[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Voldemort just make another Horcrux?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: voldemort.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
voldemort.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
Why didn't Voldemort just make another Horcrux?
>>
>>64026283

He was planning to switch dimensions and become Supreme Leader Snoke.
>>
Splitting the soul was bad enough. Nigga did it 7 times. Hence his appearance.
>>
Why didn't he make the moon a horcrux?
>>
he was a big guy
>>
>>64026340
Pretty sure that's a natural consequence of investing far enough into the parseltongue tree
>>
He did make another Horcrux though. Nagini was made into a Horcrux after his return.
>>64026340
Also this.
>>64026369
Likely doesn't work like that, or else he'd have made Hogwarts a Horcrux.

Also he liked things he considered meaningful. Belongings of Hogwarts founders, family heirlooms.
>>
Reasons:

-7 is an important number and magic so he chose it
-he had already split his soul 7 times which was already insane
-he was arrogant as fuck and never thought anyone would ever be able to destroy all his horcruxes or defeat him. one of the many flaws that caused his downfall
>>
File: food for thought.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2873) Image search: [Google]
food for thought.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2873
Because Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>64026434
Too many points spent in leveling his skill?
>>
>>64026283
You fucking dumbass, read the books. Splitting your soul 7 times is almost impossible, that's why he already looks like a lizard, if he split it 1 more time he would have died
>>
>>64026369
Why not a random atom of, say, hydrogen? It could be in some water molecule, one among who knows how many.
>>
>>64026435
>he liked things he considered meaningful
If he liked old pennies stuck in the couch he probably wouldn't have got his shit fucked up
>>
he wanted to be in the new star wars which is the greatest franchise of all time and it will destroy avatars records just wait for it
>>
>>64026453
Thank you for BTFO of plebs again and again
>>
>>64026453
>Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series
Like he did with the new Indiana Jones movie?
>>
>>64026453
>Actually thinking ASOIAF is bad
>I don't like good lore and world building

It isnt as good as LoTR or anything, but its a pretty good read
>>
Why didnt voldemort just use magic to hurl a horcrux into space?
>>
Why didn't Voldamort just aparate next to Harry while he was sleeping then shoot him in the head with a gun?
>>
>>64026453
This list just shows what a shithole /lit/ actually is
>>
>>64026453
What's the best way to hide this trolling "I-didn't-actually-read-but-let-me-tell-you-how-much-I-hate-it" bullshit? Anybody know?
>>
>>64026637
doesnt know where he is buddy
>>
what if he made Harry's own dick into a horocrux so Harry would have to destroy his own penis if he wanted to defeat Voldamort?
>>
File: 1434163536440.jpg (491 KB, 1000x2071) Image search: [Google]
1434163536440.jpg
491 KB, 1000x2071
>>64026598
>world building
Get some taste or go back to /lit/ kid
>>
Why didn't Voldamort just give Malfoy a gun and make Malfoy go up to Harry at lunch and shoot him?
>>
>>64026677
I'm sure that horcrux is safe inside Draco's poophole.
>>
File: 144556745.jpg (14 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
144556745.jpg
14 KB, 250x238
>>64026700
I hope this isn't real
>>
>>64026453
>Atlus Shrugged
>>
>>64026637
>thinking a gun would have any effect against wingardium leviosa
>>
>>64026700
Except a read ASOIAF for a reasonably gripping fantasy tale. Holy fuck calm your autsim.
>>
>>64026453
Please senpai, don't get trolled by this.
>>
>>64026700
You got the good vs bad writing comparison, I want to read it but sadly I'm not an ant nor am I the ant man.
>>
>>64026453
>>64026700
>>64026779
>>64026814
>Getting this booty blasted.

I don't read sci-fi and fantasy for artistic merit or deep themes. I read it for fun, gripping tales of people fighting aliens and dragons and shit. If they tackle difficult themes and topics great but if you're going into the genres expecting it your reading them for the wrong reasons
>>
File: 1390634746066.jpg (394 KB, 995x1244) Image search: [Google]
1390634746066.jpg
394 KB, 995x1244
>>64026865
>>
>>64026936
This is the very definition of cherry picking though.

>Let's compare the best written moment in a book to one of the worst written moments in the book.

R R Martins stuff does have the ocassional cringe, but he's in no way a terrible writer.

One of my favorite parts of his books is how absolutely vivid his scenery descriptions are. I know some people find it boring but I love it
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 400x386
>>64026453
Le epic "I hate everything and if you don't then you're a filthy pleb" maymay
>>
File: 1272098864436.jpg (38 KB, 500x624) Image search: [Google]
1272098864436.jpg
38 KB, 500x624
>>64027074
>le everything is a memay defense
>>
>>64027074
Well I mean, Harry Potter was written for kids.

It's pretty mediocrely written but it has surprisingly ok lore and tells a solid tale.

