[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The new Star Wars sucks, it was just a rehash of New Hope,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 13
>The new Star Wars sucks, it was just a rehash of New Hope, it brought literally nothing new that we haven't seen before!!!
>Kylo Ren is a shitty villain, he's just an angsty kid, not a cool badass like Darth Vader or Darth Maul!!!

These two sentences are being spoken by the same people. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I literally cannot understand why so many people here hate TFA and praise the prequels. Maybe its nostalgia and/or being contrarian but I dont give a fuck anymore. At least that way I can find peace
>>
>>64043157
It's people being contrarian retards because they either want attention, or don't want to like anything that reddit likes.
>>
>>64043157

They're trolling
>>
>>64043214
>>64043239
lotsa normies love Darth Maul and dislike Kylo Ren
they also didn't like the fact that Luke was almost non-existant in TFA
>>
>>64043344
That's a problem with expectations. Luke wasn't on the poster, he wasn't in the trailers - except for half a second and recycled dialogue from RotJ - and he wasn't on any of the merchandise. And it was made pretty clear in the opening crawl that the film is about finding him.
>>
the prequels are not great movies

BUT

they have the Star Wars feeling and built on what we knew already

TFA did not feel like a SW film for the majority of the film and it was a rehash of old ideas with some shitty new unnecessary characters
>>
File: 1448837235422.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1448837235422.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>>64043431
You're actually saying that the Prequels felt more like Star Wars than TFA? You're joking, right? Nobody can actually think that. It's not possible.
>>
>>64043431
except that it's exactly the opposite
>>
>>64043403
To be fair, he was deeply involved in the marketing, went everywhere with Carrie Fisher and Harrisson Ford.
>>
>>64043461
yes they did. I cannot understand how the bland shit, all shot in a different style from the other 6 with a rehash story had ANY Star Wars feel to it except for some Han stuff
>>
>>64043461
You're actually saying saying TFA felt more like Star Wars because it's ANH remake with more diversity?
>>
>>64043431
>TFA did not feel like a SW film for the majority of the film
What the fuck are you talking about? If it did one thing right, it made it feel like a SW movie
>>
>>64043473
absolutely not

the shooting style is totally different
the editing
all of it not the SW hose style at all
I've seen FAR better cut scenes in games utilising the SW style than this generic space film
>>
>>64043535
i said absolutely FUCK ALL about diversity
That has nothing to do with the shooting style
>>
>>64043403
He's the second name on the poster, though, and the second in the credits, too. It's not unreasonable to expect him to at least have a line of dialogue in the movie.
>>
>>64043538
no
it copied certain memes and the story of SW but it had ZERO SW feel to it
none
it was vastly different from the first 6
it just looks superficially like SW
>>
>>64043535

>muh diversity when no one brings it up

Dinner is ready.
>>
ANH/TESB - 9/10
RotJ - 8/10
TFA - 7/10
RotS - 6/10
TPM - 5/10
AotC - 4/10
>>
>>64043607
>>64043548
>>64043525
>>64043431
>ZERO SW feel to it

is this some new meme?
>>
>>64042492
Contrarians, OP. What else did you expect?
>>
>>64043431
you are fighting with children who were never around during the originals

they only saw parts of a new hope

thus TFA is this new amazing thing to them, just dont bother bro
>>
>>64043575
>>64043622
hi tumblr
>>
>>64043431
This is true.
>>
>>64043548
>the shooting style is totally different
>the editing
The editing is literally the exact fucking same, they even used the same old-style transitions and screen wipes as the original
>>
>>64042492
Those sentences don't contradict one another. What's your damage, Op?
>>
>>64043461
>>64043473
>>64043535
Here's the test I've devised.

Try and think of Jaakku.

Ok, now tell me what Jaakku is?

Ok, now try and think of what other planets there were in the film.

Think of that planet with Maz. What was the name of that planet?

What do you know about it?

What planet did the first order blow up? No, it's not Coruscant.

