[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /pol/ here. Just got back from viewing the film here in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: hjgf.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hjgf.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Hi, /pol/ here. Just got back from viewing the film here in my country and I have to say that this movie was, for lack of better term. Interesting.

I didn't pay of course, because who has money like that, I certainly don't but by far and inbetween I found the relationship between the Storm Trooper and the Pilot to be one of the best bits in the film.

Just...why did he have to be black? Movie would have been 11x better if the Storm Trooper was white, I'm sure the original script had him as white.
>>
Maybe its time to reexamine your philosophies in life
>>
the Mary Sue female power character being the new main lead was a way worse development

Finn was cool and funny
>>
>who has money like that

No one on /pol/, surely.
>>
>>64029748
This board has been completely taken over by tumblr with their shipping degeneracy.
Disgusting!
>>
>>64029748
>implying black on white bromances are the most pure and enduring bromances
>>
>>64029748
>relationship
they were inside a ship together so now they're bffs? sounds like a load of crap to me, how relationships developed in this film felt so unnatural
>>
>>64029881
reddit
>>
>>64029915

They tried to make it look like Rey was devastated by Solo's death after exchanging a few lines with him

what in the fuck
>>
>pol here
>racism

Surprising no one.
>>
Another pollack here, we arent all racist. Most of us hate race mixing propaganda which the kikes are shoving down our throats.
>>
>11x better

That's pretty specific. Not 10x?
>>
>>64029748
>why
please..please OP..please go home..we get it.. your cock is minuscule..just take a bath and and accept it ok, you'll be fine.
>>
>>64030027
There's nothing wrong with racemixing.

I should know.
>>
>/pol/ is 1 guy.

yeah ok bud
>>
>>64029881
>spic
>white
>>
>>64029998
Kill yourself you worthless faggot. Be a christmas statistic.
>>
File: 1447988343582.jpg (54 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1447988343582.jpg
54 KB, 604x340
>>64029748
>I didn't pay of course, because who has money like that,
You don't have 11 bucks?
>>
>>64030035
>11x
>11
>9/11
>black guy
>the blacks did 9/11
>>
>>64030027
>we aren't all racist it's just those damn kikes with their nigger propaganda

>>64030093
My boyfriend is too busy playing with my dick while we ERP right next to each other, friend.
>>
>>64029748
Deep down you know you wouldn't have been as moved if he white. Don't deny it
>>
>>64029915
>be raised from birth to be a killing machine
>work in the bathrooms on a superweapon most of your life
>the time comes to do some actual killing and you choke
>everything you've believed in has been shaken
>Realize you're about to be reprogrammed
>beg your enemy to help you, literally the last place you can turn to
>he becomes the first person to ever offer you encouragement and hope rather than brutal punishment
>He gives you a name and becomes the first person to validate your existence.
>he wants to complete his mission and your last words to him before he dies are yelling at him in cowardice.
>Carry this regret while running for your life from monsters and your old tormentors while barely having time to reflect on your identity.
>Suddenly, your bro who gave you hope and a name saves your life again and is glad to see you.

There was a little more to it than just sharing a ship. I was expecting Finn to be a shoehorned in nigger who holds a blaster sideways but this shit was genuinely moving.
>
>>
>>64029748

>Jews make Rey's love interest a black man
>Movie comes out
>Fans pairing Rey with Kylo, a white man
>Make the black and Latino guys gay for eachother
>The only one anybody wants to see blacked is Poe

Blunder of the century
Jews BTFO
Cuckposters BTFO
JJ on sum finna suicide watch
>>
>>64029881
>Maya, Mexica
>white
>>
>>64030362
i understand that
it just could have been done in a better way, it felt so made up
>>
>>64030133
>boyfriend playing with MY dick
>two guys
What the actual fuck?
>>
why does it matter that hes black
>>
File: 1427571336866.png (186 KB, 956x721) Image search: [Google]
1427571336866.png
186 KB, 956x721
>>64030509

/thread
>>
>>64029881
>Poe/Oscar Isaac
>white
>>
>>64030468
>It felt so made up
Confirmed AUTISM
>>
>>64030409
I think it's fucking hilarious tbqh.

