[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see Star Wars TFA thinking it's a sequel >it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
>see Star Wars TFA thinking it's a sequel
>it's a fucking reboot

Why is this allowed
>>
Saddest part is the only reason theyre being made is to make money.
Atleast George made decent movies
>>
File: korra.jpg (221 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
korra.jpg
221 KB, 500x500
>>64040819
>Why is this allowed
played it safe on the nostalgia to make sure it gets sequels
>>64040841
>Atleast George made decent movies
i hope you're not talking about the prequels
>>
>>64040917

Found the redditor!
>>
>>64040917
>le prequels were bad meme!

reddit pls go
>>
>>64040917
fuck off Reddit
>>
>>64040917
sup reddit-kun
>>
>>64040819

It's a soft reboot, they're starting up a cinematic universe but they're not retconning or decanonising any of the old movies

The EU is being disregarded like the trash it is
>>
File: images-7.jpg (26 KB, 465x316) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
26 KB, 465x316
>>64040973

>soft reboot
>prequels trash
>>
>>64040973
>disregarded
>ripping characters and super weapons right out of it
>>
>>64040973

REEEDDIT
>>
>>64040973
>soft reboot

I want to kill George Miller for starting this trend. Or the Jurassic World guy, whoever came up with it first.
>>
File: why.png (14 KB, 376x260) Image search: [Google]
why.png
14 KB, 376x260
>>64040933
>>64040941
>>64040963
>>64040971
jesus christ
>>
>>64040917
hello reddit
>>
>/tv/ has devolved so far into post-ironic meme culture that people are legitimately defending the prequels and think they have a valid case just because they want to try and find an angle to perpetuate the notion that TFA was bad
>>
>>64041474
back to reddit
>>
>>64041474
>/tv/ has devolved so far into post-ironic meme culture that people are legitimately defending TFA
There fix'ed.
>>
>>64041500

Hello Reddit
>>
Episode 1:
>Chosen Jedi grows up on a desert planet (Anakin)
>Meaningful Adult Figure dies at the end (Quigon Jinn)
>blows up Giant spherical space station

Episode 4:
>Chosen Jedi grows up on a desert planet (Luke)
>Meaningful Adult figure dies at the end (Obiwan)
>Blows up giant death planet just in time

Episode 7:
>Chosen Jedi grows up on a desert planet (Rey)
>Meaningful Adult figure dies at the end (Han Solo)
>Blow up giant death planet just in time

Why is this a negative in VII but not noted by you 'critics' in I
>>
>>64041535

TFA is a case study in mass hysteria. All star wars films are.

The only comparable book with as much fanboyism is harry potter and 50 shades of grey. The only music 1 direction, bieber, michael jackson, the beatles.

It's pop trash.
>>
>>64041474
I dislike the prequels and TFA
>>
Now that the reboot has been discovered there will be no more original franchises. Your whole life will be waiting on the next reboot
>>
>>64041591

>Episode 1
how the fuck is qui gon meaningful to anakin
what space station are you talking about
>>
File: dsasfdfdsfsd.jpg (499 KB, 1200x898) Image search: [Google]
dsasfdfdsfsd.jpg
499 KB, 1200x898
>>64040819
>>64040973
How is it a reboot under any definition when the same characters and actors are appearing from the old ones?
>>
>>64041634
>how the fuck is qui gon meaningful to anakin

Quigon literally buys anakin out of slavery. If it weren't for him, anakin would have never become a jedi

The space station at the end is the donut with a bite taken out and a donut hole filled in that anakin somehow pilots his ship into and blows up and says 'now THIS is podracing!'

The fact you can't remember these things only shows how shit the prequels are
>>
>>64041681
It's a soft reboot

Old actors became those old actors from OT

Luke is Ben now
>>
>>64041591
You know what they say, 1 is fine 2 is alright 3 is too much.
>>
>>64040819
>see Star Wars TFA thinking it has a strong female lead
>it's a fucking Mary Sue

My wife's black daughter needs strong role models
>>
>>64041681

it's rebooting the star wars franchise back into the public eye with a set of 6 movies slated for the next 6 years

It's not a reboot canon wise however it is introducing a new focus for the stories
>>
>>64041681
cause it follows the same story structure and elements...

you can insert characters into a structure and not change the structure, dude
>>
>>64041634
Just shows how forgettable these movies are if even a prequel-lover forget about these things
>>
>>64041713
>My wife's black daughter

I know you're memeing right now but let's stop and consider that some poor souls might actually be in this situation.
>>
>>64041789
theres literally nothing wrong with paying for another persons child shitlord
>>
>>64041691
>>64041749

>the donut thing

wasnt that the headquarter of that blockade thing? pretty sure it couldnt destroy planets n shit

>anakin

i cant remember him being affected by his death at all, the parallel was much stronger with obi wan. yes i know he bought him
>>
i came back to /tv/ to see people talk shit about star wars in general, not to see idiots who so desperately need to differentiate themselves from reddit that they defend shitty star wars movies. episode 1, 4 or 7, they're all garbage you fucking plebs.
>>
>>64041681

So in order for something not to qualify as a reboot you just have to cast some old actors? That's just retarded
>>
>>64041820
>implying black infants are children and not pets
>>
>>64041823
>pretty sure it couldnt destroy planets n shit
Lucas himself calls it the TPM equivalent of the death star. I think when he said that might even be when he made the infamous poetry quote

It's still the 'evil space station' even if it's just commanding robots and not able to blow up planets
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.