[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was the worst of all of them. Seriously. I'm not trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 34
It was the worst of all of them. Seriously. I'm not trying to be a contrarian cunt, but this made me appreciate the prequels way more.

FUCK. I really wanted to like it too.
>>
>>63995044
It just felt bland.

It was trying so hard to be Nu Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
The prequels felt like extended vidya cutscenes, I can't take them seriously even as popcorn movies
>>
I thought the movie was awesome for the first 20 minutes. It definitely felt like Star Wars, but it descended to being generic Sci-Fi schlock by the time they met that orange thing.
>>
File: 1376361726525.png (321 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
1376361726525.png
321 KB, 701x394
>>63995044
The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan?page=3

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!1111 I can't form my own opinions lol111!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.

prequels4life
>>
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63995084
>>63995044
How does it feel to be proper boring twats? If you prefer the prequels you have a defect.
>>
When I saw this in the trailer I thought it would have more significance to the story, but it just felt like another reference to the OT really.
>>
>>63995135
epic, you sure showed them

you're witty like one of jj abrams characters
>>
>>63995084
If it felt bland you are one boring fuck aren't you?
>>
The new role is you're a genuine depressed manchild if you didnt enjoy these movies. even normalfags like them. Sorry it didnt live up to your man child expectations
>>
>>63995117
Plinkett's criticisms are well supported and argued without persuasion. RLM often lets the footage speak for itself.

The prequels being at all positive, on a holistic level, is a meme.
>>
I think this is better than Ep I and II but I know what OP means

This felt like exactly what I was afraid of: a safe Avengers clone using the Star Wars franchise. And if that's what they're doing, then there's really no point to it other than money. They're not going to make a "Star Wars" movie.
>>
>>63995156
>nothing on par with Duel of the Fates
>nothing close to podracing
>Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul > Rey vs Kylo Ren
>no straight shota
>low pottery levels
s͏m͏h t͏͏b͏͏h f͏͏a͏͏m, you fucking c͏uck.
>>
>>63995084
You are correct, and good on you for not agreeing with the shills like >>63995156
>>
haha fucking well mememememememed :)
>>
>>63995117
He obviously has no taste & just wants generic shit thrown at his face, which I guess is why he liked TFA. It literally had no heart & no real story. I can forgive all the nonsense in the prequels because at LEAST it had that, along with awesome characters & epic dueling scenes.

The only thing that gives me any hope for this new batch is Luke. They damn well better pull that ace out & have him be a major part from here on out, communing with Obi Wan & Yoda.
>>
I think New Hope and Empire are the only good films in the franchise. But I'll at least give the prequels credit for world building.

Episode VII was just a callback to New Hope. Same looking planets. Same fucking cantina-style scene. Same fucking planet-killing weapon. Same fucking trench scene on the outside of the planet-planet killing weapon. Same mentor getting struck down while the kids are where they can't do a thing about it...

It's just a bland rehash that plays it too safe. There's plenty of awful things about the prequels, but they were at least in different settings and tried different things.
>>
>>63995117
who the fuck is plinky?
>>
>>63995044
>I'm not trying to be a contrarian cunt

Yes, you are.
>>
>>63995096

C'mon man! I prefer the prequels over this shit anytime.
>>
>>63995239

>Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul > Rey vs Kylo Ren

Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rey vs Kylo Ren
>>
>>63995239
rey vs kylo is barely above vader vs old ben
>>
I don't think George ever understood Star Wars. His original vision was radically different from what the original trilogy ended up being. But he knew that everybody loved Star Wars and that he had a high standard to live up to, so he was still being creative even when failing at making the prequels. The prequel trilogy may be shitty in so many ways but it did create a variety of new settings and had its moments with Sheev and Obi-Wan.

JJ Abrams can't bring anything new to the table because he's just a fanboy with a budget. Part of the reason Empire Strikes Back was so good was that Irvine Kershner initially refused to direct it and believed that a franchise sequel was beneath him. When he did agree to direct it, he went about making a good movie and wasn't preoccupied with thinking, "OMG, I'm making Star Wars!"

The franchise is fucked because it's buckling under the weight of its own success. Nobody involved has to worry about winning over audiences that would be skeptical of a space setting, now they can churn out anything and people will go see it for the brand name.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 450x304
*raises paw**breast expand* Thank for the icecream Anon it's mmffff on nom nom snarf it's *swallows* really *burps* good *farts loudly*
>>
Shouldn't Darth Vader's burnt skull be inside of that mask?
>>
>>63995304
it tried to take the story of 4 and mash it with elements of 5. it had way too much going on and at the end doesnt leave you really satisfied, you just kinda go ohh
>>
>>63995345
I'm really not, and I don't care for memes or shit posting. I generally feel it just wasn't very good & basically a play it safe reboot of New Hope. Everything was just so damn contrived. No wonder Harrison Ford demanded they kill him in this.

If you feel this was the best one (or even good), more power to you. But I'd say you literally have no taste.
>>
>>63995431

you said it right, barely. And I liked old Ben and Vader alot more.
>>
>>63995346
Why? Everything just felt it was there to catch the attention of kids with ADD. George just kept throwing shit in there with no specific goal in mind, just because he could. There was no weight or depth to any of it. What I did like is that it felt bigger and more ambitious than TFA, but TFA is just the first movie in the series, there's nothing wrong with starting small and then expanding the world, that's how a series should work.
>>
>>63995044
don't worry, /tv/ will come to its senses in a few weeks

>it's gonna suck!
>it's gonna suck!
>it's gonna suck!
>Premiere day
>ZOMG IT'S SO GREAT!
>BEST MOVIE EVER!
>IT NEEDS A FEW OSCARS AT LEAST!
>entire front page sucking it's cock
>"If you don't like X you're a contrarian shitlord"
Few weeks later:
>it's shit! You're shit! Fuck your babby bullshit
>Jamesameronisafaggotdanceswithsmurfsinspacemadmaxisforcucks
>>
>>63995044
It wasn't utterly terrible nor unwatchable, that's the best I can say about it.
>>
>>63995559
>starting small
excuse me? they went to 4 different planets, blew up a giga deathstar, found the lightsaber, and defeated the evil dark jedi in hand to hand combat. this movie wasnt small at all.
>>
>>63995440
The funny thing is that when you gave the prequel universe to someone else (Clone Wars) they made it good.
>>
>>63995558
In my honest opinion, Obi-Wan cared for Qui-Gon much more than he did Anakin and his duel against Maul in Episode I held more weight.
>>
>>63995044
I agree OP, but I keep getting told I'm a contrarian. Pisses me off.

