[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready, /tv/? TERRAFORMARS by Takashi Miike https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Terraformars-760990675-large.jpg (117 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Terraformars-760990675-large.jpg
117 KB, 600x849
Are you ready, /tv/?

TERRAFORMARS by Takashi Miike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPXMtJNdxaQ
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's hilarious bad man, funny outfits, horrible CGI, it's a parody right?
>>
Has there ever been a good live action anime adaptation?
>>
>>64015004
ichi the killer

sorta
>>
>>64014876
>by Takashi Miike
Wow, he is really hit and miss.
>>
>>64015004
A couple of doramas.
>>
>>64015004

Sion Sono and Takashi Miike are the only ones crazy enough to make live action anime/manga movies entertaining with their absurd elements.

Even their serious shit has some batshit insane moment which is worth.
>>
>>64014876
>>64014876
>so many qts
>>
>>64015077
well, he directs like 5 movies a year . there is bound to be a lot of shit in there.
>>
File: laughing crazy.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing crazy.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>64015004
Akira
>>
>>64014876
Terrible trailer, but movie looks okay. Will pirate.
>>
>Takashi Miike
I'm in.
Granted, i've only seen a few of his movies (Auditions, Ichi the Killer and a couple others) but i've loved what i've seen so far.

Theres been quite a few other really fucked up movies asian gorefest i've loved, but I found out those were by Yoshihiro Nishimura.
>zombie ass: toilet of the dead, Tokyo Gore police, Meatball Machine
>>
Why live action. Wouldve been interested if it was simply anime, anime may be shameful, but live action stuff is just embarrassing.
>>
>that ending

brutal
>>
>>64015425
Because that exists already.
>>
>>64015004
Ping Pong, but that was before the anime adaption.
>>
>>64015425
Look at Roots, look at 12 Years A Slave, look at Glory. People like seeing basketball Americans being attacked in the flesh, not animated.
Takashi Miike is filling that niche.
>>
>>64015210
>Akira
>Live Action Adaptation

Nigga...
>>
File: Mvv4bx8.jpg (173 KB, 1200x1188) Image search: [Google]
Mvv4bx8.jpg
173 KB, 1200x1188
>>64015170
Have you seen his IMDB page?
Half of it is direct to dvd shit.
...yet somehow he manages to make enough money to make a movie every 4 months
He's a fucking machine
>>
File: Drake and Johj.png (595 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drake and Johj.png
595 KB, 1280x720
I dropped the ball hard on terraformars, I read up to the end of the second outing, I think, it was around the time that dude who had a costume and a facemask and lots of scars and controlled electricity was fighting, I just dropped it cause it had been like 3 months since a group had translated.

It came back recently under mangastream and i'm totally fucking lost.

this movie could go a lot of ways, but that johj teleport was just awful, I'm still optimistic though. Remains to be seen how the gore will be handled, I still remember the anime with the black dot, pic related, I only pray they don't off-screen a lot of it, or anything like that, the brutality is what makes it a shock.
>>
>>64016000
>Gore
>Takashi Miike

Don't worry, he knows what to do with that... At least he knew before...
>>
CGI is killing Japanese film industry even faster than shitty anime/manga adaptations and moeshit.
>>
>>64014876
>Takashi "Drown people in shit" Miike

fuck, this is going to be so bad
>>
File: CK3Z2AYUkAINwrJ.jpg (52 KB, 567x426) Image search: [Google]
CK3Z2AYUkAINwrJ.jpg
52 KB, 567x426
>>64016427

The casting is ok, there is Babel deaf girl and Ayy lmao wolverine girl too.
>>
>>64016533

I finished today Dead or Alive. Ending was stupidly great btw.

Are you me?
>>
>>64016706
No senpai, I watched Dead or Alive long time ago. Ending is fucking great, yeah.
>>
>>64017002

Ok, but I'm glad I understood your reference
>>
Why does Miike make these awful manga adaptations when he can do so much better
>>
>>64015077
except he's almost entirely miss
>>
>>64015004
Gantz/Gantz 2

Death Note/Death Note 2/Death Note 3
>>
based Takashi Miike
>>
>>64018739
my bf wants me to watch the death note movies,are they really good?
>>
>>64015004
Crows Zero
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.