What can you tell me about it?

What planet were the rebels on?

Ok, what can you say about this planet? Why were they there?

Now tell me about the resistance. What does it comprise? Who backs it up?

Give me 2 new pieces of tech that are cool in any way (2 because you'll say either kylo ren's lightsaber or the baton of the TRAITOR trooper).

Now give me 1 non-main character who's backstory you're interested in reading a book about (because if he/she is not interesting to sit down and READ about, it fails the test).

And last, but certainly not least - tell me how much time you spent on wookiepedia looking for side/small characters from TFA?

Go through this entire test and you will realize why TFA is not proper Star Wars.
>>
>>64043690
They used like two, and it was fucking distracting as hell that they didn't use them more consistently.
>>
>>64043690
Nope.
a half assed attempt at some of the superficial visual elements of SW just like the rest of the film
the whole thing is like someone who only saw the first 6 films once or twice and had no further investment in the SW Universe trying to make a "cool" SW film which is also a hybrid of Hunger Games or other YA crap
>>
>>64043690
>the editing is the same
A couple of wipes does not make it the same editing. It was much, much faster with many, many more cuts.
>>
>>64043831
>>64043854
Fuck, looks like we samefagged that but we fucking didn't.
>>
>>64043766
HAHA! This is incredible
Thank you - you've highlighted ALL the problems I was struggling to express
>>
File: 1442860007154.jpg (13 KB, 242x255) Image search: [Google]
1442860007154.jpg
13 KB, 242x255
He is literally Vader if Vader was a faggot. The films is beat for beat a remake of ANH with a few details changed for the worse.
>>
>>64043654
ello roddeent
>>
>>64043461

I didnt feel Star Wars in TFA at all
>>
>muh star wars feel
>>
>>64043874
it's because it's true, m8, the visual style is NOT the same no matter what they are saying
>>
>>64043766
This sums it up in a pretty autistic way. Everything in tfa feels so sterile, like it only exists for the purpose of the movie. Planets and stuff in all the other movies felt more alive.
>>
>>64043766
Ask the same questions about a new hope
>>
Chanarchists and shitkids will use whatever excuse and mental gymnastics necessary to justify their thinly veiled racism, sexism, and irrational hatred of the new Star Wars movie. Chanspergs are thankfully a dying breed however and no one will miss them and their outdated beliefs.
>>
>>64043978
this reads like an illiterate child having a tantrum
>>
>>64042492
I dont know i dont try to understand them. I liked the TFA alot despite its flaws and i hated the prequels. I guess that makes me reddit here though.
>>
>>64042492
Well look where you are. this is 4chan. people here praise movies nobody gives a fuck about and hate popular well like movies and anything reddit likes.
>>
>>64043978
is this by Kylo Ren?
are you fucking up your bedroom with a toy lightsaber now?
>>
>>64042492
>Kylo Ren is a shitty villain, he's just an angsty kid, not a cool badass like Darth Vader or Darth Maul!!!
He was a great villain for 70% of the movie. It's right when he took his mask off and kept it off that he lost his threatening aura for good
>>
>>64043974
Tattooine is a desert planet that's home to lots of different species who survive any way they can. There's jawas that salvage stuff, sand people who are nomads and shit and there's all sorts of scummy smugglers and thieves who survive in lawless cities governed by hutts. I can go on for some time, but I'll stop here.

Besides Tattooine, in ANH there's Alderaan, which gets blown up. We never see it, but we still learn it's a largely peaceful planet that is sorta not very empire-friendly and is prosperous and shit. Probably the place the rebellion originated.

The rebels were on Yavin IV. They chose it because it was hidden and the jungles and temples are a great place for a base.

The rebellion is a sorta underground movement against the empire. It's backed by almost all alien races and those who can mobilize forces like the mon calamari are among its main force.