And yes, it makes me appreciate the prequels more, though I always unironically liked episode 1.
>>
There was not enough iconic moments.
TFA had NONE of that, even the prequels had great moments that stuck in your mind. TFA was just avengers tier shlock.
>>
>>63995186
>even normalfags like them
they've always liked SW, SW is the most mainstream sci-fi franchise.

The ONLY thing that was "nerd culture" about SW was its EU, which got the axe. The new EU, rebels and few comics/books, is really miniscule in comparison and isn't even relevant to the new movie.
>>
>>63995592
Probably. I just watched it tonight & my gut told me it was gonna be shit, so I should've listened. But I felt I needed to watch it anyway because its SW.

It wasn't god awful or unwatchable, but very very meh. I'm shocked its doing as well at the box office as it is.
>>
>>63995616
It felt small for sure. The only planet that got a proper introduction and worldbuilding was Jakku, the giga deathstar was an afterthought the protagonists didn't give a shit about, lightsaber is cool but not exactly anything special in the movies, the """dark Jedi""" was a half-trained apprentice.
Whatever, they gotta start from somewhere and if you start huge it won't be able to build up to anything
>>
>>63995594
this, it was bland as fuck and by the numbers. It deserves praise solely for not sucking andnothing else.
>>
/tv/ really is the worst fucking board. The amount of bad taste is just staggering.

Can you people actually WATCH the prequels, try to remove any childhood nostalgia (pffffh) you have, and examine them without bias? They are fundamentally awful movies. And no you don't need to watch the Plinkett reviews to have that opinion.

>b-but at least it was unique!

Unique in its awfulness. And calling it unique is really giving it too much credit, there's an absurd amount of "poetry" and stealing shots from the OT.

>t-the new movie is just about the money!

The prequels were ALL about the money, don't even kid yourself. Lucas was a capitalist first and foremost.

>>63995281
>awesome characters & epic dueling scenes

Really? Fucking really? This is the kind of person that browses /tv/ now.

The characters were terrible (inb4 MUH SHEEV, you realize sheevposting exists because of how cheesy he is, not because he's a good character right?) and the fight scenes were drawn out over-choreographed emotionless schlock.

>>63995592

Half the threads on /tv/ are shitting on it, stop pretending to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>63995044
Why did Luke burn the body of his father with that nasty melting mask on to begin with? That part kind of bothered me.
>>
>>63995628

Can't disagree with you, I still find it tragic watching Qui-Gon die.
>>
>>63995655
>TFA had NONE of that
Han-Kylo, Rey grabbing the lightsaber, Maz castle rescue, off the top of my head.
>>
>>63995717
>Half the threads on /tv/ are shitting on it
not the OP's at least.
>>
>>63995117
>awesome action

Holy shit. How can a human being actually believe something so retarded?
>>
>>63995732

kek, he's talking about iconic moments.
>>
>>63995758
this

I haven't seen a good action sequence in hollywood in a long ass time.
>>
>>63995239

Darth maul was literally just a red light saber. He wasn't even a character. Also if you prefer the dipshit rope swing twirl faggot lights aversion battles in the prequel better than the desperate, grounded and realistic lightsaber fighting of the new movie then you're a fucking retard
>>
I felt like I was watching a Marvel movie.
>>
This always happens. A new installment in a movie/television/video game series comes out and all of a sudden every asshole starts getting nostalgic for the older shitty one.
>>
>>63995775
I know my reply was a refutation of his claim
>Prequelbabbies can't understand how conversations work
Makes perfect sense, considering you wouldn't be able to enjoy them if you did
>>
>>63995117
The prequels are pure shit and you know it faggot bait harder
>>
Nostalgia pandering
Washed-out half-assed Harrison Ford payday
the movie
>>
I say we boycott all Disney products for making an unoriginal horrible movie out of one of the most expansive fictional universes we have. Teach them through our money that if they want cash they must give us something new and good, not Episode 7 A New New Hope. It supposed to be a sequel not a reboot continue the damn story.

FYI Disney owns all these companies and intellectual property
ABC
ESPN
A+E
Muppets
Pixar
Marvel
Lucasfilm
Anything with Disney in it
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney

I like the Marvel series even, but after that steaming pile of a Star Wars movie all I can do is remove as much control from whoever was in charge of letting that happen. Lets hurt their bottom line across the board and get some heads to roll. A couple million in lost sales and products sitting on shelves will make them respect our shared cultural heritage and not just cash in on a "safe bet". This is one bet they should lose.

Please tell your friends to avoid all Disney products until they understand their mistakes.
Tell your kids they can have something else cool because they deserve their own Star Wars Trilogy not a remake of the original.
>>
>>63995794
He still had more character and personality than any antagonist in the TFA due to his body language.
>>
File: rotj_original_400x400[1].jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
rotj_original_400x400[1].jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>63995474
your physical remains disappear when you become one with the force
>>
>>63995717
Yes, Liam Neeson & Ewan McGregor were great characters. And obviously the fight scenes were choreographed, but they were still at least THERE and they were exciting. And the score music was epic, world building, etc. How was any of that in TFA?? Oh right, it didn't have any.

Look, I'm not saying the prequels were amazing movies. It was heavy on the cheese & the dialog was cringe worthy at times. But fuck man, at least it tried. Which is more than I can say for TFA.
>>
>>63995281
>m-muh ninja hong kong kung fu ding dong lightsaber fight
>>
File: Snapchat-6860264230006379446.jpg (632 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6860264230006379446.jpg
632 KB, 1080x1920
Just saw it an hour ago, what did everybody think of kylo? At first I felt like I hated him, as the movie progressed and he was revealed to be a shitty teenager with anger managment issues I really started to like him. I don't know, he just feels really human. He's a dummy, but an enjoyable character to watch on screen in my personal opinion thoughts?
>>
It's not. It avoids most of the fundamental awfulness of the prequels. It's still not a great movie, though. I don't even think it matches Return of the Jedi as a whole, even if it's certainly better in a few areas.
>>
>>63995731
Why. He wasn't even in the movie for that long.
>>
>>63995874
You are autistic. Kylo Ren has more personality then any other villain in Star Wars, Maul has the least.
>>
>>63995918
lol fag, I bet you hated Frank Dux vs Chong Li.
>>
File: 1232556722597.jpg (25 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1232556722597.jpg
25 KB, 437x437
>discussing star wars with someone
>ask whats so bad about the prequels
>he says just watch the plinkett reviews
>>
>>63995044
Episode III was better but episode II was pure garbage and episode I had more bad than good.

