[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Reddit Letter Media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1437504048937.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437504048937.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan?page=3

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!1111 I can't form my own opinions lol111!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.

prequels4life
>>
File: 3508439399_fab030ceed.jpg (101 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
3508439399_fab030ceed.jpg
101 KB, 392x500
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0buC_H0CQ
>>
Nobody in the real world, and half the people here, don't give a shit about the fuckwits.

People hate the prequels because they're straight up terrible pieces of shit. My dad hated Ep1 so much he didn't see 2 or 3. Not because he saw the fucking RLM shit.
>>
Stop spamming your copypasta nobody cares
>>
>>63998006
I lmao at RLM when I first saw the videos, but it didn't make me hate or like the prequels anymore or less.
>>
>>63998006
the reason you think this is because the people talking about and posting on the internet about the prequels saw them as little kids. it took them a lot longer to form negative opinions of them, because the films are visually spectacular and full of action and battles that little kids love. kids are used to glazing over during the "boring" scenes of movies. when I used to watch the OT as a kid, I'd always play with toys and get distracted during the scenes with luke and sheev and vader in ep 6. even as a 12 year old, I used to skip the frodo scenes when watching LOTR dvd's because they were boring.

a whole generation of kids grew up enjoying the prequels. then they reached their mid teens and got on the "prequels are bad" bandwagon, without really knowing why the prequels are bad. teens just like fitting in. then these same kids saw the plinket reviews at JUST the right age, and suddenly understood the collective hate for the movies that they had been blindly participating in for so long. the plinket reviews were probably a lot of peoples first exposure to critical film analysis.
>>
The prequels and rlm are both absolute garbage and you should kill yourself if you enjoy either of them
>>
>>63998006

Since your millenial nostalgia faggotry will undoubtedly get 300 replies anyway

90% of the people I know that like Star Wars claim to hate the prequels. And yet I have only met one other person who has seen the Plinkett reviews.

I'll admit that prequel hatred has become a meme in its own right (see Nickelback, Dane Cook, etc) but blaming it on Plinkett is retarded. The VAST majority of people have no interest in sitting down to watch a 90 minute YouTube film review.

The prequels are objectively shit films though and whining about how people don't like the movies you loved so much as a 7 year old isn't going to change that.
>>
Fuck off colo claw fish
>>
>>63998618

Stoklasa even says the beginning that he's trying to articulate why people hate them so much and just throws a bunch of reasons out there.

People link to the reviews because they analyze exactly what's wrong with the films and put to words what people disliked but were unable to articulate.

The Plinkett reviews only explain a hatred that had already existed long before 2009.
>>
m8 you keep forgetting to put /prequel love/ in the thread title

and for the record i love the star wars reviews by plinkett AND i love the prequels
>>
>>63998006
We get it. You love the prequels. You don't have to make this many threads about it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.