[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windu vs Palpatine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: duel.jpg (49 KB, 718x301) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
49 KB, 718x301
So theoretically could Mace finish Sheev once and for all if Anakin wasn't there?
>>
He was already in the process of it.

Windu is arguably the best dueler in the series, while his mental Force powers weren't quite as on par with Yoda and Sheev.
>>
He was one badass motherfucker
>>
>>64029546
I'm pretty sure Sheev has a higher midichlorian count.
>>
File: AAGGGGHHH.gif (1 MB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
AAGGGGHHH.gif
1 MB, 480x204
>Implying Windu could handle the Sheev Spin
>>
File: 5530c028cdee2.jpg (70 KB, 650x407) Image search: [Google]
5530c028cdee2.jpg
70 KB, 650x407
Or was Sheev pretending and was in charge the whole time?
>>
>>64029546
>Black jedi is a better fighter
>White jedi is smarter

xD
>>
>>64029657
imagine watching this in first person as he comes spinning at you
>>
No. Sidious wanted it to look like he had been beaten so Anakin would save him and go past that point of no return
>>
>>64029672

He could have slapped Windus shit at any time.

He just wanted another powerful apprentice.

If Anakin hadn't done it, he would have killed both of them and went on with his plan anyway.
>>
>>64029672
>This can't be happening here. I'm in charge.
>>
>>64029709
You can do that in the new battlefront.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXsciSF8CM
>>
>>64029546
>>64029672
You dumb asses. Sheev was clearly in control. OP's pic basically confirms it. After he took the other Jedi Masters out in literally 2 seconds he had an open opportunity to kill Mace but spared him b/c he knew Anakin would show and save him.
>>
>>64029778

That's beautiful.
>>
>>64029778
>they literally gave him the sheev spin
hahaha
>>
>>64029804

Why was his life force draining out of him then

did he want permanent scarring?
>>
>>64029778
https://youtu.be/r5Sst_S6vHY
>>
>>64029981

>did he want permanent scarring?

Well he did use it to his advantage, he says something like "look what the jedi have done to me, they are bad"
>>
>>64029754
>implying Anakin wouldn't just wreck his shit right there and fulfill the prophecy
>>
Did Sheev know about the prophecy?
>>
File: Sheev attack.webm (2 MB, 950x404) Image search: [Google]
Sheev attack.webm
2 MB, 950x404
I think the best part of the fight was that awkward way Mace runs out of Sheev's office.
>>
>>64030976
>HOL UP
>>
>>64030838
yes. He knew Anakin was Plaguise' decedent and the chosen one which is why he wanted him to be his apprentice. because he knew how powerful he was. How is this not obvious? The plots of these movies are not difficult to follow.
>>
>>64030101
exactly.

>"The attack on my life left me scarred and deformed, but my result has never been stronger!"
>>
>>64029657
Can someone edit this into Mary Poppins flying away?
>>
>>64030339
>Implying the prophecy wasn't for him to wipe out the jedi and leave only 2 of them alive with 2 sith
>implying he didn't bring balance to the force
Obi-Wan pls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhK0NqXrIY
>>
Windu legitimately won the saber duel, Windu is one of the best duelists in the entire 5000+ years of Star Wars history. However, Sheev wasn't completely defenseless just because he lost his saber, he was playing at being weak to get Anakin to sympathize with him
>>
>>64031153
He wasn't defenseless, but had anakin not stepped in he would have been kill
>>
>>64031209
he was faking it.

sheev couldve blasted dindu with lightning anytime he liked
>>
>>64031237

Sheev apologist pls go
>>
>>64029546
no, because Sheev then would actually try to win. he just let Mace "win" because he knew Anakin was going to intervene.

but if Anakin had chosen to side with Mace, Sheev would probably be dead. he can't beat both Mace and Ani.
>>
>>64031209
In my own head, make Sheev's power level just a bit lower. I like to think Sheev really did lose his duel, he knew the Jedi would rebel but had hopped Windu was dead or not available when it happened.

But we all know Sheev planned everything, even being throw into a fusion core of the Death Star by his apprentice.
>>
>>64030976
>Am I still in the shot? Did I run out of blue screen? Where is masking tape on the floor that denotes where the computer guys will draw the door?
>>
>>64030976
That face replacement has not aged well...
>>
File: 1447842788512.jpg (55 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1447842788512.jpg
55 KB, 500x333
>>64031298
You should watch the interview with Sheevs actor and Sam Jackson. Sheev had like 5 days of practice for the fight and not even Jackson knew Sheev could use a lightsaber.