Episode VII was a new hope remade with modern special effects. It didn't feel like star wars though.. It felt like a generic Scifi universe with a few star wars elements thrown in to remind you it's star wars. The acting was great but the movie didn't make me feel anything emotional like order 66 and the fall of anakin to the dark side.
>>
>>63995956
Better than Ep IV Vader, and has the potential to surpass him overall, which I never thought I'd say of a Star Wars villain
>>
File: ah.jpg (76 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
76 KB, 900x900
>>63995977
>character inspired directly from Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory
>Kylo Ren has more personality then any other villain in Star Wars
wew lad

You can't make this shit up, haha.
>>
I actually tolerate (and even like some of) the movies. That's right. I like the originals, the prequels AND the new movie well enough.

Some are better than others and I could spend hours talking about missed opportunities and themes and characters and the cinematography and acting and script and lore and whatnot, but in the end I actually accept all 7 movies! Isn't that weird that you can do that and not have to pick only one or two options?

I fucking hate the Star Wars fanbase, especially here on /tv/. You fuckheads know next to nothing and just spout criticism or mindless praise because you either want to go with the flow or deliberately against it. Stop talking about it.
>>
>>63995044
Me too anon. Even though the prequels were absolute shit I realize that they were actually less made to be cash grabs than this shit. It seems like George actually had some original ideas and had something he wanted to say, even if it was a pile of shit.
>>
>>63995044
>>63995107

These guys know whats up.

This movie is the Tron: Legacy of Star Wars.
>>
>>63995696
>it felt small
Jakku was just discount tatooine with old relics for nostalgia
The Starkiller just blew up an entire system at a whim and was about to wipe the entire rebellion out and it got destroyed in the same movie. The First Order just lost a major,if not their greatest asset.
Half-trained or not, Ren was defeated by someone who never fucking held a lightsaber in her goddamn life just discovered force powers like 20 minutes ago.
I'd say they already put too much on their plate to start with
>>
>>63996041
>Taking a meme at face value
You wouldn't really do that would you anon?
>>
>>63996060
>Even though the prequels were absolute shit I realize that they were actually less made to be cash grabs than this shit.
Lucas literally made all his money on merchandise, the prequels are just toy commercials.
>>
>>63996075
>I wanna run away
>Never say goodbye
>I wanna know the truth
>Instead of wondering why
>I wanna know the answers
>No more lies
>I wanna shut the door
>And open up my mind
Sure doesn't sound like Kylo eh?
>>
>>63996004

You bought the emotional journey of Anakin to the dark side in RoTS?

That ACTUALLY registered with you on an emotional level?

I mean, the OT was pretty cartoonish and didn't deliver on the emotional beats that well either but Anakin turning to the dark side was fucking WEAK.
>>
File: 1450751506567.gif (232 KB, 321x504) Image search: [Google]
1450751506567.gif
232 KB, 321x504
>>63995956
Just saw it the other day. So far im unsure... I like how he is more outspoken and shows more of a temper. Same with the stormtroopers. I didnt care for the voice he had with the mask on.
>>
>>63996086
>the prequels are just toy commercials
So was TFA.
>>
All the leia/Han dialog made me cringe pretty hard desu.
>>
>>63995874

Holy shit please tell me that's bait. Maul was a fucking non entity.
>>
>>63995977
This. Maul was shit and looked like someone who belonged in a Mudvayne music video.
>>
>>63995956
don't like him at all he's made out to be a badass then gets wrecked by a newb. He doesn't have an iconic look, doesn't have memorable theme music, has a shitty bane voice, he out whinnied hayden,and his power levels are a rollercoaster of marvel proportions
>>
>>63996086
No doubt, but the prequels had a lot of unique crazy retarded shit that wasn't pastiche, poetry or plain rip off. George had some original ideas, a vision of some kind.
>>
>>63996103
No.
>>
>>63996103
No. I'm sorry you can't get a read on a character from a children's movie, life with other people must be rough for you.
>>
>>63996056
>bragging about being a passive film watcher

Jesus, man. What's even the point?
>>
Why are people calling episode VII a "Marvel movie"? What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>63996198
>he out whinnied hayden
Literally impossible
>>
>>63996168
Maul wasn't supposed to be fleshed out. Just a bad ass henchmen Sidious kept in his back pocket.

Don't act like you didn't get chills when those doors opened to a hooded Maul either.
>>
>>63996244
Autistic fags trying to make the movie look bad because it succeded thier expectations.

Movie was great.
>>
>>63996244
>original trilogy
Movies
>prequel trilogy
Films
>TFA
Flick
>>
>>63996244
A factory made blockbuster movie with the same template plot and feel of every other big budget movie out there today.
>>
>>63996137
The voice with the mask on grew on me slowly. Voice with the mask off... ehhhhh
>>
>>63996244
The first post literally explains it.
>>
>>63995440

To be fair, Abrams is a Trek fanboy and not a SW fanboy. He's just Hollywood's go to nerd guy in this sphere (Whedon and Snyder occupying the other half).
>>
>>63996274
mauls fighting style makes sense too, the dual saber is pretty much a bowstaff and with the force and a lot of training he was a master of that shit. there was a reason he was jumping around so much. thats a big problem with plinkett, mike doesnt know how experts fight
>>
>>63996335
Ray Park is a Bong trained in Chinese martial arts. He knows how to use a staff.
>>
The main difference is that the prequels knew how to structure the movie so it has high points and slower parts.

TFA just keeps going and breakneck pace throughout so the characters never catch their breath and bond.
At the end they're literally crying and screaming at each other and they were "adventuring" for about half a day.

