[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snoke Bad CGI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: star-wars.jpg (163 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
163 KB, 612x380
I was blown away by how bad this guy looked.
Its one thing that they chose to make the big bad cgi in a movie of 95% models, but what really bothered me is just how bad the cgi looked.
Is it 2003? Could they really not afford better looking cgi?
I just can't fathom how they watched the Snoke scenes before release and thought "yeah, that looks good".
>>
>Could they really not afford better looking cgi?
It's not so much a matter of cost than it is time. I'm pretty sure I read or watched an interview with Andy Serkis where he said they were still designing Snoke way late into the production. He did the motion capture without any idea of what he would look like.
>>
>>64061076
Did they even need CGI for him? Makeup could have pulled off the exact same look.
>>
>>64061174
I completely agree. I mean they were clearly going for a Voldtemort ripoff, but in that case they should have just done a gaunt actor with makeup and digital touch ups like they did with Ralph Feines.
>>
>>64061076
OP here, just want to mention that I actually really liked the movie and thought it looked great, with the exception of Snoke. I even liked Maz Kinata, but thats because she had an original look to her, as opposed to Snoke, who looked like 9 other pale creepy cgi movie villains.
>>
>>64061164
I wonder if he was disappointed when he watched it and realized that the motion capture role he did a decade ago looks leagues better than this one.
>>
>>64061300
Maybe when he is shown in face the CGI looks better, this was supposed to look fake because it is a hologram

But yeah still the whole look isn't original or was the CGI needed
>>
It's weird because he was a hologram they could've easily just added a hologram effect and distortion over the top of him, and then design the character properly in a later film - like they did with Sheev in ESB.

It would have added more mystery too
>>
>>64061395
This. Gotta remember this was a holo
>>
>>64061076
>was blown away by how bad this guy looked.
have we really seen him or just a hologram version?
>>
Snoke was a bit weird in general. He appeared too often and got too angry. He should have been more mysterious and refined like Palpatine.

I really think he's Plagueis, but it doesn't make sense that a master would be less composed than his apprentice. Especially when he's called "The Wise".
>>
>>64063006
I want him to be Plagues so badly, buy that would be too good to be true. I've been a movie fan for too long to hope for that sort of thing anymore.
>>
>>64061174
>>64061242
Yeah I don't get it. Serkis was saying they couldn't realize the character without cgi. This was less cgi than sheev like 10 years ago...
>>
File: edna.jpg (808 KB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
edna.jpg
808 KB, 1564x1564
CGI characters were a mistake.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.