[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it guys, Finn was alright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16
File: Finn.png (344 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Finn.png
344 KB, 480x640
Lying/faking it till he made it around the galaxy
>> Hitting on Raeh
>> Bro-ing out with Poe
>> Being a TRAITOR janitor, but still ending up trying his best and getting shit done

You guys gave Boyega shit, but he was an alright in Force Awakens
>>
Also
>> Doesn't pretend to understand BB and Chewie like everyone else does
>>
File: 1260827502752.jpg (79 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
1260827502752.jpg
79 KB, 350x218
>>64058036
>thinking he was joking about sanitation job
>he wasn't
>>
>>64058036
>Raeh
>>
>>64058036
Yes, he was. The desperate /pol/-tards have switched to bitching about black Hermoine in an attempt to deflect well-deserved criticism of their shitty opinions.
>>
Finn and Poe were great, BB8 was cute, Han to my surprise was pretty good, Chewie was fine. Rey was the weakest link.

I liked her on Jakku when she was this naive girl believing Finn's bullshit but she started going downhill quickly.
>>
>>64058036
He was a jobber
>>
>>64058385
I saw someone spell it that way on here. I have no idea
>>
>>64058036
My problem with Finn is that he has no skills. How are you gonna get the girl without skills?
>>
>>64058036
>>November: "A Star wars character can't be bla-ha-ha-haaaack!"
>>Endless racist shitposting
>>Finn turns out to be great

>>December
>>Mysterious lack of retractions from various racist shitheads
>>"A Harry Potter character can't be bla-ha-ha-haaaack!"

And the shitpost cycle goes on.
>>
>>64058708
It's not the girl he's after.
>>
>>64058708
He'll keep pretending he's super important. He's going to be like the Ussop of Star Wars and all his lies will come true eventually
>>
>>64058743
What's he want then? I'm serious here. If he's not after reys holes what role will he end up filling otherwise
>>
>>64058036
He was a goat janitor tropper.
>>
>>64058815
Poe's
>>
I liked him. He was just a fuckup trying to stay alive.

That said, his inconsistencies would have been totally fixed if he hadn't been a Stormtrooper. Just a janitor.

>no love for stormtroopers
>access to Poe
>no battle experience
>does mop fu or something for combat, I don't fuckin know
>>
>>64058918
Since his only skill is as a soldier will he be responsible for training the resistance army? I guess he could replace Han but he's not really the type.
>>
>>64058036

It turned out it was the woman who was the worst character.
>>
How was he just a janitor if he was participating in the village raid?
>>
>>64059014
This tbqh familia

/tv/ should write a sorry letter to Janitor-kun
>>
>>64058565
Same with me, even the surprise for Han. Harrison Ford seemed to really channel the character and the script did him justice as well.

I think Rey was written alright, but Daisy did not act really well, I think. I had a feeling that in the midst of the action she was just saying her lines as fast as she could to convey movement, but at times she just sound like a rude character.
>>
>>64059026
It was his first and only mission. Maybe everyone starts off at a menial job. Can't just strwight to being the fry cook
>>
>>64059014
I agree. I was put off by how perfect Rey was at everything she did.
>>
>>64059026
he was a janitor on starkiller before moving up the ranks
>>
>>64058036

I liked Finn, just didn't like his constant heavy breathing. He also should have got fucked up hard by Kylo but somehow held his own. Rey was ok, she just shouldn't have been so strong with the force, she should develop over the course of the trilogy.
>>
>>64059407
I agree. He had more of a vendetta against Kylo so having him finish the fight after the whole movie hyped up Rey would have been really good.
>>
Would have liked a good will hunting esque genius janitor origin story for Finn, like the storm trooper professor leaves some difficult math question on the blackboard overnight and Finn solves it
>>
>>64058986
hello teenie bobber
>>
>>64058590
>relying upon others
>not simply looking it up if you don't know
>not knowing already
>>
>>64058733
Finn is a brand new character.

Hermione isn't.
>>
>>64058036
I literally want a spin-off about Finn&Poe adventures with Phasma & Hux as a villains. Maybe in ep8 while Kylo and Rey will learn about the Force?
>>
>>64059769
What.
>>
>>64058733
>>64059850
Wait what? B-black Hermione? I thought this new Harry Potter spin off is set in 30s or something?
>>
>>64058036
>Want to leave the bad side since he cant kill people
>Instantly kills tens of his fellow brothers in arms when escaping the mother ship

gr8 writing jj
>>
>>64059850
Hermione is a shit character no matter what thou.
>>
Would've been a better movie if was about Fin and Po shitting on everyone in an X-Wing.
>>
>>64059969
People are literally shitting themselves because the eighth official Harry Potter story, which is being presented as a play....a fucking play.....had a black woman cast as Hermione.