>new tech

X-wings, TIE-fighters, darth vaders TIE-fighter, the millenium falcon, star destroyes, corellian corvettes, Y-wings, even fucking sand crawlers. Do you really want an answer to this question?

And I spent hundreds of hours on wookiepedia reading who all the dudes from the cantina scene are.
>>
>>64042492
It served it's purpose. Entertained me, like a good jew history. So eat shit and die.
>>
>>64043766

This is some seriously autistic shit

The only reason you know the names of the OT planets is because of how iconic the series is.
>>
>>64043157
The prequels were absolutely despised on here until TFA came out. When people actually liked it and it was received well, the contrarians came out in their droves and did a spectacular u-turn.

Ignore them.
>>
>>64043766
Literally the same answers as in A New Hope. Which is both good and bad.
>>
>>64044175
I knew them after the movie. What I didn't know I researched after the movie because it looked so interesting and exciting.

It's been a week since I watched TFA.

I have been playing Empire at War. Haven't even opened up wookipedia to check anything.
>>
>>64044217
Try and answer it bro.

I've already answered about ANH: >>64044146
>>
>>64044217
Uuh yeah but that's not even close to true
>>
File: 1450910815454.jpg (299 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450910815454.jpg
299 KB, 688x1000
>>64043157
Even the shittiest prequel at least had based Neeson, an extremely well cast Kenobi, a long and awesome final fight for its time with an actually powerful enemy who doesn't get beaten by someone who never used a sword or knows what the force even is, a cute princess.

TFA is just a nostalgia cash grab. So it's funny you talk about nostalgia. All it has going for it are the old actors which are great. Also the robots and old aliens and other shit. This is the only thing.

Seeing how this mediocre movie has a 9 on IMDB, I probably shouldn't take anyone seriously anymore anyway. Everyone on this planet is a hypocritical piece of shit.
>>
>>64044217
>>64044175
>>64043974
TFA shills on suicide watch
>>
nobody is saying the prequels are great films
people are saying they have more feel and authenticity than this crass, cynical simulation of a SW film
C3P0 has a red arm. WHY?
TO SELL A DIFFERENT FUCKING C3P0 TOY
Who is Captain Phasma and why the chrome armor?
TO SELL A DIFFERENT FUCKING STORMTROOPER TOY
Disney have Force Fucked the franchise in the Sarlacc Hole by cynically exploiting nostalgia for the old films and mostly creating new characters to sell new toys rather than genuine plot reasons and creativity
>>
>>64043766
>MUH WORLDBUILDING
>>
>>64043157
TFA is a lot more like the prequels than the originals.
>>
>Lucas doesnt even show Alderaan due to laziness

>JJ films a scene to show the terror felt in the new capital as the get incenerated
>>
File: alderaanshotfirst.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
alderaanshotfirst.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>64044531
>>
>>64044610
he even reused earth
>>
>>64044465
>MUH NEW CHARACTERS
>>
>>64044610
kek
>>
The only reason I didn't like TFA was because it felt like borderline fan service. It felt like JJ was trying to simply appeal to fans with old star wars cliches rather than making something new like the prequels or much less shitty EU.

When I was watching it in the theaters, TFA was more reminding me of IV than leaving it's own impact on me.

Still not as bad as a movie a lot of people on here are making it out to be.
>>
>>64044018
>>64044114
Chanarchists detected. Grow up and stop being racist fucks before its too late.
>>
File: 1443535707155.gif (443 KB, 464x281) Image search: [Google]
1443535707155.gif
443 KB, 464x281
>>64043766
>BUT WHAT DO THEY EAT?!
>>
>>64044465
But Star Wars is 90% worldbuilding, 10% movie
>>
>>64044852
Nice....argument?
>>
>>64043766
The planet is called Croissant you dumbass. Also stop using the double newlines already.
>>
>>64044861
For you
>>
>>64044968
Which planet
>>
>>64044836
now I know you are a spoiled child or an ignoramus
there hasn't been a single racist comment from anyone in this thread that I've seen
talking in your childlike patois and calling people racists is proof that you have absolutely nothing to bring to this conversation beyond attempting to demonise anyone with a different, and well reasoned opinion
all you have left are slurs that a child should be embarrassed about making
I think Finn was the best new character in the film, not that you are interested in the truth
>>
>>64044861
for faggy twats like you, even the original creators of Star Wars didn't like how much the autists ran with it
>>
>>64045008
>>64045032
Then if Star Wars is just a series of movies, how come it's fucking huge after bringing out 3 absolutely horrible movies in a row?
>>
>>64045080
because the autists made it into something else
and because many people liked even the "absolutely horrible movies"
>>
>>64045135
>because the autists made it into something else

