[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is literally one of the best movies I've seen in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: jarjarabrams.jpg (89 KB, 489x549) Image search: [Google]
jarjarabrams.jpg
89 KB, 489x549
This is literally one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. That ending gave me goose bumps.

When I went to see it the whole theatre was silent the whole movie. Absolute respect for this masterpiece.
>>
>>64028660
silence here too
surprised i was
packed it was
i actually let out audible grunts and wees and the like tho
>>
>>64028762
When did you go? I went on the day after the release. It was literally packed and everyone was silent the whole movie even during the funny parts which I giggled at.
>>
>>64028660
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64028660
MY THEATER CLAPPED EVERY TIME AN OLD TRILOGY PERSON SHOWED UP

ALSO WOOTED WHEN MARY SUE FORCE GRABBED THE LIGHTSABER AWAY FROM EMO VADER
>>
i could actually feel the disappointment in the air as the movie was ending

it was a bit sad
>>
>go to a smaller theatre at 6pm on opening day
>no line
>cinema is mostly empty, no children in sight
>a couple of laughs at scenes with BB8 and stormtrooper nonsense
>start laughing uncontrollably whenever carrie fisher is on screen
>get shushed by a lady down my row

best cinema experience I've had in a long time to be honest, everyone seemed to be enjoying it
>>
>buy tickets days in advance
>pick a weekday after opening weekend
>theatre is still almost sold out
>stuck close to the front
>have to lean back and crane neck to see the whole screen

Disappointed I had to be in an uncomfortable position to see it, but it was worth it. I may end up seeing it again with another group, so hopefully I'll get a better POV then.
>>
>>64028843
Disgusting. My theatre had people in costume in it, but even they had the decency to only clap when the opening crawl started.
>>
I wasn't all that impressed, i'd rank it with Jurassic World. fun popcorn movie, but mindless with no real meaning or depth. Definitely not one of the best movies in a long time or even the year.
>>
How many different ways can you say "unambitious"? Cause that's how I felt about the movie.
>>
>>64029041
just turn off your brain bro
>>
File: Life_is_hard.gif (99 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
Life_is_hard.gif
99 KB, 300x167
>>64028660

I hate that shit so much. I dedicated my whole life to star wars and now everyone and their mother thinks they're a 1337 super fan.

>"OMG! What do you mean you hate The Force Awakens, anon-kun? You're just a spiteful h8r that can't appreciate a good movie!"

If you're being serious, kill yourself OP. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>64028660
>go see this early sunday morning
>total of 10 people there
>all of them completely silent during entire movie
>get to eat crab legs in peace
7/10, pretty solid flick
>>
File: 1445948026512.jpg (24 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1445948026512.jpg
24 KB, 267x274
>>64029276
>I dedicated my whole life to star wars
>>
>>64029041
>>64029041
It was pure Jurassic World. no fun, just, stuff that was done before only bigger. Even Mary Sue Rey was bigger and better than everyone else. movie was a shit.
>>
>>64029041
>>64029383
Jurassic World felt like a proper film. A well structured story with likeable protagonists and a lot of build up between action scenes.
The Force Awakens is just a shell of a movie. Like a CGI cutscene to a videogame.
>>
>>64029276
The Force Awakens lacked the soul of the prequels. The prequels suffered from a failed visionaries take on what he thought he wanted but at the very least, even as he blundered through it, he really thought CGI was the wave of the future and if you'd remember, he spoke of signing contracts with actors because he really believed that some day, we could do everything in the computer and would only need actors for their likeness. the guy really believed we were on the cusp of a cinematographic revolution. And instead we slid ever further back into the abyss like the cowards we were. Technology struck a wall and could not push past that limitation. he really believed that some day he could dump his movies into a machine and compute out new scenes and finer actions and everything. Hayden could be as shitty as he wanted to be because in ten years he'd be able to via computer fix that. I kid you not this is what the man believed. Autistic perhaps, as are most if not all of us, but a believer in the overwhelming force of human progress which at the end of the day, let him down.

Disney and J.J. has created a shill machine that served no other purpose than to shill to the masses. It's avatar all over again. Soulless and pointless.

At least Avatar felt realer even if it didn't have the soul the prequels had.
>>
File: 1,5bln.jpg (40 KB, 1440x795) Image search: [Google]
1,5bln.jpg
40 KB, 1440x795
>>64029276
>I dedicated my whole life to star wars
>>
>>64029535

You could literally reverse that and it would be just as true.

But have almost all the same strengths and faults desu
>>
>>64029618
Not him but there wasn't alot of downtime between action sequences in Force Awakens, haven't seen Jurassic World so I can't compare but that was one of the main faults I found in VII
>>
>>64029535
you know, you're right, Jurassic World, Although Horribly predictable was more enjoyable than TFA. Especially Rey's Mary Sue. Got tired of that one real fast. And the bigger and equally as flawed death star was a shit. All that material they had and they tried to do Another A New Hope. And their version of it sucked major ass.

People are praising this film because it's Star Wars, progressive characterizations, and a Promised throw back to what the prequels lacked. And in the end it was as bland as the prequels. At least George had a vision even if it was a flawed one. Disney Marketers just wanted a by the numbers plot that could get people, especially young girls in the case of Rey, to buy into Star Wars.

Lucas did the same but he seemingly did so in order to have enough money to build bigger and better technologies to make his movies better. George waited until the technology was up to par to further his vision, sadly, his creativity at this point had ebbed into an abysmal shadow of its former self. His professionalism and his attention to detail.

He simply surrended that film maker's critical thinking and said, we could always fix that with a super computer in post.
>>
>>64029666
there were quite a bit imo. Jakku scavenging, Maz Cantina... ok I guess that was it.
>>
Fucking 18yo groups either side of me. All thought they were comedians/experts. Dumb faggot on my right opened his smelly grape soda all over his girlfriend's new dress and didn't even apologize. Good movie.
>>
>>64029276
That's the power of marketing. They somehow convinced everyone aware of Star Wars that they are Star Wars fans. The marketing team for Avatar 2 is going to do the same thing, mark my words. As soon as the trailer drops everyone will actually believe they are fans of the Avatar franchise. It's a little scary.
>>
>>64031386
they're snake oil salesman who fooled people a century or more ago and they're invest bankers who headed the largest ponzi schemes ever.

they promised to try and recapture the excitement and throw back that was the OT and played it as if this new movie would cleanse the blight that they consider the prequels as.

Disney's Marketing budget exceeded the film's budget All and all they spent upwards of 500 million on this and has to make at least 1.2 billion to see any profit.
>>
>>64031505
>at least 1.2 million
>implying it isnt already well over halfway there
>implying merchandising and the rest of the international releases and the following weeks wont easily close the gap
>implying dvd sales wontake that profit even greater
>implying bringing in a whole new generation of fans to VIII and IX isn't going to make them even a shitton more profit now that they have re-established the fanbase

This was a great investment, almost foolproof once you get a decent film out. And they did. And it's over now. They will be laffin all the way to the bank for decades to come.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.