I mean why is Rey crying over Han? She knew him for maybe a couple of hours total.
Why is Leia hugging Rey? She barely knows who the fuck she is.
Maz's castle that stood there for like a thousands years gets completely obliterated and she doesn't even get mildly upset or even react to it? wtf
>>
>>63996423
>she doesn't even get mildly upset or even react to it?
I think when you're that old physical possessions really mean quite a lot less.
>>
>>63996423
>why is Rey crying over a living legend who offered her a job
Gee, I don't know, man, I guess it must be really hard to figure things out when you have a bone in your brain.
>>
>>63996335
>>63996356
Isn't the point of fighting with a staff or any other kind of pole weapon that you can move your hands anywhere along the shaft? With the lightsaber he's forced to only hold the middle part of the weapon, which I'd imagine would be pretty awkward IRL. I like the fight choreography in TPM, I'm just saying.
>>
>>63995096
nice non-post
>>
>>63996423
>I mean why is Rey crying over Han? She knew him for maybe a couple of hours total.
He was an iconic figure, plus one of the few people who showed an interest in her and offered her a way out of her pathetic existence as a scavenger on Jakku
>Why is Leia hugging Rey? She barely knows who the fuck she is.
Tough circumstances force people together
>gets completely obliterated and she doesn't even get mildly upset or even react to it? wtf
Wise aliens don't give a fuck I guess
>>
>>63995440
this is the most retarded post of the week

thats saying something
>>
File: Image.jpg (45 KB, 450x543) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
45 KB, 450x543
>le prequels are good meme
>>
>>63996589
>Anakin kill him!
>No I don't want to do it it's evil!
>Dew it!
>Ok I guess
???
>>
File: 1447494096635.jpg (10 KB, 433x347) Image search: [Google]
1447494096635.jpg
10 KB, 433x347
>>63996640
>this is a good plan, I mean he is basically the only dad I've had other than the flying jew and Qui Gon
>>
File: latest[3].jpg (131 KB, 1934x1088) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
131 KB, 1934x1088
>>63996459
not true at all. old people often live in one place for decades and have trouble finding their way around new places.

for comparison: what it was like when a similar character's house got blown up in a similar kind of movie. having things like this is actually quite important it turns out.
>>
>>63996061
Tron Legacy was actually good though
>>
>>63996640
>I haven't seen Padme in ten years since I was nine, and I've thought about her every day
>I don't know why I keep dreaming about my dying mother, I'd much rather dream about padme
>she covered the camera, I don't think she liked me watching her
>Anakin's don't look at me like that. It makes me uncomfortable
>I can't breathe. If you feel the same way PLEASE tell me
Epic love story, George
>>
>>63995843
>>63995117
heres your (You)
>>
>>63997492
George captured the horny teenager amazingly well
>>
>>63995802

This.
>>
>>63995117
>actually examining what the movies are saying and seeing it makes no sense
>nitpicking
nice delusion, now I see how you've maintained love for two of the worst big-budget films ever produced
>>
>>63995044
Honestly, I hate the prequels. I mean, REALLY hate them. But after seeing this movie (twice in a row, someone offered to pay for my ticket and a second viewing is always helpful for really evaluating a film/flick), I've come to, in a very weird way, respect Lucas for them.

He had this well established, loved franchise. A reboot would've been successful monetarily, whatever he did, he had to have known that. He could've just done what he knew would work, played it safe. But he didn't. He chose to do something different, in fact a fairly wild departure.

Now, it sucked. Sometimes, when you take risks, it flops. But I would rather have a hundred Episode II's, each awful in their own unique and horrifying way, than sit through a rehash of the OT, which is what we're going to get.
>>
>>63995117

What >>63995209 said exactly. This "lmao they agree with a guy that means they're dumb and I'm right" meme has gone too far.

The prequels are complete garbage.
>>
>>63995794
>desperate, grounded and realistic
>between someone who has literally never used a LS before and someone trained by two separate force masters and has definitely fought other jedi-in-training before
>untrained wins because her mind is faster or something what ever AWAKENING

Yes, such drama. This was better than any duel in I or II, but that is saying very little. If not being especially bad is a good quality, sure, this one was "good".
>>
>ZOMG THE PREQUELS HAD SOUL XDDD
>THEY HAD IDEAS YOU KNOW THEY HAD IDEAS XXXXDDDD
Is there anyway for prequelbabies to be more pathetic ?
>>
>>63995977
>then any other villain in Star Wars
what

I mean, he beats Maul, who was basically a prop

He beats Dooku, who was just a sexy voice and a vaguely menacing figure

I guess he beats Bobba Fett, who's only real trait was "badass" if we're being honest.

Maybe he beats Watto. Maybe.

Some might say he beats Jabba, but I would disagree. Jabba imposed a figure because he was able to hunt Han down, but never even needed to do it himself, that's how powerful he was.

Nothing compared to Palpatine, either creepy evil OT or crazy evil prequel versions.

And he can't hold a candle to Vader.
>>
>>63998483
They could start ironically shitposting.
>>
>>63996056
>dismissing all contrary opinions to your own as "spouting criticisms"
wew lad

And I really have to question your level of judgement if you even "accept" Episode II.
>>
>>63998611
I don't think you're 100% clear on what "personality" means
>>
>>63998717
It means shitposting about how the prequels were better, right?
>>
>>63996275
>dismissing criticism
>"they just h8 cuz they jealous"
TFA fans, everybody. Bulwarks of intellectualism and critical thought.
>>
>>63995239
>>Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul > Rey vs Kylo Ren
Naeh
>>
>>63998717
"Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving."
-American Psychological Assocaition

Though, in this context, I think it can also be just presence and impact in a scene.

Kylo has personality, but not the most for a villain in the franchise, not by a long shot.
>>
>>63995117

I liked TFA but it does feel like it capitulated to mainstream tastes.

I can't defend The Phantom Menace because it's a genuinely confusing movie but you have to understand the dialogue and characterisations in EP2 and 3 are deliberately retro.

Lucas is just making his own Buck Rogers serials with lots of imagination. Think about it - everything in this series from its planets, civilisations and aliens came straight from George Lucas's head.

The answer to the prequels was to keep George Lucas's ideas but hire a competent director and writer who could bring out the suspense and emotion much more convincingly.

The answer was NOT to make another fucking Death Star with a multiracial cast. Hopefully, this new trilogy will be like the prequels and EP8 and 9 (and 10) will be much better.
>>
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999

At the risk of offending devotees of the Force, I will say that the stories of the "Star Wars" movies have always been space operas, and that the importance of the movies comes from their energy, their sense of fun, their colorful inventions and their state-of-the-art special effects. I do not attend with the hope of gaining insights into human behavior. Unlike many movies, these are made to be looked at more than listened to, and George Lucas and his collaborators have filled "The Phantom Menace" with wonderful visuals.
>>
File: 1450375318338.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1450375318338.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>63995117
>Redditors have constantly linked to them

Isn't the supposed problem with Reddit'ors that they're uncritical dumb fucks who like anything? I would think a redditor would love any star wars bullshit as it's all trash made for a mainstream audience. Empire came close to being a decent movie but only just. The real fault of Plinkett is that he was too fair to the prequels and the older films.