So what you're saying is that it, indeed, is something else?
>>
>>64044217
Come on - what are the answers?
>>
>>64045150
for the autists who repeat it often enough so that it gets to the mainstream
>>
>>64045265
I don't understand what you're saying - is Star Wars just a series of movies or is it a universe, based on all sorts of stuff like vidya, books, toys, lego, other media on the side, even these discussions on forums?

Why are you trying to spin?
>>
>>64044531
this was one of the few moments of actual merit in the entirety of TFA
>>
File: GkiPoC2.jpg (150 KB, 1200x499) Image search: [Google]
GkiPoC2.jpg
150 KB, 1200x499
>>64043766
>What is Jakku
A one sun world in the unknown portions at the edge of the Mid Rim
>Other planets
You probably didn't know until after the film that Yavin 4 was the Death Star location, but I'll fucking play along. There was the resistance stronghold D'Qar, and Maz's forest planet (this one I had to look up, I'll give you that) Takodana.
>Resistance planets blown up.
Coruscant is now an independent world similar to Naruto Shadda, though not as seedy.
They were 4 planets, Hosinan or something was the main one where the Senate was.
>Why were the Rebels on D'Qar
Why were they on Dantooine? Why were they on Hoth? Same goddamn reason, small planet on the outer rim.
>Resistance?
It is stated in the opening crawl that the New Republic didn't take the First Order seriously enough, so they sponsored the Resistance. The galaxy is really fractured, which makes more sense in most sci-fi because an Empire/Republic/Commonwealth is really hard to manage across the expanse of the galaxy.

What do you mean "who"? I could ask the same about the OT.

>2 new tech
2 seater TIE fighter and PORTIONS. The latter was much better done than milk with blue food coloring.

>1 non main character
Is Poe a main character? I'd like to know his background. And Hux. And clarification on Maz's past, like how the fuck she got Luke's lightsaber off Bespin.

I didn't really investigate Wookieepedia because a lot of their new articles are poorly constructed due to the way the site is managed now and the movie being out only a week.
>>
>>64045379
>Naruto Shadda
Fuck.

>Nar Shadda
>>
>>64044388
>>
File: 1423085123307.jpg (58 KB, 454x454) Image search: [Google]
1423085123307.jpg
58 KB, 454x454
>a shitty movie with a shitty villain cannot mutually exist
Only /tv/ is this stupid.
>>
>>64043431
>A rehash not feeling like the source material
>>
>>64045488
Yep, jewjew managed the impossible
>>
>>64043157
Easy. Because they've been saying why.

Prequels were great world building.

TFA is shallow.
>>
>>64042492
Kylo is not shitty because he's an angsty kid (or, he's shitty in-universe)

He's shitty because he angsts over supposed morality conflicts which the movie never really shows. He didn't do any good deeds to show there was good in him trying to get out. So it feels like he's whining over nothing.
>>
>>64045546
But dude quirky alien bar lmao
>>
>>64042492
the fact he's an "angry angst" kid makes it refreshing. I'm excited to see him train with Snoke and become a full blown Sith. the facts he's just some normal dude makes it cool.
>>
>>64045379
>A one sun world in the unknown portions at the edge of the Mid Rim

You got some mad wookiepedia skills bro

>You probably didn't know until after the film that Yavin 4 was the Death Star location

I knew it was Yavin and only from the few shots of them landing and taking off it was obvious that it's a jungle-like planet with the temples and shit, a perfect place for a secret base.

