[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst final lightsaber battle in a Star Wars movie ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 512x287
Worst final lightsaber battle in a Star Wars movie ever?
>>
It was good
>>
That would be a new hope, you dumbfuck aspie.
>>
that was like the only good part of the movie though
>>
>>63994593

Luke is the only jedi in the fucking galaxy. Ren and rei were two untrained desperate kids trying to kill each other. I thought it was a realistic grounded fight. Better than the swinging on ropes spinning twirl shit from the prequels by a mile
>>
It was one of the best actually

>that lighting from the glow of the lightsabers
>semi-realistic choreography that's gritty and actually looks like people trying to kill each other, not sterile and safe dance numbers
>characters actually have a relationship and the fight serves the overall story rather than just a fight for its own sake

you're just a faggot
>>
>peoples only defense of this is that it's supposes to be shitty because Rey is untrained

Oh okay.
>>
theres always obi wan vs vader
>>
>>63994593
It's actually the complete opposite
>>
>>63994593
it was good until Rey had that fucking epiphany next to the chasm and then started going all goddamn Neo on everything
>>
the lightsaber fights were one of the things I enjoyed about this movie

I'm very glad they didn't do the spinny light saboeira shit from the prequels
>>
File: Obi-Wan first lightsaber.jpg (26 KB, 700x469) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan first lightsaber.jpg
26 KB, 700x469
>>63994593
Yes.

Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul is superior.

It has more weight and memes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-L2K2f2YWM

3:15
>>
I thought it was great.

Lots of heavy swinging and umph behind hits instead of silly crouching saber hidden jedi shit.

Didn't really care for the way Rey suddenly learns force shit and how to fight though.
>>
>>63994612
There wasn't a final lightsabre battle in A New Hope you dribbling dicksnigger
>>
>>63994695
Yea, it would have made sense if she was like "The force... force push!" but no she just...got stronger. that didn't make sense.
>>
They got it spot on with Kylo Ren. I loved that he was this medieval knight hacking his way through anything that pissed him off and marched around with clenched fists, rather than the ninja ballet dancers of the prequels. Adam Driver pulled it off great. Shame the rest of the movie was shit 2bh.
>>
Memeing aside, I thought it was the second best.
>>
>>63994718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
File: rey goes full sheev.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
rey goes full sheev.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>63994695

intimidated by strong women?
>>
>>63994830
Don't care, it's like bitching Bloodsport doesn't accurately depict a hand-to-hand deathmatch.
>>
>>63994834
Look at how angry/aggressive her face is. Clearly going to fall to the Dark Side.
>>
>>63994593
It was actually really solid when it was finn and kylo, but it got really disjointed when rey got involved. Something tells me boyega put more effort into learning choreography and they had to stitch together something vaguely coherent for rey.
>>
I like how much weight Ren put behind his strikes. He would swing that thing around like it had a real density, as if it wasn't just a light little saber.
>>
>>63994834
No I was rooting for her until the force shenanigans.
It just seemed too quick to achieve.
And Ren literally just lets her zone out for a moment to no consequence.
I really wanted her to end the little edgelord, but not in that way.
>>
>>63994834
FOR THE MATRIARCHY!
>>
>>63994593
Nope. That would be Ani vs Obi Wan on Mustafar. Take off your videogame goggles, you hobbyless faggots.
>>
>>63994718
>more weight and memes
And more Liam Neeson tßh
>>
File: 1449812192774.png (11 KB, 535x551) Image search: [Google]
1449812192774.png
11 KB, 535x551
>>63994593

Maul vs Obi Wan and Qui Gon ballet shitfest exists
Anakin vs Obi Wan flying around like retards and spinning their lightsabers behind their backs on the lava level exists

so, no. it's not the worst

Dooku vs Obi Wan and Anakin was alright and this one (TFA) was actually better than that, too
>>
>>63994718
I hope Rey gets a saber like Maul's.
>>
>>63994593
Force user that destroys Luke Skywalkers new Jedi council; trained by Master Jedi Luke Skywalker; shown the secrets of the dark side by Snoke (although his training isn't complete).... Defeated by a scavenger that has recently discovered her force powers.... How does this happen?
>>
>>63994593

>doesn't sense that he is about to get shot, literally one of the only skills you do not need to get trained in

This its "designed to be bad" nonsense is the same shit they use with the lightsaber and the 'exhaust ports' yes..the exhaust ports that never studder in their emissions at all, a completely consistent length that never goes beyond a crossguard length and dissipates perfectly despite the fact we know bent plasma is the only way to make the blade..so what is stopping the exhaust ends?

Shitty shit. I could handle Rey doing as well as she did if Finn didn't hit him and yes I know Jacen wasn't a master lightsaber artist but this is really fucking shitty.

A non-force user managed to hit him.
>>
>>63994645
Based post
>>
>>63994593
That isn't obi and anakin vs Dooku in EP2
>>
>>63994593
That's not a picture of Yoda and Dooku
>>
>>63995324
The film is vague, so no one really knows what happens. However given that the visual directory and the novelization both states that Ren is very powerful, its probably easy to believe that he killed Jedi.
>>
>>63995348

how could you possibly think that was worse than the Maul or Mustafar fights?
>>
>>63994736
Vader v. Obi Wan, you knuckle dragging butt pirate.
>>
>>63995324
>new Jedi council

In the flashback they're just padawans who havent even made a lightsaber yet.

but yeah rey being good at everything is bullshit
>>
File: rey sith.jpg (145 KB, 998x491) Image search: [Google]
rey sith.jpg
145 KB, 998x491
>>63995271
>>
Did Ren have teleporting abilities?
>>
>>63995324
he got shot by a fuckin bowcaster that han had just spent the whole movie telling us how insanely powerful it was
>>
>>63995457
What? No nigger.
>>
>>63994695

>we're told repeatedly that embracing the dark side makes you more powerful (at least short term)
>character embraces the dark side and becomes more powerful
>people on /tv/ get mad for some reason
>>
>>63994593

It was literally second to luke in VI
>>
>>63995625
So by embracing the dark side she defeats a user of the force that has been trained under a Master Jedi and Snoke, that has converted over to the dark side. Luke did use his anger to strike Vader down, but that was after he to trained under a master Jedi and learned the ways of the force.
>>
>>63994718

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

lol
>>
>>63995013

You have to remember Kylo might not have been trying to kill her, snoke told him to bring her to him
>>
>>63995682
>that has been trained under a Master Jedi and Snoke

In the process of being trained. Snoke tells kylo to come to him and finish his training
>>
File: KyloRenAnon.png (46 KB, 1319x306) Image search: [Google]
KyloRenAnon.png
46 KB, 1319x306
>>63995324
No idea how it happened
>>
It's one of the best swordfights I've seen in a very long time. It felt like two barely trained people desperately swinging around trying to kill each other.