The prequels are pure dog shit, don't let your mild hatred for the new one cloud your Jedi mind from the truth.
>>
>>63999096
This is an extremely generous way of calling it a hollow piece of trash
>>
>>63995044
George Lucas tried to make a novel about inter galactic universe. Also the way the films have been made & released clearly show he has been dishing out a novel by using "To show medium". Unfortunately we aren't able to see the author finishing his own material. I was hoping somebody follows his footsteps. Bu-t things aren't exactly coming out how it suppose to be. I felt like I start reading a new book which is a really good one. I hope they decide to go with this current as much as wishing to see somebody finishing this space saga the way it should be.
>>
>>63999138

Who thought Star Wars was deep?
>>
>>63999243
The OT was deep compared to most blockbusters today, stop this prequelist revisionism. It had a redempetion arc that spanned three movies.
>>
>>63999281

star wars is responsible for "most blockbusters today".

it was an incredibly stupid film for 1977. probably as stupid as tpm in 1999.
>>
>>63999334
>it was an incredibly stupid film for 1977.

Incorrect you gay bitch.
>>
File: eraserhead.jpg (7 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
eraserhead.jpg
7 KB, 195x259
>>63999390

and guess what...

star wars wasn't even the most creative film from 1977.

pic related.
>>
>>63995977
Maul curiously got a strong personality in Clone Wars after being a fat piece of nothing in Phantom.
>>
>>63999334
Then good thing people recognize the prequels for the trash they are or we'd be in for another 20 years of extended video-game cutscenes
>>
>>63995239
>no straight shota
I think that Shota Kylo Ren is a guarantee.
>>
>>63999503

But TFA is worse. It doesn't even capture your imagination. It's a recycled film with its Elmo droid BB-8 and a multiracial cast.
>>
>neo reddit /tv/ hates on the prequels, like that new shit movie and defend it like rabid redditors getting their panties in a bunch over it

god, why is this board so shit now?

it used to be good just a few days ago
>>
>>63999567
>It doesn't even capture your imagination.
The setting doesn't, but the characters do, and the characters are the soul of the movie, they have plenty of time to work on the setting in the next two movies
>>
File: 1447690664655.gif (2 MB, 353x323) Image search: [Google]
1447690664655.gif
2 MB, 353x323
>>63995794
>desperate, grounded and realistic lightsaber fighting
>>
File: 2015-01-26.png (446 KB, 903x616) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-26.png
446 KB, 903x616
>trying to find an online stream
>come across this
Seems legit.
>>
Never take Episode 7 fags seriously, pic related.

>>63995096
The prequels are a million times better than everything about this 7 shit. I doubt this disgusting potato head Ren faggot will even get a reason half as good as Anakin's for joining the dark side. He won't.
>>
File: 1450191745387.jpg (59 KB, 634x521) Image search: [Google]
1450191745387.jpg
59 KB, 634x521
Even the normies are coming around.

I'm seeing more and more articles on mainstream sites complaining about how much of a rehash TFA is and blaming it on millennials' inability to appreciate anything that is new and potentially challenging.

baka desu senpai
>>
>>63996004
It's the cinematography
Lucas did lots of super widescreen where the character is at the far edge of the shot and the rest of the screen is the planet scene
Modern cinema is more central because it is influenced by tv shooting plus they have to think about dvd sales etc
>>
>>63995084
The problem was that it all boiled down to just being a basic retelling of Episode IV, with all the characters swapped out. Rey replacing Luke, Han Solo replacing Ben, Leia's role remaining basically the exact same, and Duckface replacing Darth Vader. The best parts of the movie were the few parts that had no real parallels to IV.
>>
>anons so memed by /tv/ they now think the prequels are better than 7.

Wew lads, didn't get enough attention on twitter today?
>>
>>63999748
Pure meme opinion. There's no way you watched the movie.
>>
File: 14183-sexy-merkel-blick.jpg (47 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
14183-sexy-merkel-blick.jpg
47 KB, 500x402
>>63995977
He looks like a potato and his "personality" only consists of tantrums that already became a joke/running gag in this very movie itself with storm troopers ignoring and avoiding him like in one of the cartoons.

He is terribly written, doesn't just beat Rey with his force powers when he did it 30 minutes earlier (meybe he couldn't because Rey has better force powers than him, in both cases the writing is absolutely terrible, obviously). There is no way they can come up with a good reason why he even decided to join the dark side. And it makes no sense at all that he adors Vader. Luke must have told him Vader was actually good and became a force ghost at the end unless the writing is even worse than I think.

Not to mention that "YOU FEAR THAT YOU'LL NEVER BE AS POWERFUL AS VADER" => tantrum was one of the most childish and Naruto tier shit scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

How dumb do you actually have to be to think Episode VII is great and defend it?

>>63999696
Thanks for this.
>>
>>63995044
How dare you to say that you racist misogynist contrarian white boogeyman!

Shame on you

On a side note, are people waking up from this shit? I'm starting to see a lot more fans (yes fans because they hoped for the best) to admit this was mediocre at best and that JJ did an awesome cashgrab
>>
>>63998472

Like stated there, it's not the same without Lucas. It's capeshit with lightsabers.
>>
>>63996072
>whim
Destroyed the senate and entire republic fleet
>whim
>>
>>63999805
The Disney shills fucked off back to Reddit as the word of mouth got too negative. But I doubt the capeshit-loving mainstream will ever see this turd for what it is. They're too proud to admit they were wrong about Jar Jar Abrams.
>>
File: sw ren.jpg (160 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
sw ren.jpg
160 KB, 900x695
>>63999696
All of this.
>>
>>63999794
He has a solid, multi-faceted, consistent personality that makes so much sense considering what he he presents himself as I'm shocked no-one did it before. It sounds like you're actually upset they didn't make him a mary sue villain for edgy kids like you to self-insert as.
>>
>TFA wasn't good
dankest new meme and right before the new year too. god bless you, meme masters
>>
Darth Vader never redeemed himself, you cant turn to the light side that quickly.
>>
>>63999834
the worst thing overall for me was becoming suddently the embodyment of a memeing contrarian faggot.

Like i didn't want this to be an awesome movie
Like i didn't want to start a new awesome adventure because i really like the SW universe.

No no, i "HAD TO hate it". Fuck this drones mentality
>>
>>63996589
Kids who watched it then are 16ish now so perfect angsty fuck heads to go on 4chin and whine how new movie is ruining their childhood
>>
>>63995117
>people liked the prequels before RLM shat on them

This a complete myth. People have been shitting on the prequels since Attack of the Clones came out and it became apparent that 2/3 of the trilogy at least was going to be bad. You think opinions changed around the time of the Plinkett reviews because only kids liked the prequels and those reviews happened to come out around the time you became an adult and you and the people around you started to realize how bad they were and got in on discourse among older adults about how bad they were.