Fantastic Beasts is something else.
>>
So instead of banning you for this garbage bait thread they told you to add spoilers and remake it?
>>
>>64060180
watching poe taking down ties, I was just waiting for "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!" to appear on the screen.
>>
His and Poe's scenes were great, hoping for more of that in the future movies
>>
>>64060191
>People
You mean retards, right?
>>64060212
Literally the George Lucas of shitposting.
>>
>>64060349
>retards
no actually. they are classified as normal members of society and have a right to vote and everything. be afraid.
>>
>>64059984
And in all crazyness JJ just had to insert one little sentence
>"I dont want to kill innocent or uninvolved"
Ta-da JJ,
now he can kill troopers without remorse.
He had one job, one job!
>>
>>64059069
I think she was written poorly, because they're afraid of being called sexist she had to be too strong. She does it all on her own, only chewie helps by wounding Kyle ren and later giving her a lift off the death star: the planet.

Like post-jakku Poe just casually is a total expert on his own. He pretty much 1v1'd the shitkiller basic bitch, the other X-wing were just a mild distraction. But Poe was rushed in, meant to die in the crash on jakku. JJ meant to the movie be mostly about Rey, so the same excuse doesn't apply.
>>
>>64058036

His character's behavior, while entertaining, made little sense considering his background.

We really needed more insight into what his life was like as a Stormtrooper, and how he developed feelings of discomfort and the will to rebel despite thousands before him never doing so. As it stands his defection seems inexplicable, it doesn't really say anything about what it means to be a stormtrooper. Finn might as well have never been an accessory to evil, as the very first time we see him his morale compass and willingness to hold on to it are both completely unscarred. Usually, when we see a bad guy switch sides, a few feelings should be invoked. The audience should feel vindicated in rooting for the good guys, and should also be excited to finally have a sample of the enemy's power and style on the side of good. Finn doesn't get that moment.

Still, that was the absolute least of the movie's problems. Boyega was good, but not great. And what Star Wars needs to stay afloat is greatness.
>>
>>64059984
Was I the only one a little concerned about how excited he looked over the idea of killing Phasma in a trash compactor?
>>
>>64058036
He was annoying as fuck the whole movie and literally brought down any dramatic moment with retarded quips. Also his character makes no fucking sense. When I first saw that stormtrooper lean down and pick up his fallen comrade, I expected a moment where the stormtroopers were actually humanized, and that he would avenge his friend out of anger, killing those rebels, but NOPE GOTTA HAVE MY SHITTY ONE DIMENSIONAL VILLAINS WHO ARE EVIL WITHOUT QUESTION, GOOD THING FIN REALIZED THAT THOSE REBELS WHO KILLED HIS FRIEND WERE THE "ACTUAL" GOOD GUYS.

Fuck this shitty movie.
>>
>>64058036
His acting was good. The writing was shit.

And why was a stormtrooper raised from birth to be loyal basically a normal person?

Shit writing.
>>
I didn't mind him, I just didn't understand, why none of the white people in the movie never mentioned that he's a nigger.
>>
>>64061093
I don't really care about his life as a clone trooper. Seeing his hands shake at the massacre and knowing that he was really just a janitor is enough to establish that he was uncomfortable with what the first order wanted from him and isn't that a good enough reason to fuck over fascists?
>>
A nigger in a movie will never be all right. Take your race mixing propaganda to your own country you filthy kike.
>>
>>64061093
The thing is
1. He was taken from his home as a young child and reprogrammed and the fact that he realized that and felt anger about it shows he wasn't completely conditioned
2. He was a janitor and the mission in the beginning was his first combat role
3. The fact that they have re-programming and evaluate the Storm Troopers shows he definitely wasn't the first to have second thoughts or defect

But you are right about us never getting that "moment" of him switching sides because we never really saw him do anything as a Storm Trooper.

I'm sure we'll get more into his backstory later on. It seems odd that he'd mention being kidnapped as a child and that they showed he'd never had a history of insubordination without touching on those points again
>>
>>64060400
And yet you reddit retards say /pol/ is bad.