I > V > VI = VII > III >>>>>>>>> II > IV
>>
>>63994695
I thought that was stupid too.

I would of preferred kylo beating her like he did with finn. Then when they had that moment with their sabers locked, the chasm appears under them and she force pushes kylo.
>>
>>63995768

JJ turned Force users into Twilight vampires

The newer they are, the stronger they are
>>
>>63995793

>I
>best lightsaber fight
>when you're praising VII for how genuine it was
explain yourself
>>
>>63994834

post the part where she does that awesome looking hand spin with the saber.
>>
>>63995396
>wasted oppurtunity to use double lightsaber fighting
>the wierd edits
>the stupid cutting back to the faces of anakin and Dooku and the flashing lights if their lightsabers

At least the others qualify as fights, this was more of a spasm
>>
>>63994896
That is the expression of focus and determination. I realize, though, that people with aspergers have difficulty realizing that the human face can express more than happy, sad, and angry.
>>
>>63995863
I thought Phantom Menace gets away with it because of how ridiculously flashy it was. It didn't do some sort of half assed hybrid of flashy combat with some realism thrown in like typical Hollywood movies, it went all out.

Then again, I haven't watched it in a while so maybe it's not as great as I remember. And no, those videos picking apart specific moves don't mean a thing to me.
>>
>>63995768
That post makes sense and it's obvious what they were trying to do, but I don't think they got the balance right. They tried to set this whole thing up by having Han suddenly take an interest in Chewie's bowcaster so we knew how OP it was, which just seemed stupid considering they've known each other 50 years. Then they just fucked it up making Rey suddenly train herself to be a Jedi, she was fucking with Kylo's shit during the interrogation long before he got shot. Despite all the irritating references and fanservice I was pretty much on board until the final 30 minutes or so and it just well full retard.
>>
>>63994593
I fucking love the sabers
They look hot. Like if you put your face in front of it you'd burn yourself.
Fuck Finns shoulder must hurt
>>
File: Lukevaderesb.png (2 MB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
Lukevaderesb.png
2 MB, 1919x816
>>63994645
>>that lighting from the glow of the lightsabers
Antithesis to the best shot scene in the franchise.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
Reminder that they establish Rey as competent at fighting with a stick all the way back on Jakku
it's not like the lightsaber duel at the end is the first time she's ever fought
>>
>>63994695
>it was good until Rey had that fucking epiphany next to the chasm and then started going all goddamn Neo on everything

Yeah, throughout this whole movie the look on Rey's face and the way she acted about her new powers made me constantly think that I could quite easily imagine her being an autist who spent her life browsing Internet forums and reading about what Jedi can do, and now she's going out and doing it for herself at random times.

Whenever she does a new Jedi trick in the movie it felt like watching Chris-chan do his Curse-Ye-Ha-Me-Ha, except in her case there's the big joke that it actually worked.
>>
>>63995768
I agree with what you're saying, but my first reaction to the movie after Kylo gets beat down is that Kylo is no longer a threat, wounded or not, and is not a very powerful force user, or Rey is going to be Jedi Jesus of the trilogy. Which then made me think that this movie could of adapted perfectly for Episode I if they were going to base a movie on Anakin being the Force Jesus of the galaxy.

Autism is getting to me.
>>
>>63995738
Nigger he's fucking 30 years old. The excuse of lack of experience or training doesn't fly when he gets his ass easily beaten by someone with literally ZERO training or experience. It's fucking retarded.
>>
phantom menaces was shit. Its only somewhat well liked because duel of the fates is godly and the other 3 concurrent battle sequences are unspeakably awful.
>>
>>63996187

>Jacen at 30 was basically taking on the entire Jedi Order by himself and running the galaxy.
>>
File: 1447320982774.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1447320982774.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
Oh no, it didn't have a bunch of passionless assholes doing choreographed ninja shit! My ADD prevents me from paying attention to a scene with actual emotion that looks like a real fight.

Why do you people literally hate the best things about this movie? Being contrarian doesn't mean shit when you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>63996187
>he's fucking 30 years old.

according to what?
>>
>>63996189

Careful friend, /tv/ defends the prequels now because expressing hatred for them is popular.
>>
>>63996230

>implying "its designed to be bad" is a good defense for eating soupy shit by walmart knockoff corporation

Keep defending soulless cash grabs anon, it'll work some day
>>
>>63995768
>most powerful force pushing ever seen in the films

Obi-Wan casually flicks Grievous fifty feet into the air, and General Coughsalot is certainly heavier than Rey.

Also, since EU is finally in the garbage, can we stop calling it force push and just say telekinesis?
>>
>>63994593
>thinking this is superior to an actual fight
>>
>>63996187
>he gets his ass easily beaten by someone with literally ZERO training or experience

Rey was already proficient in stick combat, you see her fight people on jakku trying to steal BB8. It's not too dissimilar to using a lightsaber

Kylo had been wounded by a gun which one shot kills stormtroopers and he was an emotionally unstable wreck by that point, he wasn't exactly at peak fighting condition

There are also no people for him to have lightsaber duelled with
>>
>>63996307

It WASN'T bad. It was great. It looked like a real fight and had a lot of emotion. Nothing like the dumb, drawn out shit from the prequels.

