[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw when you watched TFA you imagined the Plinkett review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10
File: Mike.jpg (130 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Mike.jpg
130 KB, 480x480
>tfw when you watched TFA you imagined the Plinkett review of it and Mike ripping it to shreds

will it happen bros?
>>
No. He's a fucking sellout that enjoyed the movie because "it's just a soft reboot bro". RedditLetterMedia is dead.
>>
File: 1450395129346.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450395129346.png
296 KB, 649x649
>caring about RLM
>>
reddit cuck memeia
>>
>Jew Jew Abrams follows the RLM playbook
>The film is still a piece of shit
>Mike: uhhhhhhhhhhh it's a soft reboot so it's ok for all this stupid shit to be in it
>Jay: that's right Mike
>(Rich laughs annoyingly)
>>
>>64000219
It wont happen

For this to happen the whole audience would have to start realizing how TFA was shit

At that point you would see a convenient video from this redditors with

>WE WUZ JOKINGS GUYZZZ, it's a bad movie
>>
>>64000219
Stoklasa liked it
They blew up a THIRD death star and he liked it
They created a protagonist with no flaws to overcome
They used only recycled plot elements
They attempted no world building
They produced a forgettable uninspired flashy GLIB reboot of Star Wars 1977
And Stoklasa liked it
>>
>>64000824
So did most people. You're not a special snowflake with some kind of superior taste just because you don't like the new popular thing, you're just an edgy attention-seeking faggot.
>>
>>64000824
He liked it because there were no fundamental flaws in the movie.

Rehashing old stories? Every story is a rehash of greek classics anyway. The point is that they rehashed it well
>>
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
They made that review at 4 AM right after having seen it.
I hope they come out with another one.
>>
>>64000824
Anakin was a Mary Sue in TPM. I expect we'll uncover her flaws in the next film.
>>
>>64000965
The flaw is that there is nothing interesting about the movie.
>>
>he made an episode VII half in the bag
>instead of a plinkett review
>"ehhh that'll be enough" *swallows a Zoloft*
Why is mike treating us like that? What's the point in living?
>>
>>64000231
>wahh he liked movie i didn't
>sellout
Autism
>>
>>64001048
How can he make a Plinkett review? It's not on home video yet.

Use your brain fagit
>>
>>64000965
The difference is that they copied a movie FROM THEIR OWN FRANCHISE beat for beat.
>>
>>64000965

this star wars movie is the rehash of another star wars movie. why do I need this one if I already have ANH?
>>
For better and worse they pretty much made VII exactly for critics like Mike. The prequel reviews are all about how they compare to the quality of the OT

JJ tried his hardest to make an OT style movie, maybe even go too far in a few places

If you ever thought Mike would hate this then you must not have even paid attention to the reviews
>>
>>64000824
He liked it because it's a good movie that actually feels like Star Wars. Only autists would nitpick a good movie for the sake of it.
>>
>>64001117
because a lot of the new characters(despite rey being a mary sue) are fun and different and the old cast overall works and adds to the movie

nothing groundbreaking but certainly an above average flick
>>
>>64001162
>feels like star wars
Where's the sense of wonder? Where's the new environments that look cool and have some sense of wonder and discovery?
Instead we got carbon copies of planets we saw in the OT.
The movie was straight boring when it came to the locales.
>>
Just re-watch the Star Trek: Into Darkness review and you'll see why he's a huge hypocrite. They even made a "Star Trek: Into Reference" Plinkett video
>>
>>64001120
This. The Force Awakens was literally an "apology" for the prequels, so they went back to the original movie and just copied that because that's what people like about Star Wars. They didn't want to do something new or creative, though ironically that's exactly what Star Wars used to be, they wanted to pander.
>>
>>64000942
>>64000965
>>64001162
You're going to love the FOURTH death star in episode nine. It can blow up Ten planets in one shot! Don't worry, it will FEEL like star wars!
>>
>>64000231
Look at this gay shit
>b-but he kike the movie guise. Hes an idiot. Wahhhh.

