[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars The Force Awakens Speculation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: reypalpatine.png (1 MB, 1104x1100) Image search: [Google]
reypalpatine.png
1 MB, 1104x1100
Star Wars The Force Awakens Speculation Thread

Here's mine:
I think Rey is either the daughter [stasis] or granddaughter of Palpatine.
I think that after the fall of the Empire she was discovered and abandoned on Jakku by conflicted Luke.
I think contact with Vader's/Like's Saber awakened the force in her because it itself resonated with such deep conflict, and in Cannon, if places such as the Degobah Cave can be imbued with Force Energy, I don't see why one of the most historic artifacts in Jedi/Sith history wouldn't/couldn't be.

The concept didn't occur to me until I saw Rey fight Ren with the lightsaber, and I realize her initial attacks were in the same style of Palpatine in the prequels. She even makes the same face while fighting.
>>
ORIGINAL THOUGHT COMING THROUGH:

I think Kylo has very little Force within him and is mostly helped by Snoke, who reads his mind and does what he wishes to do, to make him feel like he's powerful with the dark side.

How's that for a based twist?
>>
>the face you make while fighting is a genetic trait

lmao, she didn't even do a sheev spin, even Kylo tried spinning. And it was a good trick.
>>
>>64015927
he fucking stopped blaster shot mid air, to think it was someone else doing on a different plannet... well thats quite a stretch
>>
>>64015927
Actually, I felt Snoke was helping Rey when she escaped.
She tried the Jedi mind trick three times before it worked, and it seemed like someone was puppeting the whole thing the third time.

As for Ren not being strong in the force?
He can freeze blasts in the air and hold people captive with his mind, or at least so it appears.
>>
WHO

FUCKING

CARES

STOP

FUCKING

POSTING

ABOUT

THIS

SHIT
>>
>>64015769
>She even makes the same face while fighting

She made the same face doing fucking anything
>>
Who is Palpatine?
That picture of Sheev and Ren though do have similarities.
>>
>>64016004
Stabbing and sneering could very well be genetic.
It's about personality.
Stabbers stab, sweepers sweep, runners run, flailers flay.
>>
>>64015769
>if places such as the Degobah Cave can be imbued with Force Energy, I don't see why one of the most historic artifacts in Jedi/Sith history wouldn't/couldn't be.
Kyber crystals, which are essential to lightsabers are already basically strong Force relics.
It's not too much a stretch to assume that they carry an imprint/powers of their former users.
>>
>>64016039
>he fucking stopped blaster shot mid air, to think it was someone else doing on a different plannet... well thats quite a stretch

Vader chokes someone from a planet away. Surely it's comparable, and that Snoke motherfucker better be more impressive than Ren.

My idea stands.
>>
>>64015927
That's been brought up before
>>
File: reference.png (2 MB, 1589x745) Image search: [Google]
reference.png
2 MB, 1589x745
>>64016059
>comes to an internet discussion board
>complains about coming to an internet discussion board
you're an idiot
>>
>>64016047
>>64015927
the thing about all these ideas, as with the idea of Rey having suppressed memories of being trained in piloting/the force, is that even if they're revealed to be true the movie fucked up as far as giving the information to the audience at the right time is concerned.
>>
File: Prince_Zuko.jpg (16 KB, 365x273) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Zuko.jpg
16 KB, 365x273
Kylo Ren is gonna become a good guy
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Rey or Kylo and just wants to find out who Snoke is?
>>
What about Rey being the lovechild of Luke and Leia.
That would be a twist, and not impossible.
Think about how it would have torn their family apart... could have caused Ben's breakdown.
Snoke sensed the Force Twin's Child, and hid her on Jakku.
Perhaps Snoke is playing games with everyone, even his own people, in order to take control of the Force Child.
>>
what is it about star wars that causes autism overload speculation shit?
>>
>>64016266
Yes. You are literally the only one.

Kill yourself special snowflake.
>>
>>64016191

Nice find. I remember this on the cover of my dad's VHS tape of it.

