[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this fucker even in that movie He had like 2 lines and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why was this fucker even in that movie

He had like 2 lines and died within 2 minutes
>>
$
>>
>>64018237
studio insurance won't allow for someone that old to be in more than a few scenes. what if he dies midway and they have to scrap everything he shot and start over with a different actor? millions of dollarydoos could be lost. much easier and cost efficient to just use a giant cgi asshole
>>
>>64018237
OT had Guiness and Cushing. Prequels had Chris Lee.
They needed an actor with artistic credibility and just wanted to get it done quick and early.
>>
Remember when you heard he was going to be in the movie and it influenced your decision to go see it?
>>
>>64018237
POTTERY
>>
cause he wanted to be in it

you know there are some actors that idolize star wars and would take any small role they can get
>>
>>64018584
Is it true that Daniel Craig did it for free?
>>
so he wasn't anyone in particular?

just generic old guy with the tumblr resistance

2 people have asked me who he's supposed to be
>>
>>64018584
this, I'm sure when filming The Seventh Seal Sydow was secretly seething with rage that he wasn't appearing in something meaningful like a Star Wars film.
>>
>>64018731
Wait for the flashbacks with him and Han Solo. It'll explain how he got the map.
>>
>>64018731
>>64018845
It was bugging me for ages as well, I thought it was a character I had forgotten
>>
>>64018237
not to mention he's an "old ally" who we've never seen before
>>
It was just a homage to Flash Gordon

Since Flash Gordon is what inspired Star Wars
>>
>>64018843
Star Wars is actually more significant than The Seventh Seal though, not sure if you were trying to make a joke or not but it's true.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.