In this movie we had one really good lightsaber duel, versus the prequels where lightsabers show up in pretty much every single fucking scene.
>>
>>63996187

The actor is 32, but I think the character is meant to be a bit younger than that.

I assumed he was meant to be similar in age to Rey and Finn but perhaps a few years older (mid-twenties?).

It's not explicitly stated in the film though, does any of the tie-ins mention it?
>>
>>63994834
>women
>strong
In this moment I am euphoric. Not because of some phony patriarchal blessing but from the enlightenment of a diversity laden science fiction fantasy film.
>>
>>63994896
That's her being a stronk wymyn. Wymyn can't be dark side force users because they can do no wrong.
>>
>>63996307

'Bad' in this case is not that the execution of the fight was bad, but you can see the imperfections in their fighting techniques because they are inexperienced

stop memeing
>>
Yes, Rey is the most retarded fighter I have ever seen. When she put her lightsaber over her head and behind her she could've been killed a billion times. Shit movie, shit ending
>>
>>63996187

Kylo loses because he loses focus due to his extensive injury. In case you're a moron, the movie repeatedly showed us as an audience how powerful Chewie's bowcaster is, and Kylo Ren took a blast right in the gut, which would have killed anyone else.

It is very clearly explained, visually, why Kylo Ren lost to two inexperienced individuals. If you couldn't pick up the very obvious hints being dropped during the film you may have ADHD.
>>
Why did Ren turn to the darkside, it makes zero fucking sense?
>>
>>63996417

>slowly helicopters away from your bad memery
>>
I liked it but it needed to be a bit longer.

Not necessarily in actual clashes but maybe one initial confrontation inside the Starkiller structure and then one outside.

These movies need stronger iconic scenes and that winter forest location is just a bit too bland.
>>
>>63994612

>Implying the lightsaber batter between Ben and Vader is about the swordsmanship.

Child detected.
>>
>>63996351
Oh, lawd....did they actually choreograph that or do you think they just said, "Hold the sticks and spazz out. We'll add everything in post"
>>
>>63996351
Jesus fuck I could never be an actor in the modern day, I'd fell like a complete tool having to do this shit with a serious look on my face. No wonder Sir Ian McKellen nearly had a nervous breakdown on the set of Hobbit.
>>
File: 1450585236949.jpg (106 KB, 635x315) Image search: [Google]
1450585236949.jpg
106 KB, 635x315
>>63995987
>denying Darth Rey
>>
>>63996463

The obvious hints weren't enough to excuse it.

Even with his injuries he made short work of Finn as soon as it got real and Finn nicked him.

Then he was dominating Rey up to the point where she had a meditative moment and leveled up her lightsaber skill and kicked his ass.
Not to mention that a woman that's probably half his weight managed to wrestle him to the ground.
That's a bit crap considering that Kylo has apparently been training in the dark side for about 10 years.

In fact his entire age thing is weird since he's about 30 yet acts like he's 17.
>>
>>63994834

Sheev's body was destroyed, but not his spirit.

Rey was a padawan of Luke, but Sheev went into her body.

He sensed her evil, but couldn't bring himself to kill her. So he send her to Jakku in oder to keep her away from the First Order.

That's why she can so easily tap into Force stuff. She can channel Sheev's knowledge.
>>
Did people not understand that the entire reason we see Rei with the staff is to establish she knows how to fight with a melee weapon? Is /tv/'s collective memory that fucking poor?
>>
>>63996534

if I can remember right most of what they're doing there is reflecting laser shots
that's too many people to realistically choreograph and the shot is so dense it doesn't matter so they probably did just tell them 'swing your lightsaber around as if you're defending yourself and we'll make it work in post
>>
>>63996351
>Okay guys I just need you to pretend that there's an army shooting at you
>Hershlag shoot in the air at random and pretend the blue screen is robots
>>
>>63996572

In that time, Finn injured Kylo even further though. On his dominant side to boot.
>>
>>63996586

wrong, that was to establish she likes long brown phalluses
>>
>>63996586
>Is /tv/'s collective memory that fucking poor?

not just that but they also want to actively search for reasons to criticise the movie
>>
>>63996354
He still gets overpowered in the Force by a totally untrained girl he's supposed to interrogating, he hadn't been shot then. They had clearly already made Rey a massive Mary Sue, him getting shot was just thrown in to help explain him losing the big fight at the end, all that shit with Han and the bowcaster seemed so out of place it didn't help for me, it just highlighted how retarded the whole thing was.
>>
But that's not Dooku v Yoda
>>
File: 1438298539473.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1438298539473.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
One of the best parts of the movie was the contrast between Kylo and Vader.

>Something goes wrong for Vader
>"You have failed me for the last time"
>Then proceeds to either get more capable hands on board, or does the job himself

>Something goes wrong for Ren
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NIGGER GIVE ME MY PRISONER BACK GOD FUCKING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN"

It's a mockery of every edgy teen who wants to be/idolizes villains while possessing none of the ice-cold fortitude to do so.
>>
>>63996601
>>63996351

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYrwFylaY8

>he keeps trying to post it
>>
>>63996632

I don't know. It was a legitimately good movie. I guess /tv/ hates it for the same reason /v/ hates any massively popular game: it's popular and 'normies' like it so it must be bad. This is also why so many people here defend the prequels: because they're so massively despised.
>>
>>63996463
He loses to Rey before he gets shot when he tries to fuck with her mind. Explain that to me.
>>
File: 1361046831735.jpg (112 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1361046831735.jpg
112 KB, 894x894
>>63994593

That title goes to Obi Wan vs Admiral Bonetopick
>>
>>63996598
Imagine taking a leisurely hike through the woods and coming across this.
>>
>>63996652
>He still gets overpowered in the Force by a totally untrained girl he's supposed to interrogating,

Because he wasn't expecting it. She surprised him and got into his head because it didn't even occur to him that she would be Force sensitive.

