[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>its really creative >great use of cgi >worldbuilding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: lkl1ydf.jpg (360 KB, 1024x1517) Image search: [Google]
lkl1ydf.jpg
360 KB, 1024x1517
>its really creative
>great use of cgi
>worldbuilding
>the artistic vision is there
>not a soulless cash grab
>creative, fun action

Am I talking about the Star Wars prequels, or Jupiter Ascending?
>>
They were both soulless cgi shitfests desu
>>
File: redmayne3.jpg (47 KB, 480x299) Image search: [Google]
redmayne3.jpg
47 KB, 480x299
U BEGGED ME TODOIT
>>
Honestly Jupiter Ascending was more fun overall, at least we got Redmayne chewing scenery. We didn't get dat Williams score though.
>>
reddit detected
>>
>>64042991
>They were both soulless cgi shitfests desu

But JA wasn't at all soulless and in fact used a considerable amount of practical effects and location work. All of the splices and synths were makeup, most of the locations were either physical sets or on-location work, I think there may have even been a few actual matte paintings in there as well as CG mattes, something that's practically a lost art.

>>>64043030
>We didn't get dat Williams score though.

Giacchino's score was quite good. And he composed it in an interesting way. Most films are edited to a temp score of pre-existing music while the composer creates the final score to that workprint, but on JA he composed 80 minutes of music to the script and concept art and that was used as the temp score, allowing him to build off his own work.
>>
>>64043969
the dragons/gargoyles were splices/synths and CGI.
>>
Good point. The prequel apologetics apply to JA. The difference is no one defends JA because they didn't see it when they were kids and it doesn't have a full franchise behind it.

Though, give it a few more years and we'll have people defending JA.
>>
>>64043030
Redmayne was godawful in this movie, I can't believe he won an Oscar in the same year.
>>
>>64042941
Better than TFA

And so was John Carter
>>
>>64042941
The creativity and artistic vision is absolutely there OP. I felt it too
Problem is that everything besides a few action sequences is so bad that there's no redemption for the film. It can't be better than a 2.5/5 in the long run
>>
>>64044117
Defend watchmen next.
>>
>>64042941
Yeah but the plot/dialogue feels like it came from the mind of a 13-year-old girl fursona.
>>
>>64042941
Prequels.

>>64042991
And 7 does not, right? And we forget about that Dreamworks alien that has Luke's sword.

Fuck off, hypocritical faggot.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.