[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BOBA FETT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 505x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 505x599
Mysterious badass or overrated garbage?
>>
>>63993060
both
>>
>>63993060
overrated garbage
did nothing noteworthy in any movie
>>
>>63993060
Just a background character that looked cool and sold toys
>>
>>63993078
this. i dont understand the love for him. he is basically an extra
>>
>>63993078
>nothing noteworthy
except he was the reason han was captured, luke lost his hand, and lando joined the rebellion
>>
>>63993060
mysterious garbage
>>
>>63993132
Both. He was the former and now he's also the latter because it's become a meme opinion
>>
File: HIGH GROUND.jpg (55 KB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
HIGH GROUND.jpg
55 KB, 1600x681
>>63993060
Meme tier

Now THIS is a good prequel character, too bad he's underrated as fuck here
>>
>>63993085
Why isn't there anyone like this in TFA?

The closest is Fanta and TRAITOR, and both of those are basically just generic stormtroopers.
>>
>>63993132
he was basically just there, vader did all the work
>>
>>63993201
Lack of originality? He really payed the price for his lack of vision
>>
Great action figure seller due to nice design. He just doesn't do much other than look cool.
>>
It's like everybody has these stages in life. First it's "love the armor, what a badass" then "lel killed by a blind man" until finally our opinion is more balanced. No doubt that Boba Fett was supposed to be a badass. He's genuinely awesome in ESB talking back to Vader and finding Han Solo. He was modeled after Clint Eastwood's spaghetti western characters. Thanks to his limited screentime each time we see him is a treat. As a supporting baddie he's perfect. Not sure what happened in ROTJ. At least we saw him using more of his gadgets I guess.

Not sure if his solo movie has been confirmed (and not just mentioned or proposed but like actually greenlighted and with a release year or something). I wonder what's his official status in the new canon. If anything I'd like to see him with fellow bounty hunters from ESB.
>>
>>63993060
Tired of those minor nobodies being mentioned for 40 years as something amazing. We don't know anything about it
Just let it be, its not important. Jeez
>>
>>63993213
all im pointing out, is if he didnt follow the falcon to bespin, a major portion of empire story wouldnt have happened, he might not have done anything in the movie, but his impact was still pretty huge. and he has a cool design going for him
>>
>>63993189
Yea he was the best part about the prequels. Especially in episode III
>>
>>63993268
Well that's the reason the Empire allowed him to make money of it. That's pretty much makes it obvious that he was important to the plan.
>>
>>63993235
>I wonder what's his official status in the new canon
He is
>disintigration happy
>gets beaten by an untrained, blind Like
>generally just a punk
All the new writers are backlashing against his 90s "ultra badass could basically take out all the Jedi and sith at once but doesn't because he's just that cool" portrayal.
>>
>>63993060
>we don't see his face (not a bad thing tho)
>no character development
>dies stupidly
and people still values this guy more than phasma
>>
>>63993268
>is if he didnt follow the falcon to bespin, a major portion of empire story wouldnt have happened

What? Explain this
>>
File: 1379047938279.png (2 MB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1379047938279.png
2 MB, 1000x1333
Where my bossk bros at?
>>
>>63993060
Both He seemed mysterious badass in Empire then in Return he jobs so hard it ruins everything.
>>
>>63993060
The former.
Do you know how many bounty hunters and rebel agents on the way to deliver Han to Jabba?
Would you put it past the Empire to send people after him to recover Solo in hopes of setting up another trap of some sort?

Fuck it, this is what I want a movie or game about.
Boba Fett in between Empire and Return.
I want to see a fight between Boba Fett and Bossk
>>
File: 1403217402750.gif (301 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
1403217402750.gif
301 KB, 430x320
>>63993817
Only IG-88 was smart enough to follow Fett and he got BTFO multiple times.
>>
File: BobaFett-BloodlinesCover.jpg (62 KB, 520x480) Image search: [Google]
BobaFett-BloodlinesCover.jpg
62 KB, 520x480
>>63993687
That's not a bad thing though. Those are wookie pelts on his person after all, not padawan braids. After he became Mandalore in the old EU it was all downhill, especially the part where he trained Jaina

>Did I ever tell you about the time I captured your father and delivered him to the slimiest, most notorious gangster in the outer rim? He was a good friend
>>
>>63993817
Boba and Bossk were total bros. In fact I think Boba was pals with every bounty hunter
>>
Oh and bring back the original voice. It was so cool.
>>
>>63993859
is Shadows of the Empire still canon?
It has no reason not to be, and it was literally Lucas going "I always wanted to do this story, and we can sell more toys and hype up Star Wars again for the prequels I want to do"
and was basically "how close can we get to making a movie without making a movie?"

has literally 0 reason not to be canon
fuck Disney
it's still canon dammit
>>
>>63993957
He was in the EU iirc, but there was still competition occasionally
>>
>>63993965
I think everyone that was relevant in SotE is still canon, but the events that happened arent. Black Sun and Xizor's dad were in a couple episodes of The Clone Wars.
>>
>>63994060
isn't there a shot of the outrider in the special edition of A New Hope?