Again, very clear explanation here. It's not bad writing, it's you being obtuse.
>>
>>63996688

- edited by Kylo Ren
>>
>>63996691
It's a 6.5/10, possibly a 7/10. It's nothing special and doesn't deserve praise just because it's Star Wars.
>>
>>63996652

When kylo interrogates rey he learns that she has strong force powers, but more importantly he learns that she's bonded with his father in a way that he never did. The way he delivers those lines shows that he's legitimately upset when he learns that last part. At his core kylo is insecure and vulnerable and that fact hit him hard psychologically

aka pay fucking attention
>>
>>63995402
As memeish as it would be, it would also kinda make sense and be pretty cool if Rey got a maul saber.
>>
>>63996691

>soulless cash grab that is found to be the exact copy of something else

>why dont they like it guise? Comeon!
>>
I think that what the people making the movie were trying to get across is that Ren had been greatly wounded before the fight, but they fucked up the execution, especially with the last part of the fight where she suddenly gets some sort of epiphany and is immediately better after losing and being pushed back the entire time before that.
>>
>>63996696

he is an insecure angstmaster is why
>>
>>63996696

Explained here:

>>63996716
>>
>>63996735
>exact copy

Shitty meme, there are similarities but there are also plenty of differences
>>
>>63996586
>>63996632

Is your memory so poor you forget how Kylo Ren gets owned in the interrogation room? Explain that one you JJ shill.
>>
>>63996519
Fucking this. Vader vs Obi is a lot more interesting than the god-awful Mustafar duel which had some initial weight but then continued for 30 minutes too long.
>>
>>63994834
I just noticed she never changed out of that desert outfit for the whole movie. It must smell like and be soaked in sweat
>>
>>63996723

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daE1AQC0wKM
>>
>>63996735

Being a cash grab doesn't mean it's a bad film. The entire purpose of this movie was to wash away the taint of the prequels and reestablish the Star Wars universe. The next one will probably be completely original.
>>
>>63996771

read the fucking thread
>>63996716
>>63996729

Or better yet, pay attention to the actual film when you watch it
>>
>>63996729
>>63996716

Yeah that explains it, a guy who's been trained for years get owned in the Force by an untrained girl because "he didn't expect it"

Jesus Christ you fanboys will defend anything.
>>
>>63996781

I mean to be fair I'm pretty sure the movie takes place within the span of like, a day.

I said that jokingly, but now I don't know.
>>
>>63995995
The duel in phantom menace looks like a complex dance routine more than a fight. Also there's very little emotional involvement (til quigon dies partway thru) since Darth Maul has like 2 lines in the whole film, he's just kind of a generic bad guy. In VII Rey and Kylo hAve a major beef with eachother for a number of reasons and their fight makes sense on a character level
>>
>>63996830

... Yeah. That's kind of like, a classic story telling element. An expert being spurned or beaten by a beginner because their hubris got the best of them.

Do you even like stories? What's your fucking deal?
>>
>>63996830

Did you miss the part where Kylo's an insecure, vulnerable emotional child who hides behind a mask to intimidate people, and when he took off the mask his vulnerabilities were revealed
>>
>>63996798
So he wasn't expecting that some random girl would suddenly train herself to be a Jedi out of nowhere, and be able to use techniques he had clearly been trained to use? Yeah I can understand that I suppose, but this is still part of the same shitty writing you're trying to defend.
>>
The problem with this fight is that there's no tension when she fights Kylo again. He'd have to decidedly thrash her to be regain even a shred of the menace he had at the start of the movie but we all know that's not going to happen especially now she's getting proper training.

Knights of Renn more like team rocket
>>
>>63996904

It's not. It makes perfect sense. You just want to make excuses to hate this movie. There is nothing wrong with that scene.
>>
>>63996868
>>63996888
>warrior with training goes up against untrained opponent
>opponent suddenly displays skills they shouldn't even know
>trained warrior gets owned because he didn't expect it
>this is considered good writing to JJ shills
>>
>>63996928
How do you know she's getting training? Luke might have better things to do.
>>
>>63994593
No. That would be Yoda vs Dooku.
>>
>>63996935
Yup, makes perfect sense if you need to wrap up the story so come up with this fucking unbelievable drivel.
>>
>>63996904

>I understand but it's still shit because I say so
what?

>>63996928
The whole point of kylo and rey is that they're to an extent relative equals who are both inexperienced and young, over the course of the movies both of them will improve their skills and it's effectively a race for them to become better than the other

VIII will likely have kylo win to show how he's improved his skills and become more of a real threat, then IX will have rey win because good triumps evil
>>
>>63996960
>untrained opponent

She is trained with melee combat, she fights and beats other scavengers back on jakku at the very start of the movie
or did you not watch the movie?
>>
>>63996963

The distance won't stare into itself
>>
>>63994593
That's a weird way of spelling best.
>>
>>63996904
It's called talent, some people are better than others at some things. It's clear that Rey has much more potential than Ren even after he got trained. It's what they did in the prequels with Anakin, but without that retarded midchlorian bullshit.
>>
File: onix.png (58 KB, 298x251) Image search: [Google]
onix.png
58 KB, 298x251
>>63996960

How dishonest can you be? There are explanations for each situation. In the duel, Ren is injured and crazed, clearly not in prime fighting condition. When he raids Rei's mind, he's surprised by her ability with the Force is is caught with his pants down.

Easy explanations that are easily understood by any normal, thinking person.
>>
>>63997029
It isn't the worst but if you honestly think it's the best you're retarded.