>don't let citizens vote
>don't breed
>other retarded drivel

Tip of the fedora to you.
>>
He played it well enough for the big action blockbuster it was, but why is a stormtrooper who is on sanitation in a combat role, and why is he, a stormtrooper, raised from birth with loyalty to the empire or whatever they replaced it with (what was the point of the original trilogy if the resistance just fuckin' lost after all that and the empire was replaced with something nearly identical to the empire?), able to jump ship so easily
>>
>>64061295
>, raised from birth
He literally said he was taken as a child
>>
>>64060448
Luke kills hundreds of thousands of people
>>
>>64058036
The scene where he pleads with the droid to tell Rey about the base was hilarious.
>>
>>64061295
It was the first time he saw actual combat
>>
>>64058036

I agree. He was more likeable than Poe or Rey. I have nothing wrong with Boyega cast as Finn.

What I do have a huge problem with, however, is the reasoning JewJew Abrams gave for casting him.
>>
>>64061131
I think it kind of made sense, imagine how you might feel if you suddenly found yourself in control of an authority figure that scared the shit out of you. (I know it's stated somewhere in the tie in material that Phasma is the tough but fair and reasonable kind of officer, but still.) Or I dunno,maybe finn is just kind of a douche.
>>
>>64058036
Finn was fucking gold, easily my favorite part of the movie.

...But seriously what the fuck was up with this movies soundtrack? It sounded like music from a fan film, probably the worst soundtrack of any of the films.
Does John Williams just not give a fuck now that George is gone?
>>
>>64058036
We hated jj not boyega.
>>
>>64060191
>>64060349
>>64060400
>make a huge deal out of muh black Hermione and plaster it all over social media when nobody really cares
>act surprised and indignant when people reject your bullshit

Keep on race-baiting, buddy. I'm sure there will be absolutely no consequences in the future.
>>
>>64061407
It actually had some great pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM

The audio was just really poorly mixed, so you couldn't hear it much
>>
>>64061407
>But seriously what the fuck was up with this movies soundtrack? It sounded like music from a fan film, probably the worst soundtrack of any of the films.
Oh my god I thought I was the only one. The whole thing sounded like garbage and I had to fight myself from falling asleep during it. It was THAT BAD
>>
>>64061443

This theme was playing really clearly early in the movie, I think everyone in the theater could hear it. It was just kind of bland. Although maybe that was a deliberate choice by Williams, since it's Rey's theme.
>>
>>64061443
You might have a point, since now that I think about it, George always did allot a bizarre amount of audio real estate to the music alone.

That said, it was still noticeably below the mark.
>>
>>64061513
It's stylistically distinct enough from everything else in the Star Wars universe to stand out; far from bland. It's also super whimsical, like something out of an 80s Spielberg film.
>>
>>64061513
>>64061516
>tfw the theme from a mediocre video game was better than the original music in Episode VII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAumBkRESuY
>>
>>64061473
Honestly something was nagging me the whole time, like the movie was good but it didn't quite feel like a star wars movie. I mean even the prequels felt more star wars-y to me, and those films were practically made by aliens. But I'm starting to realize that it was the music. Crazy how such a simple detail can effect a film so much.
>>
File: Sanitation.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Sanitation.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64058036

>23 years old
> Starring in biggest movie franchise in the world.
> Working with pop culture icons like Harrison Ford

How old are you and what are you doing with your lives?
>>
>>64061568
>I mean even the prequels felt more star wars-y to me, and those films were practically made by aliens
I agree with you 100 percent. I was born in 93, but I watched the OT before the new ones, never really understood the hate for the prequels because in my opinion, they all felt like Star Wars, 1-6. The Force Awakens didn't feel like anything. It felt manufactured, cold, and soulless.
>>
>>64061561
Being different from the other Star Wars films doesn't not make it bland. If anything that is probably part of the problem. To me it felt exactly like Abrams' shitty Star Trek films, only transferred into the SW universe.
>>
>>64061589
>"We'll use the Force!"

kek
>>
>>64061589
Exactly. I'm a 23 year old nobody actor and seeing him get cast in such a big project out of nowhere was actually kind of an inspiration to me. Good for him.
>>
>>64061563
You have bad taste. This is shit.
>>
>>64061589
>Literally cast in the movie because JJ wanted a black guy to fit his diversity quo

I feel sorry for Boyega, he's a good actor, but fuck JJ for hiring him on skin color alone and not because of his acting merit.
>>
>>64061616
>To me it felt exactly like Abrams' shitty Star Trek films, only transferred into the SW universe.