Kill yourself queer.
>>
>>64001009
Why, so they can tell you again how much they liked it?

its good.
>>
>>64001246
You got the "sense of wonder" when Rey saw a green planet for the first time in her life. Or when Starkiller Base absorbed an entire sun. Or when Kylo Ren used new force abilities the prequel villains didn't use because George was to uncreative to show us anything but OT force powers.
The OT planets didn't look better than the new ones either. And what about the PT looked good? It was nothing but a shitty CGI fest with boring characters and awfully stilted dialogue.
>>
File: 1419230757069.png (1019 KB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
1419230757069.png
1019 KB, 1365x767
>>64001391
I can't wait for !AT-ATs to attack !Hoth in the next movie
>>
>>64001186
Whats this mary sue shit everyone keeps saying.

Help me understand
>>
>>64001536
people think rey was too capable and didn't overcome obstacles. I think they compressed 2 movies of content and character development into 1 movie, which made everything incredibly rushed and ineffective. Either way, Rey was able to very quickly or immediately overcome everything that got put in her way, which ruined it for some people I guess. the amount of attention its getting is reaching meme levels though, to the point where people are nitpicking whether or not space magic is sufficient to have staff skills translate to saber skills in a fantasy movie.
>>
Star Wars fans are the biggest hypocrites. I'm not a prequel defender by any means, they're fucking awful, but blasting those movies for having too many references to the original trilogy and then praising TFA when it's literally a remake of ANH shows an amazing amount of cognitive dissonance. You fuckers never wanted something new, you just wanted the same shit as before.
>>
>>64001673
>but blasting those movies for having too many references to the original trilogy
That literally isn't what makes the prequels bad you fucking retard.
>>
>>64001768
I never said that was the only criticism, autist, but it is a big reason why the prequels are hated.
>>
>>64000219
No because he's apparently fine with the movie even though he acknowledged the confusion with the whole map plot and the basic politics and even which planets were destroyed. And the fanservice, and the "jokes" at the expense of an already boring protagonist's credibility (mind trick scene). Also the big fight with no stakes and its laughable ending, and the unironic destruction of the nth Death Star.

But it was unlike the prequels, therefore it's good.
>>
>>64000824
Disney money speaks louder than reason.
>>
>>64000219
Reddit loves the movie, and Mike doesn't want to lose this audience.
>>
Oh no, where will you look for validation now?
>>
>>64001391
lol
>>
Can we all agree that Rich was the true genius behind the Plinkett reviews? Mike has always cared way more about Star Trek than Star Wars.
>>
>>64001955
Grasping for straws: the post
>>
>>64001026
>taking TPM as a point of references for anything
>>
>>64001186
Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh, that oragnge Yoda in glasses (how was the shit's name) is suuuuuch a good character, and young spanish Ep6 Han Solo is sooooooo new and exciting. Eat shit.

>>64001162
>feels like Star Wars
I remember Star Wars felt like a whole new mindblowing world built by imagination. TFA feels like rehash of that one. Sure it has some elements to make it Star Wars(TM), but it feels nothing like it.
>>
>>64002074
was Rich even in the plinkett reviews?
I like that Rich had more balls than Mike and stated that "it was just a well made movie"
>>
>>64001391
This. This and this.
>>
>>64002170
Rich wrote the Plinkett reviews with Mike.
>>
lmao at people thinking the OT was an original story
It's basically the arthurian legend in space with lots of plot devices that were already commonplace at the time.

It's still good though
>>
>>64000219
a
>>
GLIB
>>
There'll probably be a Plinkett review at some point, but it'll be more like the Star Trek or Titanic reviews, mostly positive with maybe a few nitpicks thrown in. Which is totally fair.

What so many of you faggots don't realize is that like 80% of the criticisms in the Plinkett reviews are just for fun. The little nitpicks don't matter at all. What does matter are the big issues like the poor characterization, the flawed premise (Vader is the center of the universe and everything revolves around getting Anakin in the suit), the overuse of green screen, the editing, etc. All of those were basically fixed in TFA. There's still plot holes, there's still things to nitpick, but they're much less important compared to the flaws of the prequels.
>>
File: xM3aMdN.jpg (319 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
xM3aMdN.jpg
319 KB, 1024x1024
>Dr. Abrams, I'm MAX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyQRp_1PjbU
>>
>>64002087
All of those points were points considered inconsequential in RLM's episode, but they also would not be unlike any criticisms you might find in a Plinkett review. It's hypocritical. Or at least that says flaws in a movie are fine when you like the characters.
>>
They mention an email from Disney at the end of the video? What is that about?
>>
>>64002511

I really don't get why Mike liked it that much, I'm with Rich on that one, it was okay.

