[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate this one again? Watching it now and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: the_phantom_menace_poster.jpg (280 KB, 1031x1459) Image search: [Google]
the_phantom_menace_poster.jpg
280 KB, 1031x1459
Why does everyone hate this one again?

Watching it now and it's still pretty great.
>>
>out of nowhere /tv/ likes the prequels when TFA comes out
>the prequels are indisputably garbage
>redlettermedia's review of TFA comes out and a sticky thread is made on /tv/ over it
>redlettermedia is well known for their prequel reviews pointing out how shit they are

CONTRARIAN YOU ARE ALL CONTRARIAN HIPSTERS
>>
>>64037378
trade
federation
>>
>>64037378
I hate it because redlettermedia told me to
>>
>>64037471
>I watch Redditlettermedia

Seriously ?
>>
>>64037471
Based colocloclaw
>>
probably because its fucking horrible and focuses on a terrible child actor and a terrible CGI comic relief, at least the next two have limited comedy bullshit and Hayden doing vaguely ok

>>64037471

watch Trump become 4chan enemy #1 if he wins
>>
>>64037378

>Why does everyone hate this one again?

Because the story makes no sense, the character's aren't compelling, and while the designs and world building are fantastic the movie feels empty and hollow because we never knew what the primary conflict in the movie was and the "antagonist" Darth Maul was snuffed out after appearing in just two short scenes with a grand total of like 10 words of dialogue.

That pod race is fucking great tho.
>>
File: 1450082135739.jpg (38 KB, 297x288) Image search: [Google]
1450082135739.jpg
38 KB, 297x288
>>64037378

Here's your reply. Now go fuck yourself.
>>
ITT: reddit believes Guardians of the Galaxy: The Force Awakens Into Darkness is better than The Phatom Menace
>>
>>64037525
that's a given considering just how bad of a president he would be.
>>
It boggles the mind how people can believe the OT are masterpieces while simultaneously thinking the PT are among the worst films ever made. I believe the main reason the PT is so heavily scrutinized is because most fans were kids when they watched the OT, and had grown up by the time PT was released. All of the films are pretty mediocre, but nostalgia wont let people view the OT for what it really is, a collection of okay camp sci fi flicks. TFA is now popular because star wars very recently became normie tier, so everybody is pretending its the best film they have ever seen to fit in.
>>
The only bad part of it is JarJar ruining every scene he appears in with his slapstick

Neeson was pretty good and MacGregor's Obiwan is the best character in any Star Wars movie

Wish Disney would throw him a spin off to be honest, would rather see that than another shit rehash
>>
I'm glad this is happening, the RLM worship needs to go back to Reddit.
>>
>>64039248
>MacGregor's Obiwan is the best character in any Star Wars movie

But that's Sheev, m8
>>
>>64037378

It's the best prequel movie.

Felt the most like Star Wars.

It was still shit.

But at least it wasn't a video game like the next 2.
>>
>>64037471
non-word spammed by redditors, please tell me this is bait
>>
My normie ass girlfriend can even see how retarded the prequels get and cry during the OT. Fuck Lucas.
>>
>>64039473

Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64037378
Only Qui-Gon Jinn was good
>>
The film is unpolished.

All that trade federation talk is completely over my head like I'm watching CSPAN.

Jar Jar... I didn't care. I actually like his underwater city and of course, I'm now watching the prequels thinking that he might be a Sith lord.

The REALLY annoying character is Anakin. He's way too young here. And then he goes in that ship and takes out the droid army?? I bet children loved that shit though.

Darth Maul is in the film for like 5 minutes. What was the point of him?
>>
>>64037549
>Because the story makes no sense, the character's aren't compelling, and while the designs and world building are fantastic the movie feels empty and hollow because we never knew what the primary conflict in the movie was
You are literally describing TFA
>there's this thing called the new order now, never mind where it came from or what the fuck the point of their existance even is, they're just the bad guys OK? Have fun watching the hyper-generic Disney stock charachters Finn and Rey fight this newfound threat for two hours
>>
Serious question: Why did people hate Episode 3?
>>
>>64037378
Tatoiine sequence, pretty much. 45 minutes of irrelevant podracing, bad kid acting and nonsensical plot.

And then it's ended in a completely random fight with a bad guy who literally has 2 lines in the whole movie. First time Sith are encountered in thousands of years. Then its ignored and last fight happens.
>>
>>64039713

i liked episode 3 better than a new hope and empire strikes back
>>
>>64039713
>those love scenes
>the general grevious fight
>the yoda fight
>anakins descention boiled down to him cutting wind's hand off to save his gril, even though all that was happening was palatine was attacking himself
>>
>>64037471
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeello reddit!
>>
>>64039699
are you seriously this retarded? a child could understand the story of TFA. the New Order is established as the "bad guys" from the get-go by slaughtering innocent people.

you don't need to give them a backstory to understand what they're after. same with the empire in ANH. we accept they're the "bad guys" because they're shown doing "bad" things.
>>
>>64037378
>Watching it now and it's still pretty great.

Have you, like, never seen a movie before watching this?
>>
>>64037378

TPM is flawed, but good fun
>>
lel they're bad because they were written in like 3 months, george basically put zero effort in and thats why they're shit
>>
YOOSA IN BIG DOODOO THIS TIME
>>
>>64037505
> pretending to not have watched RLM just to be contrarian
Come on /tv/ you're just being pathetic now
>>
I went to see the OT when they were released, as I did TPM. I almost cried when I watched TPM it was so bad. I stopped caring about star wars, until now. There is a new hope! :-)

The prequels are absolutely trash, you must've been a small child if you actually liked them.
>>
>>64037471

newfag detected.