Felt the same way to me, the scene where "Planet the Audience Can't Possibly Care About #3" gets destroyed looks almost exactly like the scene where Spock's planet gets destroyed in the Star Trek movie, only with more fire. I'm starting to think that all those jokes about Star Trek being Abrams' demo tape for Star Wars had a little bit of truth in them.
>>
>>64061632

It's not great, but it's better than the music in Episode VII.
>>
>>64061620
good luck and watch your corn hole
>>
>>64058565
This to be desu.
Finn was the best character, Poe has to potential to be also awesome, but too little screen time.
>>
File: i don't know.jpg (30 KB, 350x358) Image search: [Google]
i don't know.jpg
30 KB, 350x358
>obviously cares enough about his fellow troopers to go into PTSD over seeing one of them die
>right after that he regretlessly goes on a genocide blasting down the people he grew up with his whole life and even celebrating the fact

For god's sake, I know Star Wars doesn't have the most gray morality but this was an immediate 180 with no buildup. It's enough that Finn knows the First Order is evil and wants to run from it, but it's all he knew his whole life so it's practically the same as suddenly killing your own family. Was it too hard to give him maybe 5 more minutes of development or at least have Poe be the one to shoot the bad guys while they escaped?

Hell, it even feels like the writers admitted it was bullshit when it was found that he had no previous abnormalities as a stormtrooper
>>
>>64061616
09 Star Trek is the 3rd best film the series you monstrous pleb
>>
File: unkar.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
unkar.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>64061620
In the spirit of Christmas, I wish you all the best in your efforts.

:)
>>
>>64061821
You realize he's being hunted, right? It's difficult to not fight people who have a really strong interest in fighting you
>>
>Weeks ago literally thinking Finn were going to be "fuck you, racists" shit and Rey were going to be as good writen as Furiosa
>After watching it Finn is my fav and I fucking can't stand how badly written Rey is
Surprised
>>
>>64061698
It's not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8
>>
>>64058397
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>64058036
John's being interiviewed on TV right now (ABC) actually..
>>
File: boy.png (2 MB, 1492x882) Image search: [Google]
boy.png
2 MB, 1492x882
>>64061992
>>
>>64061848
Winning special Olympics still makes you a retard
>>
>>64061967

I really just didn't like it. The only decent part of that track was the recycled "Force theme" played right before the credits. It's not that the soundtrack as a whole was bad, it just wasn't good. The only music that really sounded good to me was the track that played when the X-Wings were flying in on that planet where Orange Yoda lived.
>>
>>64058036
Poe was great, he had that Buck Rogers/Jack Burton kinda charm to him. Finn was surprisingly like able. I love how he didn't try to hard to be this Jedi type. He was a fucking janitor! Awesome. Plus his reactions to things felt realistic.

Rey was... Decent. I didn't mind her at all but she didn't have that Nausicaa type of wonder I was hoping for. Hoping in the next move she loses a hand for poetry or an eye.
>>
>Prequel trilogy soundtrack has constant references to the originals, while also adding new things that still fit the theme of Star Wars perfectly
>Can't even remember one fucking section of the soundtrack for The Force Awakens.

I can't remember anything about this movie and I just saw it. My god it was just...fuck man, it was garbage.
>>
>>64062135

You have shit memory friendo.
>>
>>64058257
>>64058036
>doesn't know how to meme text

Get out
>>
>>64062180
I remember liking when Snoke was there on screen, as the theme was cool, and I remember thinking it was cool seeing that lazer blow up a planet, but I was immediately disappointed because it seemed meaningless as it was forgotten about instantly. I mean, they fucking blew up Courescant I think? You'd think that a whole fucking batallion of ships would show up to combat that death star thing and not a handful of x-wings.
>>
>>64060191
>People are literally shitting themselves
>literally shitting themselves

i dont think this is happening anon
>>
>>64062135
>I can't remember anything about this movie and I just saw it. My god it was just...fuck man, it was garbage.

It's not fair to say the prequels were better than Episode VII, they were almost irredeemably bad. The prequel soundtrack was better, but TFA's soundtrack did include a lot of callbacks to the originals. The "binary sunset" theme plays several times in the movie, and the Resistance theme is reminiscent of that song that plays in Episode II when Yoda and the clones show up.
>>
>>64062180
Let's be honest, Episode 1 had "Duel of the Fates", one of the best SW tracks ever at least. Awakens didn't have anything that compared
>>
>Leia hugs Rey at the end of the movie
>They never met before
>Nobody even told Leia about Rey and viceversa
>Leia doesn't even hug Chewie or even looks at him
That scene was odd as fuck
>>
>>64062236
>I mean, they fucking blew up Courescant I think?

