[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 106x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 106x160
Thoughts on this masterpiece?
>>
>>64058168
Meh, no character arc. Just a bunch of teenager pretty boy music.
>>
>>64058210
elaborate
>>
Best soundtrack of any Coen Bros movie, best subject matter, best use of Justin Timberlake.
>>
>>64058168
Poe Dameron gets happy then sad. The end.
>>
Punch Brothers are my favorite band ever, so it's truly great hearing them in such a good movie. Loved it overall.
>>
>>64058254
Not quite but okay be a dismissive twat.
>>
It's okay. Too many "meme"/"entertainment" scenes. Cut John Goodman and the Mr Kennedy bullshit for instance. Those scenes are obviously there to provide entertainment.
>>
>>64058332
Dave Van Ronk cant get a break: The Movie
>>
>>64058332
You didn't enjoy Mr Kennedy? Why not? Do you want a 100% serious film with nothing to break the sombre tone?
>>
>>64058210
This. John Goodman was the only great part of the movie. Oscar Isaac has acted in much better films, especially the recent Ex Machina
>>
>>64058449
>Ex-Machina better than Inside Llewyn Davis
I want reddit to go.
>>
>>64058332
>hating John Goodman

hello reddit
>>
LLewlyn is literally the plebs choice flick. All the music is embarrassingly bad. I feel sorry for you and your low standards senpai baka
>>
>>64058515
Bet you would have liked it if Nick Cave did the soundtrack you obvious fucking poser.
>>
>>64058515
i aint biting that shit
>>
>>64058210
There's always at least one of those people that completely missed the point of the movie in every thread, posting the old "there's no story! nothing happens! no arc!" over and over again. Just blatantly untrue.

Great movie, by the way.
>>
best coen brothers film imo but i still thought the cyclical thing was a bit on the nose

also this thread is a fucking cancer ward holy shit
>>
>>64058445
>>64058483
welcome to 4chan hello
>>
>>64058546
What the fuck is wrong with Nick Cave you fucking fag?
>>
>>64058573
>cyclical thing
I hate the people who perpetuate this bullshit. IT WAS NOT CYCLICAL! IT'S CALLED "IN MEDIA RES".
>>
>>64058332
>"meme"/"entertainment" scenes
Go jack off to Korine faggot
>>
>>64058546
no, Nick Cave is mediocre desu. even Tom Waits is better
>>
If this isn't at least a 9/10 for you. Granted I'm not gonna like you very much.
>>
>>64058624
Nothing, other than the fact he's perpetuated this cult-like following for his samey rugged "Captain Ahab" character folk rock. There is nothing noteworthy about the guy other than his mystique and the /mu/tants eat it up. At least Tom Waits acknowledges that he's playing a character, but Nick Cave and his fanboys actually believe in his own bullshit. Also his soundtracks are very mediocre.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (978 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
978 KB, 500x281
it was a very comfy movie with pretty dope music. wanna rewatch it when it rains outside

also kylo ren was preparing for outer space in this scene
>>
>>64058632
well i guess the wide misinterpretation could point toward it being poorly executed
>>
>>64058834
nobody take this hello reddit bait please
>>
>>64058908
can't handle my unironic appreciation for a movie you filthy contrarian?
>>
>>64058210
The character arc can be that the main character knows how to change, but doesn't accept his path. Drama is created when we see him able to make a change, but ignore it.

He knows that he could pick up a partner and become successful like that (as he does with Timberlake and how the producer says he should), but he doesn't want to. And because of that, he fails and becomes more lonely and lost.
>>
>>64058251
I bought that on vinyl and I sit through Mr Kennedy every time
>>
>>64059083
He wants to become this ideal of a famous lonely depressed artist
yet he doesn't realize that he needs to give up that loneliness and depression in order to become famous
>>
>>64058168
You already said it op
A masterpiece
>>
Do you guys really prefer this soundtrack to O Brother?
>>
And then—ahahahahaha—he has to have the cat! Ahahahahaha! Oh my God. And then, on the subway—he—heee, ahahahaha he loses the cat! But then he gets the cat! Ahahahahahaha.

Oh my God, and then later—later—he loses the cat again! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha.

It's hokey garbage.
>>
>>64058251
Timberlake is ineffectual not understated, he's better with Samberg, with Fallon, with Timberlake, with Nsync, by himself, then in this movie.
>>
>>64059524
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/16/inside-llewyn-davis-cat-cinema-screenwriter
>>
>>64059693
Lame excuses.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 570x300
all these posts, no Kennedy posting
>UH-OH
>>
>>64059524
do you have to type like you're on Reddit?
>>
>>64059524
Llewyn IS the cat
>>
>>64060559
Makes no sense.
>>
>>64058168
Favorite-ish Coen movie. And I had literally no expectations. Let alone they'd make something to possibly dethrone O Brother.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.