There were always "prequels aren't so bad" threads on this board.
>>
File: 12458900.jpg (138 KB, 876x719) Image search: [Google]
12458900.jpg
138 KB, 876x719
episode one was good

but cry babes cried and what's worse George Lucas actually listened killing the remaining two episodes.
>>
>>64039713
because le bad acting xD
>>
>prequels are agreed to be garbage for the past 10 years
>suddenly some normie hacks praise TFA, which is a decent film on its own, like it's the 2nd coming
>now everyone loves the prequels
It's like I'm really on /v/ discussing Zelda.
>>
>>64037471

Good morning reddit how are we
>>
>>64037471
ROTS is ok.
>>
>>64041569

Agreed by who? Besides reddit
>>
>>64041388

Not him, but I've never seen Plinkett's 9 hours of autism either and I have no interest in doing so.
>>
A COMMUNICATIONS DISRUPTION

CAN ONLY MEAN

ONE

THING

AN INVASION
>>
>>64037471

Oh hi Jay, how are the wedding videos coming along?
>>
1&3>7
>>
>>64041470
you'r a fucking idiot, no there hasn't
>>
>out of nowhere reddit hates the prequels

The fuck?
>>
>>64041862
yes there has been
>>
I was watching ESB and I noticed that Luke, Han, and Leia all became generals off-screen with no explanation. Now this isn't something that bothers me because it's inconsequential, but it did strike me as the kind of nitpick the prequels would get skewered for by RLM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's excellent criticism in the Plinkett reviews of why the movies just don't work as well as the OT. But nobody ever talks about it. People just use the humorous nitpicking (Which Mike himself says isn't the point) to label them all as irredeemable shit.

And that's the true meme of the Plinket reviews. People always had problems with the movies, that much is very true. But it wasn't until Plinkett that the internet at large began to view them as the worst movies of all time. They're really quite mediocre, just like most of the Star Wars movies besides ANH and ESB.
>>
>>64041862

yes there has
>>
>liking a movie with fart jokes
>>
>>64041862
yeah, there has
>>
File: 1450966993855.jpg (31 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1450966993855.jpg
31 KB, 380x380
>midichlorines
>>
NOW THIS IS POD RACING.

seriously, why did the jedi split up on the trip down to naboo? Why did the droid army plans on the opposite side of the planet? (the fastest way to naboo is through the planet core...)
>>
>>64039713
>ITS TREASON THEN
>RAGHRARGHRAGH!
>>
They killed off Darth Maul when they should've waited till the next movie at least. He became such a big character and all we get is that one movie with him in it.
>>
>>64041647
Any sane person with taste. Maybe you should go back to Reddit.
>>
>>64041647
people that aren't manchildren
>>
File: 1445646066617.jpg (54 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1445646066617.jpg
54 KB, 500x499
>trying to get rid of tourists by pretending to like trash movies

new low for /tv/
>>
>>64039713
Because it makes no sense.
>>
>>64039713

It's the worst one. Fuck all happens and it's predictable

>anakin murders dooku
>anakin has some visions of padme dying
>palpatine convinces him to use dark powers
>anakin murders younglings because reasons
>anakin fights with obi wan

The plot actually made no sense
>>
>>64037471
/tv/ was invaded by star wars fans near the relase of tfa, and they seem to genuinely like the prequels... meet a bunch of star wars fans in real life the genuinely seems to like them "because the combat were better and they tell the story before the originals!" (never mind that the combat sequences were the most retarded in the series and highly coerographed ballets at best and the story they told sucked)

so first they started spamming threads with elaborate discussions on the EU, gradually they replaced 99% of the population of /tv/, and now e have threads from the prequel lovin faction of sw fans and troll threads about the prequels being good.
>>
>>64040113
it still doesn't explain how the fuck, in the wake of the empire's collapse, another, apparently more powerful version of the empire popped up basically overnight and built a super-death star and started blowing up solar systems because they were bored, or I guess it was because they didn't like "the republic," a new, vague government that, for some reason, doesn't have a military force other than a handful of leftover rebels, and for some reason didn't notice millions of people involved with "the new order" building a superweapon into a planet.

I don't know why any of the characters would even bother fighting the new order, because apparently in J.J. Abrams world giant evil galactic empires just magically appear whenever you need a conflict in a movie and you don't have to explain why or how.
>>
>>64037486

the prequels were hated since 1999 ( I remember it) red letter media just articulated everything that was bad about them.

the most retarded sw geeks always loved them
>>
>>64042474
>/tv/ was invaded by star wars fans near the relase of tfa, and they seem to genuinely like the prequels...

/tv/ was ragging on the Prequels until literally the day TFA came out despite being overflowing with SW threads for weeks beforehand. It's just pure contrarian trolling to suddenly start praising them.
>>
>>64041494
agree 100%
>>
>>64039713
Because it's supposed to be a story about a likeable and great character falling/succumbing to the Dark Side, but the character in question comes out as a giant whiny piece of shit instead of a hero. I dunno if the writing or acting is to blame.
>>
>>64042478
>, another, apparently more powerful version of the empire popped up basically overnight

The First Order is neither more powerful than the Empire, nor did it appear overnight.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 2 > 3

Anything and everything related to the clone wars or Anakins gay soap operah descent to the dark side is pure cancer. 1 was alright though.
>>
>>64042511
>the most retarded sw geeks always loved them
Yeah.... Like.... Roger Ebert..... Wow
>>
>>64042721
>no-jaw Ebert
>good taste
>>
>>64042446
This is some next level of stupidity right here.
>>
>people think TPM was bad while thinking RotS was good

I want off this planet.
>>
>>64037378
They were all good.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.