>dat upside down deathmoon
>dat Luke chest
>dat Slooty Leia
>>
Most realistic twist:
What if Rey is no one after all?
What if the Force is just using her?
What if it's seeking Luke out, and she's just an means to an end?
>>
>>64015927
This nigga think Orochimaru is helping Sasuke through the curse mark
>>
>>64016415

She's probably Luke's daughter.
>>
>>64016347
I see that you're new to shitposting
>>
>>64015769
>I think Rey is either the daughter [stasis] or granddaughter of Palpatine.

She is the only one that i've seen trying to stab with the lightsaber besides sheev.
>>
>>64016415
1. She is lukes daughter.

2. She has the force.

3. She is a mary sue.

This is capeshit in space, stop overthinking things.
>>
>>64015769
I thought it was quite brutal that Rey didnt so much want to hit Ren with the saber but STAB him with it with that evil look on her face.
>>
Snoke is Max Von Sydow's character hiding behind a projection screen, Wizard of OZ style?
Everything is a ruse to find Luke.
>>
I have proof that Luke is Sheev.

Listen to this excerpt of Luke's theme plaed really slow:

https://instaud.io/gwa

Now listen to Sheev's theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7c-n4k3XrU
>>
>>64016560
There is zero reason to believe that though.
It's all classic JJ Abrams red herring misdirection.
No one recognizes her.
If she was Luke's daughter, then why doesn't anyone know who she is?

Whoever had abandoned her and *never* came back HAD to be cold hearted.
>>
>>64016580
in early production he was known as The Vicar
>>
Snoke is actually Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>64016681
Leia, luke, they both know.

Why do you think they didnt day anything?

Remember what happened with kylo ren?

He traced his roots to his grandfather. And what happened once he did, you watched the movie right? That long emotional hug with leia, the memory
flashbacks with luke.

Maybe, just maybe part of the reason luke went in to hiding was to save rey from suffering the same fate as kylo.
>>
If:
She is Lukes daughter
and:
Rey is redeamed or Killed
and:
Snoke is killed
and:
that's the whole sequel, then the movies never needed to made, because that's not an interesting story.
>>
>Everyone is someone's relative and it just so happens that they all find each other through incredible coincidence and go on an adventure
>>
>>64016845
>Maybe, just maybe part of the reason luke went in to hiding was to save rey from suffering the same fate as kylo.

Except Rey and Ben are about the same age, and she was abandoned as a child, way before Ben became Ren.

Learn how time works please.
>>
>>64016845
Say*
>>
>>64016681
Sheev Palpatine's history is already Cannon, including his childhood and origins.
It's not part of the dismissed EU.
>>
>>64016926
What? Theres literally a flashback in the movie that shows the knights of ren attack lukes planet and rey getting abandoned.
>>
What about the end of the fight where she says "No, no, no! I am the dark lord of the sith sideous! SPPPOOOILLLLEERRRSSSS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I thought that gave it away.
>>
>>64017078
The flashback is completely out of order.
How can you not see that they're about the same age as adults?
And we don't see enough of anything to make the wild proclamations your irrational presuming ass is making.

Go back to /x/ -->
>>
>>64016908
This your first star wars?
>>
Ideally it would have worked like this

>Snoke
>Plagueis
>Sheev
>Vader
>Luke

then sheev killed plagueis and hired vader
>>
i think that characters from new star wars are based on video game characters.
rey - kotor (bastila/revan)
finn - jedi academy
kylo - the force unleashed / jedi knight
>>
>>64017174
So where does jar jar fit into this
>>
>>64017167
Theyre not the same age retard. Rey is roughly 11+ years younger than kylo. Read the novel fuck nut.
>>
>>64015769
Rey is related to Kylo Ren and Ep VIII is going to be a remake of Empire. That's too obvious to even be considered speculation.
>>
>>64016059
>Hundreds of threads about Star Wars in almost every board.
> "Who Cares?"
>>
>>64017167
>>64017497
Also Rey is abandonded at the age of 5. Making Kylo about 16 years old when he joined up with the knights of ren and killed lukes other apprentices.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.