[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God Tier: >Empire Strikes Back Great Tier: >A New Hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
image.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
God Tier:
>Empire Strikes Back

Great Tier:
>A New Hope
>The Force Awakens

Good Tier:
>Return of the Jedi
>Revenge of the Sith

Meh Tier:
>The Phantom Menace

Shit Tier
>Attack of the Clones
>>
That's fair. The true rank of TFA will depend on the quality of the narrative it set up though, so we'll have to wait till episode 8 at least for final judgment
>>
>le prequels were bad meme

hello reddit welcome to 4chan!
>>
>>64053928
We will never be truly able to rank TFA till a month later or a Dvd release, when the dust is really settled
>>
>>64054036
>Using reddit as an insult
>>
>>64054093
>Hiding from the truth
>>
>>64053928
Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Force Awakens = Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > Clone Wars > Phantom Menace
>>
>>64053928
sounds about right
>>
>>64053928
>Revenge is as good as Return meme
when will this die fgs?

underage idiot posters get the fuck out
>>
>Meh Tier:
A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

haven't seen the rest
>>
>>64053928
TFA is Good Tier.
>>
>>64054093
Good evening reddit!
>>
Star Wars as directed in George Lucas vision:

Great Tier:
A New Hope

Good Tier:
Empire Strikes Back

Okay Tier:
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Only Good for World Building Tier:
The Phantom Menace

Bridging the Gap between Prequel Tier:
Attack of the Clones

Star Wars as made by soulless corporate huckster and directed by creatively bankrupt directors:

Flick Tier: The Force Awakens
>>
File: 1357944099327.png (354 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1357944099327.png
354 KB, 700x900
reddit pls go
>>
>>64054331

The more you learn about George Lucas the less you will want to worship him.
>>
I remember when people were saying TFA was great.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
File: pp253.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pp253.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>tfw you started the 'Prequels are good' meme and redditors are starting to believe it
>>
>>64054390
they weren't bad just didnt live up to its predecessors
>>
>>64054388
This irrational hate on Lucas is bordering on Sandler tier already.
>>
>>64054426
>prequel hate is not a meme irl

Hello reddit!
>>
>>64053928

One of the truly frustrating things about TFA is that because it's a modern franchise film it's built like a TV show pilot where it introduces a bunch of characters, sets up some plot points and then leaves a million things open and unanswered to be picked up in the next movie and so on. So we have no idea at this point what missing elements are plot holes or just shitty writing, what are actually clever hidden gems to be unveiled later, what characters are purposefully underused to get used more later, etc...

While normally you can't excuse a film of leaving shit out or confusing audiences because "oh it will be explained in the next one!" This is kind of what modern franchise films are, big TV shows that put out a new episode every year or two.
>>
>>64054470

It's not irrational, and on my part it's not hatred. The more you read about him, the more you know about the behind the scenes workings of all of the star wars films the less and less noble and inventive he seems. It's not RLM "omg he's a money loving hack who just makes toy commercials"
>>
>>64054514

We've had 10-15 years to come to terms with how bad the prequels are. You'd think that if they were truly hidden gems of greatness you would have seen a public opinion reversal on them by now.
>>
File: where+do+you+think+we+are.jpg (10 KB, 281x200) Image search: [Google]
where+do+you+think+we+are.jpg
10 KB, 281x200
>>64054702
>>
>>64054427
I could probably only sit through the third one again. Even though that stupid-ass fight at the end is stupid-ass.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.