It wasn't even Coruscant. It was 3 planets that we didn't even know existed, they were mentioned about a minute before they got blown up, had no characters that we cared about living on them, and none of the characters had any connection to any of those planets or to anyone living on them that we knew about. Blowing up Coruscant would have been a massive improvement.

>You'd think that a whole fucking batallion of ships would show up to combat that death star thing and not a handful of x-wings.

They actually explain this one, the Republic's entire fleet was based in that system. Seems a little convenient, but weirder things have happened in real life.
>>
>>64059850
>Finn is a brand new character.

That didn't stop /pol/ from going full retard.
>>
>>64058036
Surprisingly a great character, enough amount of jokes, badass scenes, silly scenes and likeable as fuck. Well done JJ

Meanwhile Rey was the weakest by far, perfect at absolutely everything, never fucks up, no flaws, instant profiency with everything, etc that felt like a fanfic main character, try harder next time JJ
>>
I would rather have watched poe and finn for 2 hours doing non force shit than what we got.
>>
>>64062390
>Meanwhile Rey was the weakest by far, perfect at absolutely everything, never fucks up, no flaws, instant profiency with everything, etc that felt like a fanfic main character, try harder next time JJ

To be fair, it took her a good five seconds to learn how to pilot the Millennium Falcon, three tries to do a Jedi mind trick, and she forgot to take off the safety on her gun before taking out 5 or 6 stormtroopers in a about a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKKB-JJvsU
>>
>>64062466
She also almost got captured by those two guys trying to get bb
>>
Would the movie have been better if Finn was the Jedi instead of Rey?
>>
>>64062626
>Almost
They took her by surprise and still got beat hard.
She also escapes by her own from being captive by the Order.
And overpowered a trained dark side user in the first time she uses her powers.

Sorry, that girl is bordering the sueism. You don't need that to make a strong character, see Furiosa, she's a strong female character both literalyl and metaphorically speaking and doesn't feel over the top but well writen instead.
>>
>>64062696
I don't think so, making him an average joe with a good heart was a good idea.
>>
>>64062466
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKKB-JJvsU

My first thought when I saw Rey.
>>
Too mny fucking jokes. I liked his character when he wasn't cracking jokes.
>>
>movie is called "the force awakens"
>literally only one person "wakes up" to the force
i thought it was gonna be shit like a whole bunch of force users start waking up everywhere and the whole galaxy goes into chaos cause too many untrained people using the force
>>
now that Han is dead will Chewie become Finn's companion? and does that mean I can call him Jake the Dog?
>>
>>64063048
peter mayhew is like 100 years old too so maybe they're just gonna retire chewie
>>
>>64061963
Bodega is a good actor. His character was crap.
>>
>>64061168

maybe growing up a storm trooper isnt so bad. itd be like growing up with your buddies at space hogwarts except you also commit genocide sometimes
>>
>>64061093

he was a fucking janitor whod never seen combat or paid much attention to the grand schemes of the first order. he probably spent his time chasing white stormtrooper cooz
>>
File: 1430397141423.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1430397141423.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>64058745
>His lies will just come true

lol, I'd like that.
>>
>>64062390

she was also kind of a jerk to people
>>
File: 1374431210900.png (4 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
1374431210900.png
4 KB, 274x274
>>64059026
Do you people NOT know how the military works?
>>
>>64058036
>You guys gave Boyega shit, but he was an alright in Force Awakens

it's amazing how much people hated him before the movie came out and now those people hate Rey
>>
>>64065166
Because the trailers misleadingly made him look like a chosen hero and potential Jedi. Then Rey grabbed that role.
>>
>>64065166

i never hated either but rey really is a fucking shit character. i hope rian johnson has the balls to push her into the background a bit. judging by all the feminist defense articles regarding rey i dont think her character has had a very positive reception
>>
>>64059868
>Finn&Poe

why are people trying to force this Finn & Poe best friend relationship?
>>
>>64065243

Because the groundwork was established in the film?
>>
>>64065166
Just /pol/tards. At first they thought Rey and Finn would fuck and now they're mad that Rey wasn't pathetic like their dream girls
>>
>>64061821

It wasn't over the guy specifically, just the death around him in general and the idea that they are just storming this quaint little village for reasons unknown, probably dying for no reason. Then he saw them all unceremoniously gun down a bunch of unarmed prisoners. I think it was less PTSD and just realizing that he didn't want to die there for no reason helping some assholes.
>>
he was a good traitor
>>
>>64061640
>but fuck JJ for hiring him on skin color alone and not because of his acting merit.

can we kill this fucking meme already?