Doesn't mean Abrams shitfest is any better
>>
File: star wars ren.jpg (35 KB, 598x299) Image search: [Google]
star wars ren.jpg
35 KB, 598x299
>>63999858
What are you talking about, exactly? I just told you and explained how nothing about him is explaiend or makes sense and you just come up and say "he was le totally consistent, bro, I bet you like xy".

Kill yourself.
>>
File: that 10 out of 10 casting.png (328 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
that 10 out of 10 casting.png
328 KB, 748x491
>>63996589
That they're bad is the meme, though. And mainstream fags love to spout it.

I'm glad we finally have confirmation they just have no taste and are retarded and we shouldn't take them seriously with them actually liking 7 which is pure dog shit.
>>
>>63999945
I yet have to find a person under 20 that disliked TFA

I yet have to find a person 20 + that liked this garbage

Keep memeing
>>
File: 1367706161386.jpg (97 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1367706161386.jpg
97 KB, 400x400
>>64000089
>I yet have to find a person under 20 that disliked TFA
Here. Literally one post under yours.
>>
>>64000055
You're a retard who can't get a read on a pretty obvious character in a children's movie. The fact that you think anyone wants to read your tone-deaf analysis is just anotehr sign of autism.
>>
>>63995616
This.

The movie was all over the place. It never slowed once slowed down to breathe.
>>
>>64000116
then you're my first. God speed and don't lose to the drones mentality anon

Anyhow i was talking about rl in my surroundings.
>>
>>63995717
Right on all accounts.....except Sheev.

Sheev is fucking awesome. That's the irony....In the prequels, Lucas went out of his way to make everything else iconic except Sheev....and only Sheev came out of them looking iconic.
>>
>>63995044
>"I've got a bad feeling about this"
LOL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?
also you say "I've got a bad feeling about this" when something bad is ABOUT to happen, not after you already know it's happening. they already knew the fucking mercs were on board and the monsters were loose, it was totally forced and out of place

>"I'm just trying to be helpful!"
>"When have you ever done that? And don't say the Death Star."

>hologram schematic of Not The Death Star
>"It's another Death Star!"
>"How do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that."

>"They have a planetary defense shield that our ships can't penetrate."
>"So we take the shield down!"

>flying down a trench to blow up Not The Death Star

>"Is there a garbage chute? Trash compactor?"

this movie was SHIT and you all know it
>>
>>64000346
BUT MUH C3PO RED ARM was different!!

HA, checkmate you contrarian silly boi
>>
>>63999809
You know, as soon as the news broke that Lucas sold the rights to Disney I remember posting it to Facebook how I was disappointed. Immediately my faggot friends chimed in about "why? Can't be worse than what Lucas did, herb a durb". Not even realizing he's the sole reason why we like SW in the first place.

So around 2008ish it became super cool to hate on Lucas. He said fuck all y'all, sold the rights to company he knew would run it into the ground, monetize the hell out of it with a dozen sequels, spinoff, an entire damn Disney park dedicated to it for Christ sake. And now he's gone forever & this is what we get.

Star Wars died after Lucas.
>>
>>63996532
>>63996423
I have to completely disagree on the Leia/Rey hug scene. If there's anyone that Leia should have gone to embrace straight away then it should have been Chewbacca; they'd been friends for years and were the two characters that were closest to Han, and yet after this tragedy they walk past each other without a second glance.

If they were dead-set on having this moment between Rey and Leia, then first-off I think they should have done more to establish Rey and Han's friendship, since I don't think enough had been done for the whole 'he's like a father to me' thing to be believable. I liked the scene with Kylo and Han, but I'd rework it in a way that would leave Rey feeling like Han dying was somehow her fault, or that she shouldered some of the responsibility. Leia and Chewie walk directly up to one-another and console each other, while Rey nervously walks up to Leia and starts apologizing. She's splutters and breaks down, but then Leia embraces her and tells her its okay and that it wasn't her fault: we get to see maternal Leia, Rey gets to be babied, and we have a new relationship set up for future films.
>>
>>64000376
One of the only things that could've been given interesting exposition and they just never explained it. Just "oh, look, his arm is red now."

They even directly pointed it out through 3PO's shit dialogue, as if to say "LOOK LOL SOMETHING'S DIFFERENT :^)"
>>
>>64000578
yep. But they didn't have to explain it. The red arm is to rebrand the new toys and sell another model of C3PO

The whole character of Phasma follows the same pattern
>>
>>64000610
>hype her as stronk womyn character
>give her like five lines of dialogue
>literally throw her in the garbage just to make a forced reference to the OT

she could've partially redeemed this movie all on her own if they had actually given her something to do
>>
>>63999479
Also wrong.
>>
>>64000642
if her toys sell well she'll miraculously survive.

Same thing happening to Ian Solo, since Ford is in the cast for episode 8

The milking will never end
>>
>>63996060
>something he wanted to say
what did he want to say?
>>
>>64000642
She will be in ep.8
>>
>>63999696
i saw you in the other thread, you blew him the fuck out with that pic it was glorious
>>
>>64000685
So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause
>>
File: glib_facsimile.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
glib_facsimile.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>63995044
Couldn't agree more brother.
III>Another Hope Awakens

I almost call it plagiarism
>>
>>63995775
>>63995655

>Complaining about lack of "iconic" moments
>Cites a scene from the prequels that was a huge callback to the OT

Come on, man. You can do better than that...
>>
>>64001990
And it was powerful in ROTS because it mirrored ANH perfectly. It didn't copy it. It mirrored it in a conscious way. TFA shamelessly copies everything from ANH.
>>
>>63995304
>I think New Hope and Empire are the only good films in the franchise.

Why the hate for Return of the Jedi? I love that movie. Palpatine is such a dick in it, and he loves it. Plus dat Lando, and hair-down Leia.
>>
>>63995044
Looks like you failed miserably.
>>
>>63995044
agreed
>>
>>63995592
I want to say that it's because people from other boards came to /tv/ for Star Wars and will leave (hopefully) when the hype dies down.
>>
The Prequels were great children's films and the universe felt truly unique. The Force Awakens just feels like a generic Hollywood blockbuster; too bland for children and too childish for adults with any taste.
>>
>>63995117

Just kill yourself for taking the time to type this
>>
File: 3984648962.jpg (162 KB, 499x279) Image search: [Google]
3984648962.jpg
162 KB, 499x279
>>63995117
>>
File: 1450868401828.jpg (76 KB, 528x487) Image search: [Google]
1450868401828.jpg
76 KB, 528x487
You know people said the contrarian retards would actually say that the prequels were misunderstood and better than VII but I never though even /tv/ would shitpost quite that hard.

