[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why can Kylo sense Han Solo, who is not even force sensitive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
So why can Kylo sense Han Solo, who is not even force sensitive, is on the same planet? And for that matter, given the former, how comes he can't sense him when he's watching him from his back a few hundred feet behind?

I'm sure there's some autistic EU explanation about the workings of the Force that justifies this perfectly.
>>
>>64049515
SAVE MEEEEE
>>
>>64049515
I thought it was always a vague "I sense his presence" just like in ROTJ, not a fucking FindMyiDad app.
>>
>>64049515
He's his dad.
>>
>>64049515
JJ doesn't give a shit about consistency and just does shit for dramatic value.
>>
>>64049515
Force goes through EVERYTHING.

Fuck, do you even watch Star Wars?
>>
He sensed him but tried to walk away in order not to iill him
>>
>>64049515
Whoever made that image is possibly the most unfunny person to ever touch a meme.
>>
>In the original version of Return of the Jedi, Han raises his blaster to shoot at the tentacle of the Sarlacc monster, who has latched onto Lando and is dragging him into its spiked belly. When Lando sees the blaster pointed at him he screams, "No wait, I thought you were blind!" To which Han replies, "It's all right, trust me!"

>That's fine, right? Wrong! You aren't thinking like George Lucas. Why leave an average line of dialogue in the movie when you could go through all the trouble of replacing it with another average line of dialogue that doesn't change anything at all? Now Han Solo's response to Lando is: "It's all right, I can see a lot better!"

>One thing worth mentioning is that this changed line, as with the addition of ropes on Han's feet, eliminates any possible speculation that Han may be Force sensitive. This is something I hadn't given a lot of thought to before these changes, but now it is clear. Han's feet were bound to the railing of the sail barge, which means he did not use the Force to balance himself. Han also miraculously regained his vision, which means he wasn't using the Force to guide his blaster shot. Of course he could have used the Force to cure his blindness, but that's open to debate.
>>
>>64049647
han was just making a joke in the special edition quote he didn't actually get his eyesight back
>>
File: Maz_Kanata.png (547 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
547 KB, 500x684
>>64049515
>And for that matter, given the former, how comes he can't sense him when he's watching him from his back a few hundred feet behind?

GOOD QUESTION. FOR ANOTHER TIME
>>
Why does it matter if Han is force sensitive? The force flows through all life, and each life is distinct. Han's presence is one Kylo is very familiar with and has strong feelings about, one that sticks out to him instantly.

On the second point, you're just vastly overestimating the precision of this feeling. He just knows "Dad is near", and he was already actively searching for Han.
>>
>>64049724
Yeah, that's where I disagree with the page I copied that from. But changing it to a comic relief line was just unnecessary.

So was adding ropes, although not having them there was probably seen by Lucas as a mistake. Like R2-D2 not hiding behind enough rocks.
>>
>>64049752
>The force flows through all life, and each life is distinct.

Then why only few are force-sensitive?
>>
File: star wars hux.jpg (85 KB, 634x951) Image search: [Google]
star wars hux.jpg
85 KB, 634x951
>>64049515
are you really implying that the orignal trilogy didnt had that kind of stupid moments?
>>
>>64049919
Midi-chlorians.
>>
>>64049919

Being force sensitive means just that - you're sensitive to the force in and around you. It's something you're pre-dispositioned toward, due to muh midi-chlorians and/or destiny.
>>
>>64049515
>babby's first photoshop
Love that people are still forcing this "Han dies" meme. I was legitimately almost expecting it to actually happen when I saw TFA yesterday.
>>
>>64049959
Where did I say anything about the original trilogy?
>>
File: yuck vegetables.png (579 KB, 705x539) Image search: [Google]
yuck vegetables.png
579 KB, 705x539
>>64049991
>Midi-chlorians
Lucas why?
>>
>>64049515
Han was suppressing his power level, so that Ren and the Stormtroopers' scouters wouldn't sense him.
>>
>>64050057
I blame Dragonball Z.
>His mini-DeLorean count is over 9000!
>>
File: star wars poe dameron.jpg (66 KB, 677x460) Image search: [Google]
star wars poe dameron.jpg
66 KB, 677x460
>>64050050
not saying you did but the star wars journey has a lot of well why didnt it worked /you did that earlier?just go with it already.
>>64050118
my sides
>>
>>64049638
This. It's the Facebook meme page admin cancer ruining /tv/ and turning our memes into hot unfunny garbage.
>>
He sensed his father arrive on the planet because Kylo is force sensitive and he is of course familiar with his father but it does not act as a GPS. Because of his familiarity and natural response to over-stimulation (you stop detecting it; e.g. smell good food smells once walking into a restaurant, it doesn't smell the same after a few minutes), he could not sense his fathers presence shortly after his arrival.
>>
>>64049515
This scene basically confirms that Han is Qui-gon's son.

They both die in the exact same way.
>>
>>64050360
>>
>>64049560
And this annoyed me. He could sense Han landing, but not when he is RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND HIM?
>>
>>64049647
You forgot the part where the new line doesn't fit in the amount of time available so it sounds fucked up.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.