[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OBJECTIVE BEST WAY TO WATCH THE STAR WARS SAGA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
>1. The Phantom Menace
2011 Blu Ray

>2. Attack of the Clones
2011 Blu Ray

>3. Revenge of the Sith
2011 Blu Ray

>4. Star Wars
1997 "Special Edition" VHS release
"muh Han shot first". Deal with it. It's a small price to pay for an objectively superior Death Star Space battle.

>5. The Empire Strikes Back
2004 DVD release

>6. Return of the Jedi
1995 "THX Widescreen Edition" VHS Release

>7. The Force Awakens
2D showing In Theaters
to my knowledge there is no 2D imax version of TFA, There is 3D imax, but the imax doesn't make up for the 3D cancer

While we are on the subject, the fan made "despecialized" editions of the original trilogy are a neat experiment but nothing more. They jump between various video feeds too often and it's distractedly noticeable. What's more, they stick almost universally to the oldest iterations of certain scenes, even when later interpretations (improved ANH Death Star Battle, McDiarmid's insertion into TESB as Sheev, etc.)

Laserdisc fags pls go. Your cuts of the original trilogy only look superior in select scenes that can be counted on two hands.
>>
>>63999089
yes, sort of. As long as I don't see a fucking clay emperor I will be happy with this.
>>
Switch The Phantom Menace with the VHS release.

Puppet Yoda > CG Yoda
>>
File: Opening_Crawl.jpg (24 KB, 410x475) Image search: [Google]
Opening_Crawl.jpg
24 KB, 410x475
>still referring to episode 4 as "Star Wars"
There's being nostalgic and then there's just being rediculous. At this point, when there's now 7 and soon to be 9 films, it's overly complicated to not use "A New Hope" especially when it's smack dab in the middle.
>>
>>63999089
Why even watch the prequels at all?
>>
>>63999362
>why even watch the prequels at all?
SHORT ANSWER:
You're right, they're overall not worth it

LONG ANSWER:
Darth Maul Saber Fight
Jango vs Obi
Battle of Geonesis
Pretty much every action scene in ROTS
AAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHHH

SPOILER ANSWER:
Sheev's master is confirmed for final boss of the new trilogy, so it might be good to refresh up
>>
File: Hot_Lips_Snootles.png (3 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Lips_Snootles.png
3 MB, 1918x816
Which version of ROTJ added this cancerous shit?
>>
>>63999562
When did he ever claim to be an expect?
>>
>>63999598

1997 SE
>>
File: 1435216624932.jpg (18 KB, 396x386) Image search: [Google]
1435216624932.jpg
18 KB, 396x386
>>63999562
>deleting your post because you're embarrassed
What a kuck
>>
File: get.jpg (58 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
58 KB, 640x450
Name me 5 things wrong with this version/s
>>
>>63999089
BEST WAY TOO WATCH COMING THROUGH
>>
>>63999690
That's not widescreen
>>
>>63999239
puppet was stupid as fuck and i laughed at it when it came out

get lost faggot
>>
>>63999362
>perfect set up of the empire
>perfect representation of how blind the jedi were
>awesome as fuck infinite war between clones and droids

i bet you liked TFA
>>
>>64000017
>all this delusion
4/10 you got me
>>
>>63999690
1. Yoda is barely in VI but is on the cover
2. Not widescreen
3. Your shitty cousin who happens to be over for Thanksgiving has been bugging you for about an hour to do something fun and, being the sentimental sap you are, and seeing as it's 1996, you decide to watch Star Wars on VHS. Little do you know is that your shit cousin really is a little shit, an absolute shitstain, a homewrecker in training, the worst of the worst. He sees you get the VHSes out and, being a little shit, says he can put them in himself. And you, being your 1996 self, naively believe that you can use this opportunity to grab some Chex Mix or Bugles or maybe even some Fruit Gushies from the pantry while your cousin sets up the TV and VHS. And then you return to the TV room, snacks in hand, ready to watch your favorite movies, when all of a sudden you see the entire floor is covered with magnetic VHS tape. Your shitty cousin has unwound every VHS tape and has that shiteating grin on his face. The grin that lets you know he'll blame you for this later and there's no way out because in the eyes of the rest of your family, your cousin is a saint and and an angel who would never lie and never do something like this. Something that would never happen if you had waited a few years for the DVD versions.
4. Prone to tape degradation over time.
5. Probably hard to find and expensive nowadays.
>>
File: 1412883420247.gif (1 MB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
1412883420247.gif
1 MB, 330x275
>>64000076
Okay, I'll bite and show you how dumb you fucking are for not seeing how amazing the prequels are, bad acting and CGI aside.

The Republic and confederacy are played against eachother by palpatine and his master plagueis AKA snoke because the republic and jedi are shown to already be corrupt. This is shown in phantom menance during a LEGAL BLOCKADE, something ridiculous and causing thousands of deaths every day. The jedi, instead of solving the situation are always just looking for order and control when there are serious problems to be solved. Whenever the republic will try and solve something through an actual democratic vote, they overrule it because essentially, the government is run by religious fanatics. Through this an infinite war can start, where no matter how many times one side wins, the other can always return. This infinite war was the perfect way palpatine could weaken the jedi, as they would be the only people dying that weren't replaceable. The jedi even realize this, which was a brilliant idea by George, because no matter how much they know, they don't ever know enough to act, and they constantly must follow their own republics rules, which are wrong rules in the first place. Even anakins cringyness is good throughout the movies, because it shows how unstable he was from the fucking get go. It shows how him being a slave and losing his mother when he promised to save her messed him up bad, but being a jedi, he was expected to bottle up and control his emotions. His insane attachment to Padma also fueled his crazy mindset, making him think he was above the law of the jedi now. When he was about to lose it all, palpatine was the only one there for him, and he pledged without hesitation. Fucking amazing movies, if they had the level of CGI that TFA has, they would be infinitely better than the originals.
>>
>>63999089
why would i want to watch ANH twice?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.