I know this is bait
>>
>>63996391
he!
>>
>>63997051
Why must you finish off your posts with silly insults? It just makes you sound childish, insecure and totally undermines your entire argument.
>>
>>63997094

May not be the best, but it's a great scene. Definitely better than literally any scene in the prequels.
>>
>>63997140
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>63997122

No it doesn't. You deserve to be insulted for being so dishonest in representing the truth of the situation. You present half truths to make your argument look stronger, when in reality there is a clear explanation that nullifies your stance.
>>
>>63994633
>ren
>untrained
he has at least 25 years and can fucking stop sniper bl;aster fire in fucking mid air, not even Vader could do that
get the fuck outta here
>>
>>63997175
>not even Vader could do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHH6YVHGh90

Confirmed for little child.
>>
>>63997031
Why must Rey have much more potential? If they are both grandchildren of Vader what is it exactly that makes Rey superior? Plot armour?

It still comes down to the fact that you had a trained Force user against one that didn't even know for sure if the Force existed until Han Solo told her hours before. They can throw in the fact that Kylo Ren being shot by the Wookie superblaster explains why he lost the lightsabre fight, but he was getting overpowered before that anyway. I don't care how insecure he is, a trained person does not get outmatched by a complete novice with zero experience.
>>
>>63997239

especially considering they should have similar potential and the fact he has training
>>
>>63997140
It's second only to the battle between Luke and Vader in ROTJ imo

>>63997239
>Why must Rey have much more potential?

Rey isn't trying to be dark and edgy like Kylo so she isn't conflicted
>>
>>63997239
His purpose was not to kill Rey. He needed her alive to get in her mind and retrieve the map, since BB-8 was gone. He even tries to seduce her to the dark side.
>>
>>63997229

To be fair, Vader just took it in his hand. He didn't stop the damn thing.
>>
>>63997239

What about when that trained person is incredibly insecure and prone to unrestrained fits of rage?
>>
>>63997292
Vader doesn't give a fuck about showing off though
>>
God, is /tv/ retarded or just pretending?
>kylo was severe injured
>Finn had been trained for combat is entire life, ofc he can survive one minute againts a jedi/sith who is about to pass out
>Rey didnt have an epyphany or shit. She concentrated and felt the Force. That's the shit you need to actually fight with a lightsaber
>Again, Kylo was about to die from his blaster shoot
>>
>>63997172
You've chosen to embrace terrible, lazy storytelling and have swallowed whatever explanation these hacks have thrown at you. That just makes you a gullible fool, and pretending I'm being "dishonest" or have some kind of agenda, when I'm just expressing my personal perspective, makes shows you up as the immature brat you are.

Enjoy the rest of your shitty trilogy, faggot.
>>
>>63997292
Yes, which makes it even more badass. You literally deflect blaster shots with your hands instead of stopping a shot momentarily that will proceed when you walk away.
>>
>>63997229
>stopping in mid air
>hitting his hand
go be a nigger someplace else
>>
>CHEWIE YOUR BOWCASTER SHURE IS POWERFUL, I'VE ONLY JUST NOTICED AFTER 50 YEARS FOR SOME REASON
>HEY STORMTROOPER IOM GONNA TRY A MIND TRICK ON YOU EVEN THO I DONT KNOW WHAT A MIND TRICK IS, I THOUGHT THE FORCE WAS A MYTH UNTIL ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AGO YOU SEE

Bravo Ibrahim
>>
>>63997329

Your "personal perspective" is based off ignoring the clear hints that were dropped throughout the film that clearly explain the "issues" you have totally invented with the film. I'm sorry you can't allow yourself to enjoy anything simply because it's a blockbuster. Shit, the original trilogy was hardly fucking cerebral.

What a fucking ponce.
>>
File: 1350244694310.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1350244694310.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>63997351
>Falling for Kylo's showboating
>>
>>63997351
Hold on to moronic technicalities all you want, you've proven that you're autistic and that you don't know shit about Star Wars.
>>
>>63994593
No it was good.
Better than all of the prequel fights.

Better than new hope even.
>>
>>63997390
Movie sucks, fuck my life when now I like the prequels over this steamy pile of elephant shit
>>
>>63995625
>>character embraces the dark side and becomes more powerful
But she was closing her eyes and finding serenity. She was not specifically embracing the dark side.
>>
>>63997327

It's legit. This shit has been going on since the fucking movie came out.
>>
>>63997411
That is why I wrote in mid air you nigglet, I could have just said with his hands, you HPD imbecilic fuck
>>
>>63994834
>>63995013
Why does everybody always forget that the guy she's fighting just got shot in the chest with an exploding crossbow bolt? Also he got cut in the arms and legs by Finn. He's all kinds of fucked up. A 3 year old child could probably beat him iin that scenes by lightly pushing him over
>>
>>63996187
>ZERO training or experience
it's fucking obvious she was trained by her dad. Ben went berserk, killed younglings, Luke hid Rey and exiled himself so no one would find out that his daughter is alive.
>>
>>63997520

They don't forget. They just choose to ignore it so they can justify their misplaced angst.
>>
>>63997544
>Ben went berserk, killed younglings

Except he and Rey are close in age. I don't think Kylo was killing kiddos at age ten.
>>
>>63994593
the lightsaber battles are finally good. they take the style from the OT (past a new hope) but add a lot of impact to the attacks via sound and effects.
>>
>>63996230
Except its fucking retarded to swing your lightsaber like a fucking drunken retard when you can augment your body with Force and do the ninja shit. Ren could have killed them both in seconds that way. Anyway, you're watching a space fantasy with samurai wizards and you want realistic fighting?
>>
File: darth-maul-main.jpg (260 KB, 1200x729) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul-main.jpg
260 KB, 1200x729
Miss me yet?
>>
>>63997618
He did not want to kill Rey. Stop conveniently ignoring arguments that prove you're wrong.
>>
File: 1364477756116.jpg (166 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
1364477756116.jpg
166 KB, 669x667
>>63997618
>>
>>63997641
no, you were stylish but had 0 personalility
>>
>>63997520
They did allude the crossbow bolt stuff right? I think 3 times in the movie of how powerful it is?

He might have a whole in his stomach, to which he was punching himself as well thinking that pain makes him more powerful.

