[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The first Act of Return of the Jedi is by far the best thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg (99 KB, 300x472) Image search: [Google]
ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg
99 KB, 300x472
The first Act of Return of the Jedi is by far the best thing in the whole Star Wars saga.

Prove me wrong.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
>>
The first act of A New Hope you mean.
>>
>>64053290
>watching the '97 special edition versions

Pleb.
>>
I always found the Hoth battle to be the best but I respect your opinion on this topic.
>>
>>64053223
the tattoine part was the worst thing of the original trilogy and a complete mess story wise

>luke claiming to be a jedi knight despite yodas last words to him being 'youll never be a jedi knight'
>luke falling for that retard trap
>whole plan relying on r2 not immediately getting shredded at arrival
>unfreezing han right here and there when they dont even know what could happen
>boba fett turning into a retard
im sure theres more
the whole movie was prequelesque
>>
>>64053367
The battle on Hoth is incredibly underwhelming.
>>
It's filler shit that should've been resolved in 5 minutes of Luke walking in the palace and busting some heads
>>
>>64053402
>thinking an unarmed inexperienced jedi can actually overwhelm jabba's entire rabble

Okay, anon.
>>
>>64053394
This
>>
>>64053223

I can't. You're right

>>64053290

George is a genius
>>
Goofy fight choreography aside, I like it. Luke presenting himself as a Jedi (though hastily) with the skills to back up the talk was nice and felt satisfying. His plan with R2 felt a bit questionable, though.

Overall I think the best part of the movie is definitely the throne room sequence. Return of the Jedi is kind of a sloppy mess but that part nearly redeems it. It had a lot of issues with the plot but it had a strong sense of thematic identity and was a great conclusion to Luke's story.
>>
>>64053801
The point is that he should've been armed this lightsaber in R2-D2 bullshit was retarded
>>
>>64053223
>>64055082
Pull down your pants, tuck your weak faggot boner between your legs, bend over and show us your boy pussy you raging fucking fag.
>>
the Hoth battle is overrated
it's ok but it's overrated. it's linear and predictable
the AT-ATs are what people like really
the original version had more blue matte lines around the speeders than you would believe
the Special Edition is heavily cleaned up and augmented
>>
>>64053223
The Empire Stikes Back and the battle over (not on) Endor and the fight between Luke and Vader in RotJ are the best things in the saga.
>>
VI Throne Room > V > IV > VI > VII > I > III > II
Prove me wrong
>>
>>64057118
You're wrong, now fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>64057182
This is the true ranking.
>>
I dislike Han being a joke of a character once he gets out of Karbonite.
>>
>>64053801

Isn't that basically what he almost did over the Sarlaac pit?

Sure, if it wasn't for the rest of his team, he would've died, but he still pretty much rekt Jabba's entire cartel by himself.
>>
>>64057182

>Phantom Menace better than Revenge of the Sith

No.
>>
>>64058627
>Isn't that basically what he almost did over the Sarlaac pit?
Whilst fucking armed
>>
>>64057182
>even putting VII on the list
If it goes anywhere it's dead last
>>
>>64058800
George, pls.
>>
>>64053394
fuck no, it's the best
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.