[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Q: Why are audiences loving the new Star Wars? >A: Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (56 KB, 491x551) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
56 KB, 491x551
>Q: Why are audiences loving the new Star Wars?

>A: Because it finally looks almost as diverse as the audiences who have watched the films for decades.

>Thoughts?

Thoughts?
>>
>>64030760
Thoughts?
>>
White boys are ancient relic of the past.
Time for some new skin.
>>
Makes me want to hate it. They're making it a competition against white men.

As if white guys are going after Tyler Perry or some shit.
>>
JUST
>>
>>64030760
>Thoughts?
I think people shouldn't start threads with twitter screencaps or screencaps of shitty articles.
>>
Why cant they leave all this political SJW shit out its a movie. jesus christ
>>
Asians don't eat up diversity bait.
Black people don't care about Star Wars.
Hispanics will watch anything either way.

The diversity was for white people.
>>
>>64030816
yeah, like I'm supposed to be offended by it for being white. As if being white makes you inherently racist and sexist or something. It's also really nothing new. Women or black actors in leading roles isn't exactly a new thing.
>>
>>64030789
Discuss
>>
The funny thing is the only people who care about diversity are white people. You really think black fans of Star Wars gave a single fuck that there was only one black dude in the OT? No, they thought he was the suavest mother fucker in the galaxy. The way Finn was portrayed was so out of place in Star Wars, it was fucking jarring. He was literally a walking stereotype.
>>
How do I get paid to write stupid shit on the internet?
>>
File: 1450647760609.png (233 KB, 540x567) Image search: [Google]
1450647760609.png
233 KB, 540x567
>>64030760

I agree OP
>>
>ywn see a quadriplegic or paraplegic jedi
>handicapped people aren't the 'right kind' of diverse

JUST
>>
>>64030946

It isn't at all. Windu, Lando, I didn't think twice about that shit growing up. Or Leia. But now, it's all I can think about. And it's because these SJW shits have made it an olympics of sorts, makes me feel defensive as fuck.

I don't want to be bitter, I got dragged into this shit now that they're going after my childhood
>>
Schilling multilevel corporation begun has.
>>
I took my girlfriends kids to watch SWTFA (star wars: The force Awakens) while she helped a nigerian student study for his english test

I was amazed! I loved how Ray kept telling Jarjar to 'not touch my hand'!!!

It was a really good message for my girlfriends daughter that no man can touch her and for my girlfriend son that no man can touch a woman Especially when they're in an emergency and she is frozen and about to be killed! That was highly offensive and Im glad JJ included it

I'm going to go see it again tonight cause the Nigerian has ANOTERHT test and my girlfriend needs the money badly cause she already spent the money I gave her this week

Hope to see you 4channers there! 4Z IS WITH YOU
>>
>>64030960
He was based nigga.
>>
It's doing well because it's Star Wars

No one really gives a shit about diversity.
>>
>>64031174

Meming and he don't even care
>>
Sorry. But Fin's character was meant to be white. It became obvious when he started doing those over excited childish lines like YEAH! THAT IS SOME GOOD PILOTING. And when he was climbing on Reys face. Boyega was horribly cringy during those moments because he did not fit the bill. No racism intended, but this script was clearly meant for a white guy. A skinny young looking one.
>>
>>64030760

>Thoughts?

The person who wrote that is a click-baiting simpleton what more is there to think about?

As far as star wars and diversity I have zero issue with a female lead, the fuck do I care as long as the character is compelling. Rey isn't terribly great as character but who knows where that will go. Anakin being a white male didn't suddenly make me care about him more. The whole argument of "I need people that look like me for me to be invested" is bullshit, the only reason you should be annoyed by this diversity push is that it feels very forced and more of a product of neo-liberal whining than anything else.
>>
File: 1445010626422.png (14 KB, 187x190) Image search: [Google]
1445010626422.png
14 KB, 187x190
>>64030980
>FinnxRey
>>
File: kA3SmWq.jpg (190 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
kA3SmWq.jpg
190 KB, 1268x1695
>>64030882
Underrated post
>>
>>64030812
The movie is set in the past you dummy.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.