[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we pretend Rey was a male >Wow, have you guys seen Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
ITT: we pretend Rey was a male

>Wow, have you guys seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens yet? The main character is legit awesome and totally blew Luke the fuck out. Biggest badass in the entire Star Wars universe. 10/10 MOTYAY.
-average /tv/ cinephile
>>
>I am so mad that people criticise a character for being a Mary Sue that I constantly make threads defending her honor

Based white knight bro
>>
I like chics that can fix shit. Takes the social obligation off of me, so I uave more time for vidya.
>>
I thought he was a male...
>>
I hated Wesley Crusher too. I'm not sexist.
>>
>>64025847
What's wrong? Strong women make your little baby penis nervous?
>>
File: 1265947002912.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1265947002912.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
You are the average /tv/ cinephile though, I mean just look at your post
>>
>>64025919
Nope, I'm not the one who thinks gender is the problem. You do, however.
>>
>>64025662
>Le reddit white Knight can't handle the fact that 4chan has legitimate criticisms on my SJWars.
>>
>>64025981
>4chan
>legitimate criticism

Pfffffttttthahahahahahaha
>>
>>64026011
You may find reddit is the place for you
>>
>>64025919
>tiny dick

Everytime
>>
>>64025662
You dumb faggot, it would still be hated as all Disney capeshit.
People would say it's Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
>>
>casting done by 3 women

You now know why this movie turned out the way it did

George, what have you done
>>
>>64025662
I see the shills have a new job
>>
>>64025919
Hey I already jerked off to femdom. I don't need this kind of treatment.
>>
>>64025662
No one would have said that. Rey rather male or female, would still be a shallow Mary Sue.
>>
>>64025662
Quality bait.
>>
>>64026049
"ad redditum" should be coined as a new type of fallacy.
>>
File: jesus yamato.jpg (59 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
jesus yamato.jpg
59 KB, 250x243
>implying anyone would like an awful Gary Stu any more than an awful Mary Sue
Because everyone loves Kirito and Jesus Yamato right? Fuck off.
>>
>>64025662
Hello reddit
>>
File: wookie_figures_diorama.jpg (132 KB, 673x500) Image search: [Google]
wookie_figures_diorama.jpg
132 KB, 673x500
>>64025662
>>64025847
Both of you list some male Mary Sues (i'm not calling them gary stus that's fucking stupid).
Now list good female characters that aren't Mary Sues.

Your answers are gonna help me decide who's right more than you arguing about TFA.
>>
Van you imagine if Ren and Rey swapped genders?

Women finally get a shot at being a properly developed baddie with the same presence, only to be reduced to a blabbering emotional crybaby and murked at the end by some MAN who only just learned how the force works.

Shitlord wars.
>>
>>64025662
>tfw no qt Rey gf to lick your cock like she did that bowl
>>
>>64026446

there's this one woman that set the standard for competent female characters in scifi named Leia Organa

if this wasn't your first time watching Star Wars you'd know that you pants shitting toddler
>>
>>64026446
>male Mary Sues
see
>>64026359
And 90% of all male anime protagonists.
>Now list good female characters that aren't Mary Sues.
Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor
>>
>>64026459
I really, really, really want to see a qt female Sith.
>>
>>64025662
The only reason she's even getting a pass and has white knights like you shilling for her is because she's a woman. Don't delude yourself anon.
>>
Requesting the Rey-Legolas shop.
>>
>>64026611
I don't watch anime. Who are those faggots? Unlikable supergods?

>>64026592
>if this wasn't your first time watching Star Wars you'd know that you pants shitting toddler
What the actual fuck does that have to do with a very simple question? I saw the OT before you were born asshole, sit down and shut up.
You can't even answer a straight forward question and go immediately to name calling. Who's the toddler?
>>
>>64025662
Do you honestly believe that if Rey was a man, people would've liked her character more and they would be saying that Rey is a better protagonist than Luke?

I mean do you seriously believe that?
>>
>>64025662
Her being inexplicably good at things doesn't ruin her character for me. She's an action hero in a family film. It's fun to watch her climb around and bonk the baddies with her staff. Isn't that enough?
>>
Imagine if Legolas, instead of Frodo or Aragorn, was the main protagonist of LotR

"Durr, let me snipe the shit out of anything imaginable that comes across me, and if that fails, I'm also a peerless swordsman with the acrobatics of a gymnast"
>>
>>64026851
Not that guy but you really are a pants shiting toddler if you don't realize that Leia is a super obvious answer.
>>
>>64026067

If you think about it, dudes with tiny dicks are very likely to end up hating/resenting women, though it's obviously not true that "misogynists" are likely to have tiny dicks.
>>
Where did she learn to shoot blasters so good?
>>
>>64027551
I'm not asking because I don't know any, it was a way to figure out more about the anons' positions and views.

I certainly learned a lot.
>>
>>64025919
Bait or no bait, this is pathetic as fuck
>>
>>64026011
>Pfffffttttthahahahahahaha
i like this "autistic redditor reaction" pasta
>>
man she's too hot
>>
>>64025662
There is nothing wrong with characters doing badass things, but there are problems characters being Mary-Sues
>master technician
>master survivalist
>master pilot, on par with Poe
>masters the force under a day, with no guidance
>master combatant
Literally no flaws. It's boring.
>>
>>64025662
Fuck off back to Tumblr.

Gender is irrelevant, your shitty identity politics are irrelevant. A badly-written, ill-conceived character with a level of childish hyper-capableness will always be a bad character regardless of whether they've got a cunt or dick.
>>
File: 13593172480.jpg (22 KB, 310x297) Image search: [Google]
13593172480.jpg
22 KB, 310x297
>>64025847
This. I've never seen nu-males so ass-ravaged in coming to terms that their strong female character is actually just a poorly written and shallow character. They make threads defending their mary sue every ten minutes.
>>
>>64027484
So the entire race of Elves in LoTR are mary-sues?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.