[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like Netflix junkies will happily consume whatever shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: weqwe.jpg (40 KB, 725x471) Image search: [Google]
weqwe.jpg
40 KB, 725x471
It seems like Netflix junkies will happily consume whatever shit is thrown at them now

>10% formulaic story telling
>90% episode filler

Why are these Marvel soap operas rated among great shows like Breaking Bad, GoT and Dexter?
>>
reported. this thread has nothing to do with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Stay off this board if you aren't going to discuss Disney's new blockbuster.
>>
>>63996053
>GoT great
>>
>>63996053
It was ok, move on. 7/10
>>
>>63996053

>breaking bad, got, dexter
>great

hello reddit
>>
>>63996053
>Dexter, GoT
>great

People like shoveling crap into their mouths. At least it's not completely shit like Arrow and Flash.
>>
>>63996053
I didn't watch it because I'm a highly intelligent person who finds it hard to make the mental descent required to watch the childish Superhero genre.
>>
>>63996096
>>63996221
>>63996268

Should've known this would make you uncultured downies bite.

How about you talk about why this show is getting high ratings?
>>
>>63996053
JESSICA 'BLACKED' JONES
>>
>>63996053
You didn't like it cause of BLACKED. Cry more faggot.
>>
>>63996053
absolutely disgusting feet
>>
>>63996327
Boobs
>>
>>63996374
They don't even show her tits. They show more of the black guy ffs
>>
>doesn't like soap operas
>likes GoT and Dexter

Alright.
>>
>>63996397
Was referring to GoT which I thought the replied to comment was about
>>
Because Daredevil was solid and fresh and Jessica Jones may be the best written female character on cable television since Homeland's Carrie Mathison?
>>
In hindsight Dexter was never a great show. Season 1 was really great but everything after is just TV trash.
>>
>>63996405
How is GoT even remotely like a soap opera?

In Jessica Jones, you have cheap sets, same location and a boring excuse for a plot.
>>
>>63996522
>A soap opera, soapie, or soap is a serial drama on television or radio which features related story lines about the lives of many characters. The stories usually focus on emotional relationships to the point of melodrama.[1]
>>
>>63996053
I dont even care about the blacked scenes, its the story that is so garbage that made me stop watching around episode 5. She was at killgraves house and could have shot the nigga easy, but no she wants to free that one chick of her crimes for murdering her parents. The chick is obviously fucked up and is gonna live a shitty life no matter what. With this logic they are allowing killgrave to fuck up dozens of more lives to save this one dumb bitch from a prison sentence.

Terrible, Terrible story
>>
>>63996506
>everything after season 2
FTFY
>>
File: 1440538430380.jpg (27 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
1440538430380.jpg
27 KB, 480x259
>>63996053
>GoT
>Dexter
>great shows
>>
>>63996537
As well as B-grade actors, cheap sets and a stretched out story over hundreds of episodes.

An no, I don't need to paste shit from google because I'm not mentally deficient
>>
Her foot game is awful
>>
>>63996053
I just hate the fawning attention any Netflix thing gets from its worshippers. "Master of None - truest immigrant story ever!" "House of Cards, like Game of Thrones but in DC!" "OITNB - Best characters, must watch all episodes in one sitting while eating tubs of ice cream!"

Give me a break!
>>
>>63996605
>posts a spongebob jpg
>>
>>63996647
Or the definition doesn't fit with your shitty reality?

Fair enough, m8.
>>
>>63996053
Wait, this is not good? But you guys told me it was good. Like House of Cards, Breaking Bad, GoT good. And now it's not?
>>
>>63996483
Fargo has better written female characters then both these shows. And it's a good show.
>>
>>63996761
So you're saying my definition is wrong?
>>
>>63996506
Dexter ended on the second season which was the best.
>>
>>63996668
>implying Beasts of No Nation doesn't deserve the attention it gets

It was one of the better films to come out in 2015.
>>
>>63996811
Yep.

They have great actors, believable sets, and focused stories.

You're really going to put Dexter (especially the later seasons) to that same test?

Don't get me started on all the terrible shows that have all those qualities and aren't soap operas. Stop using words you don't actually know the meaning of.

Shit that new telenovela show IS a soap opera and has an a-lister at the helm and a shitload of network money being pumped into it to get the hispanic demographic.
>>
>>63996594
>>63996817

yes season 2 was great because of based Doakes but it was definitely pure TV trash
>>
>>63996506
idk i still enjoyed it but i do agree that season 1 was great
>>
>>63996792
Daredevil is good, JJ isn't.
>>
>>63996943
Watched first episode of DD.

>he refuses to use any weapons even though cold-blooded killers are using guns and knives against him.
>crinegy generic bad guys (all foreigners with bad accents)
>unrealistic relationships

no thanks I don't want to see a bad 80's crime show
>>
>>63996053
>great shows like Breaking Bad, GoT and Dexter

out of all the shows you could have listed... how about something with even a tiny bit of artistic integrity

next time, maybe try The Leftovers, Fargo, and Mr. Robot
>>
>>63996053
>liking popular show
This is all you're going to get from /tv/ with a smug Chinese cartoon girl or something
>>
>>63996647

>b-grade actors
>stretched out storylines

game of thrones for sure.

they do have mostly nice sets though. Its a high budget soap opera that started off for men but began pandering to women as well in season 3
>>
>>63997124
>Gosh GoT is so mainstream, I hate it and that makes me interesting and different
>I love Mr. Robot because I am an intellectual and also hip

>>>Tumblr
>>
Expectations. Jessica Jones is good and Daredevil is great if you go into them expecting standard Marvel quality.
>>
>>63996053
It's a capeshit show for tumblrinas.
Why do you even watch something thats not even targeted to your demo?
>>
>>63997194
he was upping the bait ante, what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>63996053
WTF is with that Aus chick who can't even learn an American accent for a TV show?

It's fucking irritating. Either learn the accent or speak like an aussie. Don't half-ass it like a fucking rookie
>>
I'm six episodes in and i feel like they should
be wrapping things up but there's somehow still half a season left
>>
>>63997550
Don't finish it. It's an 8 episode series that got stretched to 13. When they start introducing the villain 's parents, you know they're just filling time. Also characters turn evil for no reason other than to have an excuse to kill them off. It was a horrible show. Krysten Ritter is a model, not an actress. Her performance consisted of unrequited bitchiness toward everyone and not toward BLACKED because the script said so. The twist ending you're expecting? There's no twist. There's never a twist at all.
>>
>>63996053
>Implying Dexter isn't 70% filler after season 1.
>>
>>63996053
It's like pop-music. Just because a lot of people like it, doesn't mean it's the best... or even good.
>>
>>63997966
>that blacked excuse
>expecting a twist ending
you sound really dumb
>>
>>63996053
>people will consume whatever is new
... welcome to the entirety of human history?
>>
>>63998045
More like 100%. As every season after the first is just a retread of the first season, differentiated only by the actors playing the stock roles.
>>
>>63999775
Do you know how many TV shows don't make it past the pilot episode? You don't because you never hear about them.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.