Her overpowering Ren at the end made sense.
>>
>>63997390
But Rey clearly knows what a jedi mind trick is, that's why she tried to use it.
>>
>>63997670
>They did allude the crossbow bolt stuff right? I think 3 times in the movie of how powerful it is?
this. the movie specifically showed multiple times how strong it is AND reminded the audience that he is hurt by him beating himself and blood coming out.

at one point I thought they were overdoing it to show he's heavily wounded, but so many people stil don't seem to get it, they souldve made him shout "THE ONLY REASON YOU STROKE ME DOWN WAS BECAUSE I WAS WOUNDED"
>>
>>63997390
>I THOUGHT THE FORCE WAS A MYTH UNTIL ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AGO YOU SEE
if she obviously knew about the force, even thikning it's a myth, it's anything but a strech to assume she's heard of jedi mind tricks aswell
>>
>>63996519
>>63996780
>it's not about the fight! it's muh emotion!

This is what OTfags actually delude themselves into thinking.
>>
>>63997641

Literally an object designed to look cool and use a unique weapon. Darth Maul isn't a character. I'd say he's a robot but the robots in Star Wars have far more character than Maul did.
>>
Why did the interplanetary weapon become a dorf star?
Considering every time it shoots, it consumes a star, wouldn't it be a single time use weapon unless you could move the whole thing?
Why was it still light when the star went poof?
How do two whites result in a curry?
Why couldn't they just go to destination, considering they already had the system and planet where Luke was?
Weren't storm troopers clones?
That scottsman gang leader was pretty good, though.
>>
>>63994830
It's a good thing you don't watch movies at 1 fps.
>>
>>63997390

Rey knew about the force and she knew about luke skywalker, it's not a stretch of any imagination to suggest she's heard of jedi mind tricks. Even that jew elephant thing had heard of them, they're not exactly a secret
>>
>>63996571
I wonder if there has been a woman sith?
>>
>>63997641
I wish he could have been in more movies.
>>
>>63997789
You don't understand movies. Go watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, there's plenty of flying ninjas there.
>>
>>63997789

It isn't about the fight. That's plainly obvious if you watch the fucking movie.
>>
>>63997802
Considering the role he played as slave assassin, I think his character is perfect.

He's the ultimate slave of Sidious and fills the role of silent assassin. Him not talking much, especially the people he is fighting, adds to his intimidation factor.
>>
File: 3084994019_2_3_OrnGL2i9.jpg (65 KB, 824x696) Image search: [Google]
3084994019_2_3_OrnGL2i9.jpg
65 KB, 824x696
>>63997641

How can I miss what isn't dead
>>
>>63997814

not in the movies so far but if Darth Bane does remain canon, his apprentice is a woman.
>>
>>63997802
>>63997882

If you consider only the theatrical release movies, who is more of a shitty almost-silent background character thats meant to be badass but doesn't quite manage it:

Boba Fett or Darth Maul?
>>
I wanted to throw this idea around with you guys as this is what I saw from the movie.

I think Disney changed large parts of the movie mid-production, that is the only reason the glaring continuity flaws make sense to me.

The beginning of the movie was set up for Finn to become a Jedi and Rey to become the next version of Han Solo.

Both characters had excellent build up: Kylo sensed Finn's connection to the Force at the very first scene of the film and continued from there on out, Rey obviously wanted to leave her planet and find her parents.

Suddenly Rey is a force-user for no reason and Kylo shifts all attention to her, even though everyone on his ship was talking about capturing Finn for the first quarter of the film. Then Rey's motivation suddenly changes with one line of cheap, shitty dialogue about wanting to go back to Jakku and wait for her parents, despite being shown in two consecutive scenes that she wants to fucking leave Jakku for good.

What's really bugging me is that I'm not sure if it was Disney who did it or JJ.
>>
>>63997955

Fair point, I'll give it to you.
>>
>>63995857
>The newer they are, the stronger they are
Isn't that kind of how life really works?
Athletes today would mop the floor with ones in the past. People are always finding ways to do something better, or more efficient.

Imagine the first decade of hockey players in their prime, against the new decade of hockey players in their prime.
The first ones wouldn't stand a fucking chance.
Students are meant to overcome their masters. Thats the one job of a teacher.
>>
It's really not if you recognize that even though the odds were evened out by Kylo being wounded, AND that Kylo was on the offense most of the time, with Finn and Rey frantically trying to block his swings.
But Rey's 30 second call to the force was retarded.
>>
>>63997955

Maul is worse

Boba speaks a small amount, enough to get a basic gauge of his personality. And he also gets shit done that negatively impacts our main characters

When maul is revealed they're straight into a lightsaber duel where he dies straight away, I don't think he even speaks once
>>
>>63997726
/tv/ is retarded
>>
>>63997395
It's kind of hard to ignore the hints, son. Han Solo suddenly creaming himself over a weapon he's seen being used for half a century stuck out so much I wondered why the fuck he was going on about it. There are no other hints other than that. There are no hints that explain why a girl suddenly starts out mindfucking a trained Force user or using Obi Wan's mind tricks out of nowhere.
>>
File: lead_960.jpg (74 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
74 KB, 960x640
>>63994593

Star wars the force awakens was trash

>mary sue protagonist
>awkward chemistry between han solo and leia that was merely for nostalgia fags

leia should have been killed off. No one wants to see some ugly old woman hug han solo

>too much cgi(like always in these kinds of films)

it looked like a fucking video game in some scenes. people whine about the revenge of sith looking like a video game. This movie was no different.
>ugly cgi alien characters
>the uninteresting villains (like that kylo ren emo-faggot (who is just like anakin skywalker in the prequels) and his master who looks like he came out of the movie prometheus)
>luke skywalker continues to train jedi and such even though jedi can possibly become siths and cause suffering and death(this makes luke skywalker a fucking reckless moron in my opinion)
>kylo ren likes darth vader as if he died a sith lord at the end of return of the jedi

how did he get darth vader's mask btw? i am pretty sure luke burned that shit.