Dash Rendar still canon ahahahah Disney Rekt
>>
>>63994060
also I'm happy the Black Sun is still canon. I want to see a war between Black Sun and a coalition of Hutt Crime Lords

Space Yakuza(?) vs Space South American Drug Cartels who wins
>>
>>63993132
All Boba did was figure out where they were heading and ratted them out for money. Vader did all the real work while he just got paid for being a tattle-tale.
>>
heres the reasons boba fett was badass
>badass armor
>badass voice
>doesnt take shit from vader and vader seems to actually respect him
>tracks han down when all the other bounty hunters and empire failed
>demands compensation from vader if han dies to carbonite
>gets in a shootout with luke because he heard him sneaking around bespin when luke was a hallway away from him
>jumps into the battle at the sarlaac, has luke incapacitated with a metal cord and would probably kill him if the skiff gunners didnt make him stumble with a retardedly aimed bolt

the only reason he loses is dumb luck
>>
>>63994325
Yeah but while all the others were looking for solo, boba was just waiting for them. He JUST KNEW
>>
I never understood all the hype behind him. As a kid I thought he looked super cool but so did all the other bounty hunters, then he goes down like a bitch in Jedi.
I liked Jango Fett much more.
>>
>>63994373
he knows solo so he probably figured out that they were pulling some BS move to get away from the star destroyer. at that point the empire just randomly lost the falcon and couldnt pick them up on scanners, boba probably knew they were latched on and he remembers how obi wan pulled off the same BS with his dad
>>
>>63994373
He got lucky.
>>
>>63994393
>Son dies from malfunctioning jet pack
>Father dies from malfunction jet pack

I guess getting decapitated by Mace Dindu is better than falling into a giant butthole.
>>
File: 1431661048646.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1431661048646.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>63994419
>boba probably knew they were latched on and he remembers how obi wan pulled off the same BS with his dad

I cant believe I never thought of this
>>
>>63994472
except boba could have escaped, remember the EU is now legends. bobas legend could still be true of getting out of the sarlaac
>>
File: Sarlacc_Body.jpg (231 KB, 853x1445) Image search: [Google]
Sarlacc_Body.jpg
231 KB, 853x1445
>>63994472
>butthole

>>63994501
Wasn't he rescued by Dengar though?
>>
>>63993189
Yep. Ewan McGregor was top tier casting
>>
>>63994393
As shitty as the prequels were I'd have to agree with you.
Jango was much more fleshed out as a character and got an even bigger spotlight than Boba. He even fought toe to toe with Obi Wan and killed several Jedi before finally getting taken down by Samuel L. Jedi.
All Boba did was sit back in the sidelines until he accidentally gets knocked into a big man-eating vagina in a comically hilarious fashion.
>>
>>63994514
he detonated his jetpack and the sarlaac spit him up and dengar found him yea
>>
>>63994603
I wish Bounty Hunter was still canon
It really showed how badass Jango actually was
>>
>>63994514
Boba's armor is a great excuse for his survival. The idea was to kill him but of course he proved to be too popular. His armor allowed him to return.
>>
>>63993779
Here.
>>
>>63993201
Fanta is just Fettette
>>
>>63994644
Funny that they threw aways EVERYTHING including all those encyclopedias about alien races and books about characters from the cantina scene and so on. Most of that will never be made again. Same for work about the prequel characters. Nobody is going to write about Jango Fett or some random Jedi council member.
>>
>>63993060
Great character before the prequels ruined his mystery. He's a perfect example of less is more. He had the coolest suit and gadgets in the movie but we barely got to see him, each time he had a scene it was a huge treat and we wanted more. But we didn't get so much that we got tired of him or his effect wore off, we just got a taste and were left wanting more. It's basically like being cock teased by a 10/10 in a room full of average sluts. You bust your nut but can't get that cocktease out of your head.
>>
>>63993779
David icke plz
>>
>>63994749
makes me sad
we'll probably never get any Kyle Katarn or Mara Jade anymore either
>>
>>63993779
My nigga! Bossk was the real background badass
>>
>>63994514
Wow, it really does look like a vagina.
>>
>>63994939
Lucas got a divorce and its a metaphor form women. temple of doom was also really dark because he was upset with the divorce and it came out in the film
>>
>>63993777
if boba fett didnt follow the falcon, the empire wouldnt have known they were at bespin, vader would never have chopped off lukes hand, han would never have been frozen in carbonite, lando would never have helped them escape and join the rebellion.
>>
File: 10starwars.jpg (67 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
10starwars.jpg
67 KB, 800x445
where's the buddy cop style film about these two, huh disney
>>
>>63995390
I think they're a bit too similar to each other. At least 4-LOM could've had a head that would fit a protocol droid.
>>
>>63994482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
>>63994393
BOBA FUSH'N'CHUPS!!!
>>
>>63993189
How is he underrated? He's the only prequel characters people like outside of Sheev and everyone says he carried to prequels
>>
Is there really no audiobook of Tales of the Bounty Hunters
>>
>>63993201

Boba Fett didn't appear until ESB so perhaps if they're continuing the poetry they will introduce a boba fett in the next one.
>>
>>63993779
He doesnt DO
ANYTHING

JUST LIKE IG DROID
DIDNT DO A FUCKING THING
>>
Durge for best bounty hunter. I wish he would show up in a movie
>>
>>63996660
I laffed
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.