>Coruscant is now an independent world similar to Naruto Shadda, though not as seedy.
They were 4 planets, Hosinan or something was the main one where the Senate was.

That's impressive, that you actually know "hosnian or something". It's actually Hosnian prime.

>It is stated in the opening crawl that the New Republic didn't take the First Order seriously enough, so they sponsored the Resistance. The galaxy is really fractured, which makes more sense in most sci-fi because an Empire/Republic/Commonwealth is really hard to manage across the expanse of the galaxy.

So basically all the info comes from the text at the start?

>What do you mean "who"? I could ask the same about the OT.

And I have an answer for the "same" - in the OT it's backed up by the aliens, who are being oppressed by the empire and alderaan.

>2 seater TIE fighter and PORTIONS

Are you genuinely saying introducing an extra seat on an already existing tech and a type of "food" is cool tech?

Seriously?

>And Hux

Who the fuck is Hux?

I obviously thought of Poe when I wrote that. I think of him as a main character, I guess.
>>
>>64044190
Or maybe they started coming out because TFA is out. Different people like different things, you know?
>>
Kylo Ren would have been a much better villain if he wasn't constantly taking his fucking mask off. What is up with that? They make a big deal about a fucking storm trooper taking his off, yet this whiny shit is taking it off every 5 minutes. Such crap.
>>
File: 1392810888310.jpg (280 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1392810888310.jpg
280 KB, 700x525
>>64042492
>not a cool badass like Darth Vader or Darth Maul!!!
Could it be because they are using those two as example?
Kylo is a shitty villain no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>64044388
Movies are more about fitting in these days than actual merit. That's the post Internet world we live in.
>>
>These two sentences are being spoken by the same people
citation needed
>>
>>64045605
Maul had no character but he is better than Kylo who is a failed attempt to have a villain with character. At least with Maul what you see is what you get, he's just there to be fought. They tried, but Kylo didn't deliver on the depth part.

Of course Vader is best and Dooku was wasted potential, wish George had thought of him for TPM.
>>
i hate the name kylo for some reason. reminds me of that nigger show from canada with the stupid kid
>>
>>64045681
>Dooku was wasted potential
The cynical part of me says he was axed because kids didn't wanna buy toys of an old man, so they replaced him with a totally awesome radical robot who has four arms and four lightsabers.
>>
>>64045605
He's literally just a 14 year old edge lord who goes on /b/

That's Kylo
>>
>>64042492
>dat hasselblad
>>
>>64043157
They were both shit. Utter shit. And this latest one had some of the worst dialogue in the series.
>>
>>64045583
No, I pay attention to what I watch. They fucking plainly show where in the galaxy Jakku and Luke's planet are on BB8's map. They even made an obvious show of where the piece fit in. I also read the book, thus the planet knowledge.
>Yavin
I meant the name of the fucking planet. If you couldn't keep up with the 3 planets plus the Star Killer there isn't much hope
>Hosinin Prime
What are you trying to say? Don't really understand the point you're making. I was able to gather from the movie (and more so with the book) that Coruscant wasn't the location, and that the galaxy is fractured and the Republic is based somewhere else. Obviously you did too
>Who is General Hux
Seriously?
So your issue is that you can't pay attention
>Food tech
Very relevant to science fiction. It wasn't in the old movies. I liked it, you asked for a fucking personal opinion. I like seeing in a fictional world how they do day to day activities different.

There was other interesting tech. I liked Rey's land speeder and the variety of blasters, which managed to look different.

What "new" gadgets were in Empire that weren't in ANH? What memorable new things were in the Prequels besides droids and ships?

