[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, guys Apparently you need to watch it TWICE to fully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: starwars7-kyloren-forcehand.jpg (120 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
starwars7-kyloren-forcehand.jpg
120 KB, 700x300
Guys, guys

Apparently you need to watch it TWICE to fully appreciate it

Everyone in the comments agrees!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-was-way-better-the-second-1749319663
>>
>>64027051
I will watch it again once a good torrent comes out. Not giving more money to jew jew
>>
>io9

Who owns these assholes?
>>
>>64027244
gawker
>>
I plan to give it a second try in a desperate attempt to find some way to like it.

I refuse to let them take Star Wars away from me. If I can find some way to accept this, I will.
>>
I saw it twice. I just noticed how much more of the movie was setting up for sequels.
Pretty much everybody knows more about Rey than Rey or the audience does.

I'm just hoping we see more world building next time. Bring in New Republic characters. They'll have their own soldiers and plenty of ships, I'm sure, great for toys
>>
File: Jim liek.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Jim liek.gif
445 KB, 250x188
I've already seen it twice.

Once by my lonesome on opening morning (brought my body pillow to avoid the no single policy)

Then a few days later with my dad.
>>
>>64027051
I saw it twice, once on release and once today when my boss took my departemnt to see it on the company dime.

It was way worse the second time. The Marry Sue was so easy to spot and seemed really ham fisted.
>>
>>64027417

but it's just as good as 4-6. stop being a pleb
>>
>>64027655
It's the same movie as 4
>>
>>64027536
No single policy? What is that?

>>64027051
I saw it twice
First, with gf who knew nothing about star wars
Second, with friends who I could discuss the movie practically with

It's a good movie on the outside, the inside has a lot of flaws
>>
>>64027417

>I refuse to like a movie with a strong female character and a black major character!

Mental midget. \tv/, ladies and gents
>>
Why was the Millenium Falcon randomly on Jakku?
Seems like a hokey plot device.
>>
File: gisele_spanks_too_hard.jpg (27 KB, 409x260) Image search: [Google]
gisele_spanks_too_hard.jpg
27 KB, 409x260
>>64027619

>Finn hears tie fighters flying into shooting range and grabs her hand to pull her in the right direction to start running
>"I DONT NEED YOU TO HOLD MY HAND", takes the lead like a boss lolz
>women in the theater laugh

I can't take it anymore

I'm going to bury this one in my memory
>>
No fapworthy scenes, not watching it again.
>>
>>64027708
how small does your dick have to be to actually get upset over that
>>
>>64027051
I agree.
Watched it again today and liked it more.
Maybe I will see it a third time.
Also rey mai waifu, and bb8 was cute as fuck.
>>
>>64027051
>gib jews more monies pls
>>
Totally want to notice more lore rape.
>stealing a TIE Fighter without a vac suit
>>
>>64027705
They already answered that

It was stolen and sold like 3 times
>>
>>64027704
Projecting hard
>>
>>64027717
Last scene with Rey shot from below is actually pretty fapworthy.
>>
This is like the opposite of how it works

See it once:
>omg this is Star Wars
>that looks so cool
>so much stuff is happening
>this is all so fun
>what a rush
>I can't wait for the next one

See it twice
>wait that makes no sense
>that makes no sense either
>the pacing of this movie is screwy
>these characters are annoying
>I am noticing so many flaws
>>
>>64027769
And out of the whole galaxy it just happened to end up where the heroes of this movie were?
>>
>>64027051
I don't see how the second time around will make me perceive the movie as anything more than what it is: A modern-day capeshit remake of A New Hope.
>>
>>64027051
I watched it in 3D and felt I missed a lot due to the forced perspective blurring. If I go see it again, it'll be 2D to get the full visual experience.
>>
Meme off, bro. Me and you.
>>
>>64027051
OH GOD ITS TRUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_8-NCN5CU
>>
>>64027823

My first time experience was your second time.

Except also mourning the totally different tone and just generally how much it was a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.

I was rather upset by the time it was over.
>>
>>64027051
I really liked tbqh, just as good as a new hope, didnt like the way Rey "learned" hoe to use the force, seemed a little too rushed
>>
>>64027828
You're trying to make sense of a key plot in a science fiction movie

It was there for fan service you ding dong
>>
>>64027867

Here's the only way they redeem VIII for me

reveal Darth Plageuis, truly tie them all together, don't go with the hokey predictable "Rey will be the next new Chad Jedi to take down evil", go for some serious turns
>>
File: greedyjew.jpg (6 KB, 160x171) Image search: [Google]
greedyjew.jpg
6 KB, 160x171
>>64027051
Disney certainly agrees
>>
>>64027903

Her learning the Force felt sorta organic for me, since I feel there was some mind-meld shit going on when Kylo was "interrogating" her and she absorbed some skills.

