[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is you faggots problems with the girl power trend? You are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x180
What is you faggots problems with the girl power trend? You are all men who have privilege you are not even aware of, so you have no clue how needed these movies are. Women have it shit, they are judged, underestimated, if they're confident they're a bitch. If they're weak they're seen as fuck toys. They have it hard. If us men stand up for them were suddenly cuckolds. No we just see the patriarchy w our own eyes through the disadvantage of our moms and sisters. I think all the girl power stuff is awesome and important for our society.
>>
6/10

I'll give you an A for effort though
>>
I wouldn't mind it, but its so obvious the filmmakers just want to pander to a certain group of people to get more ticket sales and publicity.
>>
>>64052353
The film is incredibly comfy if you can get past the feminist agenda
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (53 KB, 205x677) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
53 KB, 205x677
rate my tabs guys
>>
>You are all men who have privilege you are not even aware of

Funny how if you replace "privilege" with "thetans", you get Scientology.

Feminism is LITERALLY a religion.
>>
>>64052353
>What is you faggots problems with the girl power trend? You are all men who have privilege you are not even aware of, so you have no clue how needed these movies are. Women have it shit, they are judged, underestimated, if they're confident they're a bitch. If they're weak they're seen as fuck toys. They have it hard. If us men stand up for them were suddenly cuckolds. No we just see the patriarchy w our own eyes through the disadvantage of our moms and sisters.
Agree, in some way

>I think all the girl power stuff is awesome and important for our society.
It's not natural and politically shoved in media, so no

That flick was like a 4/10, not for any reasons mentioned before, and i know you were baiting.
>>
>shotgun
>resting against her upper arm
>body is positioned parallel

Why can't women do anything right?
>>
I wouldn't care if they actually wrote interesting characters instead of pandering.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 728x5203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 728x5203
>>
>>64052664
fucking this
>>
>>64052353
Everytime I see this picture I think Kristanna Loken is in a new movie and trying to jump off her career again and I get really excited for a second until I open the image or remeber I've seen it before and it's not her.
>>
>>64052353
3/10 bait, didn't even try to be subtle about it
>>
>>64052353
Making movies about empowered women is fine, I welcome the trend to occur. However, I'm not interested in watching 2 hour long women power fantasies. I like to watch men mix shit up and explosions and such. The male power fantasy is what I'm interested in, and I imagine there are a great deal of men who feel the same way. There are of course exceptions but by and large, this is what men like.

So if your agenda pushing movie tanks because most women aren't interested and most men avoid it for something with more male dominated action it's hardly the fault of "the patriarchy" or men in general because you can only sell what people are interested in buying and you can't then go around telling people what to like based on what you're trying to sell.
>>
File: 1450991561735.png (229 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1450991561735.png
229 KB, 500x436
>>64052685
I hope both of these people die in a grease fire
>>
>>64052790
At least she gets to make guest appearances on Girl Meets World now.
>>
>>64052627
What browser do you use? What browsers support tab groups like that?
>>
>>64052685
what in the actual fuck
>>
>>64052888

Fuck, now I have to start watching girl meets world.
nice trips btw
>>
File: jewess.gif (3 MB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
jewess.gif
3 MB, 250x252
>>64052353
Gurrl power is stupid pandering, but I love proper action movies with women.
Most women dont give a shit about action films but I for one love underword, Resident evil, Xmen and even Hunger games
>>
>>64052353
It's that they focus on overpowering the female instead of making her a legitimate character.

Girl power is a shit idea. Making a female character who can still kick ass and manages to be vulnerable at the same time is a good character.

I'm not saying this law applies only to females. Indestructible/OP characters, for the most part aren't relatable. We wanna see characters with pathos, with problems.
>>
File: 1443845068358.webm (710 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443845068358.webm
710 KB, 1280x720
>>64053016
That's nothing to be upset about. It's a good show.
>>
>>64052627
>no BLACKED
get fucked by black men
>>
I really don't see why women don't get offended by poorly written characters. They should feel insulted by the fact that Hollywood doesn't care enough to actually take the time to write an actual interesting character. Instead they buy into the pandering BS where a women with zero flaws is able to do everything without any work.
>>
>>64052353
It's a movie about a fucking mop, no one wants to see it and blaming the patriarchy for its failure is a joke when Star Wars just grossed five hundred million in four days with a strong female lead
>>
>>64053311
The big elephant in the room is that women despise other women. An interesting flawed female character is annoying to both men and women, so you get these Mary Sues with no personality that girls can self insert and men want to fuck.
>>
>>64052922
It's just Firefox with Tree Style Tab add on
>>
>>64052353
I actually don't have a problem with strong female characters. My mother was/is a strong female. I married a strong female. My problem with strong women in films and television these days is that Terminator II was released 23 years ago and there hasn't been a single strong female character since to match her. Granted it has everything to do with the way everyone writes women in their universes, with every man still going "huh what yoooou? You're a woman" and the writer or director or whoevers choice it is to portray strong women amidst sneering men turns it into a hamfisted "see? Women are strong too"