>Info dump at start.
Guess you hate Fellowship of the Ring for providing 10 minutes of background that took up thousands of pages normally.
>>
>>64045904
>>64045681
If Lucas had thought of Dooku for Episode I he could have been the third guy in a Jedi council triumvirate with Yoda and Windu. Then it would be a tweest in Episode II to see he was behind the Separatists.

Grievous was just filler though the 2D Clone Wars show made him cool,
>>
File: 1445805169550.jpg (25 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
1445805169550.jpg
25 KB, 526x394
>>64046081
>I also read the book
entire
opinion
discarded
>>
>>64042492
actually kylo is one of the better parts of this movie
>>
>>64046081
>I also read the book

Goodbye
>>
>>64046215
He's the worst part.
>>
>>64046246
I disagree
>>
>>64043766
Bravo, anon. And I'm not being ironic.
>>
>>64043766

fuck, it's the whole problem

also JJ probably told John Williams to can it and that's why we got a shitty run of the mill action-adventure score
>>
>>64043157
Contrarianism. Now that the prequels aren't the latest series of star wars films they've become "cool" and "underrated"
>>
>>64042492
>wah wah no criticism allowed!
/v/edditors, PUH-LEASE.
>>
>>64043239

I'm not trolling. The prequels were all right. They had lots of redeeming qualities. An objective view would rank them below ep. 4 and 5 and on par with ep. 6. Actually ep. 3 was definitely better than ep. 6. Jar Jar was fucking stupid but then so were the Ewoks (at least they were cute).

TFA tried to remake ep. 4, but instead of making improvements the film was worse in almost every meaningful respect and inherently lacked any originality. They sacrificed substance and story-telling for political correctness and social justice. They created a hideous protagonist (Ray). I guess no one was in class when Joseph Campbell gave the lecture about the hero being a human character and not a super-human one.

TFA is a

GLIB FACSIMILE

You people are fucking blind. This is just Phantom Menace all over again: fanboys going crazy over a movie that was average to mediocre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
>>
>>64045379
>Jakku
I dont understand how it could be an unknown planet when they have the wrecks of atleast 2 star destroyers in the planet surface. What made it so important there was most likely a major battle fought there
>>
>>64042492

Episode 7 is mostly a rehash, except for a few changes, which are shitty

This is pretty simple to understand, are you a retard?
>>
>>64042492
>These two sentences are being spoken by the same people

>knowing who's speaking
>on an anonymous forum
>>
>>64043766
since theres only one movie out its only fair to compare it to Phantom Menace

what did TPM have?

Tatooine AGAIN (no criticism here hmmm)
Naboo aka the blandest place in the galaxy
Coruscant but it looked like trash in the first movie

im not saying TFA had god tier locations but TPM didnt have them either

and wow great world building: Midi-chlorians, le double light saber, every sith is called Darth rehash oh woww
>>
>>64047214
>Naboo aka the blandest place in the galaxy
what is ireland planet, generic not-yavin planet and le green ebin bar temple planet
>>
>>64047214

Perhaps you don't remember The Phantom Menace very well. That's not necessarily your fault. Watch the movie again and you'll see there's a hell of a lot more going on.

Take the podracing. Now perhaps you thought the whole affair was silly. But it was entertaining and action packed and completely different from anything in Star Wars previously.
You mention light sabres but you omitted the excellent choreography that went into the duelling scenes, light years ahead of what was done in the original trilogy. TFA hardly improved on this at all.
I'm not sure how Naboo could be considered bland. The architecture was certainly new for Star Wars. Many of the space ships were also new.
>>
>>64047214

More expansion on Tatooine, also it ties the Skywalker lineage together. Jakku is literally worse as its just some random made up planet that mirrors Tatooine but is Not-Tatooine for whatever fucking reason.

Naboo is comfy as fuck and a prime baby making location.

Coruscant is one of the coolest planets they've come up with.

TFA didn't have """"any"""" locations.