But I'm not that old, seems like nostalgia is a helluva drug?
>>
>>64001391
I wonder, will they make the other C3PO arm green?

Need to sell those toys yo
>>
>>64002547

It' about a thing called "joke"
>>
>>64001391
BRAVO JJ, BRAVO, looking forward to your next masterpiece

I also heard you're interestend in Dune, please, ruin that franchise too
>>
>>64000231
>he liked a movie I didn't
>WHAT A FUCKING SELLOUT
>>
File: swn.jpg (29 KB, 620x341) Image search: [Google]
swn.jpg
29 KB, 620x341
Star Wars Episode IX

Director: Mike Stoklasa
>>
>>64002625
more like
>he ignored the obvious flaws in a mediocre movie because it's not a prequel so it'll get a pass by default

Go ahead now, post RT score and le contrarian meme
>>
File: hansolo-74324.jpg (18 KB, 782x820) Image search: [Google]
hansolo-74324.jpg
18 KB, 782x820
>>64000219
>tfw there's people genuinely stupid enough to believe TFA is as bad as the prequels, let alone not the best Star Wars film to date
>>
>>64002725
ignore the obvious bait, anons
>>
>>64002759
Agreed. Should have ignored the OP
>>
>>64001026
No, no he wasn't. Gosh I wish I was home to copy and paste but on with the theatrics and stuff: Anakin by his, his mom's and his boss' admission spoke of how (Your Gary Stu and our Anakin) the young chap wrecked several pod racers and had never in all that time, won a race. Sure he, being a child of the force had a gift for the force but George realistically made said gift no more than a sixth sense so that Anakin at MOST had a faster reaction time. No human had ever piloted a pod before nor could they because their reaction time was too slow. where as Anakin's reaction time was no greater than his opponents' speed. AMAZINGLY, even with said gift Anakin wasn't a Mary Sue at All but had to, through trial and tribulation PRACTICE how to not crash his pods. Even further, in the final battle and by his own admission, the controls of the fighter were similar to a pod's lay out. The fighter was taken to the battle remotely and Anakin had to use his TRAINED ABILITIES AND SKILLS WHICH HE PRACTICED TO THE TUNE OF SEVERAL WRECKED PODS, to avoid all attacks which for his trained reflexes would have been no different than avoiding debris and obstacles during his races. Further still, he only happened upon the cruiser because he was being chased and burdened R2 with the weapons activations because their engines had over heated. he fired repeatedly at dozens of driods and accidentally blew up a fuel tank. And c3po was a.mess of a construction and was clunky to say the least. More tinkering and praticing and at his best a clunky mess. If anything Jar Jar was a Mary Stu.
>>
>>64002871
>he doesn't know we can see posters count

TFA is garbage. Sorry Jabba
>>
>>64002691
>please argue with me. Please?

Nys
>>
>>64001485
Rey was less interesting than any prequel character. Starkiller base was a shitty plot device that held no tension because they played it out like the 4th death star that it is. mind reading in the force isn't new you retard, i can read your mind right now and i can't see anything happening, what a surprise.

say what you will about the prequels, but jewjew didn't do anything to rectify the inherent problems that those movies had. rather he took the easy way and managed to make a movie WORSE than the prequels with the shitty forced characters that pander to a much larger, yet uninterested demographic. JJ tried to make it seem like the prequels never happened and this would wipe the slate clean. unfortunatly this shit steals scenes out of the OT without actually understanding what made those scenes good. instead we get the pandering shit fest of Harrison Ford doing some shit straight out of GotG when they could have been exploring snoke, who because of this, is just a stale boring cardboard cutout of a villain. even fucking grevious had more character and depth than fucking snoke. all the villians in 7 are a fucking joke, and as such there is a complete loss of tension.

here i am typing all this shit out and i doubt it's going to even penetrate your thick skull. i wish i could enjoy the level of ignorance and lack of critical thinking that you do.
>>
>>64001391
You can like something overall and still find significant flaws in it you dichotomous mouthbreather
>>
>>64001391
starkiller base was the 4th death star blown up. TPM had one too
>>
RedditLetterMedia
>>
>>64003094
>implying there's a single character in TFA less interesting than anyone in the prequels

rewatch the movies you gooby, every character might as well be a wooden plank
>>
>>64000219
He liked it but could still potentially do it. Afterall he didn't hate Titanic but the review is still good. It just won't be as fun as the prequel reviews because it isn't nearly as bad.
>>
>>64003094
He's talking about holding the blaster shot in air, as well as holding Poe and Rey like that.