Like they all want to be the one to break a glass ceiling that Linda Hamilton annihilated.

Just let James Cameron wrote all strong women from now on and we can get rid of the trope that we should be surprised that women are strong.
>>
>>64052353
Like the idea of "Girl Power" I can't really think of any problems I have with it. When it becomes the main theme or driving force of a movie or television show then that product becomes a lifetime/ after school special that usually ignores stories and character arcs in favor of set pieces that show empowered women doing something that's supposed to be cool. You end up with a weak story and people doing things that rarely make since in context of there environment. It's the action movie equivalent of lead character suddenly has a drug problem this week but there were never any signs leading up to it and it's never addressed again later. The viewer gets the point that's trying to be made, Woman can do it too/don't do drugs but there's little connection to events or actions taken by the protagonist and the viewer is left feeling like he just watched a poorly written original high school play or even worse spent their time being lectured to about the main subject matter.
>>
File: tumblr_static_feminism.jpg (217 KB, 399x487) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_feminism.jpg
217 KB, 399x487
>>
File: feminism.jpg (114 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
feminism.jpg
114 KB, 600x480
>>
File: feminism_150117f.jpg (37 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
feminism_150117f.jpg
37 KB, 480x460
>>
File: Feminism-these-days.jpg (72 KB, 495x366) Image search: [Google]
Feminism-these-days.jpg
72 KB, 495x366
>>
>>64053485
Why are men and women both obsessed w their own power fantasies. Why can't we just get real people on screen, and be happy with it?
>>
File: TGfgSn2.jpg (141 KB, 460x486) Image search: [Google]
TGfgSn2.jpg
141 KB, 460x486
>>
>>64053485
Cameron made strong Black, Austrian and Women characters he's like fucking Jesus turning water into wine.
>>
>>64052637
It's the ultimate "I win without having to do anything" button. It doesn't matter how valid or well researched your arguments are, some perceived unseen force that you have no control over automatically renders all that invalid.

I love that these same people who seem to know all about what it's like to live as a straight white male will then turn around and say that straight white males have no right to speak, because they don't know what it's like to live as a female/minority/(blank)sexual. Our place is simply to "listen and believe", no matter how full of shit they are. For them, privilege is an on/off switch, rather than the dimmer that it actually is.
>>
>>64053797
I don't watch space operas so I can identify with the characters. I'm watching a world that can't exist bloom and play itself out.
>>
>>64053797
>Why are men and women both obsessed w their own power fantasies. Why can't we just get real people on screen, and be happy with it?

I think because most people or a large enough group of people have lives where they don't have power or feel powerful themselves. They spend their entire lives being "real" people, they have enough of their own stresses,problems and short comings. And when going to be entertained seeing the frustrating dramas that they live through daily can be troubling. These are escapist movies they offer glimpses into lives and possibilities most will never see.
>>
>>64052353
Mostly because of how forced it feels. Very few contemporary Superheros/Male heros in general just come into power but rather that power is earned through hard work, tough experiences, etc, they also have so much more depth.

Its literally just the same character in all these movies, all kind of have the same dialogue, they all kind of look like each other, etc.

It's just embarrassing, if female characters had more originality (Under the Skin is a good example) then men would like them.
>>
>>64052685
Do you ever get the urge to just take somebodies legs off with a fireaxe?
>>
>>64053485
Define strong.

Off the top of my head, Clarice Starling, Shoshanna Dreyfus, Beatrix Kiddo, and TGWTDT (forgot her name) are all strong, or at least well written, female characters and i would put them all on the same level as Linda Hamiltons.
>>
File: stronk womyn.png (545 KB, 1233x538) Image search: [Google]
stronk womyn.png
545 KB, 1233x538
>>64052353
Listen to me. Don't you ever... speak to me about movies and gender roles. Again.
>>
Well OP. Consider this.
We don't care.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.