Bravo
>>
>>64003428
My 7 year old brother asked if we could leave twice in the movie. I had to convince him that the good bit was about to happen.. AotC is his favourite..
>>
>>63996864

No it wasn't
>>
>>64003566
>Mfw most TFA haters are 7-year-old boys
>>
Hey memelords, the prequels were shit and this was the 3rd best movie in the series. That's the facts and nobody is buying your ironic contrarian shitposting.
>>
>>64003566
>kids having Uber shit taste
Why is this surprising?
>>
>>64003562
They aren't shitposts when 7 doesn't even try to be its own movie, and the few parts that are original are fucking stupid as shit like the map to Luke. Its a total failure as an entry to the star wars series, regardless of how technically sound it is or how much better its CGI is over the PT. PT also gets bonus points for not shitting on the end to 6. Sheev achieved longer happiness (25 years at the top) than the OT trio. Let that sink the fuck in.
>>
>>63995304
This. The prequels may be unnecessarily hated, and I think they have some neat elements, but they aren't overall "good" movies. And TFA was a commercial exercise in rehashing Ep 4.

It's like people desperately want to believe they are a part of something similar to the initial 1970s Star Wars "mania" or experiencing something similar by praising the prequels or Ep 7. Attempts to regenerate an original movie/series' success almost never work, and they haven't worked for Star Wars. None of you will ever get to live in 1977 and see Ep 4 amid all the hype, no matter how much you try and delude yourself that Ep 7 isn't a commercial product carefully calculated to tick a number of boxes and separate plebeians from their money.
>>
>>64003721
>They aren't shitposts when 7 doesn't even try to be its own movie
It doesn't have to be to be better than the massive stinking embarrassing turds that ep 1-3 were.

I'd take a rehash over pure fucking garbage any day
>>
File: snowtroopers.jpg (295 KB, 1493x1198) Image search: [Google]
snowtroopers.jpg
295 KB, 1493x1198
>>63995044
I'll be 23 next month.
I got the original trilogy VHS boxed set for my 5th birthday. I then saw the prequels when I was 6, 9, and 12.
I have always loved the prequels and the original trilogy.

But TFA is horseshit. It's neither a good movie nor even a true Star Wars movie.
The EU books and games are canon. This shit movie is not.

Fuck Disney.
>>
File: 1450824257395.png (64 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
1450824257395.png
64 KB, 200x225
>>63995117
>>63995239

>there are shitters who actually like the twirly spinny tapping stick fights from the prequels

JUST

you know I always accepted this board had bad taste just for the sake of it but god damn
>>
>>63995044
>I really wanted to like it too

Hah. Liar.
>>
>>64003836
>The EU books and games are canon.
Pffftftfftft
Fucking delusional EUtards
>>
>>64003775
But 7 is worse garbage just by nature of shitting all over 6 alone. Add in the worst villains yet, another death star with a single weak point, mary sue force user, shitty references like C3POs arm, asspulls like the map etc etc and its worse than even 2, by far, as a star wars movie. At least 2 gave us cool tech and fun vidya. This cant even get that much right.
>>
File: refutation.jpg (43 KB, 604x459) Image search: [Google]
refutation.jpg
43 KB, 604x459
>>64003877
>>
>>64003916
>fun vidya
Oh, I'm talking to a child. Never mind then
>>
>>64001900
>the pair come across an old hermit named Lars San Tekka, who tells them what they need to do

except they never even meet him?

>with the help of its owner Han Solo and his friend Chewbacca, escape the desert planet

But Han and Chewie didn't show up until they escaped?

>Kylo Ren kills Rey's mentor Han Solo

Hahahahahaha. That's retarded for obvious reasons. The bug eyed woman was just as much of a mentor as Han was. Luke is her real mentor.

>It's later revealed that Ren is Rey's cousin

No it isn't?
>>
>>63995117
Hahahahahaha

>fuck this guy for pointing out flaws in my shitty movie

Absolutely pathetic
>>

A
GLIB
FACSIMILIE

>>
>>64003959
Oh yeah, totally a child and not someone probably older than you. Things like republic commando were great in high school. This piece of shit adds nothing other than conpletely rewriting all the OT characters and taking away everything they worked for in 3 movies. Luke would never go awol, Han would never leave Leia, and all 3 would never give up searching for and trying to save Ben (who shouldn't have fallen to the dark side anyways probably). You can keep on liking this piece of shit movie, but in a decade it will be more reviled than anything the PT put out.
>>
>>64004115
reported
>>
>>64004115
>A
>GLIB
>FACSIMILIE
>>
in 20 years when episodes 9 to 12 are announced you faggots are going to look back at this trilogy the same way you look at the prequels now
>>
File: 1450791514871.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1450791514871.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>64004125
>in a decade it will be more reviled than anything the PT put out.
>>
>>64004125
>luke would never go awol

Luke also didn't have an entire new generation of Jedis slaughtered by an apprentice, betrayal like that fucks you up

>Han would never leave Leia

Unless Leia did something crazy like, I don't know, send their only child away to live with her brother who's known to hang around dark sith lords?

>all 3 would never give up searching and trying to save Ben

Luke knows better from Vader how seductive the dark side is. Leia is busy with the resistance. Han can't accept his son is lost and has been smuggling shit for the last 30 years or so.

>ben shouldn't have fallen to the dark side

How do you know that?
>>
File: better call the pm.png (202 KB, 455x349) Image search: [Google]
better call the pm.png
202 KB, 455x349
>>64004115
>>
>>63995150
You're an idiot if you don't think vader motivating kylo is relevant to the story.
>>
>>64004115
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>64003721
>Sheev achieved longer happiness (25 years at the top) than the OT trio. Let that sink the fuck in.

The EU was a million times more retarded than this movie.

In that a Solo child went dark side and Luke got his shit fucked up as well. Not to mention way more retarded shit like Palpatine returning in a clone body and Luke becoming his apprentice.
>>
>>63995044
that's because contrarianism has consumed you completely, you no longer have to try

it's nothing but edgelordism to say that anything is worse than episode 2
>>
>>64004194
Its still not in his well established character to fuck off leaving a map behind

Luke wasnt hanging out with sith lords, and obviously if he was showing powers he would need training.

Luke also knows enough about the dark side so that he would stop his fucking cousin from falling prey to it. Why the fuck is there even a resistance and not a galactic force, what with the first order and their history of raping and pillaging still occupying a huge chunk of the galaxy. Han would still never have left Leia.

