[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hustler [1961]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: diner scene.jpg (61 KB, 570x317) Image search: [Google]
diner scene.jpg
61 KB, 570x317
near perfect movie
>>
>>64058735
it was so depressing and tragic
the new one is more fun
>>
>>64058806
cannot believe newman signed in for that shit utterly disgusting
>>
>>64058735
This is one of my all time favorites. People remember it for the pool scenes, which were done in such a fantastic way that it sucks you in and makes pool seem really, really awesome. But there is so much more to this film.

The part where he is talking to her about how passionate he is about pool, and she tells him how lucky he is because most people never get to feel that way about anything...that always gives me feels. Reminds me so much of me and my girlfriend whenever i start speaking really passionately about something. We love that scene.

And God, that scene at the end is so fucking great.That speech he gives.

Also, they go to Louisville during the Derby, which is where I live.
>>
>>64058896
Here are the two scenes I was talking about. I always felt like a loser, too. Plus I'm a hustler, so I have a real connection to the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3BVozrrbw

And the other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQsuCJ-g4I

"You're dead inside and ya can't live unless you make everything dead around ya"

Thanks OP, for the non-TFA thread.
>>
>>64058735
Bump for a great movie that I bet 99% of the people currently on this board have never seen.
>>
>>64058875
you have to respect every single decision paul newman made in his whole life because he was cool and you are not
>>
Such a great movie and one of the few movies that understands gambling addiction
>>
>>64058735
>OP makes a thread about a great movie while board is currently being shitted up
>OP doesn't even post in his own thread
>OP probably posting in a TFA thread right now
>>
>>64059281
It isn't about gambling addiction at all. It's about hustling. And Eddie was truly passionate about pool, but he was also a piece of shit. But he knew he could win, and in the end he was right, but it cost him everything and made him realize that he had been passionate about the wrong things, or at least gone about it in the wrong way. His hustler ways got him in trouble over and over. That's the moral of the story. It isn't about gambling addiction you moron.
>>
>>64059318
i was more interested about your opinion anon.
>>
>>64059429
I was happy to give it, but was looking forward to a dialogue.
>>
>>64059500
i got nothing on you man, your greentext was pure gold.
>>
>>64059542
I posted
>>64059403
>>64059033
>>64058896
>>
Watched it like 10 years ago and only remember that I enjoyed it, but can't recall any particular scenes that really stuck with me.
>>
>>64059403
Lol thats embarrassing
>>
>>64059403
i have to agree with you. when eddie and sarah are having pick-nick and sarah says to eddie that she loves him eddie just watches to the horizon and stays silent. this little scene foreshadows the whole movie how he truely love sarah and hustling was his passion untill hustling took everything he ever cared
>>
what do you guys think of scorcese's sequel?
>>
>>64059935
terrible
>>
>>64058735
Loved Paul Newman. This and Cool Hand Luke are my favourites.
>>
>>64059935
>>64059980
it wasn't that bad, just a different flick for a different era in film. not as good The Hustler though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.