[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you revive Star Trek for TV? Should they make a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: STkirkchair.jpg (47 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
STkirkchair.jpg
47 KB, 500x318
How would you revive Star Trek for TV? Should they make a new show set in the new timeline, with a different crew whose adventures run parallel to the movie cast's, kind of like what Marvel did with Agents of Shield?
>>
I wouldn't, I'd let what's left of the franchise quietly die with the last shred of dignity it has.
>>
I'd show more of that redblouse in the background with the shapely legs and short skirt
>>
The only hope would be to show what life can be like post PC. A world where you do you fucken job, with no SJW, and where no one gives a shit your race/gender and anyone who brings it up gets shit upon. I might watch that.
>>
Create a new galaxy ending event or bad guy in the delta quadrant that starfeet has to stop bonus points if its Janeways fault.
>>
A reboot wont work.
They would have to go farther in the timeline, after Voyager, with new characters.
A more modest budget could force them to limit the action shlockfest that are the movies
But at the same time people would understand jack shit because they didn't watch TNG, DS9 or Voyager
>>
>>64026187
The launch point needs to be voyager though. It works to draw trekkies a d it works to draw feminists. Maybe a couple episodes dealing with the voyager crew now old and settles then focus on a new crew and adventure.
>>
>>64026353
Would Voyager make sense to people that were never introduced to the Trek universe by two previous series?
>>
>>64026400
It doesn't matter. We are in the era of fake geek people will watch it because it's from the past and trendy.
>>
>Sulu had a fencing sword in the original to subvert the martial arts trope
>Give him a katana in the reboot to reaffirm his asianness

hollywood a shit
>>
>>64026353

Not even normies like Voyager.
>>
>>64026565
This is one of the most obvious examples of JJ not understanding star trek. Take chose dancing to avoid stereotypes and in the reboots he makes him a samurai.
>>
File: Reddit loves TNG.jpg (97 KB, 1033x616) Image search: [Google]
Reddit loves TNG.jpg
97 KB, 1033x616
>>64026726
Voyager will draw in the Tumblr crowd. Voyager is the favorite Star Trek of Tumblr, just like DS9 is the favorite Star Trek of 4chan and TNG is the favorite Star Trek of Reddit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.