[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ben Kenobi Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151224_000342.jpg (127 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_000342.jpg
127 KB, 400x400
Ewan McGregor was 34 when Revenge of the Sith came out. Alec Guinness was 63 when A New Hope came out. A difference of 29 years. Since there is only a difference of 19 years between Episodes III & IV, I say if you pretend that Obi-Wan is 39 in III and 58 in IV, using Ewan in a movie that takes place the same amount of years since III in-universe and out, its not too much of a stretch to make Ewan appear five years older. A Ben Kenobi movie released in 2018 would require a 52 year old looking Ewan
>>
>>64030165
Not sure what was the point of psting all that shit but yes, I would like an Ewan Obi-Wan movie.

Makes more sense than a fucking Boba Fett one at least.
>>
>Obi Wan... I have went by that name since before you were born!

So what did Ben Kenobi do from RotS to ANH? Just chillax on tattooine
>>
>>64030330
He was busy taking control over the death stick market
>>
>>64030287
>>64030330
All Obi Wan did for 19 years was hang out on Tatooine. It would make him an awfully shitty person if he was off having galaxy spanning adventures. At least Fett was doing shit.
>>
>>64030287
You see, I made this because I'm autistic
>>
I hope some disney execs see this and get convinced its a great plan
>>
>a movie about him spending 19 years in a hut on a desert planet learning to become a force ghost from qui gon

Yeah no thanks
>>
>>64030451
>I will take the child and watch over him

He basically just chillaxed on Tatooine. Maybe scared off the sand people every now and then.
>>
>>64030986
>>64031051
>>64030451
>>64030330

In the EU he sometimes left to go do shit, usually related to helping any remaining Jedi go into hiding. I mean 19 years is a while it's possible that he could have left a few times to do something cool. Literally anything is better than a Han Solo movie that doesn't even have Ford.
>>
>>64030165
No.

No.

No.

This bizarre obsession with this franchise has to end. Star Wars is blown WAY WAY out of proportions.

No more.

Leave it in the past.

They were 3 good movies.

Leave them in the past.
>>
>>64031199

I think I need to. 1-6 were great for me and nostalgic as fuck and 7 is just unraveling everything.

No more please. Make a new IP.
>>
Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan is the one thing even the biggest prequel haters admit was good about the prequel trilogy. It's going to happen eventually. Ewan is interested, and with the amount of spinoffs they're doing it's simply inevitable.

I'd like to see it as a character study that shows him doing some detective work sort of as he was doing in Attack of the Clones.

>>64031199
lol
>>
>>64030165
I dig it. Ewan was after all the best part of the prequels
>Maybe a nod to what made him choose the name Ben.
>>
>>64030451
Let's see an old damaged Darth Maul come for his ass
>>
>>64030986
>Not wanting a slice of life, fish out of water, Seinfeld-esque movie about nothing featuring Ben Kenobi adapting to anonymous hermit life after living in the spotlight as the famed General Obi-Wan Kenobi
>Not wanting to see Ben Kenobi figure out how to cook
>Not wanting to see Ben Kenobi wonder why his bed isn't made for him when he returns at the end of the day
>Not wanted to see Ben Kenobi confused about why his clothing smells (he doesn't know about doing laundry)
>>
Reminder that Ewan had more lines in VII than Hamil. He's the voice that says "These are you first steps" during Rey's vision
>>
File: 51x9gYHs55L.jpg (45 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51x9gYHs55L.jpg
45 KB, 377x500
>>64031199
>3 good movies
Go fuck yourself, the prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!1111 I can't form my own opinions lol11!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.
>>
>>64031334
Holy shit yes
>>
>>64031422
stale pasta
>>
>>64031422
Is this pasta linked to a bot, or is it all just autism?
>>
>>64030165
Just him chilling in the desert as a weird old man I'd be down with that
>>
>>64031398
Kek
>>
>>64030330
rolling blunts and waiting for luke to grow a pair
>>
>>64031422

Eh I would agree that overall they are not as good as the originals (with Sith being the exception). Still, there seems to be an absolute refusal to acknowledge anything they did well, as well as a refusal to admit any shortcomings of the originals. Overblown prequel hate is literally why we wound up with Episode VII: A New New Hope.
>>
>>64031422
Go join IMDB.
>>
>>64030762
Not even memeing.
It really is.
They would effectively have a great starting point in not having to go on a huge search for a lead actor.
People love Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan. People probably won't like who'll they recast as Han Solo and Boba Fett.
>>
>>64031529
>rolling space blunts with the force in the desert
>>
>>64031543
>as well as a refusal to admit any shortcomings of the originals
I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of OT fans shit all over much of RotJ.
>>
Ewan as Obi-Wan is one of the few things I would like them bringing back from the prequels.

Hell. Having someone other than Georgie directing him would alone make it a thoudand times better.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.