[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shopping in Target >browsing movies & tv section >mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
>shopping in Target
>browsing movies & tv section
>mom and 2 daughters close by
>overhear that they're looking for Star Wars complete set
>salesman says the only ones they have in stock are the prequel sets
>one of the girls says "no he doesn't want the prequels"
>other one blurts out "ahahahaha yeahhh nobody likes the first 3"
>mfw
>>
I'm sick of these star wars threads

/TV/ needs more cunny
>>
Fuck you /tv/ I like the prequels
>>
>>64007742
same. Clones is a great movie
>>
>>64007742
>>64009126
is this like a new epic meme where we pretend to like the prequels because TFA is being generally well received?

just trying to keep up here
>>
File: 1449627013335.jpg (27 KB, 367x276) Image search: [Google]
1449627013335.jpg
27 KB, 367x276
>>64009175
I liked the prequels after watching the originals and before watching tfa.
>>
>>64009175
No, people have always liked the prequels and have been vocal about it. You're seeing it as reactionary because you are a reactionary.
>>
they probably browse reddit
>>
>>64010827
>>64011263
I browsed /tv/ autistically for years and have never seen a SINGLE thread praising the prequels before TFA, Alwats funny memes, but never "they were good" EVER. So you can stop memeing now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!111 I can't form my own opinions lol11!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.

prequels4life
>>
>>64011330
Nope.

V>IV>VI>III>I>II>>>>>>>>>>>>VII

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Force Awakens Into Dark was lame.
>>
>>64009175
Tbqhwyf I liked the prequels but never said so on /tv/ out of fear of being ostracized
>>
>>64006705
Reported to the FBI.
I know you're probably not doing anything illegal, but enjoy being monitored ;)
>>
As someone who watched and loved the OT, the prequels aren't great(debatably not good) but not as horrible as people say. People put them in the league of shit like iron man 3, terminator 3, transformers sequels, 2012 etc, but that's an overexaggeration at best.

Nothing about vader as a kid or him as an autistic teenager really killed anything about vader in the ot, guess I just got over it
>>
>>64011354
the Plinkett reviews just articulated what was beforehand a general dissatisfaction with the prequels..
>>
>>64011356
The argument that's being made here is prequels are good though
They aren't
They're enormously flawed and you're fucking dumb if you say otherwise
>>
>mfw new hope and empire were the only ones i like
>>
>>64011354

Shit, fake looking cg and terrible acting and plot

Sorry you have shit taste
>>
>>64011330
That's because there was only the first 3 to compare them to. You need a point of comparison.
>>
>>64011356

Nice meme
>>
>>64011491
No star wars movie is good, though. Entertaining for an afternoon? Sure. Most movies are.
>>
>>64006705
go away you fucking pedo
>>
>>64011567
Some people have seen movies that aren't Star Wars. There's so many movies that aren't Star Wars
>>64011588
The original Star Wars is pretty fucking solid, bro.
>>
>>64011625
True, but you have to compare the new one to the prequels which makes the prequels look better by comparison.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.