Also I'm pretty sure that Rey is going to end up just like Luke. No romance at the end of it all, goes the traditiona jedi way. Not to mention Poes interest is one-sided (she kisses him on the forehead while he's still unconscious and healing, and then calls him FRIEND) to boot.
>>
>>64030076
It's a hivemind hugbox, it very may as well be.
>>
>>64029945
Read this
>>64030362

Similar situation between Solo and Rey. First father figure in her entire life to encourage aand care for her, even offering her a job because of how impressed he was with her skills.

And you know they shared more than a few lines you cunt
>>
>>64029748
>I'm sure the original script had him as white.
It literally did and Jew-Jew fired that writer and replaced him with one who would follow his PC agenda

This movie is just a bunch of expanded universe ideas dumbed down to fit the rubric of New Hope so they can make the politics into simplistic "evil space nazis vs progressive diverse resistance"
>>
>>64031065

Daddy issues must be more powerful than the Force
>>
>>64031165
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>64031261

>First father figure in her entire life to encourage and care for her

Like 1 fucking day of exchanging some words and he gives her a job offer and she's suddenly ready to break down after he dies and all emphasis is on her self-pity after his death as opposed to, oh I don't know, Chewbacca who had just lost his life-long friend and partner
>>
>>64031308
She literally just shouts NO and then fucks off with Finn into the woods. Did you watch the movie??
>>
>>64031441

Shouts no all pissy and teary

and then has a big hug off with Leia after
>>
Anyone else feel like almost all of the new characters were poorly-acted?
My unhappy suspicion is that Disney threw all these promising new actors into VII because they had a bunch of rich kids in the Mickey Mouse club and had to turn them into stars to be able to make a profit. I can't help but feel like Rey, Finn, Kylo, and whatever that psuedo-hitler admiral was named, were all just shoehorned in because disney.
>>
>>64031475
What the fuck are you arguing here? Should she have shrugged her shoulders and been like "lmao wtf thats fucked up"

Like what are you trying to say would be the normal reaction to a friend's death should be.
>>
>>64031564

She's supposedly a hardened scavenger from a desert planet who's known death and misery for a while

They had already been in battles before and experienced deaths

they played it off like she was losing a lifelong friend
>>
>>64030362
Yes but most of /tv/ are autists and they'd miss all of this.
It's no wonder they take all that and reduce it to "all they did was share a ship".
>>
>>64029827
look at lil baby using words he learned on the internet
>>
>>64029748
By falling for the Oscar Isaacs meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Inside Llewyn Davis was a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Oscar Isaac is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

Isaac is lying to you with his very existence.
>>
>>64031588
They played it off like she lost a friend who was literally killed right in front of her.

Are you autistic? I'm not memeing I'm genuinely wondering because I can't believe I am arguing over the reaction of a character witnessing their friends death?

Literally how do you think the scene should go? How should she have reacted, considering the connection she made with Solo over the course of the movie
>>
>>64031588
I think the plan was to lean heavily on the audience's investment in Han. People who grew up idolizing Han Solo are seeing him die on the screen, and they're going to be hella moved (Assuming they actually like the movie by this point.) by using the emotional reaction most of the audience is feeling and pasting it onto the lead JJ is hoping we'll all empathize with her a bit more and put some humanity into that hack of an MC.
>>
>>64031651
>memes: the post
>>
>>64031688

tell that to kanjiklub
>>
>>64031645

words merely communicate a concept you can clearly see and understand
>>
>>64029748

Was expecting to hate boyega but actually enjoyed him as a comedic relief

His american accent was good but 2 things triggered me the most

>him using a lightsaber.

Would have prefered him to be that buddu cop type character where hes good with a gun

>rey's character was perfect at everything

In the ot luke was a farmboy who was only good at flying. His development felt natural. We can since lukes youth and inexperience.

