[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best of 2015 threads >nobody ever mentions Chappie Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: chappie.jpg (123 KB, 623x923) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
123 KB, 623x923
>best of 2015 threads
>nobody ever mentions Chappie

Can we talk about this hidden gem?
>>
It wasn't that good
>>
>>64001312
Leave that shit alone. Go watch District 9 bro.
>>
>>64001312
I don't get the hate for this, I thought it was on par with District 9.
>>
>>64001312
I liked Chappie but the last ten minutes were a fucking mess to the point where I think Blomkamp didn't know how to end it.
>>
It was absolute crap. Uneven tone and the film itself couldnt decide what the fuck it wanted to be, only saving grace was Copley and Jackmans hammyness.

Had some of the worst written and performed lead actors in a film this year.

I gave Blomkamp a pass with Elysium but this solidified him as a hack
>>
>>64001312
It's better than TFA.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (50 KB, 391x385) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
50 KB, 391x385
>>64002204
You uncultured swine! Please tell me you didn't mean that.
>>
>>64002268
this.

But I still hope I can download Yolandi one day :3
>>
>>64001312

I liked it
>>
>>64001312
>hidden gem

Is this a joke? Chappie was ass. The characters were all over the place, everyone was either phoning it in or hamming it up with the exception of Die Antwoord, Die Antwoord is in the movie as an absolutely bizarre cross-promotion, everyone comes back to life st the red rendering the plot meaningless except there was barely a plot anyway, the story had no coherent overarching themes, etc.

Its only strengths were audio-visual and that Chappie himself was adorable. But that's not even close to nearly enough to compensate for literally everything else being shit.

Blomkamp's confirmed a hack.
>>
File: Ninja_Chappie.2015.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Chappie.2015.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>64001312
Chappie was great
>>
File: Chappie Police Force.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Chappie Police Force.webm
3 MB, 720x300
>>64003660
>>
>>64001312
loved it tbf, very predictable but who gives a shit, looking forward to seeing more movies with die antwoord
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.