It was pretty damn interesting to say the least.

And yes, George is a moron who couldn't go forward, he actually thought that the duel between Vader and Luke in Empire was ruining the movie.
>>
>>64002691
No, he didn't. The only thing that can be said to be a flaw is the similarity to ANH, but as he said it's a soft reboot. Death Star-ripoffs are common in Star Wars lore, anyway.
>Death Star II
>Star Forge
>Sun Crusher
>Mass Shadow Generator

The list goes on. TFA didn't do anything other successful Star Wars media hasn't done before.
>>
File: gary_stu.png (423 KB, 599x436) Image search: [Google]
gary_stu.png
423 KB, 599x436
>still debating the merits of a trilogy of movies that will never be referenced again
>>
>>64003094
>WORSE than the prequels
Is this bait? You can't be this delusional.
>>
As has been shown in the video games, a good Star Wars story can be told without resorting to "muh death star" or "muh parent-offspring conflict". There is literally an entire galaxy to work with and they purposely chose to rehash the same bullshit we've seen 6 times before.
>>
>>64003867
>making an entire galaxy feel like state-hopping is a STYLISTIC CHOICE, shitlord
>>
>>64003867
>shown in the video games
>>
>>64000258
>Posting an image of some black guy.
>>
>>64000219
>TFA review comes out
>RLM views drop by 50%

Git rekt RLM
>>
>>64005205
that's Little Duck the Baptist u plen
>>
>>64000986
based
>>
File: xnek.jpg (173 KB, 490x450) Image search: [Google]
xnek.jpg
173 KB, 490x450
Why do people think Mike enjoying it means no Plinkett review? He enjoyed Indiana Jones and Titanic and he still ripped them to shreds. Actually the second half of the Titanic review is "why the movie fucking sucks".

I'm sure he'll do the same for this too. If it's a good movie it can still have problems and he'll probably go in to how it's too safe, pointless and just a cashgrab.
>>
>>64000219
If you watch his reviews, all the things Plinkett cares about were nailed properly in The Force Awakens. The only issue would be Mary Sue, but Finn is another protagonist that works well and carries where Rey faltered. The story is pretty straight forward, and not too complex, and the characters are fun and unique.

Plinkett never said he loved unique world's or the star wars extended universe or any of that.
>>
>>64003557
>if it's a superweapon it's a Death Star rip off

fuck off

the Sun Crusher was literally the size of a starfighter
>>
>>64000219

Why would I give a shit what a reviewer thinks.
If Ive just watched a movie the only review that matters is my own, not some fat autist who posts YouTube videos
>>
File: bait_of_the_utmost_quality.jpg (14 KB, 366x366) Image search: [Google]
bait_of_the_utmost_quality.jpg
14 KB, 366x366
>>64001162
>feels like Star Wars
>>
>>64001930
Out of all my time on /tv/, the Internet in general, and discussing with people irl about them the references were something never brought up
>>
>>64002613

I honestly cant wait for abrams to fix dune. The movies just won't do justice to the books until hes at the helm.
>>
>>64000219
A year from now when it comes to DVD.
>>
>>64005505
Post more of that aroused confused anime girl senpai
>>
Maybe you should have just, I don't know, watched the movie
>>
I go to admit a lot of you guys are super dedicated to being contrary to popular opinion

>TFA is worse than the prequels

Haha good one guys :)
>>
File: 1436168761230.png (126 KB, 210x339) Image search: [Google]
1436168761230.png
126 KB, 210x339
>>64000219
Seeing as how Mike liked it so much, I guess it's time for Rich to step up to the plate and fulfill his destiny.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.