I like it, but I've never been overly cynical about anything
>>
>>64026453
>that junior high tier reading selection in god tier
Kek I love this meme
>>
>>64026936
>Quentin
This faggot still posts here?
>>
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png
110 KB, 330x270
>Tfw never been overly cynical and while can appreciate "higher art" likes the majority of things I read/watch/play unless it's 0/10 irredeemable shit
>>
>>64026700
>A story that takes place during an era possibly more openly sexual than our current times
>Why does he talk about sex all the time!!!!
>>
>>64027145
Well in this case it is, as he's only pretending to not like HP
>>
>>64027230
I sure hope not. He was literal cancer to this place.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 304x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 304x288
>>64027235
>tfw enjoy everything I read/watch/play

Get on my level, pleb
>>
>>64026670
Of course he knew where he was. Fucking Peter Pettigrew was with Harry and his little gang for 3 years, so knew perfectly well where Harry spend his summers.
>>
>>64026283

1. It might have actually killed him (his soul was "unstable" or something from being split 7 times, plus his body had already deteriorated)
2. He's one of those weirdos who likes the lucky number 7.
3. He was arrogant enough to think that nobody would ever destroy one horcrux, let alone all 7.
4. 7 horcruxes kind of seems like overkill, what are the odds that he would lose all of them.
>>
>>64027298

it's medieval fantasy so obviously they are going to be more sexually conservative since they didnt have contraception or modern medical care so you could fucking die from having casual sex
>>
>>64027352
If it's ABSOLUTE shit then I won't like it (for example the new fantastic 4 reboot.)

Other than that I'm more than likely to derive some enjoyment out of it.

ffs I watched Alvin and The Chipmunks 2 with my little cousin and had a little bit of fun with it
>>
>>64027364
Oh yeah but still. Pettigrew was with Ron during vacations and never hung out and you cant dissaperate? inside hogwarts
>>
>>64027364

They explain this (definitely in the books, not sure about the movies). There are some kind of powerful magical protections (presumably set up by Dumbledore and having something to do with Lily's sacrifice) that keep Death Eaters away from Privet Drive. It's the same reason they couldn't just waltz into Hogwarts until Malfoy found them another way in, and why nobody can just apparate into a vault at Gringott's.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x162
>>64027471
>not liking the new fantastic 4
>>
>>64027364
also, the death eaters found out where he lived because it was his 17th b day and some shield shit breaks at that age. one that was placed by his mom
>>
>>64026283
Why didn't he just hide one on the moon?
>>
>>64027501
>>64027537
A dementor attacks him and Dudley at the start of the fifth book without any problems. Could have just gone for that then if those protections dont stop those things.
>>
>>64027459
I'm not the most well knowledged in medevil history I'll admit. But wasn't prositution absolutely rampent during every era before ours (not to say it isnt now. But even more so back then.)
>>
>>64027600
Because then the bad guys would win and we can't have that now can we?

In all seriousness, pretty sure he chose to hide them where he did for personal/symbolic reasons
>>
>>64027600
What kind of use is a piece of soul on the moon?

Ive got no idea how this shit is supposed to work, but if all the other horcruxes and his body got destroyed, wouldn't he just be stuck on the moon with no way back?
>>
>>64027685
how widespread prostitution was fluctuated up and down throughout history depending on a wide array of factors.
>>
>>64028514
From what knowledge I have Medievil, Roman and Greek eras were some of the worst for it were they not?
>>
>>64028777
Yeah. So was the ancient Near East and post-Renaissance Europe. Venice at its height was so bad that a substantial % of its female population were prostitutes or former prostitutes
>>
>>64027931
>if all the other horcruxes and his body got destroyed
His body can't be destroyed unless the horcruxes are destroyed first.
>>
>>64026449
Except he never knew Potter was a crux, so he didn't "choose" 7
>>
Why didn't voldemort just make a horocrux out of a metal sphere and then launch it into space. Once it was passed escape velocity and on a past out of out solar system it could never even be reached, let alone destroyed. With magic setting up the means for the launch would be easy.
>>
How does Harry Potter deal with aliens? Are there aliens that can do magic as well?
>>
>>64028998
Yes it can, that's what fucking happened the first time he got killed. The body was destroyed and his spirit flew off to haunt that random forest in Albania until Quirrel stumbled upon him and got possessed or some shit.
>>
>>64027501
>not sure about the movies

In the movies they went out of their way to shit on the protection spells, by having the Burrow get blown up by deatheaters out on a cruise.

>oh hey, Harry Potter is here. Should we call Voldemort so he can come here and absolutely fuck shit up?
>nah, let's just blow their house up and leave!
>>
>>64026283
He did, it was called Harry Potter
>>
>>64026283
The same reason you don't have 8 locks on your front door, faggot
>>
>>64026936
Is this actually a joke, I got a pretty powerful image of someone dying from dysentery in the second quote
The Gatsby quote sounds like a /pol/ tryhard trying to explain something deep
>>
>>64026453
>The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
Its almost as if it were written for children
>>
>>64026453
>Candide, Ou Optimisme
>Middle-tier

What the fuck were they thinking when they made this.
>>
He's still alive. The viewer is the final horcrux.
>>
>>64034222
Candide was trash, so unless you were saying it should be lower you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>64026453
It's a children's book you dingaling
>>
>>64026936
That Gatsby quote said so much but nothing at the same time
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.