[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek: Look! I destroyed a bunch of buildings Man of Steel:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: On the rag.jpg (44 KB, 1000x419) Image search: [Google]
On the rag.jpg
44 KB, 1000x419
Star Trek: Look! I destroyed a bunch of buildings

Man of Steel: Ha! I destroyed half a city.

Avengers: I lifted an entire city and surrounding landscape, then blew the entire thing up!

Star Wars: Fuck you all, I destroyed an entire planet and it's moons.

What's next in cinema?
>>
destroying 2 (two(II)) planets
>>
The death ray or whatever it was clearly moved less than the speed of light, yet somehow it managed to reach planets thousands, if not tens of thousands of light years away.
>>
DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE
>>
>>64047900
Hopefully in Episode IX they build a Death Star that can destroy the entire galaxy.

No more shitty star wars sequels.
>>
Seeing as Doctor Who already had a character try to destroy reality itself, I don't think we can go much further.
>>
>>64047900
Kill people in the audience.
>>
>>64047979
Explanation 1: They said it was a hyperspace laser, so it's some sort of beam that enters hyperspace and exits at the designated coordinates.

Explanation 2: JJ Abrams directed the movie. Do you remember Star Trek where they had a black hole creator suck up the explosive wave of a supernova that was so large it was engulfing multiple star systems? That was way worse.
>>
>>64048054
The Dark Knight already did that.
>>
File: Disney Star Wars.png (2 MB, 1280x816) Image search: [Google]
Disney Star Wars.png
2 MB, 1280x816
>Blowing up a planet and four moons = Destroying a solar system

Bullshit, it didn't even blow up the star like the Sun Crusher.
>>
>>64047900
Destroying your mum's pussy, m8.
>>
Probably blowing up something we care about
>>
>>64048104
Its implied that it drains an entire star every time it fires.
>>
>>64048065
Explanation 3: Star wars is pleb-tier "sci-fi" and the writing clearly shows that they don't understand simple physics-based concepts.

The same shit happened with the original movies in how the spaceships moved through space, and how the lasers aren't really lasers at all.
>>
>>64047900
Are you from reddit?
>>
>>64048028
>hatever it was clearly moved less than the speed of light, yet somehow it manag
It has it's problems but TFA isn't a shitty sequal.
>>
>>64048253
The OT and PT were at least consistent with each other. TFA just shits all over that and makes up its own rules for pretty much anything it wants.
>>
>>64048253
star wars is fantasy not sci-fi
>>
>>64049159
Its science fantasy, and up until this point adhered to an internally consistent set of rules.
>>
>>64047900
destroying ur mom
>>
>>64048065
I can accept the hyperspace beam but how did people see the explosion instantly from other planets?
>>
>>64049189
rules that only you autists care about
>>
>>64048080
Mild remorseful kek :^)
>>
>>64049318
https://youtu.be/CcX8mDRIhYE
If you're going to make a star wars movie, is it really so hard to follow star wars rules? Fuck you
>>
They destroyed a planet in Star Trek... It was called Vulcan...
>>
>>64047900
Um OP?
Hate to break this to you, but Star Trek kind of wiped out almost all of the Vulcan people along with their home planet.
You're thinking of Into Darkness.
>>
>>64048836
Yes it is.

See I can say things too.
>>
>>64049715
I didn't watch that one.
>>
>>64047900
This isn't even reddit. This is facebook tier humor. RIP /tv/
>>
>>64049948
As someone who hates the movie with a passion:
Good watch, as long as you don't care too much about the fact that it calls itself Star Trek.
>>
>>64047900

i think guren lagan has them all beat, if you count animu
>>
>>64048958
>at least consistent with each other

Lucas created a butch of plot holes in his own prequels that contradicted with the OT what are you talking about?
>>
>>64047900
Wait next year. Roland Emmerich is blowing up the galaxy.
>>
>>64050822
He shall deliver us to good, plain fun spacey action movies once more!
In Roland we Trust!
>>
stargate already destroyed suns lmao
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.