[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: series that will inevitably get a reboot disguised as a sequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x450
ITT: series that will inevitably get a reboot disguised as a sequel
>>
>>64026424
Would probably be a good thing considering how terrible the sequels are.
>>
>>64026424
Nah. The Wachowskis wont stoop that low.
>>
>>64026502
hahahahahhaahaha
>>
>>64026445
>Would probably be a good thing considering how dumb I am to misunderstand the sequels therefore claim they are bad
>>
>>64026445
WB will just follow what worked for them with Creed and hire a new director/writer for a Matrix sequel and leave the Wachowskis with a very small producer credit.
>>
I would love a second trilogy of movies or something but not a reboot.

also
>people who can't into the sequels and call them shit
the third movie has some boring filler in it but otherwise they're a great expansion of and conclusion to the story
>>
>>64026445

The Matrix series shit all over 90% of today's summer blockbuster movies.

It will be a while before we see another big franchise take such risks.
>>
I liked Cloud Atlas

Is that a patrician movie or a plebian movie
>>
>>64026445
They weren't THAT bad. I mean yeah, they over did it with the flying and action sequences. I loved the ending, obviously it was hyper-religious though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pjk9ZlS50
>>
>>64026837
It's definitely not a pleb movie, but idk if it was realized well enough to be truly patrician
>>
File: 1390188550026.png (13 KB, 536x498) Image search: [Google]
1390188550026.png
13 KB, 536x498
i wonder who is responsible for all these reboots and sequels
>>
>>64026837
certified plebtrician.
>>
File: image.jpg (433 KB, 1234x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433 KB, 1234x1600
>>64026819
The Wachowskis had such promise...

Things will become right again. Someday, the capeshit bubble will pop, and we'll get actual imaginative sci-fi again.
>>
>>64026424
I disagree completely.

Matrix will never be remade because the whole cat is out of the bad of what the Matrix is. The surprise of living in a dream world is 1/2 the movie.
>>
>>64026424
what would be better?
a sequel or a prequel?
prequel set in one of those who tried to free zion but failed.
>>
>>64026914
The weird thing is that the Wachowskis movies are closer to what a comic book translated into a movie would be like compared to modern capeshit films.
>>
>>64026923
>The surprise of living in a dream world is 1/2 the movie.
I think this is a big reason why the sequels aren't as good as the original. They did a great job playing up that paranoid unreality of the matrix.

There was also a lot of interesting camera work and scene transitions in the original, the sequels just look kind of meh.
>>
>>64026975
To me, Sin City and Scott Pilgrim are the closest things to a live-action comic book you can get.
>>
>>64027017
>There was also a lot of interesting camera work and scene transitions in the original, the sequels just look kind of meh.
The sequels had tons of that too. But "its cg so it doesnt count"
>>
I think it's time for a new Matrix movie, its been so long, i need to see Neo and Morpheus again.
>>
>>64027028
Yeah those ones were good translations too.
>>
>>64027061
You wouldn't see them both again unless it's some kind of in-between-quel. If it's set before or after the trilogy you won't be getting any Neo.
>>
>>64026975
Good thing we have Zack "Can't Hack" Snyder saving capeshit from factory-made Marvel shit.
>>
I think the most realizable new content would be a new Animatrix season. Get the Ws to write and direct a couple episodes and hand the rest off to other creators.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x280
>>64026873
Jurassic World and The Force Awakens are the 2 highest grossing movies this year.

A Matrix sequel is coming sooner than you think.
>>
>>64027242
After Jupiter Ascending I don't think WB is too eager to throw more money at the Ws for original sci-fi movies... and I think they're focusing on Sense8 for now anyways.
>>
>>64027242
if we're following the poetry we need a matrix prequel trilogy next.
>>
>>64027319
See
>>64026642
>>
>>64027325
That actually could be cool since that's originally what they wanted to do (well, one prequel and one sequel) but WB shot them down and told them to make the sequel be both movies.
>>
>>64026424
Will they let the Hachowskys direct it tho?
Everything they make flops.
>>
>>64027409
Matrix didn't flop. Even the sequels did well at the box office.
>>
>>64027242
Only if the immortal appears as another role, even short. They could make it work, I hope.
>>
What would be a cool story is if we had a world where everyone was human in a initially more real story. Eventually we find out that the humans defeated the machines but the only way that the machines could be pacified is to make them think they were humans and plugged into The Matrix.

Suddenly, they would also get a The One and it would be a matter of hacking the real world once they break out of their false programming causing a threat to humanity again... yet who are the real monsters, the machines or the oppressors?

Could bring up some interesting ideas like free will vs. programming, the ability to program out evil from an entity, don't sentient machines also have the right to choose their own destiny even if it could lead to death and destruction?
>>
>>64027707
mite b cool
>>
>>64027707
That's a great idea actually. Not sure how it work on screen though without being comical. How would you differentiate the humans and machines?
>>
>>64027944
Maybe not being able to immediately differentiate is a good thing
>>
>>64027017

yeah, it seems to be pretty cheap though because if you knew what the word "matrix" meant before seeing the movie, you could have had a good idea what it might be about, a better reason why the first was better might be the general story telling and explanations
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.