[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Harrison Ford >Alec Guiness >Ewan McGregor >David
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
>Harrison Ford
>Alec Guiness
>Ewan McGregor
>David Prowse

Is there any more actors in Star Wars who hate the movies?
>>
>>64005191
Jake
>>
Any of the actors who are over the age of 18
>>
I don't think McGregor hates them, he's just kind of meh about them.
>>
>>64005191
Jake Lloyd.
I know Portman at least kind of regrets it.
>>
>>64005191
Alec Guiness didn't hate Star Wars. He just hated that that's all anyone remembered him for after he did it, because he was a pretentious old fuck
>>
i couldn't tell you actors but i think i know a new director who hates star wars and his name is similar to jewjew
>>
>>64005191
>>64005275
where the fuck did you get that Ewan doesn't like Star Wars? He loves Obi Wan so much he literally begs Disney to be in the origin movie.
>>
>>64005298

Well he was classically trained and had a pedigree in old fashioned theatre, old fashioned theatricals like him dedicate their entire life to acting in deeper way then most flick actors. His finest performance is his epitaph, and he was probably frustrated that his life/career was going to be summed up by star wars.
>>
>>64005298
He couldn't stand George Lucas, but he realised the film was going to be successful and negotiated a proportion of the profits.
>>
Harrison Ford is an old curmudgeon who hates everything and everyone
>>
>>64005191
Ewan and Alec love Star Wars. Alec is just like Harrison in that all they're remembered for is Star Wars.
>>
>>64005396
>Harrison is only remembered for Star Wars

Wat
>>
>>64005191
>Ewan McGregor
Why did he record a line for TFA then?
>>
>>64005340
Trank?
>>
>>64005191
Probably anyone who is actually a good or talented actor because SW is shit with an awful fan base.
>>
>>64005482
sinatra
>>
David Prowse is just a bitter old fuck because he wasn't the voice of Vader and is less well known than James Earl Jones.
>>
>>64005356
>Old crusty fuck can't stand younger, new people / things

Surprise!
>>
>>64005191
Alec is the only one who hates star wars on this list. He said its nothing but poorly writting garbage. Ewan actually likes being apart of star wars and wants his own Obi-Wan spin off movie. Harrison is indifferent about it.
>>
>>64005434
He's not, but that's how he himself personally feels, that he could never escape the persona of Han Solo, not even Indiana Jones was able to fully escape it.
>>
>>64005396
>Alec is just like Harrison in that all they're remembered for is Star Wars.
to be fair, the indiana jones trilogy and star wars were by far the best movies harrison has ever been in
>>
Natalie Portman hates it and claims no one takes her seriously or offers her good roles anymore because she was in such "terrible" movies
>>
>>64005642
This is downright bullshit though. Is the guy out of touch? Most people would easily say he's more Indiana Jones than Han Solo. And if he's not happy being remembered as an adventurous, handsome ubermensch every woman wants to fuck who kills people and gets away with it then I don't know what would make him happy. He's also been filthy rich for decades.

And the guy's still a miserable old coot. What the fuck? What does Harrison Ford want? An Oscar? Is this what Leo is gonna be like at 70?
>>
>>64005700
True.
>>64005708
The majority of people I've come into contact with know him as Han Solo more, but I suppose it relies on different regions.

As for why he's old and miserable, that's just what happens when you're old, you become miserable. Just imagine him and Clint Eastwood in the same room together.
>>
>>64005701

>won an OScar 5 years after Star Wars

okay then
>>
>>64005794
Yo remember when Clint was interviewing a chair like it was Obama
That was embarrassing as fuck senpai
>>
>>64005701
>has Oscars
>still gets roles
>is a Milf

k
>>
>>64005808
That anon is retarded but still

>Star Wars had come out … and everyone thought I was a horrible actress. I was in the biggest-grossing movie of the decade, and no director wanted to work with me. Mike wrote a letter to Anthony Minghella and said, ‘Put her in Cold Mountain, I vouch for her.’ And then Anthony passed me on to Tom Tykwer, who passed me on to the Wachowskis.
>>
>>64005611
Also David Prowse doesn't hate Star Wars, he just hates Lucas and Lucas Hates him.
>>
File: srs.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
Adam Driver(?)
>>
>>64005889
To be fair she was a horrible actress in the first one, she got better though. If anything TPM got her name out there at least, even if it was for being horrible.
>>
>>64005808
>>64005889
This is what happens when you're directed by George Lucas. He's a talentless hack and everyone will think you're a bad actor for getting shitty lines and being demanded shitty performances.

Portman was lucky enough to get another job later.
>>
>>64005700
What about Blade Runner or The Fugitive? The Conversation and Apocalypse Now too if you count when he wasn't the lead.
>>
>>64005969
You can't really act well with terrible dialogue.
>>
>>64006037
Nobody remembers him in Apocalypse Now, just the same as nobody remembers Johnny Depp in Apocalypse Now. It's a surprise every time seeing their names in the credits.
>>
>>64005191

Ewan doesn't hate shit

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ewan-McGregor-Down-More-Star-Wars-Here-What-He-Says-72190.html
>>
>>64005889
>And then Anthony passed me on to Tom Tykwer, who passed me on to the Wachowskis.
Is this talking about casting couches?
Just image Lana Wachowski eating her out
>>
>>64005275
Ewan hates it that much he did some voice work for episode 7 for free.
Yup
>>
>>64005191
ewan is based, what are you on about?
>>
>>64006142
>>64006543
I won't even be surprised if they cast him as obi wan in Episode 8
>>
>>64006584
guy looks exactly the same as he looked in prequels, fucking vampire
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.