Jacksons expressions might be genuine
>>
>>64029763
You had one job.
>>
>>64029546
windu should've sheev
but then sheev found the immortality or whatever bullshit
so he reappears to anakin and it goes from there
>>
>>64029600
Windu's weakness is windows
>>
>>64029740
>Sidious

Who
>>
>>64031237
a jedi who is ready for it can redirect the lightning into his saber, where it wont have any effect. the saber doesnt actually block the lightning like a shield, it acts more like a lightning rod, but only while the jedi focuses on it. as long as windu had his saber and wasnt distracted, he was fairly safe from sheev's lightning
>>
Let's go fight Sheev in a closed environment where he has a huge advantage guys.

Mace was such a great strategist.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>>64031575
>>
>>64029546
Lucas has said Windu had him defeated. No Sheev wasn't playing possum, or trying to set Anakin up to save him. He fucking lost, and would have died if Anakin didn't get involved.
>>
Why not just get 10 people to surround him and shoot him?
>>
File: wiping three jedi.webm (2 MB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
wiping three jedi.webm
2 MB, 720x306
>>64029546

I think Sheev was throwing the fight so Anakin would save him and then feel complicit in the killing of a Jedi

look at how Sheev takes out the other 3 Jedi like it's fucking nothing

you cannot shiv the Sheev
>>
>>64029778
>when you do the Sheev Spin it plays the RAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!!! sound

amazing
>>
>>64029546
Sheev was legitimately beaten with saber, Even Yoda had Sheev on the ropes with a saber. HIS FORCE ABILITY HOWEVER WRECKED YODA'S SHIT AND WOULD HAVE WRECKED MACE'S SHIT.

However, he knew of Mace's ability and he knew Mace would have trumped him with a saber, however, he had to look weak in the front of Anakin so Anakin would be forced to act. So he lost to mace's superior sword skills but could have just easily wrecked Mace's shit with the force. If you remember Yoda tried to deflect the dark side and Sheev simply poured on so much of it Yoda was overwhelmed. Mace would have been overwhelmed as well.
>>
>>64029804
At no time was Sheev in control of their fight, for he knew Mace was the better swords man, as yoda was the better swords man, "Sheev force ability was second to none so he could have just out forced Mace.
>>
>>64031670
Luke, did I ever tell you about Window? He betrayed Mace Windu by breaking during the fight with Palpatine. This proved fatal.

Mace Windu loved windows so much he named himself Windu. He was a good friend, unlike windows which are sneaky cunts.
>>
>>64031699
He wrecks three Jedi Masters in the span of 5 seconds. Lucas just decided "Whats the easiest way to make this fight work, lets have him kill three people right away to avoid complex choreography"
>>
>>64031838
But did Mace's shadey force abilities corrupt him causing him to go "gotta kill this motherfucker!" Doesn't he use light and dark side?
>>
>>64031699
Mace's shatter point ability would have allowed Mace to beat Sheev with a saber and if that was Sheev's only ability then Sheev would have lost. Sheev is a force of nature with the dark side. At anytime he could have wrecked Sheev's shit. Mace saw that Sheev was hoping anakin would save him, and in some way Mace couldn't understand, Anakin was Sheev's shatter point. Oddly enough he was also Mace's Shatter point as well. had mace looked introspectively he would have seen that and agreed to keep Sheev alive and got the hell out of there.
>>
>>64031067
>>"The attack on my life left me scarred and deformed, but my result has never been stronger!"

resolve, idiot.
>>
>>64031902
Hard to tell. In the novelization that George helped write, Mace was said to skirt the edge of the darkside. To Sheev's eyes Mace was almost as dark in the force as he was for Mace skirted the darkside without stepping into the darkness. Mace used the darkside impassively but throughout his fight with Sheev he was literally tapping into the darkness that Sheev exuded. He had Sheev's stamina. But he had no knowledge of Sheev's full power so he thought he was in control. Had he known he probably would have ran.
>>
>>64031348
>not even Jackson knew Sheev could use a lightsaber.

Did he not read the script? That makes a lot of sense, actually. He probably was not the only one.
>>
MACE DINDU WOULD HAVE FUCKED SHEEV.