Reys abilities felt way too forced. Her doing a jedi mind trick already was retarded
>>
>>64029998

This

>>64030093

Stay mad
>>
>>64031666

She looked like she was ready to collapse from shock. As opposed to actually trying to, I don't know, shoot Kylo or something.

The fact that I'm not autistic and can understand the nuances of human behavior is precisely why her reaction was unbelievable given her background and the scope of her experience with Han.

She's either hardened and worn or a pussy little babby who just experienced her first case of loss.
>>
>>64031651
This man knows what's up. Disney has a cadre of young actors they're ready to prop up, and Star Wars is a guaranteed seller. They can cram as many of their "up and comers" who've bought their way into the movie as they want and they'll all come out with enough hype to sell another movie or two each.
>>
File: star_wars_ani.png (575 KB, 972x453) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_ani.png
575 KB, 972x453
>>64030111
not for Rey Wars: The Fanservice Awakens

>mfw my first few views were a camrip
>mfw a girl used a gift certificate to take me to see it in theaters for her first time
>mfw even she, as a casual fan, thought it was shit on her first viewing and seeing it for my fourth time only gave me more ammo to tear it apart

This shitty movie is literally nothing but references and callbacks, with all the major plot points lifted from ANH and cringeworthy prequel-tier dialogue and plotholes.

>Rey flies the Falcon once and suddenly knows more about it than Han and Chewie do
>Flies it better on her own than any two pilots have ever flown it, despite specifically stating that "it would be easier with a co-pilot"
>Rey can fix a hyperdrive even though she's never left Jakku since she was a child and therefore has never been in a situation involving a hyperdrive malfunction
>Han and Chewie ever allowing the Falcon, their prized possession, to be "stolen," which will never be explained
>Finn has literally no reason to defect if the First Order actually indoctrinates people to the extent that's implied
>Finn and Poe have zero reason to trust each other yet have a buddy cop bromance right off the bat for no reason
>Kylo can freeze blaster bolts in midair yet struggles against a janitor with no Force affinity because muh bowcaster wound
>Meanwhile a random stormtrooper with a stun baton easily defeats the same janitor
>And that same janitor admits he knows nothing about the shields, but somehow knows exactly what the "thermal oscillator" is and its exact location on the Starkiller Base
>Starkiller Base AKA "Not A Death Star"

CON'T
>>
File: star_wars_consume.jpg (277 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_consume.jpg
277 KB, 648x960
>>64031795
>they literally fly down a trench to destroy it
>can't fly through stars or supernovas in hyperspace according to ANH, yet shitty Disney/Marvel logic allows Han to fly through the Starkiller's shield in hyperspace by "timing it just right," when Ackbar literally states that their ships can't penetrate the shield one minute before this. Also, the X-Wings can't do this same trick even though they have perfectly good hyperdrives
>the shields are never properly disabled, just turned off by Phasma, which doesn't sound any kind of alarm to Hux or anyone else in the First Order
>Kylo leaves Rey to be guarded by a lone stormtrooper even though he already knows she has the Force and explains this to Snoke right before she uses it to escape by magically teaching herself the Jedi mind trick without even knowing what it is, when ten minutes before this Kylo freezes her in place and mindfucks her
>Rey goes from not even realizing the Force is real to being able to pull Luke's lightsaber away from Kylo in the span of one movie, while no other Force user progresses this quickly without training or in a single movie: Luke took two movies to just barely pull his lightsaber and escape the wampa in ESB, and still isn't powerful enough to actually beat Sheev by the end of RotJ

