[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good movies and/or TV shows that talk about radio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: TalkRadio.jpg (177 KB, 330x600) Image search: [Google]
TalkRadio.jpg
177 KB, 330x600
What are some good movies and/or TV shows that talk about radio or are set into a radio station? English, foreign, it doesn't matter.

On a side note, could an american explain to me why there are so many conservative talk radio in the US? What's the appeal?
>>
File: alg-al-franken-air-america-jpg.jpg (105 KB, 970x728) Image search: [Google]
alg-al-franken-air-america-jpg.jpg
105 KB, 970x728
>>64053015
Because there are more pissed-off conservatives willing to speak their minds than perpetually outraged leftist whiners. All the govt. funding in the world can't change that.
For more nuanced view:se:
www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-harden/the-death-of-air-america_b_433208.html
>>
>>64053015
Because leftists control the TV stations
>>
>>64053015
You could watch Pump up the Volume and imagine the students are conservatives trying to be free and the school administration are the marxist liberals trying to force communism on everyone.
>>
Good Morning Vietnam
>>
File: 51VF30WHXQL.jpg (41 KB, 260x475) Image search: [Google]
51VF30WHXQL.jpg
41 KB, 260x475
How do you like your local rock radio station?
JUST
>>
>>64054838
I would say conservatives are a buncha old guys stuck in old media like radio, but there are plenty on twitter like Adam Baldwin and plenty on shithole websites like 4chan here
>>
It's probably not exactly what you're looking for but Pontypool was pretty entertaining
>>
A friend who has gone way conservative in recent years is still a huge Stern fan and has this hanging in his comic store.

Not that Stern is quite a liberal, at least conpared to these touchy feely triggered PC police liberals that get all the press today.
>>
>>64054949
Yup. The left controls all of television. I heard it on Fox News.... uh.. on my television.
>>
File: Blog_NPR_Growth300.jpg (8 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Blog_NPR_Growth300.jpg
8 KB, 300x225
>>64056280
You're partly right. According to Arbitron ratings Public radio(federal funding with matching donations) like NPR and Pacifica
trend younger, college students, etc.Conservative talk radio bands, commercialy supported, like Clearchannel trend older.
>>
>>64056609
Only pointing out this typo since OP isn't American and may be confused, it should say "Note that Stern is quite a liberal" instead of "Not". I think he can figure out the other one on his own.
>>
>>64057277
>Arbitron
It's all Nielsen now, baby.
>>
>>64053015
>On a side note, could an american explain to me why there are so many conservative talk radio in the US? What's the appeal?

Because only old people give a fuck about the radio.
>>
who /prairie home companion/ here? just the radio show though the movie is mostly forgettable.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-06-02h12m49s70.png (207 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-06-02h12m49s70.png
207 KB, 720x404
>>64053015
conservatism is built upon the principles of minimal government, free markets, and individual liberty. there's some warmongering and religious bullshit that's latched on and diluted the message, but conservatives for the most part are on the same page.

leftism (called liberalism here, but "liberal" in europe means "libertarian" in america) is a grab bag of causes. there is a common theme of taking money from rich people, but the causes are all in conflict because each wants that stolen money for their own cause.

so a conservative radio host will attract the entire spectrum of conservatives. but a liberal host will either have too vague a cause to excite anyone, or isolate themselves by downplaying other liberal causes in favor of their own.

also, conservatives have comparatively more success on the radio because the concept that individual liberty and self interest will enrich all of society is counterintuitive and is better expressed though a longer form, more talk heavy medium. liberalism is well served by television. the idea that the government will help everybody makes sense at a glance, but falls apart the more scrutiny you put upon it. luckily, television moves too fast for that.
>>
>>64056663
>what is controlled opposition
>>
File: your ovaries are rotting.jpg (35 KB, 239x353) Image search: [Google]
your ovaries are rotting.jpg
35 KB, 239x353
OP hasn't seen Newsradio

Even the Lovitz season after Phil died was awesome.
>>
>>64057882
>minimal government
Except for the military and law enforcement.
>free markets
Except for banks
>and individual liberty.
Except for when taking drugs
>>
>>64058219
ooh nice

now tell us how conservatives, and anyone else who disagrees with you, also believes in murdering babies because you have the magical ability to read the minds of other people
>>
>>64056663
one station that you hear complained about ALL THE TIME versus all other networks on TV
>>
>>64058219
the party absolutely goes against its own principles. it sucks, but is absolutely what we'd expect. why would we expect people in the government to have incentives to actually shrink the power of government and expand our liberties? if that was the case, government wouldn't be something we despise

but the listeners of conservative radio are probably much closer to the core principles of conservative than politicians who have to pander to voters
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.