[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do people like this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ad.jpg (6 KB, 153x153) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
6 KB, 153x153
So why do people like this show?
>>
Because it's exceedingly convoluted so if you manage to follow along with it then you can feel smart or something.
>>
Its funny.

Also, Opinions.
>>
>>64032526

Because its style of humor is mor witty and often requires a little more thinking and drawing connections than sitcoms that use a laugh track to tell you when to laugh do
>>
>>64032550
i didnt feel convoluted at all to me
i must be really smart
>>
>>64032526
because it was good until netflix brought it back.
>>
>>64032526

The new season was weird, it took the whole corner stone of the show where events mostly tie into each other in convoluted ways and cranked it to 11.

It kind of forgot how to be funny in the last season I guess that usually happens when she's get dropped for 10 years, people kind of lose the magic of the original show and forget how to think about it when writing episodes.

I hope samurai jack doesn't do the same thing.
>>
>>64032526
lindsay, gob, tobias, maeby, lucille and george bluth.

the two main characters are fucking horrible. the actual message the show is trying to convey is ridiculous. the constantly fucking up relatives are hilarious and most people can identify with that. because as bad as you are, you have a drunk uncle who is even worse.
>>
It didnt used to suck.
>>
>DUDE INCEST LMAO
>DUDE 4TH WALL JOKES LMAO

Thats basically it
>>
>>64032724

I liked what they did with Michael. The whole point to his character was that despite seemingly being the only person in the family that isn't crazy or a huge asshole he's actually the worst of them all.

The whole time Michael was as bad as the rest of them but what puts him over the top is that he acts like he's morally superior to all of them and as the show progressed we got to see his true colors. He's only pretending to be a good person, in the last season, they made it extremely obvious and he mostly drops the facade. Michael is a selfish prick with a holier than thou attitude that puts him over the top.
>>
>>64032822
cera + incest is hilarious
>>
>>64032842
yea but that is what made me hate him the most. i saw it fairly early on and hated him, but as the show went on i just couldn't stand him. and the fact that he was the main guy made it worse. and the son was just such a fucking pussy. i'm not super alpha myself but i have seen combat and know that literally any decision is better than no decision. so he pissed me off too.

the other characters who were supposedly the fucked up ones were the ones i liked. lindsay was actually my favorite, but only because gob hit a little too close to home.

i suppose if i would have watched it in a vacuum i could have loved it. but people talking about micheal being the good guy just fucking ate me up while i was watching it.
>>
File: 1450625590351.jpg (186 KB, 480x683) Image search: [Google]
1450625590351.jpg
186 KB, 480x683
The best part about AD is that reddit thread were a writer did a AMA and talked about what would have happened had it not gotten cancelled

>Tobias is an african albino
>cabin car new stair car
>gob buster and oscar all use it thinking that there the only ones who know about it
>it always being in a different location each time a person gets out
>sitwell doll
>>
White people will watch anything.

Look at Two and a Half Men, that Bazinga show, and Always Sunny.

Literally anything, they'll watch it.
>>
>>64033185

AD got three seasons and Charlie Sheen Two and a half men got like 9
>>
>>64032676

I think the bigger problem wasn't that they forgot to be funny (because there were still funny moments) but that schedule issues prevented them from using the ensemble cast as an ensemble cast so you're left with stories focused around one or two characters instead of experiencing the whole cast bouncing off of each other
>>
Tobias and Buster are the GOATs.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.