[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did the ending to the Sopranos mean? It seemed the significance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 279427432_largethumb.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
279427432_largethumb.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
So what did the ending to the Sopranos mean?

It seemed the significance of the Meadow parking trouble was that if she had got there on time, she would have been sitting next to Tony when the hit attempt went down, thus either preventing the hit or being a casualty in it.
>>
Any thots?
>>
>>64022561
>"Tony was dealing in mortality every day. He was dishing out life and death. And he was not happy. All I wanted to do was present the idea of how short life is and how precious it is. The only way I felt I could do that was to rip it away. And I think people did get it, it made them upset emotionally, but intellectually they didn't follow it. And that could very well be bad execution."

That was basically Chase's intention of the ending
>>
I recently went back to watch it again, and I've come to the conclusion that
>>
>>64022561
Tony died, it's all in the cinematography of the final scene and is foreshadowed heavily. Anyone who says otherwise is a pleb who doesn't know how to pay attention or isn't smart enough to get it.
>>
>>64022561
Tony died, his life stopped when the show did
>>
>>64022561

Tony got clipped.
>and dats dat
>>
Ok, better question: Did he go there on purpose to die (even at a subconscious level)? He must have known it was too early to come out of hiding.
>>
>>64022561
>So what did the ending to the Sopranos mean?

He might have died then and there. He might die weeks or years later, the point is his life goes on, with death and vengeance always lurking around the corner.
>>
This... person... wrote a 20k+ word dissection on the final scene in order to definitively prove what it means. There's really not much to say about it after this.

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

TL;DR: Tony is kill
>>
>>64023666
>He might have died then and there.
>..the point is his life goes on

U pleb, m8.

>>64023687
this.
>>
>>64022561

Edie Falco is the most powerful/impressive actor in the show.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.