[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this was a fucking masterpiece. Best of the year easily. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: carol.jpg (56 KB, 423x633) Image search: [Google]
carol.jpg
56 KB, 423x633
So this was a fucking masterpiece. Best of the year easily. It's a genuinely interesting film, with creative decisions that pay off. My only problem with it is that it kind of ripped off the Master a lot, which I noticed with all of the intense period detail and Kodachrome color palette, 50's homosexual relationship plot, and they even used the exact same song as when Freddie leaves the Master, "No Other Love". And I only don't mind because the Master is my favorite movie ever, so even a movie pretending to be it is alright in my book.

Just go see it. It's a film with actual emotions, not just lightsabers.
>>
File: dg1.jpg (126 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
dg1.jpg
126 KB, 500x741
>>63991853
That's not this movie.
>>
>Just go see it. It's a film with actual emotions, not just lightsabers.
>implying that carol and starwars were the only two movies that were released this year

Fuck off nobody cares about your Tumblr movie and >muh emotion
Name one reason why anyone should see it other than it has lesbians in the 50's
>>
>>63992067
Honestly, I can understand where you're coming from. It wasn't easy to get me to see it either, so this is going to be difficult. I get how arch and oscar-baity it sounds. It's not. It's about a lot more than a lesbian couple.

Why see it? Because every aspect of what actually makes film fundamentally different and special as an art form is done well. Every set piece is perfect, colors bleed off the screen, characters are almost disturbingly well portrayed, I never felt like any actor was playing a character at all. Even subtle things, like characters being almost statue like in their stillness adds to the emotional intensity of the movie.

The only movie I can compare it to is the Master, which is also a hard sell. It's not really about lesbians in my mind, though it does feature them. It's about how shitty/beautiful the 50s were.
>>
>>63992369
If I wanted to watch a period piece about how shitty/beautiful it was way back when i'd rewatch all the madmen episodes that had Sal in them
>>
>>63992675
Madmen was about the 60s, the 50s are fairly different, but I get your point. Again, the Master is really the only thing similar that isn't by the same director, and it's pretty different. It's on Netflix, watch that first, see if it's something appealing to you.
>>
Was an extra in this. AMA.
>>
>>63993800
did you see any girl penis?
>>
>>63994064
Nope. Saw a lot of doing nothing in the cold for 11 hours
>>
>>63991853
fuck no

was boring. tragic lesbians is old territory. carol was unlikeable and treated rooney like shit.

also, how the fuck did the guy recording them having sex find them? it's not like he could trace their credit cards. they were travelling across the state. they could've been anywhere.
>>
>>63994166
where were they filming at?
>>
>>63994242
Cincinnati, Ohio. Everything you see in the film is 100% on location.
>>
>>63991853
Does he know he's an ad????
>>
>>63991894
they're almost doing the persona thing
>>
>>63991853

I keep hearing it's good but really struggling to get excited for it 2bh. It and Brooklyn both seem really boring to me.
>>
>>63991853
even that pretentious Youth is better than this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.