[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Kurosawa a pleb or patrician? https://mubi.com/lists/aki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 16.jpg (251 KB, 1531x879) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
251 KB, 1531x879
Is Kurosawa a pleb or patrician?

https://mubi.com/lists/akira-kurosawas-top-100-films
>>
Entry level pleb shit
>>
Neither. Average guy that likes film but it's all pretty entry level
>>
>>64007763
What are some hardcore patrician films then?
>>
>>64008008
Some Wang Bing shit, Oxhide I and II, Kazuo Hara, João César Monteiro, Greenaway (only some), Pedro Costa. There are more but I'm too drunk to recall their names this was just off the top of my head
>>
>>64007672
Kurosawa only made glib fascimalles desu
>>
For the time and place he lived in absolutely.
>>
>>64007763
This. He's good, but a bad indicator of personal taste because just about everyone likes him, and few understand why he's important.
>>
Number one in about a Chinese man cucking a working class girl's father.
>>
>>64007672
Kagemusha is the only Kurosawa film that I respect
>>
>>64011236
Her cooking is the only part of your mum that I respect
>>
>>64008234
>Greenaway
Kill yourself
>>
>>64011480
whats the matter?
I said "some"
>>
I've watched Drunken Angel and Sanshiro Sugata the other day and they were pretty great, though of course his later films are much better. Throne of Blood remains my favorite.
>>
>>64011573
It should be none.
>>
>>64011601
Baby of Macon is great
8 1/2 women is a great comedy
>>
>>64011656
Pillow Book was god awful.
>>
>>64011819
Did I fucking mention Pillow Book?
>>
>>64012078
Did I mention the two films you said?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>64012078
I was justifying how he has some great movies. You just namedropped for no reason
>>
>>64008234
>foreigners
>>
>>64013425
>>64013220
I replied to the wrong post
>>
>>64013425
I wouldn't say your opinion of it is justification.
Anyways, we each gave a film and our opinion of it. How are our two posts and the points of them any different?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.