>directed by jj abrams who ruined star trek
>>
>>63997955
Boba fett. Darth maul actually killed Quii Gon. Darth maul is sadly underused. But I understand why he had to die. He ultimately was an inferior second in command than Dooku. Dooku was more cunning, wise, knowledgeable with the force. Sidious basically had to direct Maul as his hand, with Dooku, sidious had someone who he could trust to act on his own.
>>
>>63997804
Please respond.
>>
>>63997955
Boba Fett wasn't a shitty character. A lot of his character building was done by showing how he interacted with Vader and how he was actually capable.
>>
>>63998058
I like boba fett better awell, but maul got the cooler death, such a pty how they killed fett off like a bitch
>>
File: angrydog.jpg (17 KB, 211x241) Image search: [Google]
angrydog.jpg
17 KB, 211x241
>>63998039
>how did he get darth vader's mask btw? i am pretty sure luke burned that shit.

Yeah... if you look at the picture you posted, you'd see his helmet is melted and charred. Probably because metal doesn't really, you know, burn.
>>
>>63998022
You just havent seen the movie in a while I take it. Maul is first revealed through hologram speaking to the Neumodians. Then later he arrives on tatooine, sends out scooting droids and jumps on his speeder. He fights Quii Gon in the desert. Later on coruscant, he speaks with Sidious. Here, we hear Maul's oddly british and noble accent. Then he fights Quii Gon and Obi wan and is killed.
>>
>>63998022
I agree with you but just for the record:

>Darth Maul: Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the homing trace is correct, I will find them quickly, Master.

>Darth Sideous: Move against the Jedi first. You will then have no difficulty in taking the Queen back to Naboo to sign the treaty.

>Darth Maul: At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

>Darth Sideous: You have been well trained my young apprentice. They will be no match for you.

Another point though, if we ignore EU shittery, what was the point of Vader summoning all the highly distinct bounty hunters in Ep V? I understand they're trying to show how desperate Vader is, but immediately after that scene they show Boba Fett following the Falcon. Why didn't Vader just hire Boba straight off on his own? I watched it again recently and I remembered that scene but had forgotten how quickly the other Bounty Hunters became irrelevant.

Or was it all just to sell toys?
>>
>>63998092
It looked more like it was calcified as if it were made of bones.
>>
>>63998033
>Obi Wan's mind tricks

Luke and Quigon both use/attempt to use mind tricks, and the civillians they use it on are aware that they exist. They're not obi-wan's secret weapon that nobody knows about, it's straight out logical that they're part of the legend that's developed regarding jedis and the force
>>
>>63998117

Han Solo is a smuggler and a lowlife, like the bounty hunters hired by Vader. He probably thought they'd better at thinking like a smuggler than the Empire, and harder to see coming.
>>
>>63997804
>Why did the interplanetary weapon become a dorf star?
Because it absorbed a star and they destroyed its macguffin that kept the energy stable, thus the energy got out and was a star.

>Considering every time it shoots, it consumes a star, wouldn't it be a single time use weapon unless you could move the whole thing?
They probably move the whole thing, then.

>Why was it still light when the star went poof?
So you could see what was happening in the film.

>How do two whites result in a curry?
Leia cucked Han.

>Why couldn't they just go to destination, considering they already had the system and planet where Luke was?
They explicitly mentioned BB-8's map being unexplored space - they didn't know where the system fit in the galaxy.

>Weren't storm troopers clones?
No. No Star Wars canon has ever said stormtroopers were all clones.
>>
>>63998089
Yeah his father had a cooler death sequence. We basically got Lucas' giving us what Boba should have been with Jango's fight scenes:
-obi wan vs jango- get to see missle launcher from his backpack, flying and shooting at obi wan, his forearm blades, grappling hook
-dogfight- awesome seens of the modified Slave I and a jedi starfighter going at it
-jango vs windu- flame thrower deployed, gunslinger tier gun spinning, taking down an alien bull
>>
>>63998080
The problem is that the feel we get from him is far less than what we actually see him accomplish on screen.

The entire tone about him is super special bounty hunter that even Vader trusts to get the hard jobs done, but all he does well on camera when we see him is track the Falcon. Then he just hangs around Jabbas palace and gets eaten.

There's a disconnect between what he's intended to be and what we see him do, and the only way to get around that would be to have shown him do some epic bounty hunt on camera, but that would in turn have been stupid because he's a background character and that would have detracted from the movies.

And if they had gone for adding a line of "Boba Fett! The galaxy's most feared bounty hunter with over 1000 confirmed kills!" that would have been even worse.
>>
>>63998133
I know karate exists, doesn't mean I can chop through wood and flying kick people in the head
>>
>>63998108

fair point, although ultimately the point I made about boba fett negatively impacting the heroes more still stands. And boba's limited lines of dialogue do a better job of establishing his personality than >>63998117 does with maul
>>
>>63998092

if it were metal, it wouldn't be damaged as it is. it looks like it is made out of plastic
>>
>>63998188
>They probably move the whole thing, then.
But it shot. Twice.
From the same place.
>They explicitly mentioned BB-8's map being unexplored space - they didn't know where the system fit in the galaxy.
Han only mentioned that it was part of the map before going on about how jedi and the force are real.
>>
>>63998159
I understand that all; but the bounty hunters aside from Boba became immediately irrelevant after that scene.

