[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss me yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: jar jar.jpg (101 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
jar jar.jpg
101 KB, 600x488
Miss me yet?
>>
Fuck you
>>
love him or hate him, he was 100x more creative than anything in TFA
>>
>>64038511
Quality > Creativity.

After typing that I just had an euphoric moment of epiphany. It's so true.
>>
>>64038745
As someone who hasn't seen TFA, the general consensus that it's a remake of the first movie and almost follows the same formula beat for beat has almost killed all desire I had to see it.

Not shitposting or trying to start an argument. The main thing I was curious about was seeing all the new additions they'd be making to the Star Wars mythos. Doesn't sound like there's much there.
>>
Should have made him more like Chewie and less like a retarded nigger high on petrol fumes
>>
>>64038511
Dubs confirm missed opportunity with Darth Jar Jar.
>>
>>64038818

It's ridiculous how many homages there are, it reminded me so much of JJ Trek, the difference is in Star Trek it was acceptable as that was a reboot but this is a sequel
>>
>>64038818
>believes people who shitpost on /tv/
jesus christ I feel sorry for you, your confirmation bias has already ruined the movie for you. Don't bother watching, you won't enjoy it
>>
>>64038875
That's not an impression from /tv/, it was in multiple reviews and was even referenced multiple times in the Screen Junkies special.
>>
>>64038906
>muh e celebs
reddit pls go
>>
>>64038906
Words can't describe how much of a faggot you are.

You're missing out because of that. The film is great.
>>
>>64038357

Jar Jar had potential but completely missed the mark.

He should have been a wise cracking sarcastic personality type, not some buffoon slap stick comedy relief.
>>
He was a funnier character than we ever saw in a Star Wars movie. Hopefully people realize that he wasn't that bad
>>
>>64038357

Fuck no! He single handedly ruined Episode 1. Just like Anakin ruined the next too.
>>
>>64038946
>The film is great
I wish I had low standards so I could think like this
>>
>>64038875
The reviews both positive and negative say it's a rehash of ep 4, not just /tv/. Take your head out of the sand
>>
>>64038963

>funny

Maybe if you're a small child or mentally retarded.
>>
>>64038946
Just don't care to see a retread.
>>
>>64039008
The phantom menace was specifically made for children. That's why the kid was the one that blew up the droid control ship and saved the day. Jar jar being funny to kids fits in with that perfectly.
>>
>>64038946
It's a commercial blockbuster space movie that rehashes the original. You have trash manchild taste, retard. No one who's not stupid is "missing out because they aren't paying disney money for their latest bland product .
>>
>>64038357
Well I just finished TCW so no
>>
>>64039053
Do you know any kids who liked Jar Jar? I mean I was 9 when TPM came out and I didn't like him at all.

Jar Jar was in the CGI cartoon too. Even had his own episodes. Last I checked, I don't see his episodes being particularly well liked. Certainly not enough to have a Disney Infinity figure
>>
>>64038818
>almost follows the same formula beat for beat

This is the part where you've been memed on
There are superficial similarities like 'desert planet', 'death star gets blown up', 'mentor dies' but the characters are completely different to those of the OT, they react to the situations in different ways and the execution of those similar aspects are also completely different
>>
>>64038511
stop
>>
>>64038511
>If'n onlee yoosa be knowin' knowin'da powah of da Darka Side!
>>
File: 1450800070609.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450800070609.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
some folks is born made to wave da flag
ooh thesa re r,whita and blue
and whena da band playin hail toda chief ooh,
thesa point da cannon at yousa,lord
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.