[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone complain if he played obi wans force ghost in episode 8?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 786x393
Would anyone complain if he played obi wans force ghost in episode 8?
>>
Its that or a cgi alec guinness and he was the best part of the prequels so i think its ok
>>
It would be weird for him to be younger than Luke
>>
Nah, it will just be canon that force ghost looks younger when blablablabla
>>
>>63997381
Lucas already retconned old force ghost Anakin, might as well retconn old force ghost Obi Wan.
>>
>>63997381

only if he's in makeup that makes him look like old obi from IV
>>
>>63997444
>Disney replaces old Obi Wan with young Obi Wan in ESB and RotJ
>>
If he's gonna dish out advice to Rey he could easily just have a throwaway line like "I come to you now as I was in my prime" or something.

Like, Luke saw old Obi Wan because that was the Obi Wan he knew... but I guess that doesn't explain either of the ways he saw Anakin
>>
>>63997476
>All Alec Guinness scenes in ANH are replaced with greenscreened Ewan MacGregor
>>
>>63997512

>they change his dialogue to fit how anakin was actually portrayed and explain why there's a jedi training ball on the millennium falcon
>>
>>63997545
>He was a little shit Luke, a little bitch with no backbone
>>
We need an anthology movie with him as the protagonist

Spaghetti Western directed by Alfonso Cuaron

I'd be thrilled to have him as a force ghost, though. I'll take anything, really
>>
File: dti.gif (898 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
dti.gif
898 KB, 245x150
Why is he so high and grounded senpai
>>
none of you heard his voice say "these are your first steps" to rey
>>
>>63997749
You've got a pretty gap to fill between episode III and episode IV.

Imagine Obi Wan going from small town to small town on Tatooine fighting all sorts of outlaws.
>>
>>63997806
I didn't realize it was him when I saw it first. To be fair I was drinking whiskey and vaping weed in the theater. When I saw the news report that it was him my heart soared
>>
>>63997806
Yes we did you stupid fucking cunt why do you think OP even brought it up.
>>
>>63997845
Maybe something involving that dragon creature he imitates in IV to scare the tusken raiders away
>>
>>63997806
>lying on the internet
>>
>>63997933
>being a retard on the internet
>>
File: hayden_christensen.jpg (133 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
hayden_christensen.jpg
133 KB, 1296x730
I want this guy to come back now that Lucas and his god awful dialogue are gone.
>>
>>63999174
>It's a Hayden did nothing wrong post
He delivered every line like he was on nyquil
>>
Could they not just have him say "I'm appearing younger because I feel like it" or whatever?
>>
>>63999174
>They report: "A team in the U.K. are soon heading to the U.S. to begin training Hayden Christensen for a Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort."

It's happening.
>>
>>63999174
He's a fucking awful actor even with good direction/dialogue stop bumming over him, he's Jake Lloyd tier
>>
>>63999234
Thank you, my Lord.
>>
File: top sheev.jpg (284 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
top sheev.jpg
284 KB, 1600x1200
>>63999213
>He delivered every line like he was on nyquil
four words:
cut and try again

working with George Lucas is poetry
>>
They just fucking reboot A New Hope and people don't seem to give a fuck. At this point they can do whatever they want and everybody will suck their dick and buy BB-8 oranges.
>>
>>63997381
They're just gonna give him some old person makeup and it'll be fine. Obviously we can't bring back Alec Guiness
>>
>>63997436
>>63997444
Anakin's force ghost retcon makes sense. He wouldn't look like the original actor without the scarring since he never looked like that anyway. And he wouldn't look like Vader in the movie because that doesn't make sense. It's said multiple times that Anakin died when he became Vader. Sure, Vader was nice for like 2 minutes and was kinda redeemed, but he wasn't the same as Anakin pre-Vader. .

Obi Wan has to be old. I don't think he has to be Alec though. Ewan looks close enough, just age him up. And it's not like he would have to replace Alec's force ghost in any way. They can play the same character at the same stage in life/death.
>>
>>63997381
Yes because Luke never met young Obi-Wan

Seeing him for a few minutes as a new born doesn't count

/thread
>>
>>63997845
Wasn't there a book that had this happening?

and how he took the moniker "Ben"
>>
I'd rather have Hayden come back as a force ghost so he can personally knock some sense into Kylo Ren desu. "I was a good guy all along" type shit
>>
>>64000315
omg yes!
>>
File: obi_one_two_corrected.jpg (469 KB, 637x956) Image search: [Google]
obi_one_two_corrected.jpg
469 KB, 637x956
>>63997381
Nope. McGregor as Obi-Wan was alright. It also wouldn't be a stupid retcon (like replacing Sebastian Shaw with Christensen) but rather a viable alternative to CG Alec Guiness.
>>
File: hershlag_bellybutton.jpg (129 KB, 615x1000) Image search: [Google]
hershlag_bellybutton.jpg
129 KB, 615x1000
>>63997381
There were basically three good things to come out of the prequels:
1. Sheev
2. Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan
3. qt Hershlag (not as a character but as walking eye-candy)

If any of those three were to reappear in some shape or form I wouldn't mind.
well, I also wouldn't mind a Qui-Gon force ghost cameo, even though Qui-Gon Jinn was basically a "Let's do this – Oh, wait... that didn't work out so well"-character, but hey, it's still Liam Neeson after all
>>
Face it, Disney doesn't have the balls to touch any the prequel content.

Trust me, there will never be any prequel related media in the new Star Wars Cinematic Universe (tm).

There will never be any new ideas or designs not heavily based on the characters, themes, maguffins or physical objects found in the original trilogy for the new Star Wars Cinematic Universe (tm).

They will continue to play it super safe and make tons and tons of money until they don't. Why would they do it any other way? For the "art"? There is no such thing as art, only money.
>>
>>64000315
>"I only turned to the dark side because I cared about my family."
>"But I just killed my father because I care about the dark side--"
>"You fucked up nigger."
>>
>>63997806

Bruh, he actually came in and recorded the line.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3369977/Return-Jedi-JJ-Abrams-confirms-Yoda-Alec-Guinness-Ewan-McGregor-s-Obi-Wan-Kenobis-hidden-Force-Awakens.html

I really like that they did this, and didn't pussy out and completely ignore the prequels.
>>
>>64002100
>there will never be any prequel related media in the new Star Wars Cinematic Universe (tm).
If that were true they wouldn't have brought Ewan back to voice Obi-Wan in TFA. It shows they are at least open to the idea. He'll probably at least make a cameo in Rogue One.
>>
CGI Alec Guiness using edited lines or nothing desu senpai
>>
>>64000174
I wanna see force ghost baby Anakin and force ghost Baby Obiwan get into mischief
>>
>>63997476
>>64002100

RIGHT BECAUSE DISNEY EFFECTS MARVEL BUSINESS DECISIONS RIGHT? WOW UR DUMB
>>
>>64002432
>Force detective spin-off
>Literally Yu-Yu-Hakusho with Jedis
Get on it Kathleen
>>
>>64002357
ewan acting with alec's face cgi mixed with his own
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.