[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So were these significant in any way besides their following?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Original-Trilogy-Cover-Art.jpg (1 MB, 4333x2173) Image search: [Google]
Original-Trilogy-Cover-Art.jpg
1 MB, 4333x2173
So were these significant in any way besides their following?
>>
>>64027034
Special effects pioneering
>>
>>64027052
Alright, I'll give it that. Couldn't you say the same about 2001 or something though? I guess 2001 didn't have lasers or anything though.
>>
>>64027092
Yes you could say the same about 2001. Both are important, I'd argue Star Wars gave more to special effects though as without it you wouldn't have the creation of ILM
>>
>>64027034
No, and given there's still an evil empire and stormtroopers in this new one, neither was the story
>>
>>64027284
I'll give it that then.

>>64027346
I'm in the same boat. Sure they're (sorta) fun, but they're nothing worth writing home about.
>>
>>64027034

Awful posters are awful.
>>
>>64027734
At least it's calling it Star Wars and not A New Hope
>>
>>64027034
Man the Empire Strikes Back's logo was awesome.
>>
>>64027092

I guess Star Wars just left a better impression on people because it was action and movement. 2001 was technically amazing, but you'd have to go into details on the shots, like the gimbles and rotating sets. Compare a shot of a single spaceship alone in the vastness to having a dozen space planes flying around and dogfighting over a space station.
>>
>>64028156
Really disappointed that the TFA logo was just boring typeface squeezed between STAR WARS

If they wanted to really sell this as a return to OT form they should have done better promo art.
>>
>>64027034
You're right, I mean the whole world was enthralled by it, obviously it's literally meaningless.
In fact why is anything significant? Everything is meaningless, everyone should just sit on their ass and not make anything ever again because it's insignificant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.