NIGHA WAS JUST CAUGHT OFF GUARD THAT THOSE THREE OTHER PEANUT HEADED NIGGAS DROPPED THE BALL.
>>
>>64031909

what anime bullshit is shatter point a reference to?
>>
>>64029600
>>64029546
You can't out duel telekinesis. This is why the prequels are stupid and Yoda/Emperor shouldn't even bother with lightsabers. Blocking lightning with lightsaber is also stupid but they only added that because they wanted to give Dooku it too and he couldn't be too OP.
>>
>>64029620

I see what you did there.
>>
I don't think sheev faked the whole losing thing, since it really did seem like windu could take him on and redirect his force lightning.

However, he probably predicted that anakin would come and save him from certain death. He was pretty sure that windu would kill him there and then instead of giving him a trial, which would then give anakin some doubt as to what to do.

It's already been said before that mace was really good. If he could contend and take on the force lightning, he probably had the upper hand.
>>
Unless the darkside can deform your face to look like literal shit and almost to the brink of death, then windu was winning.
>>
>>64032135
shatter point was alluded to by Lucas.
In the novelization
>>
>>64032160
>I don't think sheev faked the whole losing thing, since it really did seem like windu could take him on and redirect his force lightning.

I agree. I don't think that getting his face fucked up was ever part of his plan, which would further suggest that Windu was simply more powerful than he anticipated. Windu is probably one of the few people who could have beaten Sheev in a lightsaber duel.
>>
>>64031275
>Sheev apologist
Sup reddit
>>
>>64033253
Shatter Point was fucking based

They should have made the prequel EU canon
>>
>>64033882
Shatter point is based upon an ability Jedi have to shape their crystals. it's like a jeweler cutting a diamond only a thousand times harder.

Mace's power is seeing the shatter point in things and people.
>>
>>64033882
i's how we know in Jedi that Luke was a knight. The force focus and introspectiveness necessary for mastering said force ability takes years to accomplish. and it's why Rey is such a shit character.
>>
more like Mace DINDU amirite
>>
>>64034444
quads says i am rite
>>
File: nick_windu.png (498 KB, 350x351) Image search: [Google]
nick_windu.png
498 KB, 350x351
>>64029546
canonically, windu is the most skilled lightsaber combatant (the purple crystal in his plasma dildo signifies this, as it's the hardest crystal to acquire for the construction of the weapon and only the best of the best even attempt to retrieve it... from some mountain of cliff face or some other god-forsaken place)

as such, he could have taken sheev... provided he didn't have any magical tricks up his wizard's sleeve... which was not implied in the film
>>
>>64029804
nah

you guys think Sheev is some omnipotent that everything he does is planned

I'm sure he thought that too when Vader threw him down into the abyss
>>
>>64034444
You must've committed treason to get a get like that
>>
>>64029546
who was the worse mary sue windu or palpatine? So glad Anakin killed both of them eventually
>>
>>64031092

You know I just realized something

>no jedi
>no sith

it would be balance wouldn't it? Whipping out all the jedi and then killing the emperor
>>
>>64035126
Mace was a terrible mary sue.
>only purple lightsaber
>THE BEST fighter evar
>LEADER of the Jedi Council
it goes on and on
>>
Sheev knew Anakin was coming he had that shit under control. All part of his master plan.
>>
>>64035265
According to Lucas balance means no
Sith to use the dark side.

The dark side itself is the imbalance, it wasn't meant to be a dark vs light thing as if they were equal parts.
>>
>>64034600
>>64032149

Windu's style revolved around allowing dark side energies to pass through him and turn them back on his attacker. That's why he fucked up Palpatine so much when he tried to Lightning the shit out of him. Mace was literally the perfect counter to Sheev.
>>
>>64035277
The difference was that he has had prior intensive training and experience. You can compare rey to every mary sue protagonist like James Bond, luke, anakin, etc, rey will still be the biggest mary sue out of them all because her desert rat scavenger background would not provide her with all the skills she posseses
>>
>>64030976
>Master Windu he's coming right at us what do we do?

>Block his attack you mother fuckers

>Okay I'll just BLEGHHh... *dead*

>Master Windu he's coming for me now. Should I block?

>Motherfucker don't ask me just block.

>Okay let me just get my saber up and BLLLEGhAHAG... *dead*

Seriously what happened to jedi reflexes here?
>>
>>64035297

So good without evil, how does that work? That doesn't make sense.