Takes two Jedi to handle Darth "Swag Attack" Maul, instead of babby Anakin channeling his inner Mary Sue to wreck him
>>
>>64047635
>Mary Sue

Ok, theory time. You heard it here first, folks: Ray only managed to fight Kylo, manipulate the guard and force-pull the lightsabre because Luke was secretly channelling his force through her to help her survive. He uses his based force powers to see all the events unfolding and makes sure nothing bad happens.
But in ep. VIII he will be killed and Ray will have to fend for herself.

Ah, J.J. you are so predictable.
>mfw this actually is the ep. VIII plot
>>
>>64047332
>>64047545
>>64047635

after rethinking what i wrote i gotta give you guys that, Naboo is indeed better than Yavin 5 and the Maz Kanata planet

also expanding on Tatooine is a better choice than making Jakku. I would prefered it if everything stayed the same and they just called it Tatooine. Would give the planet even more character with all the wrekt shit lying around after some wars. Also it really looks like a Tatooine clone(it even has all the moisture farm shit on it).

i still dislike the double saber, midi-chlorians and the lore fuckery tho
>>
>>64047635
not arguing anything, just pointing out that Lucas stole Coruscant from the EU. one of his better decisions of course.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-22-21-55-25.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-22-21-55-25.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>64043157
they hate it because it's successful.
this is /tv/
>for you
>>
>>64047788

I want a very good explanation for everything in VIII

also a new antagonist other than the Not-Emperor and Not-Empire

>>64047859

It's like they tried to get us nostalgic about all the shit they shouldn't have, then blatantly snubbed all of the shit that would have made some sense

a scavenger on Tatooine, that's a parallel we can all relate to

what the fuck is a Jakku?
>>
>>64046936
Lmao no we fanboys fucking hated the prequels. It wasn't until you little shits started growing up and assumed you had a relevant opinion about star wars that anyone's perception about the movie changed.
>>
>>64043157
IT'S BECAUSE THESE BITCHES HAVEN'T SEEN THIS VIDEO SERIES.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y
>>
>>64044388
>Seeing how this mediocre movie has a 9 on IMDB,

go check the top reviews and they're all negative

they're adding fake reviews
>>
>>64043431
>they have the Star Wars feeling
Please elaborate on this feeling.
>>
>>64045904
>they replaced him with a totally awesome radical robot who has four arms and four lightsabers.
Which did nothing but fleeing like a bitch and lasted 5 minutes against obi wan.
>>
Is it just me or did no one seem to care a tremendous amount of 3 planets exploding?
>>
>>64047020
D'Qar, not Jakku
>>
>>64043157
>>64043214

I cannot believe there are people who legitimately believe TFA is a great movie, not even good, but great. This is just the "honeymoon" phase.
>>
>>64043652
yes along with mary sue & prequel praising
>>
>>64048745
No, TFA not feeling like SW and rey being a mary sue is just what anybody can notice, the prequel praising is a meme though.
>>
>>64048584

>>64045379
>What is Jakku
>A one sun world in the unknown portions at the edge of the Mid Rim
>>
>>64043157
It's just a meme. That's all /tv/ is now
>>
>>64048137

You miss my point. Didn't you see the youtube video I embedded?

the consensus over ep.1 may well have been that it was shit, BUT at first, when it was released, people actually liked it. It's exactly the same with TFA.

Just wait a few weeks or even a month or two. People will have come to terms with the fact that this new Star Wars is just as mediocre as ep.1, albeit in its own way. I am absolutely convinced its reputation will only go downhill from here, and will be regarded with as much disdain as the prequels were.
>>
>>64043637
TESB - 8/10
ANH - 7/10
RotJ - 6/10
TFA - 4.5/10
RotS - 3/10
TPM - 2/10
AotC - 0.5
>>
>>64043157
Basically, the prequels told a story of a different time in the SW universe where Jedis were still a thing and no apparent dark side in sight, people were comfortable and whatnot until SHEEV made a move. Preuqels feel somewhat insignificant because we know how the events over there turn out in the end
>how Anakin fucks up at being a good guy
>how Empire gets control of everything

Still, the prequels manage to support the events that happen in the OT by explaining
>why being a Jedi is a big thing
>what happens when a Jedi turns bad
>what a massive faggot SHEEV is.