CON'T
>>
>>64031772

tell that to kanjiklub
>>
File: that_obi_feel_whenobi.jpg (728 KB, 603x1910) Image search: [Google]
that_obi_feel_whenobi.jpg
728 KB, 603x1910
>>64031822
>Phasma is literally thrown in the trash after getting almost no screen time, just so they can make a shitty OT reference
>Han is basically just there to make OT references and pep talk the new characters
>says "I've got a bad feeling about this" AFTER something bad is already explicitly shown to be happening
>New Republic are a bunch of space pacifists who have apparently disarmed and dismantled their star fleet for no reason, totally invalidating the Alliance's struggle in the OT, and are localized entirely in one system waiting to be destroyed
>Han and Luke just giving up and disappearing for thirty years at the first sign of trouble, also totally invalidating the OT
>R2D2 can go into magical "low power mode" which locks out any access to his databanks, yet couldn't do this in ANH when it would've truly been useful
>When they get back from blowing up the Not A Death Star, Leia completely ignores Chewie, Han's best friend, and instead runs to hug Rey, who she just met like an hour ago, even though Chewie and Leia have been through shit together and have experienced the loss of Han before

This movie was garbage, search your feelings, you know it to be true :^)
>>
>>64029748
I hope finn and poe get to have a gay romance with each other missionary style on film.
>>
File: 1441868943318.png (476 KB, 525x404) Image search: [Google]
1441868943318.png
476 KB, 525x404
>>64029748
Why don't we have a sticky say to keep /pol/ in /pol/ ? /k/ has one even /lit/ has one.

I'm tired of race threads and fucking twitter screen caps getting three hundred replies. I was just wanna talk television and film.
>>
>>64031767

This is either autisim or b8.
She shouted no, and Chewie shot Ren almost immediately after.

I do not understand why you won't answer the question. How should she have reacted according to how you think she was portrayed. Not sure where you're getting "battled harden scavenger" what the fuck

>>64031772

>yfw poe was suppose to die after crashing the TIE fighter but greatly expanded the role when JJ saw Isaacs audition
>>
>>64031734
>him using a lightsaber
He gets his ass handed to him literally every time he turns on the lightsaber, he's just trying to look cool with it
He's definitely a gun fighter
>rey's' character was perfect at everything
They make it very clear that there's a ton of shit in Rey's past that neither her nor the audience knows
I'm sure it will be a major plot point of the later movies, and that she has been trained as a Jedi already
>>
>>64031939

I already did faggot. Man up and send shots back at the guy who just sabered her friend, not wail around in a pity party. And not dwell on it for the rest of the movie. It wasn't believable at all.
>>
>>64031939
Hell, I don't even hate Poe. I found Rey and Finn to be the worst offenders, with their icarly-level "everything is crazy and my overreaction is the joke in this scene" on Pakku just seemed like a hamfisted approach to the dead-time.

I dunno man, I just feel ripped off that every new character was some fresh-faced 20 year old overacting every second minute. I feel like there were better candidates, but Disney has a bit of a repuation for making young stars famous so I'm kinda jaded.
>>
>>64031955
Man, the FinnxKylo fight scene was way more fast-paced and fluid than Rey's awkward poking and slow-mo swings. Even JJ's shakycam couldn't make it look good.
>>
>>64031955
>shit we aren't shown is a justification for shit that doesn't make sense

good one bud, you failed screenwriting 101
>>
>>64032183

can't hide the lack of female dexterity with FX
>>
>>64031990
So you completely misunderstood the character and also dont understand how a normal human being reacts to what us a traumatic event. Got it

> implying she was so broken up about it she couldn't BTFO Kylo ren moments later

Seemed like she was able to prioritize to me, unless you actually haven't seen the movie which I suspect is the case.

>>64032137

I feel you. I like Isaac as an actor personally, but he wasn't given much to work with.
>>
>>64029748
>I'm sure the original script had him as white.
I don't know about script but a white guy was already cast for the role but Jew Jew Abrams himself wanted more diversity so he shoehorned in the britnigger.
>>
>>64029748
I just got back from seeing it too.
Boyega was Horribly miscast.
Kylo Ren was the best part of the whole movie.
>>
>>64033457
This isn't true you memeing faggot
>>
>>64029748
>people actually fell for this bait
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.