[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Rey hug Leia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
When Rey returns from being rescued...she sees Leia and hugs her.

Did I miss/forget something? How did they recognise each other at all...did they meet in a scene before this?
>>
I assume Leia knows she's Luke's daughter, which is also why she arranged for her to fly to Luke
>>
>disney
>>
Rey was treating Han like the father she never had and Leia was in love with him. It was a pottery moment with them mourning while all the Resistance was celebrating not dieing.
>>
>>64060580
But they both made eye contact in the scene as if they knew each other and were friends of something
>>
>>64060580
I just assumed she was consoling Leia because the retired without Han.

But how did Rey KNOW that was Leia and vis versa. They didn't speak to each or act like complete strangers....I'm thinking I forgot a detail that explains it.
>>
>>64060542
Well, Chewbacca isn't important in any way, shape, or form, so of course Leia would run past the useless walking carpet to comfort the woman she's barely met who is nevertheless the most important person in the entire universe.
>>
It's frustrating when you don't know if the stuff that happens in a movie isn't making sense, or if there's meant to be sense to it except the movie is willingly cutting out all the scenes that would explain it.

We don't know if Leia knows who Rey is, we don't know how she introduced herself to her, we don't know what she instructed Rey to do when she went to Luke, or even what her reasoning was for it to be Rey who goes to Luke (I can't imagine this scene playing out in any way that wouldn't be somewhat enlightening to Rey)

If it weren't for the guaranteed sequels, shit like this would be considered bad. Honestly I consider it bad anyway.
>>
>childrens film about space wizards
>'why do magical things happen?'
>>
>>64060767
>(I can't imagine this scene playing out in any way that wouldn't be somewhat enlightening to Rey)
She could've sent her because Rey proved she was force-sensitive, but I think judging by her expression when she met Luke we can assume she knows he's her father
>>
>>64060827
Right, but did she say to Rey that her father is there?

I guarantee whatever revelations we get at the beginning of the next movie will make Rey's scant interaction with Leia make even less sense. What reason would she have to not tell Rey Luke is her father at that moment besides for the narrative impact when she meets him
>>
>>64060767
Yeah, leave it to a TV writer and a senile man to write a SW movie
>>
i dunno man. maybe the force is just a giant magnet or something
>>
>Friend of over 30 years returns after witnessing death of best friend
>Decides to hug a stranger
Fucking seriously, JJ?
>>
>>64060760
But Chewie has been with Han for years. Longer than Leia knowing Han or even her brother.

Maybe show him some condolences for his loss of his long time friend. Fuck.
>>
>>64060580

Leia is force sensitive so this is most likely the case
>>
>>64060620
Exactly. They didn't introduce themselves, they didn't talk about the rescue mission, Luke etc. But they seems to recognise each other instantly.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.