What TFA did however is far more idiotic - it had all this backstory to improve on and what it did was it made all the events in the all-worhipped OT totally meaningless. No, the OT made things WORSE in the overall SW universe after TFA
>Skywalker family getting more autistic as time goes on as demonstrated by Kylo Ren
>Luke can't teach a Jedi for shit by getting cucked by a new hologram dark lord
>upgraded Death Star 2.0 sucks stars empty and shoots down multiple planets at once as opposed to the old version that only managed to take down only one planet with one shot

Meanwhile
>Rebels are still some underground guerilla movement just under a different name
>Empire still thrives
>people still need to rely on some kid living in a desert

TFA brought nothing but misery to the SW universe. There was no explanation on why things were still shit. The only explanation we got was that Luke was a failure in the end - a dumb farmboy in the OT and a failure of a teacher in TFA.

And fuck you for saying we need to wait for other movies. First part of a 3-part series always has to explain on what the fuck is going on, which is especially important when there are 6 fucking movies before there. There was no clear reason presented on why the Empire was just as strong as before and why the Resistance scum were shit at fighting Empire and how they knew about SNOKE.
>>
>>64047214
>since theres only one movie out its only fair to compare it to Phantom Menace

But why?

Why not compare it to ANH? The movie it was based on? With Tattooine, Alderaan, Yavin?

Why not compare it to Empire? With fucking Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin?

Why not compare it to ROTJ? Where Endor, criticism or not, is so iconic, that you still say ENDOR instead of the forest moon of Endor?

But if we're comparing it to TPM - even if TFA edges it out slightly, what you're saying is that TFA edges TPM out slightly. Think on that.
>>
>>64049820
This is hilarious, absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>64049820
well said m8
>>
>>64049820
Fucking this.

Shouldn't the Rebels be in an all-out war against the remnants of the Empire now, or at least struggle with them on something other than a guerrilla campaign level.

The super deathstar-cannon was fucking retarded as well, the thing I would fucking erase from the movie if it were possible.
>>
>>64051902
>>64049820
Also, the Empire is supposed to be in chaos after the chain of command was broken when Sheev and Vader was kill.

You'd think the rebels would have been able to be separatists now and re-form the republic.

You'd think that they would have tabs on the Empires remnants and not allow them to build an even bigger super weapon in the Death Star 3.0 They would've noticed it because a project that big would require massive resources and manpower.
Where did the First Order even get the required funds to build that shit.
>>
>>64042492
The difference between those is that you can be a badass threatening villain without being Darth Maul or Vader.
Maul and Vader are just used as examples of threatening villains.
>>
>>64051902
>>64053269
It's possible there's going to be an asspull of Snoke being behind EVERYTHING. Like the "Plagueis is Snoke" idea, that perhaps he let Sheev kill him but he resurrected himelf or some shit and then continued on influencing Sheev behind the curtains all the way from the prequels to rotj. After the death of Sheev, Plagueis quickly used his dark powers to fortify his position and with direct control become even more powerful and influential.
It took Sheev years and years of manipulating and playing chess to build that Empire. Granted, there were no Jedis after the prequels but most likely Snoke had to come directly after Sheev and take control before everything would turn to chaos in the Empire.

Which is still retarded because again, the happenings of OT made his position stronger, making Luke's and Rebel struggles still secondary and with little meaning because the Emperor was not the right guy.

I just can't see any way of redeeming the OT after TFA. Everything seems to make the events of OT so goddamn stupid. At best we get Rey being some super person that Luke trained/cloned/seeded, which still makes the OT being some kind of spring board to the "real" heroine that kills the "real" dark lord.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.