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/john-boyega-describes-finn-in-star-wars-7-the-force-awakens/

>Boyega first described on the first time J.J. Abrams called him to be in Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens. Abrams was a fan of Attack of the Block “and we were waiting for a project where we could collaborate” he said
>>
>>64058036
i only hate him and the movie because he's gonna black rey.
>>
>>64062705

I feel like they have to give her a bunch of hero moments to make that last fight scene feel ok. She really was powerful all along but she was stuck on Jakku waiting for her ship to come. Once she stops doing that she has unlimited potential. Otherwise why would this powerful force user be stuck as a lowly scavenger on some sand planet?

I think they are setting her up for a lot of failures in the next movie. Kylo is going to come back strong as fuck and really get his revenge, possibly killing Luke at the end or in the 3rd movie.
>>
>>64065214
>Because the trailers misleadingly made him look like a chosen hero and potential Jed

so you got angry at the idea that a black person having the lead role?
>>
Finn was fucking awesome in TFA, he will be rewarded with Rey's holes by the end of thhe trilogy as well. Bet on it racists. SJW Star Wars will do anything to prove they're PC, just look at Rey.
>>
>>64062356
>/pol/
>full retard
So business as usual then?
>>
>>64065506
>Implying Finn wont be fucking Poe

Go cry about interracial shit on /pol/
>>
>>64065541
Lol believe what you want anon. The fact that guys are becoming fans of Finn means Disney wouldn't risk the make audience feeling sour about him being gay, it'd turn a LARGE portion of the audience off. So yes, he will be fucking Rey.

Goodnight anon.
>>
>>64061589

was anyone else taken out of the movie by harrison's completely normal not space-like winter coat he was wearing? It's like he just showed up on set, and kept his jacket on during the shoot.
>>
>>64065616
>The fact that guys are becoming fans of Finn means Disney wouldn't risk the make audience feeling sour about him being gay, it'd turn a LARGE portion of the audience off. So yes, he will be fucking Rey.

Who cares?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>64065260
There was no groundwork. They were just instantly friends because they murdered a bunch of punk stormtroopers together.

Everyone was way too fucking chummy in this movie. The cast of the original trilogy was constantly bitching each other out.
>>
>>64065392
>he thinks Attack on the Block was good

Not the person you're replying too, but I didn't think it was trash, nor was it good. It was just ok and I never understood sympathy for violence prone thieves.
>>
>>64065949
You can like an actor without liking the character
>>
>>64065721

Yeah you mean like the coat he wears in Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>64065920

I guess you forgot how Finn and Rey spend most of their time together arguing with each other, until shit gets real.
>>
>>64058036
>puts an entire rebel force at risk by lying about his knowledge of the base to save some white girl who he only knew for about 20 minutes

How is he not the shittiest character to ever exist?
>>
>>64061963
this tbqh famms
I was surprised how much I loved Finn in this
>>
>>64058733
What underage memequeens were ever saying a star wars character can't be blackackack? There's literally one in every movie.
>>
>>64058733
>finn turns out to be great

except he's easily the worst character..
>>
>>64066089
No, they don't. The fight for one second when they first meet and then after that, it's just, "Don't hold my hand, okay?"
>>
>>64062311
I thought it was a bit strange how Chewie just straight walks past Leia without so much as a whimper or something. Doesn't acknowledge her at all.
>>
File: 1448860016067.jpg (24 KB, 258x320) Image search: [Google]
1448860016067.jpg
24 KB, 258x320
>>64061173
>live in a galaxy with dozens, if not hundreds, of alien species
>NIGGERSNIGGERSNIGGERS
>>
>>64066252
and from there whenever one is in trouble the other acts as if it's a family member who is about to die and goes to stupid fucking lengths to save them...Such a forced relationship so they could hamfist muh original cast in every other scene. Literally no character development from beginning to end.
>>
>Pick an actor that looks like a gorilla
Why didn't they pick a better looking black guy? Maybe it's because they needed a black actor with a British accent and there aren't a lot of those.
>They make him speak with an American accent

SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF HIRING A REALLY UGLY BRITISH BLACK GUY THEN?
>>
>>64066353
see
>>64065392
>>
>>64066353
You homo bro? You lookin at dudes too much?
>why isn't he a hottie! mee-yow!
>>
Let's get this straight.
His name is Fin.
His designation is FN-2187
FN2187
FN1
F1N
FIN
Fin
>>
I liked when Kylo Ben kicked his ass because he wasn't a jedi.
>>
Finn was an average character made to look good because Rey was un-fucking-bearable and Ren was a joke.
>>
>Black woman gets fucked by a non-black in a movie
>Black men are openly annoyed by this

>Asian woman gets fucked by a non-Asian in a movie
>Asian men are openly annoyed by this

>White woman gets fucked by a non-white in a movie
>"What? No, of course I don't mind. Do you think I'm some kind of racist? Grow up. I love seeing diverse interracial relationships."

WHITE MEN ARE PATHETIC
>>
>>64058986
Congrats on making him less interesting.
>>
>>64066607
Literally no one but /pol/ and retarded tumblr kiddies care
>>
>>64066607
white liberal millenials are pathetic
>>
>>64062466
She found out how to fly the falcon, and then she sucked at it for the rest of the dogfight

She was all over the place when flying it and almost crashed numerous times
>>
>>64062933
The title refers to both Rey and Ben.
>>
>>64066677
Exactly, those are the only white people who care. Every other race is disgusted or angered when they see their women with another race. Only whites are so pathetic that the only react to this comes from a board filled with nazis.

There is something very wrong with white males.
>>
>>64066607
I'm a white guy and it's the only part of the movie that annoyed me. I don't care that Finn is a character, but do they have to make him the obvious forced love interest for the hot white chick? So she can shit out 3-4 mocha mistakes and completely ruin her gene pool contributions?

JJ Abrams is such a SJW faggot, he really had to force that shit.
>>
>>64066384
ok now add an n
>>
File: 1350244694310.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1350244694310.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>64066876
>>64066748
>/pol/ in charge of not getting BTFO
>>
>>64066607
Millennials are split down the middle on this. Half of them are full "RACE WAR NOW! BLACK CHARACTER IN STAR WARS IS WHITE GENOCIDE!" and the other half are full SBlack woman gets fucked by a non-black in a movie
SJW cucks.

Some people still exist in the middle, but that is an increasingly smaller group as we live in times of extremes.
>>
File: 1357127096483.jpg (99 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1357127096483.jpg
99 KB, 500x667
>>64066981
>Half of them are full "RACE WAR NOW! BLACK CHARACTER IN STAR WARS IS WHITE GENOCIDE!

>There are people that actually believe that
>>
>>64066981
MILLENNIAL WARS NOW

WHO WILL DECIDE THE FATE OF THE GENERATION?

NAZIS VS COMMIES ROUND 2
>>
>>64067051
It's more common with European millennials than American ones.

See: millennials voting for the far right parties in record numbers, millennials torching refugee centers on a regular basis, etc

American millennials are mostly just far left.
>>
File: 1370320139464.jpg (32 KB, 150x207) Image search: [Google]
1370320139464.jpg
32 KB, 150x207
>>64067125
>Fringe groups
>Half of millennials
>>
>>64067051
>Implying they are wrong

Keep believing that everyone just wants to be your friend and won't just genocide you the moment you become the minority.
>>
>>64067171
>Muh white genocide

>>>/pol/
>>
>>64067149
>Fringe group
>35 percent of votes from 18-to-34-year-olds went to the far right Front National party in France

It's also much higher than 35% if you don't count the Muslims who are in this age group.
>>
>>64058036
He would've been a great character if he was allowed time to actually be himself and grow into it instead of feeling rushed and forced because of the meth addict pacing.

He's comedic relief with grounding in human normalcy surrounded by unimaginable conflict of literal super powers. They never gave him a chance to shine.
>>
File: tumblr_nzvi0oqmVk1qd80v3o1_1280.jpg (699 KB, 1000x1252) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzvi0oqmVk1qd80v3o1_1280.jpg
699 KB, 1000x1252
>>64060349
>>
>>64067257
Nice try liberal, but yurop's far right is our far left.
>>
File: 1449795291958.jpg (36 KB, 599x476) Image search: [Google]
1449795291958.jpg
36 KB, 599x476
>Go to the theater wearing my red Make America Great Again hat
>Lefties glare at me while we're watching Star Wars
>Scream, "DEGENERATE" at the screen multiple times
>>
>>64067512
Front National is far right. It's an openly anti-Islam party, which is why the conservatives (the so-called right) and the socialists had to form a coalition to block Front National from winning.

