[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force awakens lacks the sense of vastness other star war movies have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: share_1200x627.jpg (231 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
share_1200x627.jpg
231 KB, 1200x627
Force awakens lacks the sense of vastness other star war movies have
>>
File: J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg (531 KB, 1878x2345) Image search: [Google]
J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
531 KB, 1878x2345
J j abrams focuses on practical effects over cgi with the above result
>>
ANH didn't feel vast either, they're gonna start out small then expand the universe, that's how you do worldbuilding
>>
File: 137307306754.jpg (220 KB, 1009x1057) Image search: [Google]
137307306754.jpg
220 KB, 1009x1057
>Rey is doing advanced maneuvers and tricks in the Millenium Falcon 4 seconds after picking up the controls for the first time
>gives Han tips and knows a fix for the Falcon Han doesn't
>>
>>64047924
>tried Jedi mind control just for the keks
>it works the 3rd time by staring down the stormtrooper intensely
>>
>"That ship is a piece of shit it hasn't flown in years!"
>handles perfectly well and can support humans in the vacuum of space without explosive decompression
IT'S JUST FANTASY!
>>
thanks for rehashing basically every thread on this board right now
>>
>>64047526
The space fights were pretty cool even though none of them really happened out in space and more towards the planets.
>>
I thought the same. Maybe its the mostly practical sets and costumes, but the whole thing felt like a long episode of a tv series rather than the space opera it's supposed to be.
>>
My biggest problem with the movie was the lack of identity compared to the other ones.

Each stars wars movie before it was memorable in some way and did something different (sometimes good, sometimes bad). TFA suffers from trying so hard to be episode 4.

I liked the new characters, but I hated the overabundance of nods to the older movies.

>3PO
>r2d2
>millennium falcon
>bar scene
>desert planet that looks and feels exactly like tatooine but isn't
>rebel pilot helmet
>bar scene
>destroyed Imperial walker
>trench run
>another death star
There are more, these are just off the top of my head. A couple of nods here and there would have been fine, but JJ shoved too many references down my throat that it sort of took away from the movie and made me want to rewatch ep4.

Ep 7 wasn't terrible, it wasn't great either. Aside from like 2 pretty cool scenea, there was nothing really memorable about it that the older movies hadn't shown me already.
>>
The only good thing about this movie is that I finally like the lightsaber fights. They're still not great, but I feel they're a good balance between the slow, clumsy duels of the OT and the show-offy, over-choreographed spectacle of the PT.
>>
>>64049283
I thought the lightsaber duels were one of the best things about the prequels. Especially the duel against Darth Maul at the end of Episode I.

I also don't buy into the whole show-offy thing. In the prequels they were fully trained Jedi, trained from early childhood. Therefore it makes sense, that at such a high level, sword fighting would become much more strategic. Like a game of chess.

Aiming for a seemingly unobvious spot initially and forcing your opponent to block it, may in turn open them up later on, thus allowing you to land a killing blow. It's just more sophisticated if anything.
>>
File: it's time to stop posting.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
it's time to stop posting.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>at least the prequels-
>>
>>64047526

That's because you were tiny when you saw the other movies, now you're a big boy and everything seems smaller to you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.