[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Animated Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: animated_star_wars.png (178 KB, 415x561) Image search: [Google]
animated_star_wars.png
178 KB, 415x561
Are these two series worth watching? Do they make a significant contribution to SW canon?
>>
Clone wars yes
Rebels no

Clone wars feels like a lot more like a cereal show with dark stuff to it with characters you already know and you get to explore with

Rebels feels alot more like a kids show with no real dark elements to it, even when they try to they dont go far at all like clone wars could
>>
>>64057290
Clone Wars is good. It makes Anakin likable.
>>
Which one has the most or best Sheev in them?
>>
Clone Wars 2003 is the best
>>
>>64057465
Yeah, the inquisitor and dearth vader isn't dark at all. /s
>>
>>64057557
This. Id rather re watch the show just for anakin than the prequel movies
>>
>>64057584
Clone wars has sheev taking on Darth maul and his brother.
>>
I just started Clone Wars so I don't have too much of an opinion on it yet.

Rebels is great! It manages to capture the feel of the original trilogy despite having all new characters. Occasionally it has characters from the films cameo too. Watching it is actually what made me feel pretty good about Disney making Episode VII before any of the trailers came out.
>>
>>64057655
Episode/Season?
>>
>>64057290
The clone wars had George Lucas help a lot and you can tell. Rebels is made by Disney now but the same guy Filoni from TCW is still helping out.

TCW is a lot better but I still enjoy rebels, simply because its back to the empire is the enemy and not droids. Hopefully rebels gets a lot better next season same way TCW finally got good in season 3.

There's a bunch of arcs you should watch from TCW if you don't want to watch everything. Someone have the picture from yesterdays thread?
>>
>>64057290
clone wars is pretty damn good
started rebels after that but didnt even finish the first episode. rebels seems to be what many people think clone wars is. a kids show
maybe it gets better and im prejudiced
but hey, fuck rebels and watch clone wars, its great
>>
I enjoy the "droids are stupid" meme from the clone wars
>>
I remember a show when I was younger on a kids tv channel and it was literally like 10 minute short episodes and was pretty shitty

Is that the clone wars or is this something else?
>>
>>64057826
Yeah, you're just being prejudiced. It gets better with every episode.
>>
>>64057840
its the 2003 one, and you have shit taste
>>
i went through the whole "watch these hand picked episodes they are the best and skip all the filler" guide

and it wasnt good at all

show tries way too hard to be deep, feels like a kids show
the show doesnt get better the farther you get into the series, it gets worse and worse and becomes full tryhard later on

the rebels show i only saw a few episodes, they seemed to have thrown everything established out the window and milks the fuck out of characters like anakin and his worthless padawan
>>
>>64058034
Anakin isn't in Rebels. Are you confusing it with more of Clone Wars?
>>
>>64058020
>2003 clone wars show
>shit taste

pick one
>>
>>64058034
>I enjoy moeshit the post
>>
>>64058088
Vader is anakin you australian
>>
Clone Wars is ok, but Rebels is a show for little kids. If you are 15+ it will do nothing for you.
>>
>>64058020
Honestly, I don't remember much about the content. I just remember being so hyped up to watch it and then after a few minutes it was over
>>
>>64058138
but hes only in 2 eps. not really milking him
>>
>>64057729
There's a slow build up to it, you really have to watch the entire thing
>>
>>64058138
Milking him in what way then? Darth Vader has only been in one episode, otherwise he made a 20 second appearance at the end of another one. They made pretty great use of him, I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoJeLDyVBY
>>
>>64057557
Do you know which were the Anakin centered episodes?
>>
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
>>
>>64057606
This, my niggas

I love the cartoon network type of animation. Felt kinda like Jackie Chan, but with star wars. New Clone Wars is nice too tho, makes Anakin more in depth.
>>
>>64058110
no, actually i enjoy well written shows no matter the content

the shows werent well written, they were poorly written and the dialog was cringe or so dull you just glaze over and ignore half the shit being said because there are so many filler plots and filler episodes
and a lot of the "suggested" episodes are not good
there might be like 4-5 episodes enjoyable out of both of those 2 series, do not bother with the overarching plot, it isnt good at all
>>
>Important plot points about the movies are in these cartoons

Fuck that
>>
Watch the animated short film by a fan from /m/ instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>64058273
not the person you are talking to be when i mentioned milking anakin i meant the first series not rebels
i couldnt care to give a fuck about anything happening in rebels
>>
>>64057557

This.

Clone Wars gave us the Anakin we should have gotten in the films. He's actually a very heroic and likable character in CW which makes his fall from grace in Ep III even more tragic.
>>
>>64058422
You should at least watch the episode of Rebels where Kanan takes Ezra to the Jedi temple.
>>
>>64057465
Do you suppose Rebels will grow into it, like The Clone Wars did?
>>64057673
I'm rewatching The Clone Wars myself. Hit Rookies. Still love that episode.

Although is it just me, or should they have kept the focus purely on the Clone Troopers, to reflect the isolation and uncertainty they felt?
>>
>>64058538
Rebels has gotten darker, especially with the winter finale from last week. Season 2 in general has been darker in tone.
>>
>>64058631
I thought the episode with the force babies was the last one? Has there been anything new?
>>
>>64058798
Yes. There was one after that where Ezra has a vision involving his parents.
>>
>>64057290

Don't listen to those idiots on here. Clone Wars is very good, after a couple of episodes. Rebels is the same, but when both shows get good, Rebels is far superior because it feels more like Star Wars

>they use parts of the original score
>original Vader and Lando
>empire era, much more interesting

The protagonists are not so great, but the antagonists are far better then CW
>>
>>64058020
I imagine watching it weekly would be sub optimal
>>
>>64057616
>/s

fuck off.
>>
>>64057290
Clone wars is a minefield.
At its best, it makes you actually give a shit about the prequel characters, repairs the character damage inflicted, and has some decent battles.
At its worst, it 's Jar Jar tier.

As for Rebels, it's got a few good moments in a quite clearly overly kid friendly series. It's getting better though, and it stays more consistent in quality rather than veering off one way or another.
>>
>>64059125
I feel like Rebels works and has been developing in a similar way that Avatar: The Last Airbender did. The first season is kind of hard to watch sometimes because of how kid friendly it is, but by season 2 it matures a lot. I feel like Rebels is going to go the same way.
>>
>>64057765
>The clone wars had George Lucas help a lot and you can tell.
What does that mean? Was it like poetry? Did it rhyme? Was Jar Jars a key player?
>>
>>64058273

This looks like it could be alright, except I hate all of the hero character designs.
>>
Clone Wars had a better Anakin arc than the prequels.

I only watched a couple episodes of Rebels. It seems aimed toward a very young audience, like 3-6.
>>
>>64058034
>tried too hard to be deep
Are you same stupid fucker from a few days ago who thinks exploring characters is pretentious?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.