[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: image.gif (500 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
500 KB, 500x205
George Lucas right now
>>
File: 1450298076079.jpg (26 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1450298076079.jpg
26 KB, 399x388
FUCK
OFF
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIT
>>
>>64027576
god tier scene
>>
George Lucas post-ESB
>>
File: 1434915170492.jpg (184 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1434915170492.jpg
184 KB, 500x370
>george right now after seeing TFA is just a mediocre rehash of his original ideas
>>
I think I know where the "prequels just 'felt' better" shit is coming from. It's just nostalgia. A lot of us saw the prequels when we were kids, so we ignore their flaws the same way that old people ignore the flaws in Episode IV and Episode VI. That's really all it is, to someone who has no experience with any of them and watched all 7 as an adult I bet they'd rank it 5>4>6>7>3>1>2 while people who saw the prequels as kids might say 5>4>3>6>1>2 and people who say the originals as kids might say 5>4>6>3>1>2.

We're just pissed because it's not recreating the feeling we had as kids. So we nitpick Episode VII to death the same way those old guys with Red Letter Media nitpick the prequels.
>>
>>64027719
*and people who saw the originals as kids might say
>>
>>64027643
So just like Episodes 2 and 3 then?
>>
>>64027576
He gave the 4 billion to charity and kept his Disney stock. He's just fine. Not only was this movie great, but it helped people in need.
>>
>>64027643
Lucas ideas were just a mediocre rehash of Samurai and Western films and The Dam Busters
>>
>>64027719

I only saw Star Wars recently, TFA clearly feels like a cheap knock-off and the prequels had good ideas but bad execution. Overall it goes

V > IV > VI > III > VII > I > II

The last three were hard to score, they were pretty close in quality.
>>
For christ sake
Tell me that fucking gang scene with the guys from the Raid wasn't something LITERALLY out of Guardians of the galaxy

What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>64027825
Phantom Menace simply adapts his original 1974 first drafts, back when it was Hidden Fortress... IN SPACE!
Just changes names and locations
General Starkiller = Qui-Gon
His Sons Deak and Anikin (note the different spelling) = Obi-Wan and Anakin
Leia prototype = Padme
Chewbacca prototype and Wookiee prototype (I say prototype because they originally looked much different) = Jar Jar and the Gunguns
Yavin IV = Naboo
Empire = Trade Federation
etc
>>
>>64028006
Hans ship looked like the ship from Alien
>>
File: han.png (622 KB, 920x559) Image search: [Google]
han.png
622 KB, 920x559
>>64027936
>VII, I, and II
>pretty close in quality
>>
>>64027936
I agree with your rankings but disagree with your closing statement
>>
>BASED ON CHARACTERS CREATED BY GEORGE LUCAS

He's a multi billionaire who gets creative credit without having to do shit. Even old Star Wars credit should be given to his entire crew who actually did the real creative work. Fuck him
>>
V > VII = IV > VI >> III > II >>> I

Prequels were objectively the worst thing to ever happen to Star Wars. The lightsaber battles are godawful. Half the time they aren't even swinging at eachother. Just some gay choreographic dance.

VII revived all the magic of the original trilogy. And in doing so, fixed everything the originals missed. (See: Stormtroopers actually hitting things, characters not being carbon copies of eachother, etc.)
>>
>>64028109
How do all of MF's floor grates not fall to the ceiling of the shit whenever they pull a 360 maneuver?
>>
Man I feel bad for George. He's watching people turn something great that he made and spent his lifetime on into sub par movies that are being made just to make money.
>>
>>64027936
This is exactly right. I grew up on the OT and PT, but even removing nostalgia, this is how I rank them. I'd say, with this the consensus of two opposite points of view, it's the most accurate ranking
>>
>Disney already recoup their 5 billion they bought Star Wars from merchandising and revenue already

can't outjew the jews
>>
>>64028209
Magnets
>>
>>64027576
I honestly miss George. TFA is by far the most boring Star Wars film ever made. It wasn't good, it wasn't even fun. It was just one big commercial for Disney's huge marketing campaign.
>>
>>64028348

Are you honestly implying that the other Star Wars movies with the exception of a New Hope and Empire weren't huge marketing toy commercial campaigns?

Surely you're not this naive? At least TFA was visually coherent and exciting
>>
>>64028461
>At least TFA was visually coherent

Its shot like its a fuckign syfy tv show
>>
>>64028461
>At least TFA was visually coherent and exciting
You must be joking.

And Star Wars has never been so blatantly a commercial before this movie. It's why they remade IV.
>>
File: botw67.jpg (10 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
botw67.jpg
10 KB, 420x315
>>
>Lucas said Star Wars would never beat Titanic.
>Almost $250 million opening weekend.
>>
>>64027633
>George Lucas pre-A New Hope
>>
>>64027936
>III that high
>>
>>64028265
>Walt Disney
>Jewish
>>
>>64028515
Use words to explain what you mean instead of just saying essentially nothing.

It's shot like a standard bread and butter action flick.

There is some standard cinematic flare behind the camera and you're fucking lying if you believe it was incoherent.
>>64028530
Please, don't be naive. Star Wars has always been a product, even more so with the prequels. Where they designed clone troopers, droids, multiple jedis and sith, all plastered on cereal boxes and toys and stickers and so on.
>>
>>64029006
Yeah because fucking dutch angles spinning 360 scenes and shaky cam are so cinematic

It's fucking awful
>>
>>64028209
Centrifugal force.
>>
I saw the prequels as a kid and thought they were awful then. I fell asleep watching episode 1.
>>
>>64027936

agreed. good ranking.
>>
>>64029086

Buzzwords, either you didn't see the movie or you are incredibly determined to dislike the movie, by flat out lying.

Regardless its leagues above the show, reverse shot safety scenes and incredibly incoherent action scenes with cluttered frames that refuse to adhere to basic film editing 101.
>>
>>64028190
This, this. The prequels are terrible films.
>>
>>64027719
TFA openning made me feel like I was watching the slow moving ship scene in the opening to Revenge of the Sith.
>>
>>64029232
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaky_camera

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_angle

Nice buzzwords, bro
You should go back to >>>/v/ you're out of your element
>>
>>64029612

I know what those words mean you mong you're blatantly using theme incorrectly. Since I can count the use of 360 shots on one hand, the action scenes weren't shaky cam save for maybe some of the fight at Mazs place, the dutch angles employed a few times to highten the tension, not all the time like you implied
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.