[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien: Covenant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: alien5-movie.jpg (79 KB, 1024x595) Image search: [Google]
alien5-movie.jpg
79 KB, 1024x595
http://www.gamespresso.com/2015/12/21/ridley-scott-confirms-facehuggers-and-chestbursters-to-appear-in-alien-covenant

>There’s also a lengthy future ahead for the Prometheus series with three more films on the way.
Are they trying to make something worse than AVP:R at this point ? Three more movies ? We getting hobbited aren't we ?
>>
anyone ?
>>
>>64019973

No duh we are getting more 3 movies, hollywood is too pussy to make anything new and wants there shekels so they do what already sells and lets the historical and cultural impact certain movies had have a legacy ruined because of it.
>>
Explaining the space jockeys was the worst blunder in the entire franchise history.
They should have left it alone.
>>
"Hey, make the space jockeys cool aliens and gives them a backstory."
*makes them giant blue sorta humans*
>>
>>64021414
>>64021186
>>
>>64019973
Can't we let the poor beast die already, her best days ended after 1986 and she's had enough
>>
>>64022590
This t b h fammo.
>>
Jim Cameron should direct one of them
>>
>>64022643
Ridley Scott doesn't want anyone touching his "baby", even though he has only been involved twice and her real father was HR Giger
>>
>>64022643

Too busy directing more Avatar movies that nobody wants.
>>
three more alien/Prometheus movies
three more blade runners
three more star wars's
three more terminators
three more predators
five more avatars
what a time to be alive
>>
I'm just glad the chappie fanfiction faggot has effectively been cockblocked by ridley scott.
>>
Ridley Scott is 78. He's not going to be able to make 4 more alien films. He's not going to be able to make 4 more films period. I don't think that he's going to want to waste his last 2 to 6 years left alive on Alien movies.
>>
>>64022743
too bad its an abortion
>>
Ridley Scott will have a replicant of himself made and/or scoot around in an exoskeleton like the Weyland guy
>>
File: 1442919322448.png (90 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1442919322448.png
90 KB, 300x240
>>64019973
Why couldn't they just leave this franchise alone after 3?
>>
>>64027984
I want to know where the xenomorphs came from, who made them and what they do in there spare time.
>>
>>64027984
>after 3

Should've let it end Before 3
>>
>>64028155

3 was the perfect end to the Ripley story arc. Aliens would have been a happy ending, but 3 was just as satisfying in a more fitting way.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 460x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 460x397
>>64019973
>those writers
>synopsis sounds like a retread of Prometheus

Is Ridley Scott finally going senile?
>>
Alien3 was a shitty end for everybody. But if James Cameron ever directed a sequel to Prometheus would he be able to unfuck what was done?
>>
>>64028427
Pretty much this famg >>64028253
>>
>>64028253
>Ripley pregnant by the alien
>Newt and Hicks murdered off-screen and before the events of the film
Alien 3 brought the narrative momentum built up by the first two films to a screeching halt. The suggested sexual relationship between Ripley and the alien in Alien, and themes of motherhood and familial ties established in Aliens, were done so subtly and gave such depth to Ripley's character. Alien 3 undoes all of it spectacularly. All that, along with its horrendous visual style, make Alien 3 more heinous than any film in the franchise.
>>
File: 1444038755476.png (9 KB, 381x398) Image search: [Google]
1444038755476.png
9 KB, 381x398
>>64019973

>Prometheus series with three more films on the way

noice
>>
Yeah, 3 sucked. Dat giant fan tho... I just realized the sets from 3 would make an awesome D00M movie
>>
>>64022552
Based King.
>>
>Blomkamp to direct Alien V
>People like this idea and get behind it
>Ridley Scott sees this and demands he stop so he can make his own film
>>
They need to make Alien: Mortal Kombat. Where the aliens appear in out world and Shang Tsung want to use them, but Johnny Cage and Sonya are like no Shang these are going to be used as weapon for America. Then a chest burster bursts out of Baraka making a Barakalien and Shao Khan is all like you served me well again Sorcerer. The Johnny Cage and Sonya get Arnold to help them
>>
is it bad that I'd rather see the Saturday morning cartoon of Aliens brought back instead of another Prometheus movie?
>>
File: 1401329329885.gif (3 MB, 340x243) Image search: [Google]
1401329329885.gif
3 MB, 340x243
>>64028977
>>
>new crew plus Davido's head
>no Engineers
>just more ayylmao

What a load of shit
>>
>>64028253
>Aliens would have been a happy ending
No it wouldn't.
>>
>>64029002
>the Saturday morning cartoon of Aliens brought back
>brought back
WHAT???
Oh, it was an unaired pilot.
>>
>>64029281
Why?
>>
>>64029281
For you
>>
>>64029346
Because there isn't anything happy about it
>>
>>64022552
Fuck off with this shit. I want to see the engineers planet, that's cool as shit.
>>
>>64029510
I'm happy.
>>
>>64029953
Me too, man
>>
Can we agree that Aliens is what killed the franchise?
>>
>>64030279
No
>>
>>64030279
It's what guaranteed that the franchise would be a loosely connected series of films that had nothing in common except the brand name and monster design. The hue tonal shift from horror to action, plus turning the aliens into a hive of giant bees, completely killed the Lovecraftian atmosphere built up in the first movie.

Aliens was a decent movie in its own right, but it really had nothing in common with Alien, and with different props and monster costumes could have just as easily have been set in a totally different universe.
>>
>>64030279
It's what made it a franchise so yes.
>>
>>64028555
I liked 3 senpai
>>
>>64029681
This. I want a Giger planet of gigantic eldritch proportions.
>>
>>64022552
The original design Giger hieroglyphs made for the first Alien show the Jockey head really is a helmet and not the face.
>>
>>64031732
yeah, Giger's art was about blurring the line between the machine and the person, and making it hard to tell where one started and the other stopped. combine that with the fact that we never get a truly good look at the original Jockey, or at least not from the best angles, and it's understandable people would be confused
>>
>>64030279
Yes in that the creatures were emasculated cannon fodder. Cucking a penis monster makes no fucking sense.
>>
Alien reminds me tonally of the first Saw movie in a way. The double crossing/betrayal of Bilbo Baggins, the cold dark industrial feel, the utter hopelessness of the situation, the feeling of being trapped with something creatively hostile and aggressive. Alien is so fucking good.
>>
>>64031473
It makes me think Cameron had earlier written a remake for Them! then cannibalized the script to make Aliens.
>>
>thread full of Jimbo bashing

Thank god some things never change.

Still better than Fincher.
>>
>>64032881
This. At least Cameron paid his dues working for Roger Corman. Fincher was an overrated gasbag straight out of the gate.
>>
>>64029681
this so much, the element of ancient aliens is the greatest mystery of them all
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.