[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we all agree that this character actively made the movie worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: shitchar.jpg (38 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
shitchar.jpg
38 KB, 768x431
can we all agree that this character actively made the movie worse
>>
Yes. At the moment. She's an awful character. That could change though after 8 and 9 of they write her character right.
>>
>>64058384
Yes, why do you even need a thread for this?
>>
Yes. She made Finn look worse by comparison, she made Kylo look worse, she even made Han fucking Solo look worse. The only reason we still think of Poe as a badass pilot is because he had the good fortune to have never met her.
>>
Ways they could have fixed her arc:

>spent more time with Maz telling her about the Force
>had Poe pilot the Falcon instead of having him disappear for an hour
>>
>>64059053
actually all they need to do in order to fix rey is not have her be the only character that matters in the end
>>
>>64059053
or instead of a staff as her main weapon she was skilled with a sword like thing. Or something more related to a lightsaber
>>
>>64059147
I didn't mind her winning the Ren fight.

It's not like she was any good with it. She only won because she could calm herself down, unlike him.

Being better than someone at fighting doesn't mean you're a good fighter, especially when that someone doesn't really know how to fight.
>>
>>64059213
That was honestly the thing that irked me the most. He was trained at a young age in the force with Luke and The sith fucker. You could argue he may have been a shitty student but it's implied he killed all or most of Luke pupils.
>>
>>64059053
if poe piloted the falcon he wouldn't have needed rey and they would've left her on jakku
>>
>>64059147
Im actually hoping theyll incorporate her lightsaber into her spear. Would make a refreshing change from
>LOL every jedi AND sith uses the exact aame weapon
I think Kylo using a slightly modified lightsaber makes this possible

>>64059213
>>64059289
Dont forget Ren was seriously injured. Did you guys even watch the scene? They made a point of emphasising that.
>>
>>64058384

>can we all agree that this character actively made the movie worse

I wouldn't say "actively." I'd say objectively or literally.
>>
>>64058615

>they write her character right

He actually thinks this will happen. Kek.
>>
>>64058384
Why does /tv/ hate my weaselfu so much?
>>
>>64058384
No
>>
>Movie focuses on a scavenger nobody instead of showing more of Kylo and his backstory
>>
heres my problem with Rey, because of the way she is written every other character becomes irrelevant, in the OT luke has Leia and Han to lean on, because he needs it at times, this makes him a character able to grow and become great. Anakin has Obi-Wan to lean on and learn from, this makes him it so he is not, despite everyone telling him he's the fucking chosen one, able to win all the damn time. Rey has Han solo a veteran fighter pilot, Chewie a veteran savage and Finn a trained soldier to lean on and get supported by. But she doesn't need anyone, ever. so Finn is made pointless Han becomes funny man reference guy and chewie becomes slapstick bear. every character serves only to further hammer in the fact that Rey is the greatest ever at everything and she dont need no one. Finn the character who should become her most trusted friend and capable ally is immediately bumped down to comic relief. Rey has no growth other than watch this character go from powerful and completely independent to over the top savior of the galaxy doing everything by herself. she is literally just like a my japanese anime main character and the movie and the sequels will suffer for it unless its changed
>>
File: girlpower.jpg (95 KB, 815x880) Image search: [Google]
girlpower.jpg
95 KB, 815x880
>>64058384
>can we all agree that this character actively made the movie worse
OBVIOUSLY, ITS A GIRL LEAD

BECAUSE ITS 2015

2 0 1 5
>>
>>64059857
I don't hate her, but maybe she was a little too good at everything she did having no experience. I kinda hope that fan theory of her going to the dark side is true.
>>
There is no movie without her. Learn the difference between hating a character and not needing a character.
>>
>>64058384
she was a complete mary sue. in the OT the most luke ever did with the force was a bit of telekinesis and jedi mind tricks after being taught by yoda. meanwhile literally hours after learning that the force even existed, rey can do both of those things just because.
>>
File: REY vs LUKE.jpg (370 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
REY vs LUKE.jpg
370 KB, 1000x981
>>64060262

Yup
>>
>>64058384
She was such a god damn untouchable mary sue, I was literally pissed off when she did the "These aren't the droids you're looking for" thing and it actually worked. God damn it, fuck you Abrams. Also I despised how she could hold her own against that faggot Ren, completely undermining any respect the audience could have had for him as a villain. He was pathetic. This whole movie was pathetic. Fuck Abrams.
>>
I honestly disliked her character and the acting didn't help. Because of the latest politics surrounding Hollywood, Daisy and the character get a free pass, even though that's not really the case.
>>
>>64060666
the complaining about lightsabers makes no fucking sense to me. Obi-wan was with Luke for what... a couple of hours? Yoda was with Luke for like a week or something and ONLY ONCE IN THE FILM does Yoda talk about, look at, point out, or anything else regarding lightsabers and that is just to tell Luke to fucking put it away. He literally says you don't need it. Rey is also already used to fighting with melee weapons while Luke was only shown with blasters and even then he's a moisture farmer.

>instantly trusted by the Resistance
I forgot that scene in A New Hope where the Rebels say "Fuck off, farmboy, you're not allowed to take off in our X-wings and be part of the most important mission in our history." Rey showed up with the plans, Han, Chewie, the Falcon, and Finn (a known ally of the most important soldier in the Resistance).

The ONLY thing that makes no sense (at this point) about Rey is that she's an incredible pilot. Sorry that you guys can't acknowledge that the structure of the film is obviously very similar to the original film but there are a lot of things very different about it, and here you've got a tough loner who has to barter with a seedy little scraptown just to eat at all and who is obviously destined for greatness even though she doesn't feel that way VS. a sheltered farmboy who likes to fly around and shoot at critters because that's what you do when you're bored and wish you were somewhere else than your shitty hole in the ground.
>>
File: mundanematt.png (409 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mundanematt.png
409 KB, 900x900
>>64058384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQEm2RmdIi0
>>
>>64058615
>Implying she won't go all IM SOOOO STRUNK in Episodes 8 and 9
>>
>>64059053
Also have her contemplate killing kylo and show the dark side of the force creeping in and all that instead of the land conveniently splitting in half and having her not have to even make a decision
>>
>>64058615
At this point the only way to save her is to turn her evil.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.