>>64029546

I think he threw the fight. To anakin it looked like windu was abusing his power and trying to kill a then helpless old man. Palp was no threat at that point (or seemed like no threat) and windu wanted to kill him anyway. In that scenario it kind of made the jedi look like huge dicks which helped anakin turn.
>>
>>64031725
Holy shit I didn't even notice
>>
>>64035375
fanfiction tier, i don't care how canon it's deemed. anything outside the movies doesn't matter
>>
>>64029546
>>64029600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

Sheev's Force ability 「It's Treason Then」twisted the situation to make it appear that they Jedi were betraying him. It gave him the moral High Ground, which gave him enough of a power boost to use the Sheev Spin.

He had originally used 「I Am The Senate」, but Mace Windu countered it with 「Not Yet」--an ability that lets him delay situational buffs like that. Unfortunately for Mace, it can only be used once per encounter, so he fell into Sheev's trap: he was free to use 「It's Treason Then」 without having to worry about Mace countering it.
>>
>>64035747

Why can't you use quotation marks like a normal full-functioning human being
>>
>>64035747

Good analysis desu
>>
>>64030976
Haha, First brown guy he stabbed wasn't even looking, and the white guy behind Sheev had a perfect angle to kill him.
>>
>>64035737
you're objectively retarded
>>
>>64034600
Get your EU out of here.
>>
>>64030976

Holy shit those CGI environments look really bad.
>>
>>64035737
>I don't care how canon it's deemed
Headcanon autists need to leave, canon doesn't end where your feelings begin you overly sensitive c.uck.
>>
>>64036210
Looks literally better than today's CGI tb.h
>>
>>64035571
>So good without evil, how does that work? That doesn't make sense.
Think of it like this. The Jedi let the force work through them. They give themselves over to it and don't disrupt it.

The Sith try to control the force and bend it to their will. They corrupt it and twist it and distort the balance. That's what Lucas meant.
>>
>>64031575
Do you think Windu uses Windows?
>>
>>64035737
Listen dummy, you're probably long gone so what have you and stuff, but Lucas co wrote the Novels for all of his movies and he said as much in his novels.
>>
Sheev vs revan. final destination sabers and force abilities only.
>>
>>64036300
he fell out one
>>
>>64029600
fucking idiot

sheeve obviously let Windu put him into a position of "weakness" to push Anakin over the edge.

If Anakin weren't going to show up Sheeve would have mopped the floor with that nigger.

Proof is found in the fact that Windu was about to kill Sheeve because "he's too dangerous to live." Sign of a Jedi that has lost touch with his teachings and is in decline.
>>
>>64035968
>objectively

>>64036214
>muh precious star wars books

>>64036311
>MUH BOOKS

hilarious
>>
>>64036478
But LUCAS co wrote the books moron!
>>
File: 1444170702526.jpg (123 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
1444170702526.jpg
123 KB, 384x512
>>64036478
>I don't know what the word canon means
Learn2literacy you c.uck
>>
>>64029546
Sheev set everything up for that very moment. It took incredible planning and cunning, then he allowed himself to be defeated so that Anakin would turn. Windu a shit
>>
>>64036557
well, it worked out great for sheev when anakin got low grounded and turned into a stump

if it were me I'll be so pissed and just let him burn
>>
>>64036478
>I can't read
>>
>>64030976
Why do aliens always die so that human characters can take central stage? Star Wars is racist against aliens.
>>
>>64035425

kek
>>
I heard Palpatine doesn't even really need a lightsaber because his force powers are strong enough, and the Sith adopt them partially to mock the Jedi.
>>
File: darth windu.jpg (35 KB, 497x536) Image search: [Google]
darth windu.jpg
35 KB, 497x536
>>64029546
>So theoretically could Mace finish Sheev once and for all if Anakin wasn't there?

Yes, but Mace would have been the new Sith lord with Anakin as his apprentice. So even if Sheev dies he still wins in the end.

>It's like poetry.
>>
File: Mace Windu.jpg (26 KB, 512x818) Image search: [Google]
Mace Windu.jpg
26 KB, 512x818
>>64038366
He would've grown a fro instead.
>>
File: postaDiFalcone.gif (19 KB, 151x293) Image search: [Google]
postaDiFalcone.gif
19 KB, 151x293
Anyone got a webm of that part where they hold their lightsabers above their head and sort of jog past each other? That was hilarious
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.