I suppose its one of those things thats meant to show what a big galaxy it is with all these varied people, but I guess it just fucks with my autism. They look so distinct and do nothing.
>>
>>63998218
The only problem with Boba Fett was his shitty death for a few giggles. Fuck you Lucas
>>
>>63998218
Boba Fett was just a minor character, Lucas has said he had no idea he would be so popular, that's why he is barley seen and gets a shitty death.
>>
>>63998219

if karate was a power inside of you that gave you super strength when you make chopping movements, and you discovered you had that power inside of you, you would be able to to karate damage when you made chopping movements
>>
>>63998219
no but you could attempt it, and after a few tries you might do an okay job, besides a regular stormtrooper is one of the easier targets for a mind trick, so you might not be able to chop through wood but through cardboard
>>
>>63996960
I don't think Ren actually had any combat training. He swings his glow stick wildly with haymaker-esque attacks. He has been getting by with force intuition and maybe force enhanced reflexes. Those advantages were leveled once Rey had her awakening; those attuned to the force can utilize those aspects of it even without training (little boy anakin, Ezra from rebels). Also, Finn was likely the first person Ren ever faced in a lightsaber duel.
>>
>>63998229
>>63998092

maybe its neither.
>>
>>63998300
i think that's rather unlikely since he was in luke's academy but who knows he might not have trained them lightsabers at young age, which could have been one reason for kylo to revolt
>>
>>63996519
What's sad is that I watched the pinklett review of the prequel trilogy yesterday night after seeing it referenced so many times and not only was it shit, but I can now see how everyone just regurgitates what they heard from him. Why do people watch red letter media? Are the other videos much better?
>>
>>63998243
>But it shot. Twice.
>From the same place.
I guess it was already charged? Dunno, they don't explain that explicitly.

>Han only mentioned that it was part of the map before going on about how jedi and the force are real.
I think C-3PO also talked about it in the base.
>>
>>63996000
This anon knows it.You can clearly see what are JJ and Kasdan trying to do in the movie (i mean, it's a fucking star wars movie) and it makes sense but the execution is just wrong. Specially the final act. Also no one can explain why Kylo didn't use force push on Finn like he did on Rey. Kylo just went full retard for the sake of plot and started doing fancy moves while losing blood and then Rey beat his ass.

In fact, he was winning the duel against Rey while losing blood until Rey went Naruto out of nowhere.
>>
>>63998243
>Han only mentioned that it was part of the map before going on about how jedi and the force are real.
Not the guy you are responding too, but they clearly said that the map was in uncharted territory. This was at the resistance base.
>>
>>63998343
>Kylo gets mad that he isn't allowed to train with lightsabers so he makes his own edgesaber and kills all the students

Makes sense
>>
>>63998343

My guess is that kylo was the best student there, and snoke seduced him with a 'you're better than all of them, why are you stooping to their level, I can make you greater' trick
>>
>>63998293
Not to mention she failed quite a few times on that partciular storm trooper
>You will untie my restrains and leave the door unlocked

>what....

>you will untie my restrains and leave the door unlocks

>I will tighten your restraints, scavenger scum

>you will untie my restrains and leave the door unlocks

>finally works

That stormtrooper was Daniel Craig
>>
>>63998366
>>63998243
maybe the thing operates like this:
the starkiller base is a planet thus orbiting a sun, but after charging, the sun is gone thus no longer orbiting but freely floating, then it canbe manuvered into another sun's orbit.
to be charged again and attack from else where
>>
>>63998355
Don't be silly people were criticising the prequels for a full decade before Plinkett came along
>>
>>63998389
was that sarcastic? it kinda does make sense, especially given his temper
>>
Nah, Doodu vs. Anakin and Obi Wan and Yoda will always be the worst.
>>
>>63994718
Why didn't this whole fucking army just shoot him dead?

But yeah, prequels so far are still a million times better than this 7 nostalgia cash grab.
>>
>>63998396
I always figured he was the worst and Snoke offered him a way to be better

>>63998446
100% serious. I just wanted to say edgesaber
>>
>>63998463
>prequels so far are still a million times better than this 7 nostalgia cash grab.

When will this meme die.
>>
>>63998355

>not only was it shit

Prequel apologist detected.
>>
>>63994718
>that Geralt mediating
>>
>>63998480
Once the b8 stops working

It wont
>>
File: 1450782418591.png (593 KB, 770x647) Image search: [Google]
1450782418591.png
593 KB, 770x647
>>63994834
Can't put in words how retarded it is that Rey is already this good with the force and the sword after a few minutes.

Those movies are already shit. Please tell me it has less than a 7 on IMDB. Please.
>>
>>63998463

The prequels are better than nothing.
>>
>>63998427
Doesn't really matter desu because it's just a generic "evil doomsday weapon" and the point is that it's menacing, not that you understand every technical aspect of its operation. As long as there's nothing conspicuously immersion-breaking about how it works, the film has done its job.
>>
>>63996519
>Implying the lightsaber batter between Ben and Vader is about the swordsmanship.

Actually it is. Actually it is the only fight in 7 movies that features some actual swordsmanship. And actually it is probably the single least emotional fight in all 7 movies too.
>>
>>63998355
>Why do people watch red letter media?
I personally dont mind them but I was surpirised to see why tv would care. they liked hunger games.
>>
>>63998531
>/pol/tier image

Thanks for letting me know to ignore you
>>
>>63998537
>And actually it is probably the single least emotional fight in all 7 movies

There is no emotion in any of the prequel fights.
>>
>>63998531
Didn't you read this thread?
Didn't you see everything posted that showed how Ren was completely fucked up before the fight, hindering his ability.
Haven't you thought about maybe she let the darkside in, giving her immense power?

I know you didn't see the movie, because you wouldn't be hung up on this part, but you could at least read the thread you are shitposting in.
>>
>>63997520
anger, fear and pain fuel the darkside. he should have been fighting better if anything.
>>
>>63997347

He has robotic hands
>>
>>63994695
I love how all the apologists just blatantly ignore that obvious shonen manga asspull power-up.
>>
>>63996688
I'll miss the time where we had Star Wars actors that weren't physically retarded and actually looked charismatic and hat chemistry.

Darth Potato, fetal alcohol girl and the nigger who is ugly for nigger standards are such a pain to look at.
>>
>>63998531
>Ben puts the helmet on Luke and tells him to block the training drone's shots
>misses the first one
>immediately gets three in a row right after

>Ben dies
>Luke can immediately hear his voice

>Ben's voice tells Luke to "use the force" and "let go"
>in the span of a minute he somehow makes a perfect shot without a targeting computer that a much more experienced pilot with a targeting computer missed
>>
File: 1444565915018.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1444565915018.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>63997813
>that jew elephant thing
lolololol
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.