What I didn't get at all is how some scavenger knows how to fly a heavily modified light freighter in maneuvers 99% of pilots un that universe would never attempt.

Or are starship controls dumbed down babby EA Battlefront mode?
>>
The dialogue was pretty hokey and prolonged at parts. Especially anything with layuh and solo. Just did not care at all.
>>
>>64028335
half of the movie was fan service as opposed to actual original substance
>>
>>64029057

This is also true of the other half.
>>
>>64027823
Flip that for me. Watching it opening night, while great, I just knew it wasn't going to be as good as 4 or 5, and I was on alert for flaws. Second time around it was easier to enjoy since I knew what flaws I'd be hit with, and hey, better than the prequels at least.
>>
File: 1445640294053.png (220 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445640294053.png
220 KB, 500x500
>>64027051
I've seen it 11 times in theaters.
>>
>>64027677
>>64027655
no
>>
Epic thread OP, boy did you stick it to the shills!
>>
>>64029210
yes
>>
>>64027051
NO REPEAT VIEWINGS FOR YOU SHILL!

WONT BEAT THE NUMBER 1 MOVIE OF ALL TIME THAT CHANGED CINEMA FOREVER
>>
>>64027051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAytlDjl7E
>>
>>64027417
He kinda looks like Leffen in this picture
>>
>>64027892
Same. I loved it because EVERYONE in the theatre was like YEAH STAR WARS DUDE! Then the realization of flaws kicked in. Then it only got worse. By the end people didn't even wait a bit once the credits rolled. They just got up and left disappointed. Thank god for Han and Chewy though. They made this bearable. Fin and Rey were cute at first, but they became annoying fast. Like when Fin says YEAH like a fucking loudmouth. That sgit felt forced and awkward.
>>
> jews schilling nonstop because monies is never enough
Die Die Die
>>
>>64030212
John Boyega was not a bad actor. What I hated was how he portrayed Finn in the Force Awakens. He was a stormtrooper, one of the best at that, and would have given the audience a perspective from a stormtrooper's point of view. He should have maintained a professional bearing after joining the resistance, along with holding a conflicting ideal after the village massacre and having one of his comrades die in his arms. The movie also should have focused on the whole weapon inspection after the genocide. He did not fire a shot when he was told to, and he feared the consequences when they were about to inspect his weapon for discharges, as he did not obey a direct order. People in the theater were perplexed, as was I, because it seems that he deserted the first order so easily. Finn should have acted as a soldier, but throughout the movie, he was undisciplined, unprofessional, and flat out out-of-character. I'm sure that Boyega didn't have a say to how Finn was supposed to act, especially with Jar Jar Abrams and Disney fucking up the whole universe. Just because he knows how the mechanics of a stormtrooper helmet works is not enough to appease his stormtrooper past.

And don't get me started with Miss Jedi Perfection.
>>
>>64030489
Watch the movie again - according to io9, bad writing doesn't matter on the second view :^)
>>
>>64030489
>He was a stormtrooper, one of the best at that
>one of the best at that

Are you kidding me? He was a fuck-up nobody. Half the movie is him actually managing to hit/kill something and him going "whoa, I can do this!" The kid was a janitor for fuck's sake.
>>
>>64030489

>one of the best at that
>has a freakout during his first combat mission and doesn't even fire his weapon
>goes AWOL immediately afterwards
>one of the best at that

BRAVO
R B
ABRAMS
V A
O M
S
>>
>>64027215
>giving a dollar to anyone
>not watching it on cam cause who gives a shit
>if the story is solid the visuals wont be necessary to enjoy it
>story was average
>visuals wouldve been necessary to enjoy it

JUST VFX MY STORY UP FAMILY
>>
>>64030489
He was a sanitation officer. He was literally a janitor. Most of his character growth is that he mans up and actually does something when all he really wants to do is run away. I liked Finn despite having absolutely no enthusiasm for his role in the film going in.

As for Rey, no counter argument. It's really expected of Abrams and what he did with the Star Trek films. Everyone's a genius, this time it's Rey. I do think there's going to be more conflict with her in the next two movies.
>>
>>64027051
Disney PR machine is not to be fucked with
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.