Its a shitty movie with a shitty rehashed plot that just so hapoens to conviently reset the universe to anh levels on now Vader is a whiny little father killing bitch with a stupid lightsaber.
>>
>>64004115
redditors who think TFA is better than 5.5/10 probably can't figure out what this phrase means even after using a dictionary.

They only understand things like "laser sword in generic blockbuster = good!!1!!"
>>
>>63995150
his entire CHARACTER is formed around insecurities about not being as powerful as vader

how do I know? because I actually watched the movie and paid attention to the parts where, you know, Ray says "you're scared because you're not as powerful as Darth Vader"

fucking open your eyes if you see the movie again
>>
>>64004293
Like .01% of star wars fans gave any sort of shit to post rotj EU "canon". It was mostly garbage fanfic too, just like this movie.
>>
>>64004178
?

The prequels obviously aren't made-by-committee rehashes, and Ep 7 doesn't have as many glaring flaws as the prequels. So they won't be remembered in the same way.
>>
>>64004379
5.5/10 is a pretty accurate rating
>>
>>64004365
>Its still not in his well established character to fuck off leaving a map behind

He fucked off from his jedi training to save his friends on cloud city because he loved them, with great objection from Yoda and Obi-Wan. Luke is totally the kind of person to fuck off from his responsibilities to protect the people he loves (in this case from himself)

>Luke wasnt hanging out with sith lords, and obviously if he was showing powers he would need training

My point is that Solo is a person who hates all sorts of changes to his plan and view of the world. Luke did jedi shit and got his arm cut off, and tortured with electricity for (probably) hours. Why would he want his son to fuck around with that JUST because he's force sensitive?

>Luke also knows enough about the dark side so that he would stop his fucking cousin from falling prey to it. Why the fuck is there even a resistance and not a galactic force, what with the first order and their history of raping and pillaging still occupying a huge chunk of the galaxy. Han would still never have left Leia.

Nephew*, and obviously the First Order wasn't worth respecting until they blew up a solar system.

We don't know what chunk of the galaxy the First Order hold.

>
Its a shitty movie with a shitty rehashed plot that just so hapoens to conviently reset the universe to anh levels on now Vader is a whiny little father killing bitch with a stupid lightsaber.

>Vader is a whiny little father killing bitch with a stupid lightsaber

So was Anakin when he was that age. Except Anakin was already powerful and fully-trained so he had no excuse to be a whiny bitch, that's why the prequels are ass. Ren's bitchiness is great because it shows you just how inexperienced he is.
>>
>>64004426
The point is, retard, it makes no logical sense for everything to be happily ever after after RotJ. The battle between jedi and sith, light and dark, has gone on forever and will continue forever. The OT heroes were never destined to retire into domestic life, it's just not good writing.
>>
>>64004125
>Luke would never go awol
Yoda told him to stay on degobah, saying he would destroy everything his friends had worked for. Well he didn't, and apparently Kylo did destroy everything. Why wouldn't he go awol? Also, I think it's probably a safe assumption that Luke was getting stronger with the force, or as found some new power from visiting the Jedi temple.
Obviously this is going to happen, just as its obvious that Kylo is going to be redeemed at some point in the next two movies.
>Han would never leave Leia
He spent the whole OT saying he was going to leave. It's also totally believable that having a dickbag like Kylo as a son would but some serious strain on a marriage.
>all 3 would never give up searching for and trying to save Ben
Leia didn't give up, and Han has always been a rogue. It makes sense that flying off to be a smuggler would be his defense mechanism.
>>
>>64004504
> in this case from himself
Unless hes a sith lord in 8 this isnt the case

Kylo is also a full 10 years older than anakin when he became vader. Why is a 30 year old acting like an angsty teen?

>>64004527
Donestic life no, even happily ever after not necessarily. Not this shit though that just burns it all to the ground.
>>
>>64004643
>Unless hes a sith lord in 8 this isnt the case

No, dude, stop intentionally misunderstanding me, Luke tried to bring back the jedi and we got a bunch of dead kids and a Dark Jedi out of it. He was betrayed, but it was literally explained in the movie that he felt responsible for it.

>Kylo is also a full 10 years older than anakin when he became vader. Why is a 30 year old acting like an angsty teen?

Uhh no, Anakin is 23 in RotS. Ren is like, 28? I forget what age was confirmed.

Anakin, with his reputation as a "Chosen One" and a hero of the republic as a child, is like an olympic gymnast who throws a tantrum when he fucks something up. You're expected to have some respect and not do that.

Kylo Ren is like what happens when a 5-year-old taking gymnastics lessons falls on her ass, she starts crying but you're like "well it's not that bad she's just inexperienced and gets easily frustrated". He's a nobody outside of the First Order and his family. His character revolves around being a nobody and his insecurities that come with it.

I think you need some self honesty training because you obviously walked into that theater ready to hate it.
>>
>>64004437
the prequels are manufactured and completely void of humanity.
TFA is just as cold and devoid of life once you see past the obligatory funny black guy jokes. it's a carefully crafted product designed to sell just like the last three.
if anything TFA is the TPM of the sequel trilogy, i just hope the next two don't leave as many problems for the next guy to clean up
>>
>>64004115
weeow
>>
>>64004886
>it's a carefully crafted product designed to sell just like the last three

And the first three you mean, yeah?
>>
>>64004770
And you apparently walked in blindly wanting to like the shitshow that got put on screen. So I guess we'll both just fuck off with our opinions and I'll bide my time knowing that perception will steongly shift on this film in the future.
>>
>>64004019
read between the lines idiot.
>>
>>64004931
>So I guess we'll both just fuck off with our opinions

Except I stated objective facts? And you just sputtered out excuses to hate the movie?

I walked in there as fearful as any other Star Wars fan after the letdowns that were the prequels. I walked out pleasantly surprised.

I can't believe how some people can fail to refute another's argument and walk away like they won.
>>
>>64004973
I did and discovered that half the shit they said was pulled out of their ass.

GG, nerd. Cry harder.
>>
Movie would've been good if it was about darth caedus
>>
>>64004886
The prequels were awesome, with episode 2 being the weakest.

People just claim they are bad now because 7 was shit and 8 will be more prepping the bull.
Somehow people think saying the sequels are shit somehow makes 7 a good movie
>>
>>64005472

> The prequels were awesome, with episode 2 being the weakest.

Regardless of what you think about the prequels in general I am pretty sure episode one the phantom menace is the weakest. It has way more Gungans and also no based Christopher Lee.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.