It would be like if Trump was nominated and republicans voted for Clinton to block Trump
>>
>>64067671
You throw out "anti-Islam" as if that sounds extreme. Anti-Islam is the norm here in America.

There's a lot more to being "far right" than being anti-immigration. I'd bet the people in support of Front National still want:
>"free" healthcare
>"free" education
>ebil guns to be banned
>hate speech laws
>big government
>etc ...
>"lower taxes" which are still 500x higher than anything here
>>
>>64061093
the thing is this was actually explained. there are canon stories that lead into The Force Awakens that give back story to Finn, Ray, and Poe. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Before_the_Awakening

Finn was trained since his kidnapping to be an elite trooper. Phasma confirms it in the movie as well as in the book.
>>
>>64058918

He's gotta pay the troll toll if he wants the Poe hole.
>>
>>64066876
The movie completely retreads A New Hope. It's obviously setting up a decoy relationship
>>
File: ahhhafaggot.png (33 KB, 284x247) Image search: [Google]
ahhhafaggot.png
33 KB, 284x247
>tfw Finn turns out to be the best out of all the new characters

thats fucking hilarious
>>
>>64068384
See, I was thinking that too but I honestly don't think JJ would go against the SJW crowd. They would whine up a fucking shitstorm if she DOESNT fuck the nigger at this point.
>>
>>64058708
What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
>>
>>64061617
Best line
>>
>>64068524
Finn's Excellent Adventure: Finn delivers the straight man narrative to every Star Wars cliche in the movie.
>>
I really liked Finn, but his transformation from someone who hates death(including the death of a stormtrooper) to someone who is okay with blasting and shanking through waves of stormtroopers was done too quick.

Like i'm not asking much, but he imo, he should not have shot the stormtroopers during his escape scene with Poe.
Like shoot the missiles and everything, but i would just skip the part where the Tie Fighter gets stuck, or make it so Finn quickly shoots the cable and some machinery.
>>
>>64065243
The actors/characters seemed to have good chemistry and we grew up on Lethal Weapon movies?
>>
>>64066747
Are you sure about that?
1) Ren definitely seems to focus on Finn after the massacre

2) The giant hologram says there has been an awakening, before Rey is ever shown on screen.

3) Finn somehow manages to shrug off the mental "reconditioning" almost immediately and absconds with Poe.

4) When Ren is informed of Poe's escape and that he had help, Ren instantly knows it was Finn.

5) When Finn and Rey are celebrating their escape and ask each other how they did it, they both say the same line, to the affect of "I don't know, I just did it."

6) When Starkiller Base ends the Republic, Finn is inside a ship loading cargo, and hears the multitudes screaming, similar to how Obi-won felt Alderaan's death.

One additional possible clue, I'm not too sure about. Phasma was built up to be this badass and she capitulates to Finn immediately. Why did she bring down the shields without even an argument? Even when informed that she is going to be tossed in a compactor, she doesn't put up a struggle. It could have been a mind trick, but that seems like kind of a stretch. It could also indicate that First Order has factions and it served Phasma's purposes to have Starkiller Base destroyed.
>>
>>64069388
>Ren definitely seems to focus on Finn after the massacre
I thought it was because he was the one guy who didn't follow orders.
>>
>>64061924

Where are the rips?
>>
>>64069537

A long way from you.
>>
>>64061924
This scene seemed straight out of the prequels. It's stupid as fuck and should've have been in the final cut.

If it's there to establish Han doesn't own the Falcon anymore, that's fucking obvious. It's sat on Jakku for ages and he's nowhere in sight.
>>
>>64059775
Her name is still Rey and not Reah
>>
>>64058036

Honestly, I liked Finn the character, but his character arc was total nonsense.

The whole movie suffered from it. Felt super rushed. I get that they have the benefit of having 2 more movies to expand on this shit, but the character development and pacing didn't feel good or real at all.

I did end up liking Finn though. Just wish we actually got to explore his character transformation more. He literally became a good guy on demand, and then not, and then yes, and then for realsies.
>>
>>64058385
>he doesn't know that Rey's name is fake too
laughingrey.jpg
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.